Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Empty33%the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Empty67%the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 12 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 12 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+7
HYdraMStar
Leaka
Kellycakes
TerishD
Snacker
Urs
fleamailman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Topscribbler-1
fleamailman

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-01-17

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 5:16 am

the goblin was always anonymous, so really whether he was liked, hated, or whatever didn't matter to that goblin persona he always portrayed himself as, he goblin explained "...sooner or later, I am just haunted by those three questions again, "so what have you actually written for all this posting then", "and what has one learned from the replies and comments too" and "well then, what have you seen of yourself from what you have posted"...”, pausing for a moment, the goblin went back into the kitchen to make another coffee, a dull workday morning was his unavoidable encroaching reality now, so the goblin's only escape could be to cast his mind elsewhere since his family depended on his continued surrender to this present situation, to this society, and just to this living too, even if all those were just compromises on their terms for their rewards, well that much at least was unavoidably clear to him by now, "...ah but, as strange as it may sound, my mind up to a point has a choice of being "aware, unaware, here, or elsewhere", so what if I could master this choice then as something against that all too mundane reality of mine, while also slowly producing a stored body of posts somewhere that thwarts those three haunting questions again, surely that would be reason enough to post here, wouldn't it mortals..." concluded the goblin as the clock just ushered him on now to society's bidding once more, the goblin retorts to the clock "...lift anchor, rig the mind to "elsewhere" boson, and steady as she daydreams then..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 5:18 am

"...agreed, the world of adults wants lies far more than it wants the truth here, since that innocence of childhood is no longer acceptable to our reason at this point, so we just seek loopholes to our reason then, it's as if we can see that great financial crash coming this fall, and think that if we just sit tight, it will blow over and go away, somehow knowing that, even at best, we are just stoking the flames with more investment for some later crash then, the loopholes are "bailouts, or someone else's problem, or I could be wrong then" but what does your reason tell you at this point mortals..." said the goblin who was only using this as one easy example of many out there, in fact, without lies this world of adults collapses into a chaos of honesty and despair, he continued "...oh no, lie to me please, as my mundane "dailylife" is ample proof of truth of my slavery to it, I want out and yet I can't escape from myself can I, so lies and distraction will suffice then..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 5:28 am

the goblin thought that all these forums were like parallel universes, each one having a different set of creatures though, so the goblin simply explained that, whereas most people here saw one "last post" thread amongst the many other threads on their site, the goblin himself saw 50 "last post" threads in his one email inbox, "...in the end, the point of this exercise is to create matched posts from raw replies here...", that is any raw reply, those in brackets, that the goblin makes which he likes, he then edits into a post with matching picture, whereupon he then reposts the now "matched post" back to the thread forcing him to correct those typos something he would never get round to doing if he just tucked away the "matched posts" in some blog, "...simply these "last post" threads push me to produce "matched posts" from those raw replies then, that's all..." mentioned the goblin forgetting to add that he also took that "last post" last place on the thread in the process, so there was that win too, "...MYAHAHAHAHAHA, why so silent mortals..." he went as he just remembered how many times he had lost till this moment again

Last edited by fleamailman on April 6th 2009, 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 3:19 am

the goblin noted that those people who portray themselves on the Internet, as they do in "dailylife", are often the least imaginative people, because they run the risk of being tracked down by someone for whatever reason, and because "attraction is based on mystic" and lastly because "who can trust someone if that same person is portraying their own details openly, so the goblin simply said "...honesty is the world of children, adults use discretion till there's no choice, whereas adolescents go through various rebellious guises until they figure this out for themselves, so "the truth" is just like money and those "in the know" have something over those "in the dark" and yet how we clamor to know for ourselves until we do, and then we either file it under "discretion" where it's acceptable to us, or under "self deception" where the truth is just too true for our liking..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 6:50 am

"pot smoking" in Switzerland

"...although it is not legal here in the canton of Geneva, it is tolerated by both the police and the authorities, meaning that one can smoke it, grow it for personal use, and carry up to 500grams of it on one, so the only thing which is illegal is its commercialization here, meaning that one can't buy or sell it..." mentioned the goblin adding the next bit "...in fact, the net result of the placing on responsibility on the individual's shoulders, together with the mass information underlining the memory loss, the cancer of the tongue cases, the newly discovered relationship of cannabis to schizophrenia, without even mentioning the effects it has on relationships, friends, family and work, etc., has been it sharp decline in its use here, simply "if the police are going to let them do it, then the kids lose interest soon enough"..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 6:52 am

repost from "coke or pepsi" thread elsewhere

"...can't tell the difference, now if it were the original formula, with its green color and cocaine content, then one might think of it as some real drink, but as it is, beyond the taste which is individual preference period, how can one argue "the one" over "the other" unless someone can prove to me the importance of something other that the taste here..." mentioned the goblin who then added a plug "this post was brought to you care of coffee and the wondrous effects of caffeine"
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2009, 6:17 pm

in fact the goblin was beginning to appreciate American English more and more with words like "whatever", "...oh yes, whatever and ever amen, oh and "God bless Americever" then..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2009, 6:17 pm

repost from elsewhere

somehow the goblin couldn't understand why his simply mentioning that on this Easter morning although he had risen the mommies hadn't gets his post pulled at the woman's interest's site, surely the goblin had got up and the mommies were still sleeping or they would have replied to his post by now
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2009, 6:18 pm

"...life is a series of shocks to me..." mentioned the goblin, only a day or so after the hold up at the "money exchange" across from his work place, one with that usual "someone just walking into the exchange, asking for the money at gunpoint, and then escaping on a stolen motorbike", no, what was unusual was that it happened at all, simply events like these don't happen in safe Switzerland, so times had changed it seemed, and yet, what with the gathering of the gypsies in their ever larger numbers, the lack of snow in Winter, and Summer's insufferable heat, Geneva, the goblin had to admit to himself, was different now, "...it's as if this accumulation of little changes over the years that, although insignificant in themselves and too gradual to really notice, had suddenly had one waking up to the shock of it all...", somehow the goblin's life simply seems ever to straddle this mental fault-line of his own complacency, and then bang, a new landscape appears out of the old, and his bearings have to be reset to the new norm again
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2009, 6:18 pm

the goblin wakes at six, an hour or so before the rest of his family but it is really just a short period to be alone with his thoughts, and the sky outside this morning is unbroken cloud, somehow the goblin equates himself to being under this cloud then in his wish to think beyond his "dailylife", meaning work and family, not that he didn't dislike them, just that there are times when he remembered that there is something above and beyond them
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 4:12 pm

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Triple posting [or more, I didn't check] doesn't make your winning anymore definite.

no, in fact the goblin noted that, if anything, his multiposting made his losing more definite, since the score was always the same, saying "...so don't count other people's posts, don't care who has or hasn't posted too, think about what matters most here "what in your life is worth posting" and go with that..." but the goblin often saw this thread more as his journey to self, somehow knowing that it was through making many posts that the type of person one is shows, adding "...each to his own journey then..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 4:20 pm

repost from elsewhere, thread closed at troll site

the goblin liked everyone but always held to the idea of “where edited, leave off posting”, saying “...something to do with wasted effort perhaps, but since my posting time is limited, I feel that I should post on those sites which don't try to constrain me by either pulling my posts or by locking the thread unexpectedly, rather than to those site that do just that that is, that's all...”, the goblin was thinking back to the idea that “every post is a gift until proved poisoned”, adding “...so if they want to edit me, then they can post in my place, just how vast is this Internet anyway MYAHAHAHAHA...”
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 12:37 pm

"...ah mortals, the moment you talk about belief you simply don't know do you however much you may believe in it, but can you argue that "facing the slot" like this is not a "journey to self" then, so why do you try to believe when you can know for sure if you keep at it, because you won't find it outside yourselves, simply your "dailylife" will show you your outer self, while your facing the slot like this will show you what lies within, that's all..." ventured the goblin, adding "...when you look out at the night's sky, you think you see the infinite, you don't, you only see some galaxies, so when you look at the screen here you might as well think you see some infinite for all you actually see, and if you close your eyes too, it's the same amount of infinite you see as staring at those far stars again, so knowing this, the point is not "what one sees" at all, it's taking the time out of ones "dailylife" to contemplate the infinite, and finding ones own way to do so..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 12:38 pm

the goblin flicked over his thoughts like cards, one by one by one, the rain, though never strong, had fallen unabated since the morning many hours back now, the bistro lunch-hour had the goblin thinking about something had read almost by accident, "...so it wasn't a suicide pact, or even a suicide for that matter, they had been assassinated in all likelihood, and the crime covered up, why, because the investigation would have either pointed the finger of blame at Hungarian separatists, or to one of Austria's enemies Prussia or France perhaps, in a time where Austria's internal weakness was apparent...", the slot was listening equally shocked it seemed, "...goblin, lovers don't beat their partner to death, Rudolf would never have killed her in that way, and yet those police forensics were clear stating that Mary died of being beaten to death and that he had died of gunshot wounds after a struggle, ah but with whom then, so it had been an assassination, the Crown Prince didn't die in some lover's pact at all...", "...it means Slot..." the goblin continued looking up from the table "..."politics before truth" here, that whoever wanted this event to have repercussions, failed because the royal line of succession had many replacements, simply it was covered up in a way that the later assassination of his cousin Ferdinand in 1914 couldn't be, the history books are full of convenient lies then, and no one now wants to believe the truth when the lie is so much more romantic, but that's humans for you..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2009, 10:22 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin is in Montreux and has just entered this bistro because in has seen those tux linux logo images in the window, having sat down he asks about linux operating system as opposed to windows operating system to the barman, who then replies "...pretty penguins images aren't they, no that's our children's menu...", "....oh yes, well they're very pretty..." lies the goblin, feeling that somehow that search for "Intelligent life" in outer space really has no earthly parallel to correlate to here in Montreux at this moment
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 10:45 am

Quote :
The Zombie Queen decreed that death of all males, that they should be flayed alive and then chopped into small pieces and then burnt.....

the goblin noticed that queenbot had probably had a bad day the graveyard, saying "...just let your boyfriend whisper in your ear how very wicked you really are, and you will feel much better my queen...", the goblin seemed to remember that women like to be appreciated for their finer qualities
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 5:45 pm

the goblin was thinking of the glaciers that push down from the mountain tops, liking them to various factions in history that have vied with one another until this one seemingly stable present day glacier remains, "...two factors then, make up history, "power" and "authority"..." ventured the goblin, understanding that there are countless examples where power has failed to become the resulting authority, and where authority has come about without power, the goblin continued "...oh, it is so easy to see how power works, but authority, my dear mortals, is more subtle as it works on gradual change to the status quo to its own advantage while feeding us with distractions and fears, authority is our acceptance of it, we are bonded to it, and where there is no authority things simply fall into anarchism, a power struggle and then back to some authority once more...", the goblin was only pointing out that to understand the workings of history, this society, or even where one fits into this situation then, one has to ask oneself "where is the authority in all this"
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 5:46 pm

Quote :
The Zombie Queen decreed that the Goblin must die, that he should be flayed alive and then chopped into small pieces and then burnt.....and then if he survives that, it should be repeated until he moves no longer!

the goblin thanked queen bot her passionate suggestions here, though he felt he had to decline the invitation knowing that at his age was against him now, saying "...I am not worthy o great queen but I am sure that someone like the other members here would find that experience ever so sensual then..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 6:21 pm

repost from a goth's "last post" thread

another glorious posting day and the goblin wishes everyone every success in their wish to escape own reality a bit longer, "...you're as rich as everything you don't want..." the goblin ventured, adding "...but you're always poor and alone in "dailylife", simply, this system couldn't survive if you were contented in it, it builds "want" in you and turns people into slaves by creating their own discontent here, buy into it and you are owned by it, the moment your present distraction ends, you crave the next one, and every distraction returns you to your "dailylife" doesn't it...",
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2009, 5:35 pm

“...ah mortals, if you write like a book, one might become more readable in one sense, yes, but it also risks disaster too...” voiced the goblin, explaining “...simply, if one writes “like everyone else”does, then “like everyone else” is how it will turns out to be...”, and perhaps that point alone somehow freed the goblin form something that didn't really work in posts anyway
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2009, 3:54 pm

the goblin was thinking of Janis Joplin who, together with Jimmy Hendrix, formed a tragedy of dying to drugs when they had so much talent, but the truth is that the music industries, and all the other medias for that matter, embrace and profit from those tragedies, for both the fact that people's attention are turned towards to the dead artist, and the fact that the artist is no longer there to get in the way of whatever the producers have in mind for the image they wish to portray here...", and with that the goblin was readying for work again, somehow Geneva, beautiful as it might look in this sunny moment, menaced the goblin's mind with a threat of some inescapable dusty midday heat again, which, if it was like last year, would be unbearable, the muse simply asked "...and how about you goblin, are you tempted by becoming famous, well "in your own absence" that is...", the goblin just laughed, replying "...no way myself, but I bet that that "pact with death" idea crosses every artist's mind at some point, almost like the film plot of "it's a wonderful life" in reverse..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2009, 3:55 pm

repost from some religious thread, elsewhere

"...ah yes, that word "faith" again, but you don't know do you, so what do you actually really know mortals, that you are here, yes, and that your "journey to self", journey to death too, is evident, simply all around you now is indisputable as your "dailylife" is it not, and you could say that you are just the sum total of the trappings of your "dailylife" here..." mentioned the goblin, thinking "dailylife" as ones age, how one looks in the mirror, status, money in the bank, etc., continuing "...but me, I know that I am more than that because I keep facing this slot trying to make posts, not as some religion but as a counter conditioning process to dailylife, that after a while, I just see myself from what I post...", the goblin paused, then concluded "...look "knowing" is all you can go on, and you can make pacts with the faiths, just as you can accept the trappings of "dailylife" as its total, and even amass those trinkets of the moneygod too, but in the end you'll still be asking yourself "where am I in all this", won't you mortal, because "believing" is accepting faith for truth just because you have been told to do so, or that it is written as such somewhere, where in fact your duty is to know, so that "your journey to self" is simply "to know for yourself", not faith then..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2009, 3:55 pm

repost from "and how was your morning" thread, elsewhere

the goblin's morning had been quiet, the email had mentioned that the prostrate cancer had moved to bone now, though what that exactly meant hardly sank in as he now realized that he would have to look after dad from this point on, dad who, in his turn, had spent these last years visiting the goblin's vegetated mum each week in the home, "...could be worse..." the goblin repeated to himself, continuing "...cancer, for all its faults, does at least announce itself, I mean, if it had been a sudden stroke..., ...", the goblin broke off from talking or even thinking about it like that, while outside, it had rained into the morning from yesterday when the goblin had first got this mail then, but the rain had stopped by now, the goblin's mental retrenchment was done, he just checked the expiry date of his passport once more, and so many other mundane travel details, knowing that this would be some sort of last wordless way of saying "thank you" to his parents for his own childhood that is, it had to be
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 10:31 am

repost from elsewhere, reply to someone who had posted

"...thanks..." replied the goblin, continuing "...think of this thread as yours then, a chance to post anything you like and win by it, but the win is short lived as there can only ever be one last post, however don't get bogged down by just tagging the last place here, as it isn't "how often one wins here" that wins one anything much, more like "what one puts into those posts" that one wins out of them, as it shows you "who you are by what you post", simply it's a self benchmark here, you're not really posting against anyone at all bar oneself, and one knows when one is actually posting as opposed to tagging that is..." ventured the goblin who never tagged or, at least, tried not to
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 10:54 am

"...well goblin..." said the slot, calmly continuing "...it's a paradox of course, but one only truly wins here when one is empty inside, nothing left within one that is, otherwise I just laugh waiting for your inevitable return, so perhaps winning outright is admitting some "breaking point" within one...", the goblin didn't reply, the slot then asked "...so goblin are you beat, or are there more posts from you still...", yet the goblin was still shuffling his thoughts like some pack of cards in the evening calm, while outside the sound of the odd distant car, at times, cut into continuous chorus of songbirds and his calculations here, "...I suppose slot, I might try to stop posting if I knew that I wasn't posting for myself anymore..." replied the goblin in a moment of honest selfishness, adding "...but more likely I would just try to find myself again, posting, after all, has to be selfish or it is lying, has to be me or it is not me, and above all, has to show me who I am by what I post or it is just some game then..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next