Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Empty33%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Empty67%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Scribbles Hotspot!

Go down 
+16
soujiroseta
Leaka
Urs
Bick
Khaleaya
Chrome
alexandra
whitehart
AliceInWonderland
Spyqueen
TerishD
JuJu
Snacker
Saphira
HYdraMStar
Kellycakes
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
AliceInWonderland

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Scribbler-1
AliceInWonderland

Female
Number of posts : 44
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2008, 1:48 pm

3. Do you write the traditional way (pen and paper) or do you do it with the computer?

I can't help myself, but I need a pen in my hand, I am more creative then. I've tried writing on the computer but I somehow miss, that you cannot just give it an individual touch like you can do it by handwriting.
I've written some longer stories on the computer though, because it were a lot of pages and it's done faster on the computer.

4. What do you do if you get an idea and you're nowhere near a pen or computer?

I'm repeating it again and again in my head and hurry up to get something to write Smile.

5. What is the best and the worst moment you can recall so far in your life?

That's difficult... I think the worst moment was when my parrot Charly died a year ago. He was just seven years old. One day, I saw a lot of blood on the bottom of his cage, so I went to the vet with him. I left him there the night and there he died. It was cancer. He was so faithful and almost like a human being- we had a very close relationship and spent a lot of time together.
I've not met an animal being so special after him. He was perfect and I am still very sad and would do anything to bring him back
The best moment in my life... when I first met my boyfriend. You know, all the butterflies, new feelings, you can do nothing but smile. Since we've been together I feel wonderful in my own skin. Besides, he has become my best friend. Sometimes I think I am just dreaming. flower
Back to top Go down
JuJu

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Th_alo10

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2008, 5:01 pm

6. Who do you admire most in you life and why?
Back to top Go down
Chrome

Chrome

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2008, 4:09 am

Err...can I ask too? Embarassed

7. What is the most cliched part about romance you can't avoid adding in your story?
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2008, 4:22 am

Of course you can Chrome. Go ahead and ask whatever you want. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
AliceInWonderland

AliceInWonderland

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2008, 10:25 am

6. Who do you admire most in your life and why?
- My dad, because he is a self-confident and relaxed person. If there is any trouble, he always stays calm and always had a very fair way to educate me.
He taught me what is really important in life, like that money isn't something which can really make you happy.

7. What is the most cliched part of romance you can't avoid adding in your story?
- Hm.. writing about love, I try not to use the words "I love you", because being used wrong, they loose their importance. Writing a love letter, I always try to express what exactly love means for me... but nevertheless, I still use it :-)
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Th_wel10

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2008, 10:36 am

8. What are your favorite pieces you've written so far?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2008, 4:37 pm

9. Why the screen name, AliceInWonderland? How do you see yourself or your life reflected in that story?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
alexandra

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 ScribbleSuperr
alexandra

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 2:41 am

10 - are you dependant on anything like a phone, computer, sweets?
Back to top Go down
http://alexandrariera.spaces.live.com/
AliceInWonderland

AliceInWonderland

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 4:14 pm

8. What are your favorite pieces you have written so far?

I once created a book for my boyfriend with some personal writing stuff about us and him. Some poems, stories, entries... various things, but I was really satisfied.

9. Why the screen name AliceInWonderland? How do you see yourself of your life reflected in that story

First of all, I have not read the book or watched the film so I am not so in that story. But I always see the world as a great miracle. The beauty of nature, things we cannot quite understand... it is difficult to describe.
Furthermore, the world as a wonderland for me, because I get so many ideas for my writing and painting from all the wonderful pieces in it. To me it is just really inspiring.

10. Are you dependent on anything like a phone, computer, sweets?

Not actually depending but everytime I see a cat or another pet I just have to touch it and I often show how I admire it.

It was fun to answer all your questions, so I'll have to choose the next victim now and.... It'll be

alexandra
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 4:42 pm

yes.. the world is a wonderful place!

Ready for action cheers
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 4:53 pm

1. There has been a lot of talk in the media lately about redheads being a misrepresented and even persecuted minority; the Wendy's logo being the center piece for a lot of the debate. What do you as a redhead think of all that? Have you ever found yourself prejudged or mistreated because of your hair color?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 9:27 pm

Very nice question Hydra.

2. What do you think is needed to better the literary world? Or do you think their standards today (as related to great work) is acceptable?
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2008, 2:32 am

HYdraMStar wrote:
1. There has been a lot of talk in the media lately about redheads being a misrepresented and even persecuted minority; the Wendy's logo being the center piece for a lot of the debate. What do you as a redhead think of all that? Have you ever found yourself prejudged or mistreated because of your hair color?

That’s a brilliant question Hydra and it has a funny answer, I’m not a red head! Hahaha but it is true (or so I think) that hair colour affects the way people judge you. Blonds do have more fun, when I was blond there was a whole different attitude, when I went black it was quieter. It depends on the length of the hair too, funny enough; short means action and long means mirror. I like my red hair and it’s true, that men especially, say things like… “oooo, red head…. Danger! Danger!” I just tell them I’m a witch.

Mind you, I get funny looks when I wear my scruffy (favourite) jeans and roll up my cigarettes….

Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2008, 2:43 am

Kellycakes wrote:
Very nice question Hydra.

2. What do you think is needed to better the literary world? Or do you think their standards today (as related to great work) is acceptable?

That is an academic question!

To better the literary world I think we’d have to have more people reading. Not many people “read” in Spain for example and that’s sad. Books are also very expensive in relation to other things so there’s little incentive to get children into the good habit of reading.

As to the standards of today’s writing.. well, it’s all a money maker factory, isn’t it? Publishers only seek money maker books and in a way that’s ok, they’re a business and not a charity. This understandable attitude leaves out some great stories/poems etc… out of people’s reach as they’re not made available in bookshops.

In my opinion, some of the “great works” are just plain boring to me; lots of lovely words nicely put together but plain boring. A book should be the equivalent of teletranspsortation; it should take you places without moving from your armchair.

Have I answered your question? I hope so…. That one was a difficult one.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2008, 6:54 pm

3. A lot of people likely have very stereotypical ideas of what life in Spain is like; flamingo dancing, colorful clothing and personalities, etc. But what are your favorite things about the country and culture in which you life? And what, if any, are the pitfalls?
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2008, 2:18 pm

HYdraMStar wrote:
3. A lot of people likely have very stereotypical ideas of what life in Spain is like; flamingo dancing, colorful clothing and personalities, etc. But what are your favorite things about the country and culture in which you life? And what, if any, are the pitfalls?

You’ve been shopping for good questions Hydra!

Yes.. Spain is stereotyped up to a point… Spain is a strange country full of contradictions, we show a modern side which is good and true except that then you have people who can’t use computers or perhaps it’s a supermarket where they have all these beautiful tills and then they only have 2 out of 20 operating at busy times. It’s a place where you’re supposed to know everybody else’s job just to make sure you get your job done properly, no joke! Well, either that of you have lots of money to pay for the best. Not that there are just bad people working about, the reason they do their job poorly it’s because they’re badly paid.

Spain is very colourful and varied, it’s big, (small compared to America, of course) but it’s very beautiful. The people tend to be on the nice side. Up north they seem to be more hardworking and responsible than in the south and all Spaniards are into “fiestas” and something else called “puentes” that’s very long bank holidays for you.

Flamenco dancing is performed for tourists but it’s also popular among the Spanish, there are lots of dancing academies for that as well as for ballet. It’s an art, really, I like the guys when they dance with their shoes, wow!

As for clothing… well, what can I say? I’ll probably get hammered by this but it’s all a sheep society, once the fashion theme is out, everything has the same colour and it’s impossible to get anything different. Most annoying (at least for me).
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2008, 2:19 pm

oops... my favourite thing is the weather!
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 9:44 pm

4. What are your favorite genres to write and read?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 9:50 pm

5. Besides writing what other things occupies your free time?
Back to top Go down
JuJu

JuJu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 9:53 pm

6.If you could visit any place in the world were would you go ?
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 9:54 pm

7. What would you most like to accomplish with your writing?
Back to top Go down
JuJu

JuJu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 9:57 pm

8. Who is your favorite author and why?
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Caring10

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 9:59 pm

9. If there is reincarnation, what would you like to be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
alexandra

alexandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 10:09 am

Kellycakes wrote:
4. What are your favorite genres to write and read?

I love fantasy, thrillers, legal, vampires, supernatural, day to day things and humour. I also like historical novels. I don’t like scary books, I’m a chicken!

As to writing… gosh I wish I could write about legal things… (don’t have the vocab for that!) I write on all sorts really, I’ve done children’s, semi porno stuff or whatever that’s calleld, (perhaps it’s erotic?), humour and day to day things
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 10:13 am

Kellycakes wrote:
5. Besides writing what other things occupies your free time?

Free time? What’s that? I don’t even know how I manage to write! I’m a busy mum of 2 kids and I work from home, I’ve got a language company, small but going and that takes all my time…I usually read in bed (my free time!!) and I invent excuses for making cakes. When I had more free time I used to some gardening and painting and handcrafts with clay and then painting them, no time for that now..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scribbles Hotspot!
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next