Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Empty33%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Empty67%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Scribbles Hotspot!

Go down 
+16
soujiroseta
Leaka
Urs
Bick
Khaleaya
Chrome
alexandra
whitehart
AliceInWonderland
Spyqueen
TerishD
JuJu
Snacker
Saphira
HYdraMStar
Kellycakes
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 12:45 am

10. What object or belonging is the most important thing you own?

(last question, don't forget to pick the next victim)
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Chrome

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Scribbler-1
Chrome

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 4:27 am

Quote :
9 - What animal touches your heart and inspires you?

Every animal, if you try to study it, is so inspirational that man, you couldn't ask a tougher question. I guess I'll pick the snow leopard. It's a darling! Okay, so its got those knives in his mouth, but it's still sho adhorable! (And that 'h' ain't a typo) I really, really want to get a cub when I'm older and bring it up. If it's not obvious, they're sho shweet! And, they have an element of curiosity, adventure and still manage to have some style. One could learn a lot about life's excitement from those fellas.
Back to top Go down
Chrome

Chrome

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 5:03 am

Quote :
10. What object or belonging is the most important thing you own?

That ain't too tough. The most important would be my religious book. Easy to carry, can read with or without light and short-sighted glasses (ya know - a little candle can suffice) and helps you when you're down or need advice. And a rather beautiful looking cover too! xD But yeah, it's really important to me. If my country gets sacked I'll keep this one book w/ me for sure.
Back to top Go down
Chrome

Chrome

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 7:16 am

And the next is...

URS
Back to top Go down
Urs

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 9:11 am

Ok... 10 questions sounds like fun.

:: Bows and steps onto the Platform ::

I am such a sucker for drama.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
alexandra

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 ScribbleSuperr
alexandra

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 9:13 am

1 - how do you react in the even of a crisis? do you do the drama thing or keep calm?
Back to top Go down
http://alexandrariera.spaces.live.com/
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 3:44 pm

alexandra wrote:
1 - how do you react in the even of a crisis? do you do the drama thing or keep calm?

This is a great question BTW What a Face

I always believe there is plently of time for Drama after the crisis is over, or before it happens. Never during.

So when things go wrong I react by focusing on the situation and doing what I can to deal with that trauma or tragedy.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 9:00 pm

2. If you had to relocated to a different era of time and live out the rest of your life there when would it be and why?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 11:28 pm

HYdraMStar wrote:
2. If you had to relocated to a different era of time and live out the rest of your life there when would it be and why?

Wow... so much for expecting an easy question. Wow... that is a good one.

that is tricky, because the finality of it. If I had to stay there not just visit. That makes this question a true challenge. My hat is off to you for this brain teaser.

I would say If I had to pick an era, I suppose I would not fit in well in any era, but I could choose I would want to live in the era when Christ walked the earth.

I can think of no other time when the changes of man were so pivotal then that time. But I am not sure I would enjoy living in that era with what they had. But it would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2008, 6:02 am

3 - if you could choose to be one character in a story who would you be?
Back to top Go down
http://alexandrariera.spaces.live.com/
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2008, 9:49 am

alexandra wrote:
3 - if you could choose to be one character in a story who would you be?

Umm... Dang... I want to say the "guy that gets the girl" but this is equally so a very hard brain teaser to think about.

But in truth I think if I had a chance to pick to be anyone I have read about, I would like to be Sherlock Holmes. A man that truly used his mind as his greatest weapon.

And I like puzzle solving to an extent. So I would have chosen him.
Back to top Go down
Bick

Bick

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2008, 10:13 am

Now-a-days we use the internet for just about everything. Whether it’s for fun, or for research.

4) What are your thoughts on how technology is effecting us all as a mass, and how do you feel it effects you in your daily life, as well as towards your writing?

{I must be brain dead... I spelled it 'techknowledgy xDD}
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2008, 8:41 pm

Bick wrote:
Now-a-days we use the internet for just about everything. Whether it’s for fun, or for research.

4) What are your thoughts on how technology is effecting us all as a mass, and how do you feel it effects you in your daily life, as well as towards your writing?

{I must be brain dead... I spelled it 'techknowledgy xDD}

As for my Daily life, I think it is a great thing, it gives me people that I can interact with that I enjoy the company of. I could not ask for anything more then that from any kind of tool or system like the internet.

As for my writing, well...I am loath to admit that I think the Internet has become a very large distraction impact on my desire to knuckle down and write. But on the other hand when I become stumped or need any bit of info about something there are countless resources at my fingertips to provide sound and viable answers.

As for "as a mass" I can only put out my personal feelings on this. But it seems to me that there seem to be an increasing number of people that think if they read a Wikipedaia article (or just link to it) on a subject that they suddenly know everything there needs to be know about the subject and their word is law.

But that is again, just my view on things.
Back to top Go down
Bick

Bick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2008, 12:34 pm

Books are banned, whether it's recent or done in the past.

5) What do you think about the banning of books being a man that lives in the United States, do you believe they have the right through a democracy?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2008, 4:01 pm

Bick wrote:
Books are banned, whether it's recent or done in the past.

5) What do you think about the banning of books being a man that lives in the United States, do you believe they have the right through a democracy?

To put this simply, I am against any form of censorship. As such I am against banning books. There are laws in effect about books that might contain 'classified' info but barring that, I believe anything should be open to the public.

"It is impossible to be offended by a book, all you have to do is close it" (Paraphrased) (If anyone know who said this please provide, I can't think of the guys name right now, sorry)
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 4:38 pm

6. Someone comes up to you on the street and offers you one of the best opportunities of your life, but theres a catch. You have to describe yourself fully in three sentences. Give it a go!
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Leaka

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 4:40 pm

Kellycakes wrote:
6. Someone comes up to you on the street and offers you one of the best opportunities of your life, but theres a catch. You have to describe yourself fully in three sentences. Give it a go!
MMmmm....nevermind confused by this whole entire thing.

Last edited by Leaka on September 28th 2008, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : confused very very confused)
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 3:26 am

Leaka wrote:
Kellycakes wrote:
MMmmm....nevermind confused by this whole entire thing.

The question (ten total) are directed at the person currently in the 'hot seat', which at the moment is Urs. When that person has answered their ten questions they pick the next person to take the seat and the whole thing starts over again... understand it now?
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 3:27 am

7. What modern day writer's work do you most admire? And why?
Back to top Go down
soujiroseta

soujiroseta

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 4:06 am

i admire james patterson. His work has always had a profound impact on me. THe style of his writing and the short chapters are just what i love to see in a novel along with a terrifyingly gripping storyline. Another reason is the impressive and believable characters he always puts into his stories, especially Alex Cross.
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 11:39 am

Kellycakes wrote:

You just have a knack for those mind testing questions.

3 Sentences. Sounds fair. I would say: I am a devoted family man who's focus in life is to enjoy the days as they come what ever they bring upon them.

That sums me up pretty good to tell the truth. I suppose the last two sentences would be "Some days I am a jerk, some days I am not, I am human, deal with it"
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 11:42 am

HYdraMStar wrote:
7. What modern day writer's work do you most admire? And why?

Ooo that is a really good question. I would have to say Gary Gygax. May he rest in peace.

He made the worlds that inspired people's imagination, so much so that they in turn made entire worlds.
Back to top Go down
Bick

Bick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 9:02 pm

8. If you could meet anyone, whether they be dead or alive who would it be and why?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 8:58 am

Bick wrote:
8. If you could meet anyone, whether they be dead or alive who would it be and why?

That is easy. If I had the choice to meet anyone who ever lived, I would want to meet Jesus the Christ. Just the idea of meeting a man who has had such influence on our lives, who had influenced every generation that came after him. But did so for the better of the people, not for his own personal grain.
Back to top Go down
Bick

Bick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 2:23 pm

9) Who do you think has most effected you as a person, and have you changed much as a person throughout your life?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scribbles Hotspot!
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next