Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Empty33%Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Empty67%Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) EmptyAbduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Voting_bar2Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) EmptyAbduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Voting_bar2Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TerishD

Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Empty
PostSubject: Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2020, 6:39 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Seven

Shirley:
Wondering about Marriage

After all she said, it did not help to hear Tammy ask, "Well, is there a reason you would not want to marry Ralph?"

Shirley really did not appreciate hearing the question, but it did cause her to think.  "Well, I..."

"He has not hurt you.  He really has not threatened you.  I am not saying that what he said was spoken in a manner you wanted to hear, but if phrased in another manner you probably would have gladly told him, ‘Yes.’"

"No.  Well, no.  I mean, I would not have told him yes.  I would have mentioned certain other requirements, such as meeting our respective families and such."

"Listen, I agree with you, but I am just saying that Ralph did not commit a crime.  Further, he has no record of having committed a crime.  It is slightly suspicious that he does not have a record at all, but if you tried to file a report on Ralph the police would look at you as if you were some tramp wanting to do an honest man wrong."

Shirley found herself having to agree with Tammy.  Ralph would certainly not be the first man who made an improper statement while on a date.  While what he said definitely did not find favor with her, it did not convict him of any crime.  Having to accept that Tammy was being honest with her, Shirley decided to get her perspective on things.

"So, what would you do?"

"Well, I guess just not see him again."

Shirley had already considered that option, but found herself having to accept that Ralph had been a wonderful man.  "Yes, but –"

"Aha!  You still like him."

The words from Tammy sounded like an accusation.  Honestly, Shirley felt that they would not even be having this conversation if she did not like Ralph.  She however had to admit that her words up to now were those of someone wanting to end a relationship.  She thus had to consider her own feelings.  Wondering if Tammy would sound out more accusations, Shirley made a confession.

"I guess I do, but I do wish that he would have spoken in a manner of allowing me a place in certain decisions.  Just telling me that he was going to cart me off I felt was very wrong."

"I have to agree, but it could also end up being fun.  I mean, family traditions last because they fill a purpose.  Those that are harmful or wastes of time get discarded.  You could find yourself enjoying the little escapade.  It will give you something to tell your children, and you will probably end up instructing your boy on how to go through the motions with the young lady he chooses.  Ralph is obviously from a rich family, and we know they are crazy.  Still, if that is what it takes to marry into a life of ease, I would not be so antagonistic to it."

The words did sound logical to Shirley.  She however did not feel that a practical perspective was the best one to have.  Marriage was a large step, and she felt that it needed to be taken at a deeper level than just a matter of finances.  She worked to form a logical reply that would express her actual beliefs into words.

"I am young with every option to have a career, a life.  I don't want to give all that up to simply be a man's womb."

"Oh, Hell, Shirley.  All us ladies have to accept that we will possibly be the womb for some man.  At least you have the option of being the womb for a successful man.  Not only is he offering you a life as part of wealthy family, but also a career.  I have six years in the military behind me along with almost enough credits to get an actual B.A.  I can claim to be close to a career.  Shirley, you are at a point in your life where you can take this chance with the possibility of having time to do something else.  Of course, being the wife of a rich man is not a bad thing."

Tammy could be demeaning with her comparisons of where she was at in her life to that of Shirley.  The young lady however allowed that she would rather repeat those words than hearing the phrases from her mother pass from her mouth.  Unlike her mother, Tammy’s statements could also be taken as inspiring.  Shirley had found herself liking Ralph, and thought that a life with him would be an improvement.  The hope would be that in a few years she would also be able to brag about her place in society.  Of course, being married into a wealthy family would automatically shoot her high in status without any effort except keeping a smile on her face.  With her keeping Ralph in her life, Shirley realized that she could quickly be the one bragging in comparing her life to that of Tammy.

She still felt something inside her putting up resistance.  "I want more to my life."

"Listen, you tell Ralph that.  If he contacts you again, you make it clear what your own desires are.  He might have spoken as some dominating fool, but you can state your worth in return.  See if he will lower his feeling of superiority.  If so, you might find it acceptable to have a life with him."

Those were the type of words Shirley wanted from the elder lady.  Now that she had a train of thought that agreed with her, she pressed Tammy to tell her some more.  The two soon were plotting various topics to have Ralph discuss and places for him to agree to take Shirley.

After what she felt was a successful discussion with Tammy, Shirley feared that Ralph would not contact her.  He did not for a few days, but that was not uncommon.  She in fact had found pleasure in that the man allowed her to have time for her regular school courses and friends.  Now she wondered about him, as if he was simply going to whisk her away to live with him why treat her humble existence as a student with any respect.  Shirley found herself holding discussions with Tammy that varied from telling Ralph to go to Hell or simply sitting and allowing the man to calmly speak his intentions.

A sense of relief came upon her in seeing him by her car as she left school to go home.  She saw him in his fine clothes, and wondered how he could look so good when her clothes showed the mistreatment of her active day.  Shirley calmed her emotions with the thought that he surely checked over his appearance before coming to her.  Tammy's boyfriend seldom worked hard enough in a day to spoil his appearance.  Shirley thus approached Ralph feeling good that she could finally work out some of her feelings toward the man.

He said, "Last time we spoke about cooking, but it seems that neither of us has a place where we can share recipes.  I would however be willing to treat you wherever you would like to go."

"Why don't you have a place nearby, Ralph?  You’re not staying in a hotel, are you?"

"No, but it is a rather large estate a distance from here.  I slept in the car on occasions."

She looked at the nice dark-blue sedan while asking, "So you drive all the way here?"

"The car?  No.  I keep it in a local garage.  I actually ride a horse home."

"A horse?"

Shirley looked again at his outfit thinking that it did not show any signs of him being on an animal.  His actions however did not display any recognition of her examination of his attire.  He kept his focus on her.  Shirley thought that a good thing, even though she knew that her outfit and countenance reflected the day of work.

Ralph said, "I told you many times my family raises very special horses.  It takes a lot of special training just to be around them.  As the one who is to inherit the family estate, it would not be right for me to be reluctant to ride them."

"I assume that your father taught you."

"Well, what he could before he died."

Shirley had heard that piece of information and felt sorry for having him mention it, so had a shocked tone to her voice as she honestly replied, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay.  My mother was more than able to take a place of leadership in the family.  I believe that she came to enjoy the family business even more than father.  What she can do with horses is amazing."

"Listen, I am not against meeting your mother.  It's a step that is necessary if our relationship is to advance."

Ralph was quiet for a moment, then said, "I agree.  We are a peculiar family however."

"Listen, peculiar I can handle, but weird maybe not."

"We're not weird, but there is a lot that just does not get explained.  It all makes sense, and nothing we do is inherently deadly.  The horses do take some attention to manage properly, but such is true with any large animal.  I will however assure you that my family is not associated with any mafia or illegal goods."

Using her voice to stress the seriousness of her words, Shirley said, "I want you to tell me a lot of things."

"So, I can pick you up at seven?"

"Yes."  Shirley then thought up something that she felt compelled to ask.  "Does your family eat horses?"

An expression of shock crossed his features before he said, "We don't raise horses to eat them.  I will admit that have eaten horsemeat, but I promise you that those were extremely rare and trying times.  My life has not been without events, but those I feel have made me a better person."

"I like you, Ralph, but I am very unsure about you.  I need you to do things that will remove my concerns about you."

"Until you meet my family, there is not much that I can do."

Shirley felt there was, and mentioned one of them.  "You can talk."

"I have always looked forward to spending time with you, Shirley, even though almost all we have done is talk."

"Don't push your luck, Ralph.  One step at a time."

"I work with horses, so I must agree."

Last edited by TerishD on July 10th 2020, 6:24 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
TerishD

TerishD

Male

PostSubject: Chapter Eight   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2020, 6:37 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Eight

Morgan:
Another Rider

Seeing flowers on the floor around my bed bothered me. I certainly did remember Doris weaving the natural loveliness into the hair of my mane and tail. The fact that they came through however gave me alarm in their physical presence stressing the reality of my alternate life. I however could not think of anything of my being lost due to being on my person when I went into the body of Nancy. I rose from my bed to put on my clothes wondering about what my family was thinking about my extended absence.

Looking at the flowers had me wonder about my life as a mare. I thought again about spending time with a naked female splashing in the water with no concern for me watching. It seriously bothered me to have had the experience without the sensations of physically reacting to the sight. Feeling myself become aroused just thinking about the event, I wondered about how complete my transformation truly was. Looking to my rear I realized that the thoughts to direct a tail just had no results with his human body, which had me accept that as a mare thoughts of a naked female form would not have a place to go. I already did not like my alternate existence, but seeing the flowers let me know the reality of my other life. Understanding something real and substantial imprisoned me in the body of the mare, and that I was not just experiencing a vivid set of dreams, troubled me greatly.

Not wanting to waste evidence, I bagged the flowers in a pencil case before leaving my room. I rushed down the stairs to have a number of blank stares directed at me. My family greeted me as if they had not missed me. I asked my mother about the flowers becoming worried when she did not say anything about being concerned about my not being present for a number of days.

I noticed that it was again Monday, and wondered about the reason I had been returned to this life. Feeling that there were rules to the magic being worked on me, I went over the facts I had reasoned while spending time as a horse. Knowing that I had to make use of my time as a person, I went to school planning not to bother with requesting another session with Dr. Amberling.

Those at the school had no record of me not being present. Going into the office to get a slip concerning my absences, they told me to go on to class. No one could remember me being on campus, but they strangely did not have any notations about me not being present for classes. Realizing that I was being forgotten when living my other life as Nancy, I determined to do what I could at school to hold onto this reality.

Instead of heading straight to class, I detoured to see the counselor. When I entered the office, Dr. Amberling simply signaled for me to enter. While I did not want to take too long, I felt it best if I personally explained the flowers to the counselor.

It was the fact that I had not been marked absent over the latter part of the previous week that truthfully troubled Dr. Amberling. He told me to head to class while saying that the matter would be a concern. The fact of the flowers however was not seen as being any help.

The counselor said, "Morgan, I really do not believe their presence proves anything."

I had to reply, "I don't believe so either, but I am glad that you are listening. I guess I was hoping the flowers would just prove to you that something real is happening to me. It's not just a dream." I then had to add, "Honestly, I believe that I might call someone else crazy trying to tell me a story like this." Before the doctor could reply, I said more. "I however believe that is the intent. They want me to accept the fact that I am this horse. I guess that I am supposed to be going crazy having to live the life of an animal, so when I become the animal I am so mentally challenged that I can only think as the animal."

It did not surprise me to hear Dr. Amberling ask me to explain. I thus spoke in more detail about my past few days, and how they were not anything special for the life of an animal. I had been treated no different than an animal of any type would be treated. If anything, I was treated very well. I explained how I felt the intent was to get me to accept that I was nothing but a mare named Nancy, and that I needed to adjust to meeting nothing more than those expectations. Feeling a need to further support my words, I then told Dr. Amberling about not feeling anything when I spent time watching the naked lady.

I stressed the words by saying, "Hell, Dr. Amberling, I am getting a hard on now thinking about what I saw."

The psychiatrist asked, "Did you realize at the time that you were watching a naked lady?"

I did not simply give a positive response, but spoke of the attributes of the lady. I had to smile when Dr. Amberling had to adjust his position due to the things described. He however proved that he could handle such a presentation when he stated a conclusion as a response.

"The reason you were probably made a mare was to hide any sign that you recognized certain things about humans. The lady might have recognized something if you were a stallion." Before I could comment, the psychiatrist asked a question. "Have you noticed anything when around a man?"

"No. There is a blacksmith that brushes me down, but he does not turn me on. When at the other estate there were a number of men caring for the animals, and none of them had me feel unusual. I have heard of those who are claiming to own me gaining a stallion, but I tend to believe it was just something said to get me to react."

"Did you?"

"No. At the time I was considering the words about things no man was supposed to know, and felt that my being impregnated might fall under that category. I thus simply stood there while I thought over the words. I supposed that I acted as a horse would."

The doctor thought for a moment, then asked, "Have you tried talking as a horse."

I felt that I had answered that question in discussing my time in the stables, but went ahead and answered. "Yes, and none have acted as if they understood. I don't even understand the sounds I make. It seems that the voice box of a horse is nothing like a human. Everyone just treats me as a dumb animal. That includes the lady that I believe is responsible for my transformation, although she has clearly spoken of knowing who I truly am. She however has also let me know that I only have a future as a horse, and most of the time treats me simply as a dumb animal."

"Well, don't lose yourself, Morgan. I really don't know how I can help you, but you seem rational enough. Thus, feel free to keep coming to me. If you figure this thing out, I really want to know how to help the next person."

That is all I wanted to hear, so thanked Dr. Amberling and went to class. I hoped to have been contacted again by the counselor, but only heard some of the teachers ask him questions about last week. Feeling that some research was being done by Dr. Amberling, I left school hoping the coming days would provide some hope.

Finding myself again as a horse, all I could hope was that this would be a usual night of me being returned in the morning. As I trotted with the lady on my back I wondered what lesson she might have for me. This time instead of a buggy there was a strange black horse. I did not feel that the sensations I felt were sexual, but fear filled my mind. The one riding me seemed to sense my emotions, as she patted my neck while speaking soothing words of course calling me Nancy. I had seen the man beside the animal before, as he had been the one to speak to the other children to treat me well. I thus accepted that the man was also a child of the lady who rode me. It thus did not surprise me when the one on my back directed me to move toward the man, then dropped off to hand my reins to him.

"Here she is, Son. Don't go too far with her, as I will need to bring her back. I am waiting on you to set the time when we can play for keeps."

He replied, "Well, I don't see any reason to do more with Nancy than you have been doing. If we are not here when you return, we will probably be in the meadow."

As with Doris, Ralph did not act as if the horse was anything but an animal. He spoke the commands in a soft voice I felt intended to sound soothing and not to stress any authority. While there was a difference in weight, this rider had a similar method of handling me as did the lady that had me not chance attempting to disobey. The man did not allow the pauses between actions that were usual with the lady. Instead of just swimming across the river, I found myself directed to swim upstream. I really did not think of horses as good swimmers, but found the body to somehow stay afloat and challenge the minor current. Jumping a little higher had a degree of difficulty in having to handle the greater weight of the rider. Finally, I was directed to the meadow, brushed down, then left to eat, drink, or do whatever I desired. Of course, as an animal I understood that I had few options in how I treated this rider.

I was hungry, as I had not liked what my mother fixed for supper. Eating plants as a horse had me not appreciate a vegetarian menu as a man. I munched on the grass wondering how what was in my human stomach would adjust for my equestrian digestion, and how the grass would be handled by my human system. I really could not say that the blades of the plants tasted good, but they did not taste bad. They also did not give me any problems once swallowed. I took the time to notice that my equestrian body took to eating the grass without any of the problems that I had in eating a salad. When I finally no longer felt hungry, I considered how I might do something that might work to my advantage in staying human.

Simply curious, I went to where I could see Ralph writing some notes. I tried to imagine that I was looking at the man naked. While the thought disgusted me, what concerned me was whether my female body would react. Ralph looked at me, but kept his focus on his writing.

Finally, he closed the book then said, "Yes, I know that your mind is not that of a horse. It however seems to have adjusted real well to being a horse. Doris came back without saying anything of you being strange. That's good. That's what we need. Sorry about you being a horse, but life is just not fair. Still, we have no ill plans for you. I went and chose a real strong and rather attractive stallion for you. Probably not the type of family you expected to raise, but it should be a good life all the same. I promise to always see that you are taken care of, Nancy."

The way that last sentence was said had me believe that Ralph thought Nancy to be the actual name of the one transformed into a horse. Instead of thinking that a man was looking at him, Ralph smiled in a manner stating that he considered himself being watched by a lady. That disturbed me almost as much as if being with another person who thought of me as only an animal.

Ralph did have his mount perform a few more basic maneuvers. I had to show that I could perform some quick turns while at a high rate of speed. I then was directed to trot around some trees. After mumbling a comment about everything being fine, Ralph had his mount go back across the river.

He dismounted, then asked his waiting mother, "You found a wonderful horse. I think she will do the job. What are you going to do with her afterward?"

"Doris wants her. Still, we can decide later."

I expected the lady to say something after Ralph rode off on the strange black horse. I remembered hearing statements of her declaring her power over me, and expected similar words to be said again. This time she however simply rode me back through the mist.

I came awake to feel really afraid of how things were progressing. Everything on the other side was working against me having any hope of retaining my humanity, much less my masculinity. While a thought to look up sex between horses did pass through my mind, I did not worry that I might find out first hand. I thought to stay home and ponder possible solutions, although felt that however bad things might get at school I was at least dealing with other humans as a human.
Back to top Go down
TerishD

TerishD

Male

PostSubject: Chapter Nine   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2020, 6:20 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Nine

Morgan:
The Event Occurs

During the day there were rumors at school of certain regulations not being enforced. I listened as the teachers sounded out the names of everyone to assure an accurate notation of who and who was not present. Feeling that steps were being taken to help me, I found some comfort that my situation would be resolved.

That night I was again strapped to the buggy. This time I was directed along a series of roads that had me arrive at other houses. The lady exchanged some goods. Understanding that I was simply being used as a horse to allow the lady to perform some errands gave me the message that my lessons were finished. I was what the family wanted me to be, and I would simply spend my nights as their horse.

It bothered me to wake up feeling that I had experienced a good night. Not wanting to find comfort in my life as Nancy, I almost rushed to school. I went to spend time with Dr. Amberling hoping to again be contacted by the one who had previously given me advice. It ended up however with the counselor just saying that he was working on the problem. I returned to my classes hoping for some sign of my nights as a horse coming to an end.

This night I was ridden to the mansion in the usual fashion. Again I found myself wondering what new experiences would be presented to me. A thought to become alarmed came upon me as time passed and nobody had me perform any lessons or duties, but I reminded myself of the conclusion that I was just the family horse. Whether they had something for me to do or not, I would spend my nights as a horse. I however became worried seeing the sun move into the sky with me only standing around. I looked to the mansion wondering if something had happened to the people who were responsible for me.

It rained, and I wondered if those in the house did not want to travel in the bad weather. I had been forced previously to stand outside during a shower, but this was a full storm. Lightning had me move to a side of the house where I had some shelter. With no choice but to pass the time as an animal, I stood and tried to stay dry even as the wind blew water upon me. When the skies finally cleared, no one still came out of the house to take me home.

Moving away from the house, I heard a whinny. Walking to the back of the house I saw a small wooden barn. A strange sensation came to me with the understanding that there was a horse in the building. Remembering it being said that they had purchased a stallion, I turned back to the front of the house feeling that I had learned enough.

"Yes," said the lady who stood at a corner of her mansion, "that's your husband. I have other options to give you, but you have to perform properly if you are to hear them. By the way, I did not come to get you due to the storm. I left you out here because this is now your home and your job. You are no longer who you were, but Nancy. You could have gone into the stables during the rain. It is the proper place for a horse. There is a stall there for you."

As if she had said enough, the lady approached to grab the mane. I thought to attack, but knew from experience that she was stronger than she looked. In all the time she had spent with me, never had she shown any fear of being around a large animal or handled herself in a less than competent manner. Not wishing to die as a horse, I moved as the lady directed by her hold on my mane.

She had me go through the routines. I had now committed the commands to memory, so easily responded. After that she had me saddled, then rode me about the property. Doris came out when she returned, and the elder lady gave me to her daughter. I spent the rest of the day performing for the young lady. I had no options but to respond as a horse. My arms were the front legs of the mare, and had none of the ranges of movement I expected as a man. The sounds I made were those of a horse. I had a tail, and swished it to keep flies from my flanks. Nothing about my body gave any indication of being a man, and with that knowledge I obeyed the commands as Nancy had been taught. Coming back to the mansion, Doris had me tended to by the blacksmith then released to spend my time as a horse.

The next day the children were brought out and taught how to command me. I responded accepting that these youths were being taught to become my masters. They laughed seeing me perform, and spoke with joy as I gave each a simple ride. Throughout my obedient actions, I understood who had authority over my life in seeing the beaming face of the elder lady as she watched over the children.

My simple experiences as nothing more than an animal continued with no hope of ever returning to my previous existence. Ralph, Doris, or their mother might come out to ride me or have me power a buggy. The children would sometime during the day be allowed to spend time learning to command me and gain experience sitting on my back. I saw the stallion brought out to be exercised. I felt some concern about my fate in seeing the animal, although wondered to what use they bought it besides being my husband. Something just seemed improper in how little they spent time with it. I was put through the routines, ridden or used to power a buggy, while it simply spent time in a stall.

There were times I wanted to be angry. Grass was all I had to eat, but seeing a barn filled with hay had me realize the only other option for my diet. Water was all I had to drink. Standing out in the rain, or simply spending time outside, no longer provided me with any feeling of freedom. I however had no release for my anger, as my actions, whatever I decided to do, were still those of a horse.

While I had been trained to work with a buggy, I saw the vehicle Doris had used connected to one of the strange black horses. Another one was saddled. I had no way to be certain they were nightmares, although felt they were of that species. The saddle placed on my back had a large leather piece that almost completely covered my back. I did not know what I would be required to do, but hoped that at its completion I would be able to stop being a horse.

Having Doris come up and hug me, as well as put some flowers in my mane, did not have me feel that things would end well for me. The indication was that she expected to claim me as her horse. None of the humans spoke to me, but to each other. As if I was nothing but a dumb animal, the elder lady climbed into my saddle and with a work of the reins and taps with the feet had me feel that I would no longer be treated as having any humanity.

I did not know the route I was directed to take. I however recognized the need for my training. The recent storm had increased the flow of streams, forcing me to brave the currents. The poor condition of the trail had me need to make some jumps. While I did not know the route, the things I needed to do had me glad to have willingly gone through the training.

I smelled a foul odor, although was surprised to hear the voice of the lady actually speak to me. "Yes, Nancy, it stinks. That is the reason I needed you. A regular animal would not understand or be able to be trained through this portion of the trip. Just this once, I needed an animal that I could talk with. After this, you are my horse - well, probably Doris' horse - but I want you to know that I did not do this out of any malevolent intent. You have actually been a good animal, and I hope that you find a good life. You will bare foals and die as a horse, but I promise you a good life."

I wanted to ask her why me. I did try. Since she said that she needed someone to talk with, I hoped that she would acknowledge my speech. She however did not answer the question, but in the manner of guiding a horse she had me advance.

Coming to a stagnant pond smelling as if all manner of foul stuff had been placed into the water, the lady spoke again. "Okay, Nancy, you need to go into the water and down. You should not swim far at all before I will signal for you to go up. You reach the surface, climb out, then wait for us to load something on your back. You then will go back through. Understand?"

Instead of speaking, I simply moved my head up and down, to which I heard the lady say, "Good girl, Nancy. No, I cannot understand animals, and that is what you are. I cannot stop you from clopping your hooves or moving your head, so you can prove yourself to be a smart animal, but you are an animal. Talking is just not something animals do. Now, Nancy, I don't want to be here anymore than you do, so let's get this done."

Feeling the light kick, I took off into the foul liquid. I never really understood how my equestrian body swam, but trusted that my efforts would continue to have the proper results. I really had not been trained in holding my breath, although did what I could to use my human experience to keep the foul liquid from getting into me. Luckily, the elder lady was correct about me not moving far before feeling the pull on the reins to direct me up. More than glad to leave the sickening water, I took off to the surface.

Gaining solid ground required the lady getting out of the saddle and pulling on my reins. I was grateful that she did, as my hooves just did not gain the traction. Coming out of the pool, she led me to a fence and told me to wait.

Looking around disturbed me greatly. I saw electric lights. I could hear the distant sounds of car engines. I found that I had been led to stand against a hurricane fence. Modern houses were around me. Realizing that I was still a horse in the world I knew had me feel that the lady had been correct. While the thought was disturbing, the reality was that I was now an animal.

I heard movement, but was prevented from seeing by the lady wrapping the reins around the fence and commanding me to stay still. I heard the voice of Ralph speak to his mother about how to tie whatever was placed on his back behind the saddle. From the way he spoke, I expected to hear the sirens of police cars. After some ropes were secured around me, the lady unwrapped the reins and verbally commanded me to return through the foul liquid.

The trip back seemed longer, but that was just because it took time to get my equestrian body deep enough. More than glad to feel the reins tell me to change directions then go up I barely held my breath long enough to get my nose out of the water. I did not have the trouble gaining the bank, but really did not appreciate being commanded to stop. I felt the lady turn in the saddle, then after a short amount of time she turned and gave me the signal to again start the trip back.

Coming to a rushing current of water, the elder lady gave a verbal command, "Nancy, kneel."

That was not a normal method of her giving me the order. Actually, there was a sound indicating the action that I had been taught. I however now had an understanding not to disobey, so had my equestrian legs perform as ordered. I felt some surprise upon hearing the lady thank me, then felt the ropes removed and the bundle lifted from my back. Now commanded to rise, I felt the saddle removed then tossed into the river. The bridle was then removed, and as it was tossed into the water the elder lady again gave me an order verbally.

"Go ahead, Nancy, and do what you can to remove the filth from your body. I am going to first worry about Ralph's wife, then I will work to make certain you are clean."

I was glad for a chance to remove the smell. While the current seemed to have some depth, its present swift movement had me not willing to move out far. I found a spot that appeared to be covered in grass before the rain swelled the amount of flowing water, and lied down to get fresh water instead of what smelled like sewage in my hair.

I stood upon hearing a familiar voice demand, "What are you doing?"

The elder lady replied, "Removing your clothes."

"Why?"

"Because they stink."

I was surprised to see Shirley. I again recognized the lack of response from my body in seeing her become completely naked. While the form of the mare did not react to what I fully recognized as an exposed human female, I still felt like reacting in hearing the displeased words of Shirley.

"Who are you?"

The elder lady answered, "Your mother-in-law?"

"MY MOTHER-IN-LAW?"

"Listen, I was taken just like this. It is how it must be. You will come to understand. As unpleasant as it is, we are not bringing you into a nightmare. Ralph is a good boy, and will make you a fine husband."

"I NEVER AGREED TO THIS!"

The elder began stripping off her own clothes while replying, "Of course not. If you agreed, you would not have the proper initial attitude to overcome the nightmares. You will understand, I assure you. This is a magnificent life."

Finding a bar of soap handed to her, Shirley moved to the water while asking, "Where's Ralph?"

"Away. You are going to have to see the home and face the nightmares on your own. Only if you can survive will he return. It really was not hard for me, but I like horses. There is something of beauty even in the nightmares. I cannot say what you will find that will enable you to find it in your heart to stay."

"What if I don't find it?"

"I don't know. The journals of those in the past speak of various things, but it all depends upon the lady. Ralph chose you, but now you have to choose him. He really is a good boy, and really should make you a fine husband. Also, working with the nightmares is a fantastic life."

I clearly saw the breasts of the lady jiggle and spray water as a hand came up to point at me while asking, "Is that a nightmare?"

The elder lady replied, "No, but Nancy is your protection. There must be a balance. If you are to be blessed, then another must be cursed. You will gain the distinction as the lady of a great estate, but that one will live her life as a horse."

The elder lady then moved to a bag to pull out some towels and garments. I found myself having to admit that the elder lady was not in bad shape. Her body did show the matronly signs of having gone through several childbirths, but unclothed it was not the body of a hag. Handing Shirley a towel, the elder lady softly gave some commands.

"What I brought are nothing more than robes to protect our modesty until we get to the house. You are going to have to ride Nancy with me until we get back to a road, then my oldest daughter will have a buggy for you."

"Ralph has a large family?"

"Rather large. Some are preparing to leave for their own lives, but I suspect you will have started a family of your own by the time they all leave."

Still having the tone of displeasure, Shirley declared, "I have not agreed to anything."

"Nancy hasn't either, but of two you have the better choice to make."
Back to top Go down
TerishD

TerishD

Male

PostSubject: Chapter Ten   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2020, 6:44 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Ten

Morgan:
A Choice to Make

I tried to move a little easier with the extra lady on my back, but the fast-flowing streams and some difficult sections of terrain left me with no choice but to take certain actions. Of course, I felt that I could not be blamed. I was just a horse being directed by my rider. While I tried to make the ride easy for those on my back, I truthfully simply performed as told.

The elder lady did not speak to me again, and from her comments to Shirley it was clear that she would not. Any reference to me was with a feminine gender, and by the time they came to the road even Shirley called me Nancy. I however found the disagreeable words from her to give me hope that I might be able to break from my life as a mare.

Shirley dismounted to look at the dark animal strapped to the buggy. Nothing was said, but the quiet demeanor with which she climbed into the vehicle had the elder lady make a cheerful sound. As she joined Shirley in the buggy, I saw Doris come to me.

"Oh, Nancy, you are going to be my horse. Shirley will need time to learn the house and the nightmares. I am going to spend time with you curling your mane and tail. I will have you looking good for that stallion Ralph bought."

The words did not please me, but I had no animosity toward Doris. She had not mistreated me. While the flowers in my mane and tail were not something I appreciated, I accepted them as things a lady would do. While my female equestrian body did not respond to the actions of the human woman, I felt some pleasure in having the good relationship with Doris.

She did set curlers in my mane and tail once we arrived back at the house. The activity had me brought within the dark stables. I accepted that the nightmares had never troubled me on previous occasions, and found them in nearby stalls to not bother me. Doris however did keep me from relaxing as she did things to my hair.

I was glad for the lack of a mirror the next morning as I moved about feeling my mane and tail catch the wind a little differently. I knew it was the curls. I however did not know what I could do about any decision the humans of the estate made concerning me. I further felt a lack of ever regaining my humanity as I saw a pair of centaurs pass through the gates of the estate.

After moving up to the door, the centaurs came near me. I however ignored them to watch as the elder lady moved around her home. I felt a reaction from my body seeing the stallion ridden by the lady. She had the animal stop at a position near me, then dismounted to approach.

"Okay, Nancy, you have done what I needed you to do. I thus must give you a choice of a suitable reward. The choice is yours: human, half-human, horse. If human, you may serve Shirley. The tail will stay on your form, but that is to assure the best for Shirley, believe me. If centaur, you can return with these gentlemen to their field and hopefully decide upon the way things will be about your life. If horse, well, no indecision there. There is your stallion, and Doris would love to call you her own."

I actually expected a more difficult choice. I immediately discounted the centaurs. There was nothing about their presence that enticed me. A concern for Shirley did cause me to consider taking the option to oversee her welfare. The comment about me keeping the tail however also indicated to me that I would keep the name Nancy. Working for a lady as a lady did not entice me at all. Being a mare did not meet my approval either, but a life of mostly standing around eating I felt would not be all bad. The presence of the stallion further presented the situation that the Army man had spoken of. I felt that the elder lady might have had me choose otherwise if she had just stated that remaining a mare would be the default option should I not make a quick decision, although with thought I felt she gave me the time hoping I would decide upon another choice.

"Are you certain?" the elder lady asked as I moved to the stallion. "I cannot believe that you want to live a life as a horse."

Since I could not speak, I did not say anything. I merely had my nose move against the neck of the stallion. The animal seemed to respond and I felt my own body reacting in a strange manner. A strong feeling of anticipation came over me as the stallion rubbed against me then circled before stopping at my rear. As I felt the male horse take a position on my back, I found myself having to tell myself a bit of advice.

'Honestly, this should not hurt.'

Suddenly, I was back in my room. Worried about a number of things, I found a need to check on I where I had been in this world would enable me to gain proof of the other world. I also could not help but be concerned for Shirley. Feeling a need to act quickly, I grabbed my school satchel, dumped out the school stuff, then put in what items I felt would be useful before rushing from my room.

This time Mary spoke of missing me. I told her that she would probably be missing me a while longer while I loaded the satchel with some food. Knowing where I hoped to be going, I only grabbed cans or things that were still sealed. Kissing my sister while telling her that I would miss her as well, I left the house.

I was glad the car had not been taken. Andy had his own vehicle, but would drive the spare so he would not have to buy gas. It was also normal for both parents to have separate places to go. Telling myself that they could get the car back by simply driving across the subdivision, I started the car.

Leaving the house I found myself wondering what I could do. My memories stated that the people who had transformed me did not carry weapons, although were physically capable of holding their own around large animals. I did not possess a firearm, and knew my father kept his locked up. Feeling that my objective should be to simply prove the truth of my claims to others, I drove away from the house hoping to find things as I remembered them.

I wanted to speed, but knew that it would do me no good. The traffic in the subdivision was enough to justify driving carefully. While I felt that time was running out, I actually drove at a normal speed feeling that it was possible my time had already run out.

There were police cars at Shirley's place. I was actually glad to see that others were aware of the lady being missing. Honestly, it made me feel good when I heard Mary speak of noticing that I had been missing. In slowly driving by Shirley's home I however could tell that the police were looking for evidence of her abduction in the wrong place.

I drove around to park in front of the Willett's home. It helped that Warrior was barking at the police in Shirley's yard, as it prevented me from being seen. I made it to where I could look into the Fenoli's yard before an officer saw me in the Willett's yard.

"Hey, Young Man, what are you doing here?"

I jumped the fence into the overgrown yard while answering, "Going after Shirley. I know where she went."

"Oh, and how's that?"

"Watch."

The nauseating smell of a sewer line brought me relief. Making out a pool of the filth had me decide if I really was going to see if I could pass into the other world. Seeing where my hoofed feet had fought to gain traction however gave me the evidence of being right. While I did not like the idea of swimming through sewage as a man anymore than I did as a horse, I dove down.

I did my best to estimate things as a man compared to what I sensed previously. While I was not as big as my equestrian self, I felt more control of moving through the mostly liquid environment. Touching a surface that I trusted to be the bottom, I went up and found myself pleased to see that I was on the other world as a man.

Wanting to get the foul substance off my body, I ran to where I remembered the river. It was no longer the torrent that it had been, so I considered simply rushing forward and diving in. Seeing a lady with reddish hair rise from washing something in the water however had me stop and prepare for trouble.

"Well, hello," she said before yelling, "TOUGH LINK!"

I heard the movement of a large man coming through the trees. Worried that I would have a fight, I looked around for the best direction to run. The large man that rushed forward however stopped at a safe distance and spoke an identification.

"Oh, Michechio, that is the young man Esmeralda picked as the balance."

I let it be known that I also recognized the person by saying, "And you're the Army?"

He chuckled while advancing with his hand out. "You can call me Tough Link. I believe you are Morgan Neblett."

I shook his hand while saying, "Morgan is fine." While I preferred baseball, events in another sport came to his mind. "Tough Link? Played football?"

The man lifted a hand to have the lady go to him while answering, "Yes, Chicago Bears. One of the bad things of my present job is that I don't get to watch the games."

I remembered hearing of the man restoring a number of children, so felt that he was the right man to have working with me even as I asked, "You work here?"

"Go take your bath. If you're hungry, I will have Michechio fix you something."

I was hungry, and considering that my last meal was grass I wanted some real food in my stomach, but I first asked what I felt was an important question. "You are going after Shirley?"

"Not really, but we can certainly check on her. I believe the Neyluborn estate is involved in some illegal activity, and it would not be good to have Shirley marry into trouble."

"The fact that they changed me into a horse is not considered an illegal activity?"

"Sorry, but no. The fact that they abducted Shirley is not a crime either. Magic forces some rather extreme behavior, and raising nightmares involves a lot of magic. As someone that works here, I have to accept some things. As you can attest, if you work with those acting properly, all can come out well."

I was not fully agreeable with the words, but felt that I presently had a larger concern. I thus ran and jumped into the water. I did what I could to remove the majority of filth, then removed my clothes to assure the good water found its way to where anything vile still hid. After a good rinse, I really did not appreciate hearing the man's voice even though he asked an appropriate question that dealt with my concern.

"Want some soap?"

As I came to shore and did what I could to on some good clothes while still being wet due to forgetting a towel, Tough Link began speaking of the present situation. "Listen, I cannot work against, but actually must support, the Neyluborn estate finding a proper spouse. They have their methods, and they have been proven to work. The problem is that the elder lady is one to try and expand her influence. I am actually surprised that she let you go, but magic does force certain behaviors. Anyway, it has come to Nezarraine's attention, he is the king around here, that other abductions are being made."

I felt a need to reply, "Yes, about letting me go, your comment helped. Honestly, I might have made the same choice, as my other options really were not preferable. The logic of why it was the right choice however does elude me."

"You had been all this time as a horse. I feel certain that Esmeralda had you understand that you were nothing but a horse. Accepting that option meant that you did not consider it a curse."

"Well, it was just preferable to being a woman or a centaur."

The lady laughed, then said, "I am sure that it still was not what you wanted. Shirley was to be blessed, and you were to be cursed. Whatever you did, you had the forces of the magic assume being returned to a life as a man was the curse."

Tough Link had also laughed, but tried to provide a better explanation as he said, "Oh, that is something to discuss over a few beers. Still, Morgan, you were choosing to live as a horse, a life that you had been forced to learn rather well, so the magic assumed that you did not want to be a man. Don't over think magic."

I thought back over those days when I had no choice but to live as an animal. I found it strange that the very days I had nothing to do but calmly stand around on four feet while planning on how to remove myself from a life as a mare, had the magic of my transformation feel that I was becoming accustomed to such an existence. Not really wanting to spend time thinking of those periods, I decided to move the conversation along.

"Okay, so your, our, present plan is to check over the estate?"

The man looked at me with an expression of challenging my statement, but I appreciated that his words were about what I wanted to talk about. "I hope, but I also do not expect Esmeralda to be pleased with our presence. She could be trouble. Just worried about what she might do let me ask if you were you shoed as a horse?"

I looked at the tips of my fingers to see them still calloused as I answered, "Yes."

Tough Link called for the lady to bring a kit, then looked at me to admit, "This could hurt."

Not wanting any connection to my life as a horse, I replied, "Don't worry about it. I assure you that it will feel good when you are finished."

Remembering the intensity of the sensations when the shoes were put on, I steeled myself to deal with some agony. The pain did feel similar, but it really was not that hard to deal with. I even found my words to Tough Link being true, as I found a strong sensation of relief as at the conclusion of dealing with each appendage a strange horseshoe fell to the ground.

When the fourth one dropped, Tough Link asked, "Do you want to keep them? Nightmare shoes are rather unique, so should be good curios."

Honestly, I did not want to touch them, although I did want some mementoes to assure myself that all this was not a dream. "Any way that their magic could still affect me?"

"None at all."

"Okay, I'll take them." Storing them in the satchel, which I had also washed due to it having traveled through the sewage, I had a terrible thought. "Are there other ways that the old lady could change me back?"

"Oh, in this land anything is possible. I could tell you a number of stories. Still, there are rules. Stay alert and focused, and you should find yourself avoiding most troubles."
Back to top Go down
TerishD

TerishD

Male

PostSubject: Chapter Eleven   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2020, 6:35 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Eleven

Shirley:
Problems with Decisions

Shirley got out the buggy just having to look again at the creature that had pulled the vehicle. It did look like a black horse and had powered the vehicle as a horse. Instead of having clear lines, at every angle the form of the animal became misty. The impression was of a foul entity, but Shirley looked again and felt that there was a magnificence in the creature.

Turning to the large dark mansion, she felt herself someplace she would not like, so turned to the elder lady to ask, "You expect me to live here?"

"Oh, it's not so bad. While we are over here on the rocky west coast, the nightmares can actually get you around rather quickly."

After looking again at the animal, Shirley turned back to study the surrounding architecture before asking, "How old is this place?"

"Oh, very old. Faeries took care of the nightmares originally, but eventually this family gained the job. Some say that the early men married faeries to gain the power to work with the nightmares. I cannot say if that is true, but there is magic in this family, house, and of course the horses."

"Faeries?"

"Oh, Darling, you cannot imagine the wonders you will see. Ignoring the pleasures that my son might offer, just having a life here is a blessing in itself."

Shirley wanted to disagree with a number of things the elder lady said. The young lady however had to admit that the woman was not acting as an abductor. Honestly, the words from her did seem to be those of a future mother-in-law wanting to have the new bride feel comfortable. Preferring to have a good relationship with her husband's family, and allowing that it might include Ralph as her husband, Shirley decided to see all the things she could.

"Well, can I have a tour?"

While the outside of the mansion seemed bleak with the buildings and surrounding mountains of a dark stone, Shirley could not help but state her pleasure in seeing the elegance inside the estate. Realizing that she would be allowed to sit on the furniture, handle the items, and effectively claim possession of everything amazed her. Many times she found herself having to imagine her future as the wife of Ralph. Looking out the windows she however could see the dismal views, and that dampened her impression of the estate.

The number of children also bothered her. While Shirley was not against having babies, she wanted more from her life than just being a mother. While the elder lady spoke of activities that had nothing to do with children, their number had Shirley accept that a life here would force her to become less involved with the things she would prefer doing.

At the end of the tour, she asked, "When do I have to make a decision?"

The elder lady replied, "You have time. There is more to show you, but we both need to change out of these robes into something more proper. It took me a few days to see the potential in this place. I cannot say how long it will take you, but I want you to know that I will be glad to speak to you. In the end you and I will have a lot to share, and the time will be good for both of us."

Shirley could not help but be amazed at the quality of the dress set out for her. She however spent time just admiring the things in the room. While it had what she considered modern conveniences, there was an age in the ceramic and stone pieces that had her understand that a life here would not be as it was back home. While the dress fit, Shirley could not help but feel that she needed a better hairstyle to truly do justice to the fashion of the clothes and the house.

While there was some entertainment in hearing stories of Ralph's childhood, Shirley was glad for the interruption of Doris talking as she came into the room. "Oh, Nancy is such a fine horse. I just put a number of curlers into her hair. She should be so lovely the next time I take her to a social."

"Now, Doris," the elder lady said, "I doubt that we will have Nancy for long. She served me well, The place is really not proper for a normal horse, so I am going to have to make some new plans for her."

"I thought you were going to mate her with that stallion?"

"No, I doubt that will happen. I suspect the centaurs will be taking it back. There is a proper finish to the events, and I hope to be sharing those memories tomorrow. Still, until then, you may do with Nancy as you desire, Doris."

Shirley made a comment, "Nancy is a strange name for a horse." She however then found a topic that she considered to have more value. "Do you name the nightmares?"

The face of the elder lady brightened upon hearing that question. Doris also sat down with a desire to speak of the special horses. The conversation ended in being taken for a tour of the stables. While the place was dark, Shirley found herself able to clearly see the things around her. The animals appeared more substantial in the lack of light. It amazed her to see the tiny flying creatures, actual faeries, doing things about the nightmares. While Doris excused herself after a time, the elder lady had a wonderful smile on her face when Shirley began asking questions about the animals.

That evening Shirley noticed the missing presence at one end of the table. All the children gathered to eat did help to make the room feel full, but she did not want to speak to the youths. Before taking a bite, she asked the elder lady, who she now freely called Esmeralda, about the empty chair.

"Ralph has no choice in this matter, my dear. If you accept this life, you accept him. If you refuse him, you refuse this life. That is why we have this tradition. The new addition to the family heritage has the liberty to determine her place. I will assure you that Ralph is not doing anything to spoil his reputation. It takes a deep level of commitment to work with the nightmares, and that helps keep the men of the family in line. It puts demands upon us ladies as well, but nothing that time with a man might demand of us anyway."

Shirley found herself losing her anger at being abducted. The history of the estate and its special occupation she could accept forced a number of strange traditions. There were things that she found herself missing of her old life, and she was not certain that she wanted to go into the future without them. She however ended the day without any bad feelings to those that brought her here.

Finding herself to awake without experiencing any dreams, Shirley asked some more questions about the nightmares of Esmeralda. As with the day before, she seemed very pleased to speak of the animals. In the middle of one question, the butler informed the elder lady of the coming of centaurs. Shirley was politely told to wait, and while she wanted to see a centaur she demurely waited understanding that Esmeralda had business to handle.

Coming back inside, Shirley heard the voice of the elder lady speak to another. "Doris, it seems that Nancy surprised us both. Let me say that I am as sorrowful as you not to have Nancy continuing to stay with us."

"Well, if I may, I would like to ask for a horse like her for my birthday."

"I most definitely cannot promise that. Still, things are in motion to keep our family strong. Who knows what might become available?"

Seeing Esmeralda come back into the room, Shirley listened as the elder said, "If you do decide to take on this life, I will see about gaining a proper handmaid for you."

Shirley found herself surprised by the topic, and had to ask, "A servant?"

"There is work for us to do, and yet as ladies there are ways for us to appear. A servant is very important to have us manage both parts of our lives. Would you care to work with me?"

Shirley did have more questions about the special animals, and felt that being in their presence would be the proper setting for getting answers. As before, Esmeralda displayed joy in speaking of the nightmares. Shirley found her lessons in school to have little practical use working with the animals. The daily routine of having hours of needing to stay mostly quiet while focusing on assignments however served her well, and seeing Esmeralda performing the tasks with her while answering questions helped the time pass in a pleasant fashion.

During a break, Shirley had to ask, "How much of this does Ralph have to do?"

"Oh, all of it. We however need to be able to support him, as the work with the nightmares can get stressful at times. Still, what we do he has no manner to duplicate. I thoroughly enjoy these animals, so spent as much of my life as possible working here with my husband. It shows in my children, as all of them can handle the nightmares. Doris is not the only one that would rather have a normal animal, but they all are comfortable in having a nightmare as a steed."

Thinking about the number of young lad and lasses in the house, Shirley had to ask, "What about those who are not yours?"

"It is best if you do not worry about them. As with Nancy, I have found myself engaged in a number of side projects. While Nancy did not end up in the manner I considered proper, she was a wonderful animal for the job that required her. One can never know when working with magic, but there are rules and I am hoping to learn a few more."

Worried about how children might be used by an estate that worked with nightmares, Shirley had to ask, "The children are a result of magic?"

"You have a lot to learn, Shirley. Focus on accepting, or not accepting, your life here. Once you have the grace of fully being a part of this estate, more of its secrets should be revealed to you."

Shirley could not find fault with those words. Looking around the dark interior of the stables had her accept that she had already come to understand that there was a vast amount of things she had previously not even considered potentially possible. While the thought of the children having improper things done to them troubled her, she had to admit that they had not shown any mistreatment or spoken any complaints about having to live here. Shirley thus could not find any fault with whatever reason the youths were in the house, and set herself back to work with the nightmares more than glad to work with the exotic animals.
Back to top Go down
TerishD

TerishD

Male

PostSubject: Chapter Twelve   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Twelve

Shirley:
Family Secrets

Shirley found herself enjoying a social with the ladies of the family. Beside Esmeralda and Doris there was Judy and Rita. There was also a young lad, Brian, but he preferred doing other things than politely chatting with girls. Seeing their brother leave, both of the lasses spoke of being glad to have other children in the house. Shirley could understand how the mansion could get lonely, although listened to tales from all the ladies about having the nightmares take them to numerous places in order to break their boredom.

The conversations did let Shirley know that she was no longer on the world she knew. They did not speak the names of any city in America, Europe, or any other country that she knew about. The politics was also completely different. Shirley listened actually glad to not to have the issues regularly reported on the news, although also came to understand that this world did have problems of its own.

Considering the topic, she felt alarm with the others when the butler came to announce, "Lady Esmeralda, Tough Link has arrived asking for your graciousness. He is joined with his wife and a Deputy Neblett."

The elder lady softly exclaimed, "Deputy Neblett?"

Shirley recognized the name, but had no idea what he would be doing here. The name of Tough Link also rang a bell with her, although she could not immediately place where she heard it previously. Having his wife however she hoped would bring a new interesting set of ideas to the discussion.

Hearing the two younger daughters commanded by their mother to see that the children were secure in the basement troubled Shirley. Doris taking the initiative to excuse herself also sent out an uneasy feeling. Hearing the elder lady ask her a question caused Shirley to wonder about things with the family.

"How well do you know Deputy Neblett?"

Shirley answered, "I'm not certain he is the one I know. I just went to school with a Morgan Neblett."

"Oh, this is most bizarre." The elder lady appeared perplexed for a moment, then said, "I ask that you stay here. No, come on. It is probably for the best."

Shirley accepted the invitation, so rose to walk with Esmeralda. No conversation occurred during the time it took to move to a front parlor. Feeling that the elder lady had her mind preparing various speeches, Shirley found herself curious about how this family treated guests.

One man was very tall, well over six feet. The other was about her size, although obviously had not reached maturity. It however surprised Shirley to recognize the young man. With them was a lovely lady with reddish-brown hair. Morgan was not in any uniform, but neither did the large man show any special garment, so Shirley could not deny the title of deputy to the young man. All were in good clothes, which indicated to Shirley that all three knew the quality of the home they were visiting. The tall man stepped up to fill the doorway as if expecting trouble.

Esmeralda approached and curtsied, to which the men bowed and the lady dipped, before saying, "Tough Link, I don't believe that I have met your lovely wife. I am also surprised to see you with Deputy Neblett. Is there any trouble?"

The large man replied, "If there was, Esmeralda, you would have been visited by a Knight of the Round Table. I am not going to say that I am not here without a reason, but we both know the range of rumors that can spread about this land. Anyway, before business let me introduce my wife, Michechio. She is a most amazing creature to have blessed my life."

Shirley saw the eyes of the man lock on her as he said that last line. Esmeralda was looking at Deputy Neblett who simply scanned the area. She seemed surprise to see that it was the large man who focused on the new lady of the house, although quickly recovered to make the introduction.

"Yes, Tough Link, this is Shirley. Hopefully the last name is unimportant."

Shirley dipped, then approached to shake the man's hand as she said, "My last name is Schaulder, although there is a hope that it will change to one more local."

The large man replied, "Nice to meet you, Shirley. Any problems with that name change?"

"At present the resistance is not as great as I thought it would be. Should I think otherwise?"

"Ah, well, probably not. This house has its personality, and I suspect that is all my visit reflects. Esmeralda has always been an interesting lady. If you do manage the name change, that is a reputation it probably would not hurt you to continue."

The elder lady said, "Why, thank you, Tough Link. Shirley, Tough Link is the private investigator for our wonderful land. He works for the king."

The large man smiled as he added, "And this estate is non-Seelie. Still, a concern for part of this land can affect us all."

Having just been part of a conversation that included politics, Shirley could understand what was said, although before she could speak Esmeralda asked a question. "Any way that I can help you, Tough Link?"

"Yes, please, it is getting late in the day. If you do not mind, it would be nice to gain some hospitality."

"Well, of course. Since Ralph is absent in this period, it would be nice having men at the table. Would you desire to freshen up first?"

It was Michechio that answered, "As you should be able to tell, I had the men stop at one of the lovely rivers you have in this land before coming here. We should not be any trouble joining any social."

"Oh, well, there is not much. Shirley was nice enough to work with me through the day, and we were just relaxing." Esmeralda began escorting the group back into the house while saying, "It must be admitted that neither of us were speaking of illicit activities."

Shirley felt a need to support that statement. "Ralph assured me on one of our dates that his family was not associated with any mafia or illegal goods."

Tough Link replied, "Knowing Esmeralda, Ralph was probably very honest when he said that."

The expression on the elder's face momentarily became a glare, but the large man never broke his smile. Michechio spun from her husband, then moved to a couch. Shirley had enough skills with social occasions to step in and help direct people to the seats. Esmeralda had the butler gain some refreshments and instructions to inform the cook of a change in the seating arrangement at the table. Shirley understood that subtle messages were being exchanged, but at the moment felt it best if she just continued to smile.

Taking a seat, Esmeralda asked, "Deputy Neblett, how did you end up traveling with Tough Link?"

The young man said, "Ah, I have actually just started working with him. I was worried about something, and he provided some advice. Meeting him after coming through a most nasty situation was a pleasure, and he accepted my company learning that we both had a similar problem."

Shirley had to ask, "Morgan, do you know Esmeralda?"

"Yes, I do. She however had a misconception about me, so I am glad to have this opportunity to correct her."

Politely, the elder lady asked, "And what is that?"

"You thought I knew how to speak horse."

"It seems that things did work out for the best."

"Working out for the best, I hope it is."

Shirley did not understand a lot of the exchanges that passed between the three guests and the hostess. At no time however did any cruel or angry words get said. They all cheerfully allowed the conversations to digress into simple topics for the younger ladies. Shirley found herself learning more of this strange land. A lot of statements had her wanting to express disbelief, but considering some of the things she had seen there was a strong feeling to simply stay silent. The three guests and Esmeralda however did not follow such wisdom, but were quick to fill any silence with strange statements reflecting private knowledge that others could not fully understand.

Considering that the guests stayed the night, Shirley found it amazing that no incident occurred. From the amount of carefully chosen words, she really expected trouble to disturb the peace of the household. All three guests however left the next morning sounding honest about their pleasant stay.

As soon as the door closed, Shirley however turned to face the elder lady and demand, "Is this house involved with any illegal activity?"

"No." Shirley kept her focus on the lady, and finally Esmeralda said, "Come with me."

Seeing the route to be the one that would lead to the stables, Shirley accepted that the words from the elder lady were not intended to be heard by anyone not in charge, or potentially in charge, of the estate. "We are a very ancient family. The nightmares provide a very stable financial situation. I however feel that there is a way to expand our business. What I am doing might be improper, but it is not illegal. At least, at its core. Like the abduction of you, and what I did to Deputy Neblett, an act itself might seem very criminal. I however have every desire to make you a part of my family. Deputy Neblett actually aided in that, and did not show up here accusing me of any wrong. Most of his comments were actually interesting and humorous. My purpose for the children should also not be damning once everything comes out into the open."

Shirley did not like hearing that last part, but before she could comment the elder lady made some statements of her own. "You have seen the children. They are not being hurt or ostracized. They are allowed to play, usually fed at my table, and are in good health."

"Are they going to stay that way?"

Esmeralda counted on her fingers as she replied, "Allowed to play, fed, and in good health, I fully hope so. You however are not asking the right questions or making the right associations. This family you are joining is going to force things of you that no one else can probably comprehend. That is why we have to abduct our spouses, because there is this time of adjustment that just will not occur properly if we do it in another way. You are not ready to make a decision yet, Shirley. Trust me on that one, you are not yet ready."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 2 (7-12) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Page 1 of 1