Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Empty33%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Empty67%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Scribbles Hotspot!

Go down 
+16
soujiroseta
Leaka
Urs
Bick
Khaleaya
Chrome
alexandra
whitehart
AliceInWonderland
Spyqueen
TerishD
JuJu
Snacker
Saphira
HYdraMStar
Kellycakes
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Bick

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 ScribbleSuperr
Bick

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2008, 11:30 am

10) What are three things that you love about yourself and three things you'd like to change about yourself?
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2008, 1:19 pm

Urs wrote:
9: if you could be given info about one event in your future that would be 100% correct. What event would you want to know about?
My death, when I was going to die.

[quote=bick]10) What are three things that you love about yourself and three things you'd like to change about yourself?[/quote]
Three things I love about myself, I know who I am, I know what I want in life, and I set many goals.

Three things I could change about myself I tend to be hard on myself, I look to the negative, and I'm over protective over my writing.

I want Teele to be in the Hotspot next
Back to top Go down
Teele

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Scribbler-1
Teele

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2008, 10:03 pm

Many thanks, Leaka! -bows-
Bring 'em on. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.theclaybox.ca
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2008, 10:06 pm

1.) Have you ever had a terribly dark day?
Back to top Go down
Teele

Teele

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2008, 10:22 pm

Quote :
1.) Have you ever had a terribly dark day?

Hm. No one day comes to mind. I've had a few that I'd consider 'bad' days, but a dark day for me would seem to connote the death of someone close, or perhaps the utter crumbling of my life.

But, I kinda had a dark day a few weeks ago when a relationship of mine died horribly. That wasn't very bright at all. But, even when I have such dark days, I try not to dwell on them, and I try to move on.
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2008, 2:46 am

2 - fashion - do you follow it?
Back to top Go down
http://alexandrariera.spaces.live.com/
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2008, 8:17 am

3. What inspires you to write? And what stands in your way?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Teele

Teele

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2008, 9:41 am

Quote :
2 - fashion - do you follow it?
Nooo. Nope, fashion is most certainly not my thing. I nearly always dress casually; jeans or cargo pants and a T-shirt of some kind, along with my leather jacket. That being said, I'm not a slob. My jeans are free of holes and my shirts are clean Wink. On rare occasions, I'll put on suit and tie.

Quote :
3. What inspires you to write? And what stands in your way?
My inspiration to write comes from a desire to create. More than anything, I think, I enjoy seeing something I've had in my mind come to life in words. That being said, most of my writing inspiration comes from within, but there are definitely things that influence me and give me ideas.

Life in general stands in the way. Smile The various priorities and other things I enjoy doing distract me from writing as thoroughly or as often as I'd like.
Back to top Go down
Urs

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2008, 4:42 pm

4: if you were given the chance to ask one question and would receive a 100% truthful and exact answer about your future, what would you ask? (Lotty Numbers are NOT your future)
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Teele

Teele

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2008, 5:39 pm

Quote :
4: if you were given the chance to ask one question and would receive a 100% truthful and exact answer about your future, what would you ask?

Oooooh. Tough one. The first thing that came to my head was "What will my life mate be like?" Most of the other stuff about the future I don't find extremely important. I have a fair idea of what I'll be doing, and what will be happening, so yeah. The girl I'll end up spending the rest of my life with is the primary mystery of my future. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2008, 5:42 pm

5. Okay, you are no longer a real person, sorry that sucks for you, but you are rather the main character in some bright young author's latest novel. What genre would your story be in? And what would the opening paragraph be?
Back to top Go down
Teele

Teele

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2008, 8:05 pm

Quote :
5. Okay, you are no longer a real person, sorry that sucks for you, but you are rather the main character in some bright young author's latest novel. What genre would your story be in? And what would the opening paragraph be?

Hm. Well, there are two possible interpretations, but I'll stick with the one I like better. Wink The story's genre would be fantasy, my given name would be Teele, and the opening paragraph would go something like this:

The library's corridors were dark with another night. Its long halls were held in a serene silence, void of any human lives...except one. He sat hunched at a wooden table, on which a pair of glowing candles stood. The warm, orange light illuminated the books and parchments arranged meticulously on the table's surface. The man sitting at it held a quill, and was writing furiously on a parchment. He was absorbed completely in his art, letting his consciousness flow into it. This was to be his world; his whole life.

Or something along those lines. Smile
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2008, 8:16 pm

6.) If you could be any candy in the world, what would it be? And why?
Back to top Go down
Teele

Teele

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2008, 11:24 am

Quote :
6.) If you could be any candy in the world, what would it be? And why?

Hm. I'd probably end up a candy-cane. It's simple on the outside, but inside it is fresh and nice. That's as far as I'm gonna take this question philosophically. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2008, 3:04 pm

7. Who most inspires you? Who most inspires against you?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Urs

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2008, 6:00 pm

8: Given the choice between being rich (and unknown) or bing famous (and living paycheck to paycheck) which would you pick?

Note:

If you pick rich, you can not use your wealth to become famous, nor can you buy your way to becoming well known.

If you pick famous, you can not use your fame to gain wealth.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Teele

Teele

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2008, 10:09 am

Quote :
7. Who most inspires you? Who most inspires against you?

Hm. Different people inspire me in different ways. My two biggest writing inspirations are JRR Tolkien (with his epic massive world), and my friend Jenny (because I've known her for five years and seen her writing develop extraordinarily). In music, I'm inspired by my dad (who's an awesome guitarist), and David Gilmour of Pink Floyd (who is another awesome guitarist), as well as various other artists, past and present. Personally, I'm generally inspired by anyone who wants to improve themselves and get better at the things they do. Someone with a good attitude always inspires me.

I don't know many people who inspire against me, and the few who do I won't name out loud. But I'm inspired against by people who are arrogant, who won't listen, who are immature, and who have no desire to be improve themselves. I'm also inspired against by people who don't care about anything beyond the surface, material things in life.

Quote :
8: Given the choice between being rich (and unknown) or bing famous (and living paycheck to paycheck) which would you pick?

Hm. Another tough one. Really, I could go either way and probably be content. I think my preference, though, would be to be famous. It's been shown time and again that money doesn't really satisfy people unless they've learned contentment in the first place. To be loved by people for something I've created would, I think, be worth more than money.

But again, I could go either way. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2008, 4:50 pm

9. Fun question time, what color represents you and why?
Back to top Go down
Teele

Teele

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2008, 6:31 pm

Quote :
9. Fun question time, what color represents you and why?

Yay!! Blue. But all shades of blue, and not for the traditional reason of sadness. Blue to me speaks of peace, stillness, depth, and clarity, all virtues I desire and try to hold to (unsuccessfully at times). Of course, blue can be a fun color, too, and there's an element of that in me. I also love to play the blues! So blue would be my color.
Back to top Go down
Chrome

Chrome

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2008, 4:04 am

10. Do you believe what's cool in the media is cool in reality?
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2008, 12:47 pm

Chrome wrote:

Nope. I decided what I think is cool on my own.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2008, 4:55 am

Umm, ok what is going on here? If its Teele's turn to answer questions then why is Shadow Dragon answering them? Do you have two accounts opened? Its not a problem we just need to know.

Oh and after the 10th question you need to elect someone to the Hotspot.
Back to top Go down
Bick

Bick

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2008, 8:06 am

Teele is out for the weekend and I'm not sure he's back yet and I think Shadow was confused on how the Hot Spot was used =P
Back to top Go down
Teele

Teele

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2008, 3:49 pm

Okay, I'm back now! And no, Shadow's his own person...unless I'm schizo and don't know it. :P

Quote :

For the most part, no. The media thinks guns are cool, and I think so, too. But I definitely don't think that murder, flippant sex, and materialism are cool; and those are some of the main things the media promotes. That being said, the media can promote a lot of good things that I agree with, but generally speaking, the lesser virtues are the ones that come out more prominently.

I'll nominate SD to hit the hotspot next!
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2008, 6:51 pm

Okay, first question for Shadow Dragon.

1. What aspect (political, zoological, whatever) of the fantasy worlds you create with your writing do you most wish was part of our world?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scribbles Hotspot!
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next