Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Empty33%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Empty67%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Scribbles Hotspot!

Go down 
+16
soujiroseta
Leaka
Urs
Bick
Khaleaya
Chrome
alexandra
whitehart
AliceInWonderland
Spyqueen
TerishD
JuJu
Snacker
Saphira
HYdraMStar
Kellycakes
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Kellycakes

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2008, 2:32 pm

Ok, its been over a week since a question has been asked and we've received no answer. Bick if you sign in and don't have time to answer the questions can you please elect someone else and we'll come back to you when you are more active on the boards. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2008, 2:08 am

Since Bick hasn't had the time to browse the boards I'm going to elect the next victim until her return.

Let's go with: John. (I will message John, please let the questions flow.)
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2008, 2:09 am

1. When in life did you know you wanted to be a writer? Why was writing your choice of profession?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2008, 4:04 am

I know its winter in some parts and a busy time for most but the forums have stalled and we do not want that this pace continues.

First off, if anyone has knowledge of Bick's whereabouts that would be very helpful. I remember her mentioning that she would be taking a short break from the internet but it seems she's dropped off the face of the earth. We just would like to know if she ok?

Second, I sent a message to John who seem to not want to be involved in the Hot Spot or whatever. I didn't receive a reply back. So we are going to have to go for another member, maybe one who has already been in the Hot Spot and would like to go a second time around. We know its still early in the game but hey we have to do what we have to do. If you volunteer, reply please.

Let's get the Hot Spot restarted please.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Caring10

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2008, 4:12 am

I've heard Bick saying that too, but it's like she disappeared. Like the earth would have eaten her. I miss her and hope that she is doing okay.

Btw, I'm volunteering to be on the Hot Spot again. Let the questions begin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2008, 3:43 pm

1. What was your first experience with death? How old were you? How did your parents, or other adults, explain it to you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2008, 6:45 pm

2. Do you have any regrets from this past year? If so, what are they and why are they regrets?
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2008, 6:47 pm

HYdraMStar wrote:
1. What was your first experience with death? How old were you? How did your parents, or other adults, explain it to you?

My first experience with the death was when I was 13 years old. I actually didn't really get an explanation. My brothers and sisters, my dad and myself were on the way to my dads house. Suddenly my dad stops at a kiosk, gets out the car and comes back with a newspaper in his hand. I found this sort of strange, because my dad never was the person to read newspapers. He turned the pages and handed the paper to me. I was looking at an obituary. It took me a while to figure out that my aunt died in a car accident. I was shocked and didn't know what to say. My sister grabbed the paper, and after she read it she started to cry. I was just shocked, and not one tear left my eyes. It was my brothers godmother, but he was too young to understand. When we arrived at my dads, he showed me the accident report in the newspaper. Reading how everything happened, reading that my aunt didn't have a change to survive and that she died right where the accident happened was horrible for me, and at night I was finally able to give my tears a go.

I'll never be fully able to explain how I felt when I saw her 'killer' in a restaurant a while later. He was drunk when the accident happened and persuaded my aunt to go with him for a ride. I was so extremely angry when I saw him over there on the other table, laughing and enjoying his life. I know now that I can't fully blame him, but then it was everything I could think of.

Last edited by Snacker on December 14th 2008, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2008, 6:53 pm

Kellycakes wrote:
2. Do you have any regrets from this past year? If so, what are they and why are they regrets?

I don't have any regrets at all. I think that you should leave the past behind you and that you should always look forward. But when I look back, I see that whatever happened, couldn't have happened better. I am happy with everything around me, happy to be where I'm standing now and I'm looking forward to whatever the future is bringing me.
Back to top Go down
JuJu

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Th_alo10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2008, 7:16 pm

3) Where would you like to visit?Why?
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2008, 7:25 pm

JuJu wrote:
3) Where would you like to visit?Why?

I'd like to visit Australia. Not a certain city but the entire landscape. I'd like to see those big red rocks and maybe spend some time with the nowadays Australian Aborigines living out there.

My uncle went there a few years ago and he said it is beautiful. He showed me some pictures and even movies he did with his camcorder and it looked amazing. I always wanted to visit Australia, but since he showed me that certain place I knew this is where I wanted to go.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2008, 6:39 pm

4. How do you think your life would have been different if you had been born a female instead of a male?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2008, 1:52 am

HYdraMStar wrote:
4. How do you think your life would have been different if you had been born a female instead of a male?

I'm sure my life would be a lot different. My mom always wanted to have a girl as her first born, so I'd probably be closer to her. She would have believed me when. whatever happened 8 years ago, happened.

I know that I'd be close to my dad as well, because he is a person I can always count on and who always helps if he can, doesn't matter if for his son or daughter.

Since I have a good relationship with my brothers and sisters now, I'm sure I'd have that as a girl as well.

So long story short; It would probably be different in many aspects of life!
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2008, 10:58 am

5. If there was one thing your could begin again, such as a day in your life, or college or the day you wrote your first story, what would that day be and why?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2008, 10:41 pm

6: Given the chance to become anything you wanted with out needing to really work at it (like race car driver, president, anything) What would want and why?
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2008, 3:49 am

Kellycakes wrote:
5. If there was one thing your could begin again, such as a day in your life, or college or the day you wrote your first story, what would that day be and why?

I think that would be the day I chose to work in an office. Since I want to open a restaurant, I can use all the business stuff I learned in college, and I also enjoyed working in an office, but I think I'd have been better off with a job I could have built things with my hands. I really enjoyed working with my dad on a construction site, installing heater and cutting all the tubes, making the way from the radiator to the central heater etc.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2008, 3:52 am

Urs wrote:
6: Given the chance to become anything you wanted with out needing to really work at it (like race car driver, president, anything) What would want and why?

I think that'll be an actor without all the paparazzi. Laughing I'd like to play in a horror movie or a comedy, just to see how exactly it works and how it would be to actually see you on a big screen afterwards. I imagine that as pretty cool. I wouldn't want to have all the paparazzi though. Not having a private life, always followed by those guys. Nah, that wouldn't be for me!
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2009, 4:25 pm

C'mon C'mon people. I'm still waiting for 4 more questions before I can select another person to the Hotspot.
Back to top Go down
Urs

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2009, 7:11 pm

Ok question 7:

You have an envelope in your hand, with a lot of money in it like hundreds of thousands of dollars, and all you have to do to keep the massive amount of money is to keep up a and help perpetuate a lie that will hurt a bunch of people you most likely will never meet. (like for example, do an ad campaign for a product you know causes cancer)

Do you take the money?
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2009, 3:40 am

Urs wrote:
Ok question 7:

You have an envelope in your hand, with a lot of money in it like hundreds of thousands of dollars, and all you have to do to keep the massive amount of money is to keep up a and help perpetuate a lie that will hurt a bunch of people you most likely will never meet. (like for example, do an ad campaign for a product you know causes cancer)

Do you take the money?

No I wouldn't take the money. Money isn't worth hurting people and in my opinion, money can't make you happy!
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2009, 12:49 am

8. Okay, you wouldn't take the money, but if you had some money, and by that, I mean enough to live well on, and had to pick a charity to give to, what cause would you make your donation to if any?
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2009, 1:11 am

Kellycakes wrote:
8. Okay, you wouldn't take the money, but if you had some money, and by that, I mean enough to live well on, and had to pick a charity to give to, what cause would you make your donation to if any?

I would donate to a children's hospital. It is hard for me to see when a child is hurt, when it has a disease or illness which can't be, is hard to or takes long to cure. Some places don't even fully take care of it because the family don't have enough money. This is just terrible, because we are talking about a human being, a child, somebody who hasn't even lived his life yet, for God's sake. We can't change that we live in a rich and poor society, but shouldn't we all be treated the same when it comes to life or death? Since we are live the way we live, it will never happen that we all get the same treatment, and this is the reason why I would donate to a children's hospital!
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2009, 1:19 am

Very good answer! I have another one.

9. Who do you see in the Superbowl and if so would you be willing to put money on the game? (This is not encouraging people to gamble. It's just a question.)
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2009, 1:24 am

Kellycakes wrote:
Very good answer! I have another one.

9. Who do you see in the Superbowl and if so would you be willing to put money on the game? (This is not encouraging people to gamble. It's just a question.)

I see the Pittsburgh Steelers against Tennessee Titans in the Superbowl. They've had a great season so far and I'm sure that they'll come a long way. It'd be an awesome game if we had the two of them in the Superbowl. Both teams are great and that would be a game we haven't seen in a long time!
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2009, 1:30 am

You didn't answer the if you'd put some money on the game. Is that a 'No'? I also see the Steelers making it but I think the Cardinals might forced their way to the top. Titans had a great season, no doubt about it, but that doesn't necessarily make them champions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scribbles Hotspot!
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next