Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Empty33%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Empty67%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Scribbles Hotspot!

Go down 
+16
soujiroseta
Leaka
Urs
Bick
Khaleaya
Chrome
alexandra
whitehart
AliceInWonderland
Spyqueen
TerishD
JuJu
Snacker
Saphira
HYdraMStar
Kellycakes
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Teele

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Scribbler-1
Teele

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 3:30 pm

*Edited*
:P Apparently I missed the concept! Sorry folks...

Last edited by Teele on September 30th 2008, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.theclaybox.ca
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 3:40 pm

Teele wrote:
Bick wrote:
9) Who do you think has most effected you as a person, and have you changed much as a person throughout your life?

I'd have to say my (biological) dad. He and I are so similar, and I think its from more than just genetics. His calmness, gentleness, and intelligence have all been things I've aimed for. His sense of humor is amazing; even though he doesn't say a whole lot, he can say the right thing at the right time and have everyone laughing 'till they wet themselves. And his taste in music rubbed off a lot on me. So yeah. Just my aspiration to be like him has shaped who I am today.

Until about two or three years ago, I hadn't really changed much at all. But in the years since I was eighteen, I've gone through some major changes internally. Outside, I'm not much different. I'm becoming way more sure of myself, and I now have a much stronger sense of identity.

That's nice, but you aren't Urs. He's the one in the hot seat at the moment. You might be next. We'll have to wait and see who he picks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Urs

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 5:50 pm

Teele wrote:
*Edited*
:P Apparently I missed the concept! Sorry folks...

I am at question 9... at 10 questions, this ends.. Hint Hint... Nudge.. Nudge... :: Cough :: Ask a Question Dang it! ::

Bick wrote:
9) Who do you think has most effected you as a person, and have you changed much as a person throughout your life?

I hate to say it, but I have recently discovered that the person that had the most influence in my life in my younger years (and even a bit today) was not a positive or uplifting person to me. But when I was younger I had always sought my bother praise and approval. However for the most part he was not good influence, mainly belittling and putting me down, making me feel insecure and all that. All in all, a real drag and weight around my neck.

I have been trying now to purge myself of his influence and get on with my life, having the life I want , and not really giving a damn about needing anyone approval. In the end, the only person I need to appease in my life, should be ME, not my brother, and not anyone else.

But yah. My older brother, who used to pick on me and put me down all the time, I guess we end listening to the bad long before we let ourself feel the good.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Bick

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 ScribbleSuperr
Bick

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 7:10 pm

10) If you could swap lives with anyone who would it be, and if that were to happen what do you think the impact of you missing as who you use to be would be on everyone around you and maybe even the world?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 10:06 pm

Bick wrote:
10) If you could swap lives with anyone who would it be, and if that were to happen what do you think the impact of you missing as who you use to be would be on everyone around you and maybe even the world?

Swap lives. Wow that is a good question.

I think I would swap lives with someone who was rich, no name needed for this. Just some rich dude that was not famous at all. That way I would not need to worry about image or anything like that.

As for how it would affect the lives of those around me. I really have no clue. I could not even entertain what the impact would be. I suppose it would be a bit of a shock to my family and those that know me to see an attitude change in me. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worst, but I guess like any personal change or transformation, it would be an impact and I hope for the better for all involved.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 10:55 pm

Well done with all your questions, Urs. Who is the next person you pick for the Scribbles Hotspot?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 9:06 pm

I think Leaka would enjoy being in the Hot Seat.

So I shall choose him.
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 12:01 am

Urs wrote:
I think Leaka would enjoy being in the Hot Seat.

So I shall choose him.

Just as long as the seat isn't to hot.
How would I explain the burn on my bum to my mom?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 12:08 am

1) If you were to write an biography, what parts of your life would you want omitted?
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 12:11 am

Urs wrote:
1) If you were to write an biography, what parts of your life would you want omitted?

I would want all the parts of my life omitted. It would be wrong to exclude certain things of my life . To only put the good parts of my life people would only see me as perfect and only to put my bad parts of my life people would only see me as someone who would want sympathy.
So I rather spare the judgment and put all the parts of my life good or bad in my biography and I would hope they would help someone or not.
Back to top Go down
Bick

Bick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 1:25 pm

Congrats Leaka Wink

There is this marvelous song "Imagine" It's what I would imagine would have to be the perfect world. So, here's my question.

2) What is your thoughts on the 'perfect' world, do you think this perfect world is even possible, and is there such a thing as perfect in the first place with all the different views from people all over?
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 2:20 pm

Bick wrote:

2) What is your thoughts on the 'perfect' world, do you think this perfect world is even possible, and is there such a thing as perfect in the first place with all the different views from people all over?

I do not think there is a such thing as a perfect world. With a perfect world there would be no flaws and people would be pretty much the same.
No one wants to live in a world were everyone agrees with them all the time, they may say they want a life like that, but truth is if they really lived that world they would dislike it and would want everyone to disagree.
There is no such thing as a perfect world, the world was never evolved that way it was evolved with flaws and it must have been evolved like this for a reason.
[Hope that made sense]
Back to top Go down
Bick

Bick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 7:04 pm

3) Are you really serious about your writing? If so, what would you consider to be your strongest skill for writing and what do you consider your weakest? If not, then what could you see yourself doing instead of writing?
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 7:17 pm

Bick wrote:
3) Are you really serious about your writing? If so, what would you consider to be your strongest skill for writing and what do you consider your weakest? If not, then what could you see yourself doing instead of writing?

I am serious about my writing, I love to create and express and escape, but mmm lately I have lost confidence in my writing and I've been taken it very personal. I can't consider I have any strengths or weakness at the moment because lately I have not been able to write as good as I use.
I guess back then I was really good at description.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Th_wel10

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 9:44 pm

4. What is the worst thing that has happened to you in your life? What did you do to overcome it? And do you believe it necessary to always guard your trust because of said event?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 12:49 am

Kellycakes wrote:
4. What is the worst thing that has happened to you in your life? What did you do to overcome it? And do you believe it necessary to always guard your trust because of said event?

Well one of the worse things that happened to me was my grandfather died. I just wrote all my emotions away. I don't think that particular event made me lose my trust in anyone.
It was all the bullying children did and people saying their were my friends and then leaving me at that moment in time, made me lose trust in people.
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 7:58 am

5 - Do you think you could survive on your own in a deserted island?
Back to top Go down
http://alexandrariera.spaces.live.com/
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 12:41 pm

alexandra wrote:
5 - Do you think you could survive on your own in a deserted island?
I might be able to survive a deserted island, I've read a lot of survival books.
And I don't really need anyone, I'm a loner by nature so yeah, I think I would be able to survive.
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 11:50 am

6 - do you still keep the toy you used to sleep with as a child?
Back to top Go down
http://alexandrariera.spaces.live.com/
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 2:03 pm

alexandra wrote:
6 - do you still keep the toy you used to sleep with as a child?

I do not keep the toy of my childhood with me. When I was fourteen I got rid of all my childhood toys and gave them to other children.
I mean I have a few stuff animals left, but those are really special to me they are all that I have left of my.......so nope no childhood toys sleeping with me.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 2:22 pm

7. What would you say is the most important life lesson you've learned thus far?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 3:16 pm

HYdraMStar wrote:
7. What would you say is the most important life lesson you've learned thus far?
(I was asked along the same line question somewhere along the line, but okay dokey)

The most important life lesson I have learned so far, is that I can't change anybody's mind. Because everyone thinks they are right even when they are wrong. And that also goes to not correcting people either.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Th_wel10

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 3:35 pm

8. What are some of your long term goals, (ie; college major, marriage, kids)?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 5:24 pm

Kellycakes wrote:
8. What are some of your long term goals, (ie; college major, marriage, kids)?

Some of my long term goals are going to getting a major in literature and publishing writings if I can. I do not want to marry or have children.
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2008, 11:23 am

9: if you could be given info about one event in your future that would be 100% correct. What event would you want to know about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scribbles Hotspot!
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next