Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Empty33%Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Empty67%Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) EmptyAbduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Voting_bar2Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) EmptyAbduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Voting_bar2Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TerishD

Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Empty
PostSubject: Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2020, 6:32 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter One

Morgan:
A Meeting about Warrior

I slipped into the room and stood against the wall not too far from the set of doors that most people used to enter.  There were other single portals, but I only watched those considering it to be suspicious if any did enter or leave through them.  I had come looking for something to write about, although could not help but hope for a subject more interesting than the topic I felt to be of school interest.  I had not truly been sent to this gathering to make a report for the school paper, but simply wanted others to see me as concerned about local matters.  While now a junior in high school, many just thought of me as someone in the background.  I was not making the top grades.  I was competent at sports, but not someone to make the big plays.  Wanting people to notice my presence, I took the initiative to find a place where other students had not yet made their mark.  Strangely, even though a number of students claimed to be interested in politics, none actually took part in civic affairs.  Looking around the room, I found that I could have indeed found the place to gain some notice.

There was a chance someone at school would connect my presence to wanting to be seen with a certain young lady.  Honestly, at the moment I was not sure if that was a good thing or not.  It would be embarrassing, but also give me some notice.  Speaking to Shirley however had not impressed her.  Even though I knew no one else had laid claim to her, she did not seem interested in me either.  Understanding that no one took my presence seriously, I felt a need to show her and others that my feelings of affection for her had substance.  Feeling uneasy about how others would see my presence, which I knew would affect Shirley's opinion of me, I simply stood holding a small notepad hoping to present myself as having an official reason for being present.

The meeting was not being held in the courthouse.  The old government building just did not have the room for handling a large gathering of people.  Its strong stone construction had been used to make very secure prison cells and elegant rooms for conducting matters of law.  Those accused of crimes, and especially those convicted of crimes, were not afforded large rooms.  Those handling legal matters did not want spacious settings where their words might reach public ears.  While the courthouse was a good place for lawyers and those that attempted to keep the public safe, it was not a building where the normal citizens wanted to be.

Public gatherings were held at the elementary school.  That building was also constructed of stone, but the material was not of massive smooth blocks.  The layers of uneven slate gave a friendly appearance.  Certain rocks were known to be a good location for leaving notes.  I remembered looking at the rough exterior and thinking I could scale the walls, although after boldly acting on my thoughts I realized just how minor of a height could be obtained from the single story structure.  Overall, the school presented a pleasant alternative to the courthouse for holding public meetings.

It shocked me to notice that the mood inside the cafeteria was not pleasant this evening.  I actually thought the adults would handle their affairs in the quiet, dignified manner they preached for the students to act.  Looking about I noticed the elders showing some uncomfortableness to the small chairs, although I allowed that I had already grown enough to also feel the seats were small.  I heard some men speak of the coffee being strong with comments that the brew in the pot had probably been left steeping after those who cooked lunch for the children had gone home.  I found myself having to conclude that the mood was being determined by the overbearing attitude of certain people, because at the moment their pounding only fueled a heated exchange showing signs of igniting some really bad tempers.

The voice of Shirley Schaulder shrieked out, "I cannot let you kill Warrior!"

The young lady was the actual reason I came to this meeting.  I found myself wondering why she had not become a cheerleader.  I could not say she was gorgeous, but she looked better than many other girls.  I did not have any classes with her this year, but in seeing her about school I found myself believing she was relegated to the background just as I was.  Wondering how I could speak to her in a more direct manner, I learned that she had been placed in the group to help other students with their lessons and homework.  I felt that I was smart, but at times just could not comprehend what type of answers the teachers wanted on the tests.  Shirley made better grades than I did, so I suspected could actually help me with some problems even as I gained chances to speak to her.  My major problem had been a feeling she would feel as uneasy around me as I did around her, so had not yet made an advance to speak to the young lady.

I really did not fear her parents.  I was not known as a bad student, and thought my plans to join the Marines would be looked upon favorably.  I had grown up in the community, and felt many in the room could remember when I was of an age that I could comfortably sit in the majority of chairs present in the cafeteria.  Shirley was considered a proper young lady.  I had friends who spoke of her, but never in a nice way as they did not feel able to face her.  I felt I could without gaining any resistance from her parents should I ask her out on a date, but still hoped my presence in this non-school setting would break any barriers toward finally speaking to the young lady.

Hearing some mumbles about Shirley being too young to have a voice in their adult session, I found myself pleased to hear the young lady stand up to assure her voice was heard.  It bothered me to hear private words between those in the room, because I came to realize that what truly incensed a number of people was that the brunette attractive lady was far from being an elder of the community.  It did not matter what she was speaking about, but only that her making a scene in an attempt to dominate the forum was considered very improper.  What further bothered a few was that the matter under discussion was something they considered very minor.  While there was some consideration for just thinking the matter cute and letting it drop, the one who had brought forth the issue was an elder male of the community and was not one who acted rashly.  Many in the room considered that if James Thatcher felt something worth the trouble of speaking about, then it was of worth and definitely a matter the young should not question.

Shirley was not staying quiet however, "Warrior is the only one protecting us!  Everyone in here is in bed.  You might not be asleep, but you are not even looking out a window.  The police are at Stacey's or out looking for speeders.  We are being robbed!  Right now they are only coming into our yards, but if you silence Warrior then they will come into our homes!"

James Thatcher rose from his chair as if he was about to say something, but the last two sentences from the lady had him shut his mouth.  The way he sat back down while looking at one of the police officers stated that the elder did not want to be associated with crime.  James Thatcher did shout when the young lady finished, but it was to silence the room.  His hair was not completely white, but I easily accepted that all considered the present of dark strands to be a divine warning to others that there was still some youthful fight left in Mr. Thatcher.  The room went quiet at his command.

"Norm?  What is this about us being robbed?"

Norman Blaylock was not the usual old fat police captain.  He was a big man, but I had been directed to speak to him as he had served his country as a part of the Marines.  Working with the man in his yard, I knew the body of the police captain stayed firm even without clothes to support it.  He did have a quiet nature that kept him from appearing too threatening, especially with a donut in his mouth, but I remembered Captain Blaylock mentioning not wanting the common citizens to be afraid of the law.

"You mentioned that your patio furniture was tossed about the other day, Jim.  You suspected animals.  That is one of your reasons for seeking to control the Willett's dog."

James Thatcher turned his head to look at Shirley, then turned back to the one he surely considered a voice of reason.  "Are you saying that it is not animals, Norm?"

"I am saying that other people have complained as well, those far from the Willett's, and, yes, things are being taken."

"Then why were you going to let me do this, Norm?"

I expected the elder policeman to point out that he and those that worked with him were the ones protecting the neighborhood, and not a dog.  While working in the yard the man had gone on about how people should trust in the people with the duty to protect them.  I however noticed the man stay quiet looking to others before finally speaking an answer to the question.

"I probably would have stopped you.  I was just wondering why the Willett's weren't here."

Shirley spoke to provide the information, "They are in Branson."

Mrs. Sheffield rose in a manner indicating that she considered it more proper for her to speak than the young lady, "Now that Albert Jr. has a good job and moved out with their family, Albert and Alice felt able to take a vacation."

I now listened to whispers mentioning the fear of having their homes destroyed by the children of some younger couples possibly living in the trailer park outside of town.  I also heard comments about the quality of the parenting ability of some vagabonds, who may or may not be married.  I thought of certain people in school, and allowed that a few were capable of committing needless crimes.  What I however found myself accepting was that most in the room now realized the topic was something more important than the fate of a dog.  I looked to Shirley thinking that she should be relieved that the discussions were now over criminal activity and not the death of Warrior.

James Thatcher again rose to address the assembly.  Mayor Cronkite banged his gavel to quiet the people so Mr. Thatcher could speak.  I smiled as everyone did get quiet, as I could not help but think of this meeting as just a more adult version of my own classroom settings.

"Norm, exactly what has been taken?"

Captain Blaylock answered, "It seems more the activity of children, or a dog, than theft, Jim.  Some are saying animals, but many of the items are not things that animals would take.  Even the Willett's dog would have a hard time getting his mouth around most yard gnomes.  Flower boxes have also been taken, with Mrs. Sheffield having an entire arrangement set into the top of a brick dividing wall dug out."

"Mind if I walk around with my gun?"

"This isn't the big city, Jim.  Carry your gun if you want."

That response surprised me, as Captain Blaylock spoke to me of people needing to trust their law enforcement.  He however had also spoken of supporting the laws.  I felt such was what caused the acknowledgement, and the response from Mr. Thatcher supported that conclusion.

"Just wanted you to know."

The demeanor of those at the meeting settled down as a general agreement was obtained on most points.  Warrior, the Willett's guard dog, would be allowed to continue performing his duty.  I smiled hearing Shirley speak of caring for the canine and assuring the people that Warrior had only escaped from the fenced back yard a couple of times with him only chasing cars and otherwise causing no trouble.  The strength of her support for the animal had me even more desiring to introduce myself to the lady, as I had always wanted a dog.  Hoping she would get a good first impression of me, I stayed standing proudly in the back of the room while the meeting concluded.

As luck would have it, Captain Blaylock moved to me before I could speak to Shirley.  The man asked about my reason for being present, but accepted the story of wanting the story for the school paper.  The man did turn to smile in the direction of the young lady, but turned back to say that he was glad to see certain youths active taking a part in the real affairs of the community.

It did surprise me to hear a suggestion for me to check on Warrior.  Shirley did live in my subdivision, although on one of the outer streets quite a distance from me.  Captain Blaylock of course gave me orders to look out for any malicious activities, and to hopefully get the actions on camera to justify putting Warrior to sleep or making a raid on those living in a trailer park.  James Thatcher entered the conversation to get Captain Blaylock to promise to have deputies focus on the residential areas.  I however had to smile hearing the officer say that he would take certain initiatives to find the real source of trouble.

Last edited by TerishD on June 10th 2020, 6:30 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
TerishD

TerishD

Male

PostSubject: Chapter Two   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2020, 6:27 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Two

Shirley:
A Concern for Warrior

Shirley cheerfully sang with the radio as she drove home. Reaching the small house that her family somehow lived in peacefully, she quickly turned off the engine to rush around a side of the building and to the hurricane fence that separated the back of a small yard from a much bigger one. A dog almost bounded over the barrier of thick wire while sounding very loud barks of joy at seeing the lady. Shirley cheerfully spoke words to quiet him as she reached over the fence to rub around his ears.

"You keep doing your job, Warrior. You are a good dog, and the only one warning those of us here of the threat being done by the vandals. I fought for you, Warrior, and hopefully the next time you bark others will do something other than call in a complaint."

The dog of course did not understand what was being said, but did all it could to keep the lady talking to it and giving it attention. The lady did want to share her joy in saving the animal, and found its antics to entice her to move to him. She also felt a sense of paranoia that those that did not win in one way might attempt another strategy, so left the fence to walk around the block where she could properly enter the yard with Warrior.

As Shirley left the sidewalk to approach the front of the Willett's house, she turned with surprise to see another car stop in front of driveway. A smile stayed on the lady's face as she moved to the vehicle, as she did know Morgan Neblett and had seen him at the council meeting. She heard him attempt to say something, and waited for him to overcome any shyness. Shirley could only smile as he finally made a simple observation.

"This isn't your house."

She replied, "No, but this is Warrior's home. I was going to check on Warrior."

Those words helped break the ice, as the young man began to speak. He mentioned always wanting a dog, but his sister having allergies and an obnoxious attitude causing his parents to never allow a pet. Shirley heard him mention knowing Captain Blaylock and gaining permission to check on things. She thus decided to speak more with him by introducing him to the dog she had fought to save.

He stopped the car and got out while saying, "I hope you don't mind if I write this up for the school paper."

"Not as long as you do not make Warrior out to be a bad dog."

"Is there any evidence of that? Once the facts came out, I do not see how anyone would think that Warrior was at fault."

Shirley found herself very pleased with what the young man said, so tried to speak words explaining the problem. "The Thatchers live only a few houses down. Mrs. Thatcher does not like dogs, so is quick to complain about Warrior. Mr. Thatcher is always looking for a simple explanation to any problem, so usually accepts whatever his wife says."

"Officer Blaylock says the simplest explanation is usually the right one, but it takes looking at all the evidence to sometimes see the obvious."

"I know about Occram's Razor. My father speaks of it. That is why I gained permission to go to the council meeting. I might be the cause of Warrior occasionally barking, as I will come out and play with him at night, but I promise you that he is not the one throwing around people's property."

She saw the young man smile, and could not help but smile herself as he tried to maintain a dignified expression while asking a question. "Well, could I go with you to meet Warrior? I thank you for being willing to speak to me, but I would like for an excuse to speak to you some more and also learn about Warrior. I do not believe that the dog knows me."

Shirley accepted the response by acknowledging, "I don't believe that he does either."

Warrior did not show any displeasure in the presence of the young man. The dog did its usual routine of showing itself elated to see Shirley and have her enter his fenced territory, but also showed no suspicion of the one that accompanied her. She felt it a good sign that the animal accepted the young man, and that he displayed no fear of the active dog. What did bother her was seeing him tire of petting Warrior, but start moving about as if the animal were not even present. While the dog stayed with Shirley as she checked on his food, water, and other particulars of his home, the young man calmly walked around the perimeter of the property.

Returning to the lady and animal the young man asked, "Do you know the neighbors?"

Seeing that Warrior accepted the man, Shirley decided to see if she could learn some things about him. "Do you know the people that live around you?"

She found herself entertained as he did not just mention those that lived around him, but their occupations. She could not say that she actually knew what her neighbors did for a living. Hearing him again mention Captain Blaylock, she felt even more inclined to find out things of the young man.

Shirley heard Morgan mention having plans to join the Marines. She really had not made any plans, but her father did speak of the benefits of having some military service. Morgan however spoke of college, which was something she did want to do, so suspected that he sought more from life than most of the lads in her classes.

Looking toward her house and fearing her siblings or parents calling to her, Shirley said, "I thank you, Morgan, for coming to check on me."

She believed that he was attempting to stay longer as he asked, "Has anything of yours been stolen?"

"No, but we don't leave our stuff out." Shirley pointed while saying, "The Fenolies are the ones actually complaining."

She could not help but smile when in walked in the direction she pointed to ask, "These people?"

Seeing the cluttered and overgrown patch of land, she had to admit, "They at first were glad to have Warrior next door. Their attitude however has changed along with the condition of their yard. They once had a service that cleaned up their yard. I remember some loud parties, but the people that came would pet Warrior. I don't know what happened, but the parties have stopped and I guess they stopped paying for someone to work on their yard."

Morgan continued to look into the Fenoli's fenced in property as he asked, "When was the last party?"

"The equinox, or some meaningless celestial event like that. We had another one of those about a month ago, but there was no party."

"It appears that the grass hasn't been cut since then."

Shirley felt the need to stress in her voice that it was probably time for both of them to head to bed as she replied, "I believe I said that."

Just then a light near the back door to the Fenoli's house came on, then the door opened. A man that did not appear tall, but who attempted to make himself appear important by working with weights and keeping his facial hair properly trimmed, stepped out. He had a flashlight, and directed it at the young man as he spoke.

"Can I help you?"

Morgan took his notepad and pen out of a pocket as he replied, "Mr. Fenoli?"

The man seemed annoyed as he continued to shine the light in the face of the young man as he answered, "Yes. I am Eddie Fenoli."

"I was checking on the Willett's dog, Warrior, with Miss Schaulder. There has been a complaint issued about the dog's barking."

Mr. Fenoli waved at Shirley, and after she waved back he spoke again to the young man. "I did not make it. I have been grateful for Warrior, as I would like to know who has been doing the vandalizing myself. Warrior will bark at anything, but I am hoping to catch him barking at something that needs to be barked at."

"Miss Schaulder said that you had someone tend to your yard, but I was noticing that it does not look like it has been tended recently."

"They wanted more money. Said that I had a major rodent problem. I told them they had my permission to do whatever they needed to do to wipe out the animals. They said that they would not work until I dealt with the rodent problem, but I felt that they were just trying to get me to pay them more money."

Shirley at first thought Morgan's act to be writing for the school paper to be a little prank to speak with her. He however kept a serious expression as the light from Mr. Fenoli stayed on him. Shirley had to admit that however true the story about doing things for the school paper might be, Morgan held to the act as if it was the complete truth.

He asked, "Do you believe that Warrior is barking due to animals or people?"

Mr. Fenoli replied, "Animals could be some of it, but someone or something is doing more than being a pest. Warrior barks at anything, so I am expecting that one of these times he will be warning us of the vandals."

"Have you looked outside while he is barking?"

"By the time he wakes me up, whatever it is has gone. Warrior does not bark all night. He is a good dog. While he will bark at anything, he does not tend to bark at nothing. I am thinking of installing a security camera."

Shirley expected the young man to speak positively about installing the camera, but he instead asked, "About how long does he bark at a time?"

"I would say less than thirty minutes. Just long enough to wake you up, get you annoyed, then get out of bed to check on the dog."

"About how many times will this happen in a night?"

"It is not every night, and it is usually only once a night when it does happen."

A female voice sounded from the door to the Fenoli's house, "You only get up once a night, Eddie. It will happen two, maybe three times on some nights."

Morgan continued to look like he was doing serious business as he raised his voice to ask, "I assume you are Mrs. Fenoli?"

"April Fenoli, yes."

Morgan moved his eyes to let all know they could supply an answer to his next question, "Are there any security cameras that would focus on this area? I mean, do you know of any your neighbors might have?"

Mr. Fenoli gave the answer, "No, young man."

"Can I ask you, Mr. Fenoli, to at least mow your yard? It would not only take the blame off of you for the rodents, but might keep Warrior from being issued further complaints."

"I do not have any yard equipment myself. I will promise to call around and get somebody lined up. If you have some equipment, I would hire you."

Morgan thanked the man, then turned back to smile at Shirley while saying, "That is all I can do at the moment."

She replied in a loud enough voice to have the neighbors hear, "I was not at the meeting fighting to have the Fenolies clean their yard, but to save Warrior. Somebody wanted Warrior killed."

She saw the young man smile as he closed his notepad while saying, "Ma'am, I promise to put it on record that Warrior gives every indication of being a good dog."

"Thank you. I look forward to reading the next school paper. Now, I believe we both need to go home."
Back to top Go down
TerishD

TerishD

Male

PostSubject: Chapter Three   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2020, 6:35 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Three

Morgan:
A Strange Dream

I pulled up to the side of the driveway to my house, where I was supposed to park the spare car that my parents usually allowed me to drive, feeling good about the night. I could not imagine Shirley having a reason to speak against me. I acted in a manner that supported my story of working on an article for the school paper, and as far as I could tell handled the situation in a supportive and positive manner. I walked into my house and into the kitchen feeling that I might have a shot at Shirley upon seeing her at school.

The lady did have qualities that I admired. She appeared attractive, although with school and the council meeting being public situations I allowed she probably had enhanced her appearance. She still had gone to Warrior before returning to her home, so I suspected she was comfortable in her clothes stating that I had seen her close to how she would be seen normally when not in a school uniform. She was not fat. Liking the outdoors, I definitely wanted a wife that would be willing and able to go places with me. She liked animals, as I did. While I could not say anything more about our compatibility, I felt the lady had shown me qualities that I admired and felt that I had made the most of my opportunity to make a good first impression upon her.

Morgan, did you have a rough night?"

I turned to my sister, Mary. She was only a year younger than me, and worked to keep me speaking to her about my friends. While rather rigid on certain topics, I allowed that she would one day find a man who would agree with her. While I did love my sister, so really did not need threats from my parents about being kind to her, my good mood had me speak very cheerfully.

"Not really. I feel things worked out for the best."

"That's nice. I think it is good that you went to a council session instead of just working out with weights or playing on your computer. Would you like some tea?"

I knew she was probably just attempting to empty the tea pitcher, but looked at the clock accepting that I would need to actually work on the article to keep my reputation with Shirley. "Go ahead, as I plan on writing something for schools before going to bed."

"Okay, I also have some little cakes that should settle your stomach as well."

I was hungry. I had expected some refreshments at the council setting, but they did not have anything other than the overcooked coffee. In reaching for the plate I saw dark masses, but went ahead and took a couple knowing that my mother and sister would try healthy recipes. Feeling that they would prevent me from feeling hungry, even if not that tasty, I thanked Mary for them.

She said, "I didn't cook them. Some old lady came by and dropped them off. I think she lived a few streets over and was politicking for someone. Daddy and Andy wouldn't touch them, although mother and I shared one. They're not bad, but they do taste a little strange."

I admitted, "I'm just hungry. There was not anything at the council meeting."

Mary followed me as I went to my room. I did like my sister, so spoke to her of Shirley. Instead of agreeing with my positive words of her, Mary spoke of her own allergies along with some knowledge of Shirley that made her out to be not popular. I did not allow my sister's words to change my feelings, but only considered how my choice of classes and decision to join the Marines would affect my relationship with Shirley.

The tea and healthy cakes did enable me to calmly settle into my bed after writing a draft of my article. However, almost as soon as I drifted off unconscious did I feel a body come upon me. I considered it a dream even though the weight seemed very real. The sensation was not the heavy force of my older brother performing some act, but only of a pillow or other object coming upon me that could be ignored until morning. The hands upon my head felt real as well, but I was known to wrap myself in my blankets. None of it was painful, so I did not feel an initial need to react. Almost with wonder about the sensations I tried to allow the dream to pass while considering that I would not remember whatever occurred when I rose from my bed.

Suddenly, I found myself falling. I felt glad to land on my arms and legs instead of a jarring blow to my torso. I thought it odd to be on my fingers and toes, but felt the position would enable me to quickly return to my bed. My arms and legs did not respond as expected however, and having a weight on my back really disturbed me. Feeling that my older brother was playing a stunt on me, I did what I could to fight. Having my head pulled and sides kicked really annoyed me, but I found my body limited in how it would move keeping me from removing whoever or whatever was bothering me. I gained the impression that some straps had been put around my head, which the one on my back used to control me. I tried to throw the person, but found whoever was attempting to dominate me to stay there. My arms would not move back to reach whoever was bothering me. My torso did not bend with the range of motion I needed to remove something from my body. What maneuvers I could manage, the one on my back proved unable to be dislodged. Feeling my head being jerked as a part of disrupting my motions, I slowly gained the understanding that the intruder sought to ride me. While I felt tired, my mind told me that it would not be the first time I got Andy in trouble. Feeling that I would have to listen to my parents lecture me and my older brother about being nice to each other, I found myself coming to the decision to give my brother a ride to the master bedroom.

My arms acted as legs better than previous attempts to give a ride to my sister or young cousins. I did try to bend my fingers, but found them staying straight as they lifted the front of my body. My legs also did not bend to put my knees on the floor, but my toes stayed rigid as they supplied the contact to move my rear. It took some coordination to have my arms work with my legs in what I felt was a good simulation of a four-legged gait. The strange sensation of my appendages did have me stumble, but the limited movement of my arms and legs along with feeling some adjustment from the one on my back enabled me to regain a rhythm to my movement. After going a distance further than I though possible in my house, much less my bedroom, I stopped attempting to make sense of my situation. It did not feel like I was moving in the manner of previous attempts to play horse, although the one on my back definitely let me know that was the game I was expected to play.

I wanted to look around in order to find my way to my parent's bedroom. Any attempt to shift the view of my eyes was however contained by the bridle on my head. I did not like having it present, but my arms would not reach up to help me remove it. All I saw was a dark mist around me, but I felt that being allowed to focus on my surroundings would help me determine my true location. At first I moved slowly not really feeling comfortable walking as if having four legs or with someone on my back, but feeling my sides kicked I understood to go faster in the direction my head was facing.

It pained me to realize that I had no choice but to obey the one on my back. Andy was almost two years older than me, so had dominated me as we grew up. He had never hurt me, but I did believe I was finally gaining the size and strength to become his physical equal. Whoever it was on my back had the strength to keep control of my head and the experience not to lose a seat on top of me. I felt my hands unable to move with me having no choice except to walk on my fingers. While I felt like my legs were walking on my tip-toes, there was a lack of delicate control. Further, I could not stand. Any attempt to lift my front had the one on my back adjust their position to put the weight in a manner that I feel back to having the tips of my fingers on the ground. All I could do was move forward on all fours through a mist that had me hope to be only experiencing a dream. Feeling further kicks to my side, I obeyed the commands to move even faster.

Suddenly the mist cleared and I felt myself traveling upon a stone path. The sky was dark, making the dark material around me almost black. Playing military simulations had me desire to memorize things to help me gain some familiarity with my surroundings. I hoped that later after speaking to my parents or the cops I would be able to retrace my steps and capture the one that abducted me. The control of my head however kept me only able to look to the path I would move my feet upon.

In looking down it took me some moments to realize that I was looking at the front legs of a horse. Turning my head as I could even with the bridle controlling it I realized that I was in the body of a horse. Looking toward my hands what I saw were hair-covered lengths that ended with hooves. In attempting to talk, scream, or yell all I made were the sounds of a horse. While it did not feel like a dream, the realization that I was in the body of a horse had me only able to conclude that the experience would pass with the coming of dawn.

I could not fight the one on my back. Whatever stunt I tried did not reduce the pull on my head or the body riding me. Not being able to communicate to gain some understanding of my situation only made the experience worse. With Andy I could make threats of telling our parents, but the sounds of a horse did not bother the one who surely heard. Realizing that as a horse I had no way of fighting the one on my back, I accepted that I had no choice but to give a ride to the one controlling me.

Time passed with me only able to continue moving as a four-legged animal. I felt it to be a powerful body, but nothing like the one I had grown up with. I had a long neck that easily kept my head lifted. My front legs did not have any of the range of motion of my arms, although worked well to direct the movement of the body. What I could see of the world around me had a clarity of being real, and the plodding movement of my horse physique did not change or lose substance as things usually did in dreams. Time passed with me growing worried that I would not wake up back in my bed.

The kicks to my side had me realize that the one riding me expected me to run. I tried speeding up, but the movement of my arms and legs would only allow me to go so fast. Only out of desperation as I felt the force to my sides again did I try a different gait and found myself to shoot forward. I tired, but it was not long after slowing down that I felt the command to again run. After an extended period of racing, I felt my head pulled back and I slowed back down. Having to change my gait set within me a rhythm to my steps at different speeds. Feeling my body breathe and muscles tire had me realize that I was truly in the body of a horse.

After wondering just how long this dream would last, I found myself lifting my head to see a large structure constructed of the same dark stone as the mountain I strode upon. I had no idea where I was, and definitely could not place the scene within any night travel I had ever done. My only recourse was to continue believing that I was experiencing some dream. I thus continued to move my feet over the dark stone.

I found the one on my back to direct me through the gates to what appeared to be a stables. Before the dark interior of where I felt I would be placed was a stocky hairy man whose body was covered in leather pieces protecting him from a hot fire pit. I found myself surprised to feel my head yanked back signaling me to stop. I felt hope as the weight that had been on my back dropped off, although seeing the reins wrapped around a metal pole by a matronly form in a black dress had me begin to worry that I had more to fear from the person that just having her on my back.

"I want this one shod. Not with iron, but with the same substance as the nightmares."

The voice was definitely female, although with the rasp of age. Considering myself to still be in a dream, I expected a series of shrieking tones tempered with gruff breaths of air. Hearing words that I understood bothered me, because nothing I said came out in a manner of speech. What I heard had none of the malevolent sounds usually associated with a nightmare. The lady did have a slightly deep register to her feminine tones, but they did more to stress that she expected to be obeyed than convey a sense of horror. The reins had been wrapped so as not to allow me to move my head preventing me from looking to see more of the one that had been riding me or the blacksmith as his voice replied to the lady.

"What to do with this one afterward?"

"I will be riding it back, so put it out in the grass. It probably won't eat, but no reason to stop it."

I tried to speak, but again only managed to make a sound. It really did not surprise me to find that I still sounded like a horse. Being that I hoped this to only be a dream, I did not trouble to attempt to make sense of my situation. I did lift my left arm, but noticed that it did not come up in front of my face as those of transformed people did in movies. I had to look down to see the lifted leg of a horse, and heard the clop of a hoof when I set it back down. The hands of the man touching me felt like they moved through a growth of hair and not over the skin of my body. Hearing the man speak with soft, kind words brought me some hope, even as the man's language and hands let it be known that he considered himself to be handling an animal.

"Don't you worry none. I won't do nothing improper to you, and that is good grass out there and a basin keeping the water from an artesian well clean. It will all be all right."

I really did not know what to think as I felt a brush move over my body. While it felt as if it moved through a hair covered hide, there was also a sense of it being my body. While I knew that I had been to the barber just a couple of days ago, I felt a comforting pull extended as if my tresses had grown a lot during the night. Something then tingled from my rear, and only after concentrating for a time did I consider that it was a tail being brushed out with something telling me that the strands coming from my rear were long. In a way the gentle treatment had me relax, although I felt a sense of alarm feeling a leg grabbed and lifted.

"Don't you worry none," the man said. "I know my job. This will not hurt."

A sense that I really should wake up came over me as I felt a shocking pain in the toes of my right foot. Attempting to complain, I only heard myself neigh. The man continued to speak softly assuring me that what he was doing did not hurt. Indeed the sensation was not of being stabbed, but something wrong being done to me could be felt all the same. A sense that I was being condemned to a life of being a horse came over me as each of my extremities was lifted and worked on by the man.

No pain registered as the man took my reins then pulled on them to lead me to a grassy area. I however clearly heard a different sound than the previous clops of my hoofed feet as I walked. I knew something had been attached to the end of my fingers and toes. I felt no additional weight, except in the feeling that my transformed body was not an illusion of my dreaming mind. When the reins were set on my back, I could not find the words of the man to be in error.

"I would not go anywhere. It would not do you any good to get Esmeralda mad at you. You are a pretty one, and I would hope that you will stay that way."

I now had a chance to freely move my head and look around. My body was of a horse. I had the color of my hair, although the long strands of my twitching tail were of the blond I had as a child. What I saw of my surroundings was nothing of lighter hues. Even the grass had a dark color. There however was not the misty vision of a dream, but clear images of my surroundings with me being able to distinctly feel things. My motions did not give me the impression of being limited by physical restraints or held as in some nightmares, although every movement I made was that of a horse and not of a man. Wanting something to do to help pass time, I looked to the grass and a stone basin that appeared to gain water from a seepage of natural liquid. While something told me that the blades would be good to eat, I only allowed myself to drink of the dark water as it was at least clear. Being able to move freely as a horse gave me no feeling of having a chance of regaining my life.

The lady that came from the dark building had the appearance of being old, although not very fat. The way she moved stated a command over her body just as she had dominated me. The fact that she wore no makeup and had allowed her eyebrows to grow without being plucked only enhanced the fact that there were few of the warts or blemishes that bothered the faces of most old ladies. I looked at her wondering if I would remember all the details once awaking. She looked back at me with no fear of having her face checked against any database, and moved to grab the reins from my back while speaking.

"I am giving you no good options. You are my horse and will come to know my authority. Let me say that I have no intention of harming you. Not completely anyway. I have my purpose, and will do what I must to have you perform as I need you to do. Most of what you will be eventually given to do, you probably do not care about, but some you certainly will. The choices you make might work against me, but you will have to live with those choices all the same."

I hoped that in speaking to me, I would be able to speak back in return. All that came from my mouth was however the neighs, whinnies, and grunts of a horse. The lady used the time while I made noise to regain my back. She then spoke to me without any indication that she understood what I said.

"You are only a horse. I have more control over you than you think. You might believe yourself to be a man, but you are not. You will have to accept that you are just an animal and I am your master. Right now if you do not obey, you do not go back to your life. Later you will obey simply because you know that it is your place."

I felt the reins turn my head, and with a feeling of despair I had my body move as directed. What antagonism I felt to the words of the lady I believed would be dispelled along with the events of this dream upon waking up. Feeling the kicks, I sped up. I moved with the lady on my back trusting that she was having me return. I did wonder about my equine body, but felt it best if I just allowed it to move while using my mind to seek methods of casting off my rider and wake from this strange dream.

Finally, I entered a dark mist then felt her reach up to my head. She dropped off my back as the bridle came off. I then opened my eyes to see my bedroom. I rose feeling a tingling in my fingers as they moved over the short hairs covering my head.
Back to top Go down
TerishD

TerishD

Male

PostSubject: Chapter Four   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2020, 6:33 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Four

Shirley:
Life as Normal

Shirley could not help but smile when she heard Tammy Willett, the daughter of the couple who paid her to care for their dog, say, "I see that Warrior is still active. I thank you so much for going to the trouble to stand up for my parent’s dog."

The young lady replied, "I am still a little bothered about the meeting last night. They weren't going to do anything to Warrior. I mean, they might have if I had not shown up, but they knew it was something other than Warrior. There have been disturbances elsewhere in the city, places Warrior could not be blamed on doing the things. It just seemed so wrong that I had to go at all."

"You mean they were blaming Warrior just to have something to blame?"

Shirley really hated thinking about what could have happened, but had to respond to the question. "I guess. Surely someone did call in a complaint on Warrior. I mean, they had to get the dog's name from someone. I still think it was the Thatchers."

"I heard you were with a young man last night."

That was a change of topic she did not expect. Her family tended to go to bed early. It had been late when Shirley came back from the meeting. She thus did not expect anyone, but maybe her mother, to know about events with the Morgan. Wondering what her family would expect as a report, Shirley tried to supply some information.

"Well, it helped when I mentioned Mr. Fenoli. Morgan seemed to agree with me that the condition of their yard could be one of the reasons for Warrior to be barking. No telling what is making a home in that tall grass."

"Morgan? Is he cute? Do you know him from school?"

Shirley could not help but show some embarrassment as she worked to answer the question. "Uh, I guess. Warrior seemed to like him, so that was a plus. He does go to my school, but I really do not have him in any of my present classes. He has the school paper as an elective, and said that he was going to do an article on Warrior. He actually checked out the situation and ended with a concession from the Fenolies, then showed me a draft of his article today. I guess he’s okay."

"But was he cute?"

"It was night, Tammy. I really did not get a good look at him. He was in the back of the council room, and it was dark when we got here. In school… well, I really…” Shirley hoped to change the subject. “He seemed nice and respectable, but really did not spend time simply chatting. He did not hit on me. I focused on Warrior and he acted as if he really just wanted the story."

"Well, what’s Morgan’s last name?"

Shirley felt good that she could confidently answer that question. "Morgan Neblett. He’s a junior like I am."

"Huh, well, I can say that he is not on any watch list. You should be all right if you want to chat with him the next time you run into each other."

Shirley knew Tammy was training to be a private investigator. Her father wanted her to try out for the F.B.I., but she wanted a more stable type of employment. While a private investigator could require some travel and strange hours, she could depend on most of her work being near her home where she could at least respond to a family emergency. It helped that her boyfriend was a lawyer, so able to support her as she went through her training. Shirley had agreed to take care of Warrior upon learning that the elder Willetts would be traveling and Tammy would be going to school or staying with her boyfriend.

Shirley did not have such benefits. She had the dream of gaining employment as a paramedic, but knew that her poor family would not be able to supply much aid in paying for the schooling. As for a rich boyfriend, she doubted Morgan would qualify. She did like the fact that he did not act like the other boys at school, but presently did not see the benefit in claiming him.

From the fence separating her home from the Willett’s back yard came the voice of her sister asking, “Shirley, do you know a Ralph?”

Shirley looked at Tammy, then yelled back to her sister, “No. Who’s Ralph?”

“There is a Ralph here asking to speak with you.”

Tammy asked, “Do you want me to go with you and check this guy out?”

While Shirley felt her parents would also make their appraisal of this man, she nodded to Tammy. Just as Morgan had done the night before, she pulled out notepad from a purse that had been set next to the fence gate.

Walking around to her house Shirley noticed the very nice car parked on the side of the road before her house. She knew no one who drove such a vehicle at her school. Agreeing with Tammy that Ralph seemed to have some importance, Shirley had to wonder if Ralph was an actual reporter wanting to do a story on Warrior.

Coming to the door of the house, her mother opened to have her enter while speaking of their visitor. “Shirley, I want you to meet Ralph Neyluborn. He is a successful rancher. He works with horses, which I feel will be something that you should appreciate.”

It was Tammy that asked, “And why is he here?”

The man stepped up to answer that question himself. “I am going to sound completely old fashioned, but my purpose is matrimony. I am part of an extremely old family, so constrained to do things in a certain way. My family raises a special breed of horses, and our methods breeding and training have ingrained a number of traditions.”

Shirley saw the young man step up to her, and had to accept that he was handsome. His hair did show some red where the ceiling light reflected off it, but otherwise was very dark. His face was clean shaven, although he did have some sideburns. His eyes were dark, although she detected some green in the orbs. Shirley expected him to kiss her hand as he bowed, but he only performed the polite action before speaking.

“My mother heard of you from the Willetts.” He then turned to the other lady to say, “Tammy, we have never met, but I have seen your picture. Mother’s investigation had her aware of Shirley’s efforts to save Warrior, and that is the reason I was sent to introduce myself.”

Tammy replied, “I will be doing my own investigation of you.”

“You will find your superior, Eddie Winston, to already have a file on me. That was sent to him from my mother, so I understand if you are suspicious of what it says. Still, it should give you something to work from in your investigation.”

Shirley felt some embarrassment as a younger brother asked, “You want to marry her?”

Ralph smiled as he replied, “That is my objective. However, I am not intending to rush things. Tammy and others will be given plenty of time to investigate me as Shirley and I attempt to assure our future will be right. Let me say that I am constrained by a number of traditions, but hopefully Shirley will find them charming, and me charming.”

Shirley had to ask, “You want to go on a date?”

“Actually do a number of things with you. I plan on just spending time talking, having meals with your family, and going on dates. As I said, I hope you find my constraints as charming, and not restrictive.”

“I’m not rich.”

“Oh, Shirley, this is not about money. Your love of animals is what is important. My family raises a very special breed of horse. It forces me, and those of my family, to do things a certain way. While I can provide a very elegant life, there are demands. If all you are looking for is to claim my wealth, you will not find me charming.”

Tammy asked, “Ralph, what are your immediate plans?”

“Why, that is entirely up to Shirley or her family. We can go out on a date, or simply sit and talk. While I might have constraints placed upon me, I am not rigid in my routines. Animals do not actually allow you to be rigid in any routine. I can certainly adapt to my situation.”

Her father asked a number of basic questions. Ralph claimed to be from the west coast, although was a little vague on exactly where. He tried to cover that fact by saying that the spread was in a special area that fit the type of horse he raised. He would not identify the type of horse he raised. What did help him was that he was very free with information concerning himself. He spoke of being only a couple of months shy of his nineteenth birthday. His father had died in an accident some years previously, although he spoke of the event as forcing him to learn more about the family business. He had a number of brothers and sisters. It was as he spoke of his home a few miles from a rocky coast that Shirley heard her father mention allowing some acceptance of Ralph.

“Shirley, you may go out to eat, but I want you back early. Note that I will have my phone with me, so call if there is any problem.”

Ralph said, “Of course I will get her back early. Shirley needs to see to Warrior and I have duties as well. Still, I plan on dropping back by with the hope of having all of you consider me family.”

Shirley told the man that she needed to change clothes. As Tammy said that she would continue to do what she could to learn about Ralph, Shirley wondered how she should dress. He was in a dark-blue set of clothes that appeared old-fashioned, but acted very comfortable in the attire. She put on a dress, although it bothered her that the only reason it looked good was that she seldom wore it. Wondering how her time with Ralph would go, she did what she could to change her appearance in order to look good with him.

She was taken to a nice restaurant, but Ralph said that he just wanted to prove that he did have money. He spoke of his education, although listened to Shirley speak of her school. Hearing her mention not having any real plans after graduation, he spoke of his life in working with the horses. What he said did fascinate her. He did not mention having dogs, although spoke of some animals that could be seen walking about his property. Feeling that Ralph was proving himself to be a wonderful man, Shirley had to wonder about why he was spending time and money with her.

Actually asking the question, the man smiled as he gave an answer. “I have to marry someone. My hope, of course, is to gain a very lovely wife. More than that, I need someone willing to be my wife. I promise you that I am not part of a mafia family or anything like that, but there is a shocking aspect to my family business. It however is a fascinating, wonderful life. If you are not charmed by me, I will not force any continued relationship. I cannot. However beautiful you are, if you are not willing to accept me and my horses, our marriage would not be a good thing.”

“Am I the only one you are considering?”

“Have to be. I must commit as well. If we end the relationship, I will choose another, but if you stay charmed by me I will be charmed by you as well.”

Shirley had to admit that she was enjoying speaking to Ralph. He really did not look like any of the other boys in high school, but he also could speak in a manner they could not. Wondering just how much she would end up thinking of Ralph, she found herself enjoying spending time with him.
Back to top Go down
TerishD

TerishD

Male

PostSubject: Chapter Five   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2020, 6:28 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Five

Morgan:
About Being a Horse

I did not understand my dream. The memories of being a horse were not troubling my thoughts in a harmful manner, although I felt as if I had not gained any sleep at all. I however stayed active as I went about my usual day wondering about the events that still seemed so vivid in my mind. I could not consider the dream to have been a nightmare, as the one that rode me had not mistreated me and the sights around me had not been scary. My memories did present the lady as the one that changed me into a horse, but being brought to a stables also declared her as not needing a horse to ride. That possibly meant she was acting under orders of someone else as well. I considered that she was dreaming of being old even as I was dreaming of being a horse, and wanted free from her dreams as well. Not being able to understand the experience, I found it easy to instead put my focus on dealing with things at school.

I did keep recalling the memories from the night before. Usually I found my arms and legs adjusting as they had been while an animal. Instead of being experiences that faded from my thoughts as usually occurred with dreams, the clarity of what I saw and did had me categorize the situation as not being a normal nighttime experience. Being a horse was not enjoyable, but I found myself not suffering. While I woke up feeling a loss of sleep, I had done enough late activities with my older brother that I knew how to manage on limited amounts of rest. There was a strong desire to speak with someone about my dream, but I stayed silent fearing what others would think and say. While I did not feel the memories were troubling, I still occasionally wondered about them during the day hoping to understand any message being sent by my unconscious mind.

Having a baseball teammate ask me if I was learning to play the guitar bothered me in that it was pointed out how the tips of my fingers were calloused. That had me think of the disturbing sensations when my equestrian self was shoed. While I found my hands usable during the day, the calloused tips bothered me with the feeling that once again asleep my appendages would end in hooves.

Thinking about some girls, another memory from the previous night bothered me. As a horse I had long hair. The brushing I received after arriving at the mansion clearly informed me that my mane dropped beyond the side of my neck and I clearly remembered my tail coming close to touching the ground. Thinking about those around me that had long hair gave me concern when I remembered having had to pee while outside the mansion. Something about the experience just did not seem right. Upon awaking, there had been relief not to be in a wet bed, but what truly bothered me was how I had performed the deed while as a horse. Suddenly I found thinking of girls to bother me more than usual.

I had considered simply staying up all night, but found myself unable to remain conscious. As I started to enjoy a certain action movie, I felt my head grabbed and the bridle placed over it. I then fell to land on my hoofed feet with the voice of the lady commanding me to begin moving. Shocked at again being in the dream, I thought to check my equestrian body. I felt the rider on my back, but what bothered me was not being able to look at the bottom of my feet. Try as I might, my front legs did not have the range of motion of my arms and hands. While the actions of the one on my back were not harmful, I again found myself unable to consider any option except to obey.

It bothered me that I was the same horse with the same rider and brought along the same road to the same mansion. The same blacksmith tended to me. While I had heard of dreams that repeated their events exactly, from my experience the mind usually never got things exactly correct. While the words of the lady and blacksmith were not an exact repeat of the previous night, they were close enough. I however did not feel myself constrained to repeat any actions once given time on my own. I moved about to look at other parts of the property. Everything seemed real and not a dream. Only the hope that I would be ridden back and returned in the same manner as the previous night had me move to the lady when she came from the mansion.

Unlike the previous night, the lady came from the house after only a short period. Instead of riding me, she instead took my reins and stepped before me while holding them. What I saw at first looked strange, although I came to understand she expected me to perform some movements. It would have helped if she explained, but she did not talk to me. The only actual words I heard was in a moment of what I could tell was frustration with her saying she needed to find a name for me. That had me wonder if she knew who she had condemned to being a horse. She however regained her composure and again started her actions. I came to recognize certain sounds, not even words, as commands I was being trained to respond to. I felt the pull of the reins, but from the front they did not actually work to control me. I however remembered how well the lady could dominate me when on my back. Understanding that I would have her upon me when given these commands, I accepted that I had no choice but to perform the lessons. While I had a period of freedom the night before, there was also the knowledge of finding myself as nothing more than a horse. Again only being able to act as an animal, I spent my time associating words with actions understanding that I had little choice but to spend my time with the lady obeying her.

On the journey from the estate she had me turn a lot. This had me work on using my arms and legs as the appendages of the animal. While I had found a gait to move me comfortably, now I had to fully acclimate myself to being a four-legged animal. In the middle of my movements the lady began to adjust her seat forcing me to keep my balance, which further stressed how to use my arms and legs to keep my equestrian body standing. I found the journey causing me to think of my body as being that of a horse, and that really troubled me about what I was experiencing.

The next day I looked up dreams on the internet. The teacher in charge of the school paper accepted my story of having some really bizarre experiences, so wanted to learn more about the mind while asleep. What I really hoped to find was advice on how to gain control over one's unconscious state. I did actually find some advice on the internet, but it was not in a fashion that I felt applied to my situation.

Taking a chance, I mentioned the dreams to my mother that evening. She spoke of strange dreams she had growing up. It was a nice conversation, but I gained no advice. My mother clearly felt that whatever I was dreaming would come to an end leaving me with only some bizarre memories that would never provide any real experience. Not feeling that I gained any useful information, I went to my room to look up more stuff about dreams on the internet hoping something would give me a method of freeing himself from being a horse.

The fact that nothing worked did not surprise me. What did bother me was finding my body to respond to the simple commands from the lady. At first I did need to listen, and after not obeying properly a couple of times she stopped to hold my reins as she stood before me and went through the lessons again. When she returned to my back, she had me go through the routines only able to hear the associated sounds. I found myself losing faith in what I hoped was a method of escaping my dream, and actually accepting myself as being a horse. After a few tugs on my reins or kicks to my side I felt it better to catch the commands and respond. On the long journey to the estate I set my mind to again try some of the things I had read on the internet, although what I found was my body acting on the sounds of the lady while my conscious mind was active on something else. Worried at how quickly I was adjusting to my life as a horse, I could not help but start feeling scared.

After reaching the estate, the lady had me kneel, roll over, and perform some other tricks with these also associated with certain sounds. The actions did help me learn some things of my equestrian body I had yet to test. There was the realization that I was being taught further commands that I had no choice but to obey. I however considered these stunts as just more proof of being a four-legged animal, and that this lady was my owner. Wondering about the other horses in the stables, I performed the tricks while thinking about who I might contact to help me end these experiences.

I ran most of the journey back. She kept commanding me to rush forward, and I found myself learning to breathe as I became comfortable at the faster pace. Every time I slowed down, I was forced to go through the entire series of actions in a different order causing me to instinctively recognize certain sounds as the command for a certain performance. As if my pause to do the routines was enough to enable me to recuperate, the lady would then again give me the signal to run.

The next day I did put in a request at the school to speak to a counselor. I again spoke to the teacher over the school paper, and she referred me to speak to someone with more experience. I did not know what anyone might know to help me, but put in the request for time with the counselor hoping someone at the school might provide some advice.

Again finding myself in the body of a horse, I set my thoughts to remembering everything I could in order to have the facts to relate to the counselor. It again bothered me when I caught myself hearing what the lady commanded and responding as taught. I however could not think of how resisting the commands would help me. I in fact felt that being able to repeat the commands and what was expected of me would help my case against the lady.

This night she directed me off the usual path. I obeyed, as I knew the demeaning feeling of finding my resistance to be overpowered. I thought it strange to be brought to a river, but finding no tug on my reins informing me to turn I went into the water. The hope I had was that the liquid would wake me up. There was a fright in realizing that I was advancing to where the ground dropped beneath me, but calmed myself in realizing that my rapidly paddling feet did keep my head above water. Before I could lose hope, I again felt something beneath me and found myself leaving the river on the other bank. The shock of the cold water and the fright of drowning had not brought me out of what I was hoping was a dream. Hearing the voice of my rider actually speak to me as she directed me through some trees let me know that I had no choice but to spend my time as a beast of burden.

"Good. As you have learned, you have no choice but to obey. You are a horse. You are my horse, and by now you should realize that I have the power over you. However, I mean you no harm. You will have a good life with me. There however is more that you need to learn. We are coming toward some bushes. I want you to jump over them."

The fact she spoke to me surprised me. Feeling a kick I understood the command to speed up. I had been set to run so often that I found my body to automatically respond. My mind however became concerned seeing bushes ahead. I really did not know how to jump. The stunts the previous night did not include that action. I found myself worried about the harm of simply plowing through the bushes, so quickly considered how I might perform a jump. Luckily, I had been a horse for enough nights to have some understanding about how to move. The jump was not high, but I had to admit that it was a pretty good first attempt. The lady did not speak, but turned my head to some more bushes. Feeling her kick again, I knew that I was expected to get better.

Jumping as a horse was not the same as jumping as a person. The experience I had moving as the animal did help me understand some of the physical attributes of the form. As with my human body, most of the power of the horse was in the rear legs. What I had to do with my front legs was just give some lift to direct the power of the back appendages in the proper direction. I did have difficulty coming down without falling. Like with the water, there was an initial fear in the new situation, but eventually I found myself comfortable jumping as a horse.

After a period, the one on my back directed me to a meadow. I felt the size of the grassy field would be used to have me really pick up speed for an especially high or long jump. The one on my back however dropped off, then came around to grab my head.

"Just want you to understand something," she said before taking off my bridle, "you are as I had you become. The bridle was part of the original magic, but the transformation is complete now. You are a horse, and you are my horse."

I tried to state a rebuttal, but all that came out were sounds of the animal. I stopped to look at her assuming she understood. While I sounded like a horse, what I suspected from what I read on the internet was this form was only an illusion. Her elderly face just looked at me with a smile, then seeing that I went quiet she stated her condemnation.

"I cannot understand you. I do know horses, but not how to talk their language. I did more to you than simply put you in the body of a horse. That allows me to possibly do more with you in the future, but I want you to understand that you are a horse. I have a need for you, and with it done I might allow you to serve me in other manners. However, I want you to clearly understand that you should be looking at a future as only an animal."

Hearing myself snort let me know that speaking against what she said would be useless. She held her place as if expecting me to make more sounds. Seeing me stay silent and still, she said some more.

"There is grass. I know that you haven't been eating that in my yard, but you might as well learn to like it, as that is what horses eat. It really has no effect on your fate, and you will need the energy. There is water over there. I am going to take a break, and you might as well refresh yourself as well."

It frustrated me not to have options. I did spend some time attempting the mental tricks that I had read on the internet, but none of those had me wake up, change the conditions of the dream, or otherwise affect my state. I went into the water to get some of the clearer liquid away from the shore. The sensation of cold had me shiver, but did not wake me. While it did bother me, I went ahead and tried the grass. Frustrated at having to be a horse, I ate while wondering what options I had.

When the lady came back, she had a small saddle. I wanted to complain, but by now had done enough to accept that whatever I did would not change the fact that I was a horse. Hoping that this really was a dream I allowed the saddle to be put on me. Compared to having the bridle returned to my head, the strap around my torso was not constraining at all.

I thought different about the saddle when she climbed on my back. While the lady had never lost her seat on me, having a secure place on my body had her willing to vary her commands even more than before. She had me jump only to do a sharp turn when back on the ground. I had to move backwards, then I found myself rearing up as I saw horses do on shows. While I did some things that I did not feel comfortable performing, I felt no shifting of the lady from her place in the saddle.

Once back on the road, I spent time doing loops, then dashing ahead only to feel my head pulled back having me come to a complete stop and kneel. She had me run fast while steering me from one side of the path to the other. With her kicking me to run ever faster she had me take a curve at full speed. While before she had proven her control over me, with her seating secure in the saddle she let me know the range of commands I would have to obey. While the time spent had me even more comfortable in the equestrian form, knowing that I was nothing but an animal did not have me feeling good at all.

I was very tired upon reaching the mansion. Going through the gates I felt relief in not having her direct me away from the blacksmith. Glad to have a chance to rest, I waited for the soothing brush of the man. Feeling the lady drop from my back I found myself looking forward to the quiet period when she usually went into the mansion.

The commands of the lady however were voice with a calmer tone. "Take off the saddle and bridle, then brush her down."

The blacksmith stated his acceptance of the orders. I then felt the lady grab the bridle that had yet to be removed. I dropped my head at her pull to hear the lady softly state some words to me.

"I know this is your day off. Last night was Friday, and today your family is about doing things. Sorry if you had other plans, but you are mine. Enjoy your first whole day as my horse."

I wanted to get angry, but understood my equestrian body just had no way to work out the emotions. While I felt like stomping around, my experiences with the lady had me stand still while the blacksmith did his job. Feeling my coat brushed did remove some of my tensions. Looking into the blackness of the stables had me retain my anger while wondering when my equestrian body would be placed in a stall.

As if noticing where I was looking, the blacksmith said, "Oh, there are ladies of a different kind in there. That is not a place for one such as you. Don't know where Lady Esmeralda got you from, but she is right not to have me place you in with the nightmares. I guess you are a daymare, huh? Lady Esmeralda told me that your name was Nancy. That is a sweet name."

I looked at the blacksmith wondering about what the man said. He had not acted as if he was unintelligent. I however had to recall the lady saying the name, but I had assumed it to be just another odd sound she was using to command me. I allowed that the purpose for a female name was simply to further demean me, although then had to consider how well the blacksmith brushed my body. Feeling him handle my tail, I felt that a matter of gender should have been obvious. I then found myself feeling a need to pee, and something about what I did not feel had me wondering if the name Nancy did indeed apply to me.

A day with nothing to do had me feel sorry for the animals I had seen in the fields or fenced in a yard. Of course, they had lives of only being simple creatures. I did not feel right wasting time simply standing around. My appendages however did not move as human arms and legs. Speaking to only hear the sounds of a horse did not bring me any comfort. Just to pass the time, recognizing that I had a tail caused me to see what I could do with it. I found myself able to move the lengthy mass of hair coming from my rear almost as easy as I performed any other action with my body. I laid down to sleep and noticed that I could not curl up in the usual manner. Waking up I found myself needing to rise as a horse instead of from a bed. In no manner could I dispel the illusion of being an animal, and with nothing to do I ate some of the grass in the yard.

I did not feel that this mind was that of a horse. While my brain easily redirected commands to work with the equestrian form, my thoughts still seemed to be my own. I could remember everything from my other life. Nothing about my present mental processing seemed different than when I lived life as a man. I looked around concluding that while I might be a horse physically, my human mind could still work to hopefully come up with a resolution to my alternate life.

As time passed, I found no change in my situation and no concept about how to change my predicament. Nothing I did gave me any option except to act as a horse. Just to overcome my boredom I practiced lying down and getting back up. I went through the set of physical routines I had learned just to test things about my equestrian body, although it troubled me to also think of the sounds I had been taught to associate with the action. I turned my head and watched as I found myself truly able to direct my tail even though it was an appendage that my human body did not have. Finally tiring with the activity, I found myself still in the situation of being a horse.

Having the body of an animal I felt was much more of a prison than my location. Looking at the mansion, I had to conclude that the lady riding me must have thought the same, because she had not restrained me in any manner. The gate was open, so I could have easily left the estate. I however passed the time standing in the yard and eating the grass accepting that I had no way to remove the body of the horse presently acting as the real prison.

A number of children, most very young, came out of the house, and they rushed to me clearly stating their interest in the animal in their front yard. I kept myself still as they approached hoping that I would not be put in a position of needing to harm a young one. A man that the others treated as the older sibling told the children to be nice to the mare, as she needed to learn about her new surroundings. I did not like being called Nancy or being referred to as a girl, but appreciated that nothing happened that forced me to have to take action to a child.

Hearing a sound, I went to my knees. The children squealed with delight and I felt hands in my mane. The young lady, I suspected younger than me, also made a pleased sound and came to hug my head as she asked a question.

"Ralph, mother has been training her?"

The elder male, probably not much older than me, replied, "She said it necessary for the reason she was acquired."

The young lady had the children move away, then she gave me other commands. I obeyed actually feeling some pleasure in hearing the cheerful sounds from those around me. After doing some routines, the young lady came to hug my neck.

"Oh, Nancy is so much better than the nightmares."

Ralph replied, "Now, Doris, there are rules to Nancy right now."

"How about afterward?"

"You will have to talk to mother about that."

"Oh, I will."

I felt the lady hug me again, then kiss me before heading back into the mansion. The children also touched me in various ways before Ralph herded them back into the house. Feeling that to have been a nice distraction to my day, I looked to the mansion wondering how many people lived inside.

Finally, the elder lady was seen to leave the house and approach. As she did so, she signaled to the blacksmith. He approached carrying the saddle and bridle, although stopped at the edge of the grass to speak the name she had given me along with the sound associated with a certain command.

I wanted to refuse, but understood that it would serve me no purpose. As long as I was here, I was a horse. As strange as it might sound, I wanted to be ridden back to my other life. The day had proven to me that I could not do anything in my present form that would adequately benefit me or my situation. I thus walked over to allow myself to continue to serve the purpose as the lady's mount.

Gaining the reins from the blacksmith, the lady dismissed him, then spoke after he had moved off. "A mare is such a gentle animal. You are exactly what I need. You could have been a problem, but it seems that I made the right decision with you. I hope you like the name Nancy, as it is now yours."
Back to top Go down
TerishD

TerishD

Male

PostSubject: Chapter Six   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Six

Morgan:
Trying Not to be Nancy

I came awake almost amazed to be back in my human body. Almost with fear I went to check myself in the bathroom. Seeing things as they should be did not bring me relief, but just being back in my human body had me feel that I needed to do whatever I could to regain full control of my life.

I prepared for church wondering about things with my alternate life. While I remembered doing things as the horse, none of those activities were evident. My family strangely did not speak of missing me, but just spoke of me sleeping through the previous day. I thought it strange that they let me lie there. My bed was not wet either from my experience with the river or certain physical releases. I also did not feel hungry. While I felt rested, there was a pain as if I had been exercising my muscles and not the usual sluggishness of having slept for an entire day. Hoping for a plan that might save me, I prepared for church hoping that as I met with others I might figure out how to rescue myself.

That night I found myself saddled as soon I exited the mist that surrounded me during the transition between my separate lives. The lady then had me carry her along the land to the side of the road. I had to work my way up and down slopes, through some rough terrain, and generally manage in situations where I could not be certain of my footing. I tried to ignore being called Nancy along with some other things the lady said while I focused on the problems of keeping my body upright. Her words were only those of speaking to an animal, which was stressed upon coming to a meadow and having the lady have me again go through certain lessons of associating certain sounds with certain actions. While I assumed she would continue to accept that there was an intelligent mind in the animal, I eventually returned to the mist understanding that she wanted me to understand that I was going to live as a horse.

Arriving at school the next day, I found Shirley to inform me that I was scheduled for a meeting with the school counselor. I mentioned being glad to see her. She did smile, but said nothing about us finding time to speak further. Hoping that she would not think bad about me needing to speak to the counselor, I went on his way.

Dr. Jasper Amberling had been an officer in the Navy. While I had never needed his services, I had heard Captain Blaylock mention first meeting Dr. Amberling on board a ship. I had been told the man could be trusted, so felt willing to go into as much detail as requested of my dreams.

The counselor listened as I related the entire series of events. I did start out by warning Dr. Amberling that the facts would be bizarre. He just shrugged while telling me to say what I felt was necessary. At no time did the counselor speak of the words as being fanciful, but in fact spoke of appreciating certain details I mentioned. I wondered just how the doctor would be able to help, but I did feel relief that I was listened to. As I recounted the events of my life as a horse, there was a hope that I would not be forced to continue to take on this challenge alone.

At the end of the tale, I stopped to try and word a questions to the counselor. I however felt myself being grabbed. The touch however came upon a shoulder, and not my head. While I found myself landing as a horse, the one before me was a large man and not the woman that had been controlling me. I turned my body to look at him wishing I could ask him some questions.

He said, "Yes, Esmeralda has really done you wrong. Her situation is however one that is allowed, as she needs to gain a wife for her boy somehow. She of course is taking her liberties to extremes, but as long as she does not actually harm you she will not be stopped. Now, your hope is that she only has license as long as it is to achieve a certain objective. Once that objective is gained, her period of grace will be finished. She will thus have to make a decision with you. Her aim will surely be to retain control over you. What you need to understand is that there are some things men were not meant to know. If you cannot make sense of that, hopefully you can luck out and avoid your fate anyway." The man approached to grab my head, then said, "Oh, I was Army, but we all serve to fight a common cause. I will do all I can to help with your situation. Now, wake up."

Dr. Amberling turned from a standing position, then demanded, "Where did you go?"

I felt a need to keep things focused on what facts could be verified. "I wasn't here?"

"No, Morgan. Well, uh, no." The counselor went to check a file before saying, "Morgan? Morgan Neblett, I seemed to have simply forgot you existed for a time."

"Are you recording this?"

The adult pointed to the corners of his room while stating a fact. "As a professional working with a minor, everything here is to stay confidential. While I would at times prefer a recording for my own protection, it is not allowed."

Hoping the recent event would help prove my story while providing more evidence, I said, "Okay, but since I told you everything else, let me tell you this as well."

After hearing the new experience, Dr. Amberling said, "Okay, but I really do not know how I can help you. Right now the evidence is just that you are having bizarre dreams."

I felt some dejection in hearing that conclusion, but had to say, "Just being able to speak to someone is a help, but if I do come to you with what I feel is evidence, will you do what you can to work with me?"

"I can assure you of that."

I felt better as I left the psychiatrist. Not only had the man simply listened to me, but even after all the crazy talk had been willing to offer further help. I felt that the counselor appreciated my position in that I did not come into his office with a bunch of crazy ideas and demands. Having the man only listen to me with no other requirements until something sensible got stated was an acceptable solution. I understood upon leaving that the burden was still on me to figure out how to deal with his situation.

Coming home I thought about burning the tips of my fingers to possibly remove the shoes. I actually touched my left little finger to the stove, but removed it unsure if it was the shoes or the hard layer of skin that prevented me from registering any pain. Looking up blacksmithy and the process of shoeing a horse on the internet did not help me make any decisions. The nails holding the protection for the feet were to go into what would be the hard dead growth, what in humans were nails, of the appendages. No real harm to living tissue would occur. I however looked at the tips of my fingers remembering the painful sensations when my equestrian body was shoed.

This night I was again directed through the river then commanded to jump a few times. After a number of flights over bushes I was put through a series of steps that I accepted as simply a test of me remembering all the commands I had been taught. While I seriously wanted to disobey, I did not want to learn how the lady would punish a horse. I however found myself wondering what more of the life of a horse I would be forced to learn as I was directed back across the river.

Seeing the yellowish-tan buggy with blue tassels did not please me. Feeling the bridle taken off my head before the lady dropped down brought me no relief, as I expected the commands to put me in position to pull the vehicle. Indeed I was directed in that manner, and I obeyed still not having an option except to be a horse. Having a harness connected to my form had me feel more like an animal, but as a beast of burden I understood that I had no option but to please the lady and pull the buggy.

She did not speak any threats, actual or implied. Her words to me were those to a mare named Nancy. Not really caring what was said to me, and understanding that it would do me no good to try and talk back, I simply stood still while feeling the movement of the harnesses indicate that she was climbing into the vehicle. While I heard the crack of a whip, she did not actually harm me. Considering the words of the Army man, I considered attempting have the lady actually hurt me, but took off pulling the vehicle thinking it would not be to my advantage to start encouraging the lady to actually act on any threats.

The pull of the reins of the buggy was different than those of a rider. The way the vehicle responded to my movements also needed to be learned. I actually felt that I deserved some harsh words a couple of times, although being called Nancy and spoken to as a dumb animal did not help my attitude. I however fully understood that I could not work against my situation, so did what I could to learn how to properly power the buggy.

Arriving at the mansion, the lady came out of the buggy to only speak to the blacksmith. "I don't have much time. Brush her down. Give her a few minutes to graze and drink some water, then hook her back up."

Feeling the straps released connecting me to the buggy, I could only stand still as the blacksmith began talking to me as if only a horse. "Well, Miss Nancy, I really did not figure you for a buggy horse. Lady Esmeralda however said that you were a special animal, and I guess she was right. I guess that justifies her wanting to breed you. Sent Ralph into Dreamland to find a stallion worthy of you. Supposedly there are some centaurs hired to bring the animal here."

Those words did not please me, but it did intrigue me. Being a female horse was one thing, but being impregnated was surely something a man was not supposed to know. Since I could not speak, I spent my time considering what other options would be presented to me once whatever task the lady had for me had been performed. Wanting to prepare myself for what words would be said to me to hopefully entice me to stay in the lady's power, I worked to forecast what future options I thought might be presented to me.

Arriving back where the buggy had been gained, the lady had me stop so she could remove it. She did not saddle me, but without any indication of having a poor seat she sent me through the river then had me again make a few jumps. Again I was not allowed to rest in the meadow, but directed back along the route to where I would be released.

Not really having a chance to rest, I awoke physically tired and not just feeling the lack of sleep. I thought about taking the day off. While the lady had mentioned knowing about the days of the week, nothing was said about me spending time with the school counselor or the other person. I felt that she had some awareness of my real life, but only in a general nature. Not wanting to display any real pattern of being disturbed by my nightly activities, I went to school thinking of what other things I might do to take back my life.

I listened for others to call me Nancy while I went through my schedule. I felt someone with so much control over a person usually could not help but do things to assert their dominance in other ways. No sign of the lady being a part of my normal life however occurred, but I went through my day as a regular student without anyone mentioning a reference to my equestrian life.

This night I was again harnessed to a buggy. As had happened with my other movements, I was sent off the road to test my ability on rough terrain. What the earlier lessons had taught me was that it was not my place to think. I was to obey. However rough the ground appeared, I was to advance where directed. There was some pleasure in hearing the lady complain at times about the quality of her ride, but I felt no complaints directed at me as I pulled the buggy where she commanded me to go.

Coming back to the road, the one controlling me had me trot until a young lady in a lovely orange dress could be seen. I remembered her as the one who was so pleased with me. I saw her wave, and assumed the one in the buggy waved back. It then surprised me to hear the old lady actually say words to me.

"Nancy, it seems that you are going to learn just how much I control your life. You are my horse. That is my oldest daughter. School and other things about your life are not important to me, and you need to realize that they are not important to you. My oldest daughter wants you to pull her buggy to a social. I feel the experience will be good for both of you. The trip should be enough to get you used to your fate. Hope that you enjoy the experience, as it is now your life."

I found some pleasure in recognizing the young lady waiting for me to come to her was attractive. However much my body might have been that of a mare, I felt that my mind had not changed at all. The elder woman spoke some general instructions as she turned over the vehicle to her daughter, which helped me remember her having the name Doris. Finding her to spend the time affixing a yellow hat to between my ears and weaving flowers into my mane did not help my attitude, although I did feel some pleasure in just being in the presence of the young lady.

Stepping back to look over her conveyance, Doris said, "Nancy is a lovely animal. It will be so much better having her than one of the nightmares."

The elder lady replied, "Well, right now I have a need for her, so you cannot prolong your stay with your friends. The day after your social you need to come back. Also, you cannot treat Nancy as you would a nightmare. You be kind and gentle to her."

"Yes, Mother."

I felt that I understood the purpose of having me pull the daughter's buggy. The young lady did not know me as a man. She only knew me as a mare named Nancy. Doris's treatment of me might have been similar to that of the one that transformed me, but the young lady did not have any ulterior motive. I had no choice but to understand that in this reality I was nothing but a horse with the purpose of having me serve Doris to have me accept my fate as an animal.

There was also none of the variety I had in the things the elder lady had me do. I did nothing but trot down the road. While there were stops, I had no other option but to drink as a horse, eat grass as a horse, then go back to pulling the buggy for the young lady.

It troubled me that evening when Doris took a bath in the river, as the young lady had no concern that I watched. It however was not her freedom of being naked in my presence that bothered me. What really troubled me was not to sense any reaction from my body. Having full frontal nudity I felt should cause some reaction, especially with what was going on in my mind, but my equestrian form stood passive. Up to that point I had felt myself to be a man trapped in the body of a mare, and I became troubled realizing that I was a mare with only the memories of being a man.

That understanding was driven into me as I became just another horse at a major gathering of people. While Doris went off chatting with friends, I was brushed down then placed in a stall. The horses did not speak with each other. I did try saying 'Hello' and other greetings, but all that came out were the sounds of a horse with none of the other animals replying, much less in a manner that I understood. The feeling of solitude became pronounced upon being released into a field with the other horses. The animals provided no companionship. While as a person I could pet them, talk to them, and generally gain some sense of being with another living soul, as a horse I found myself with no actual way to socialize with the gathering of other similar animals.

While the time of being with Doris was probably intended to ingrain into me the complete facts of my transformation into an animal, it instead had me understand just now necessary it was for me to figure out a method of restoring my life as a man. I might have only been another horse in the stables, but I began to see myself as a prisoner who had no other option except to find the weakness in the barrier surrounding me. With the intent of freeing myself from the transformation, I began using my time of solitude as an animal to consider everything about my situation.

The elder lady was waiting along the road I knew well. She helped her daughter release the straps holding me to the buggy with the two females chatting without any remarks being made to me. Doris did speak of being pleased to have the use of Nancy, but the comments were made to her mother. I waited while the two talked thinking that the best chance for an escape was when the guards were not attentive to the prisoners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 1 (1-6) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Page 1 of 1