Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Empty33%the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Empty67%the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 15 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 15 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+7
HYdraMStar
Leaka
Kellycakes
TerishD
Snacker
Urs
fleamailman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Topscribbler-1
fleamailman

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-01-17

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2011, 3:43 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...welcome to our forum here and to forumland in general too..." went the goblin, doing his bit to welcome those who had welcomed him, continuing "...where in fact for all its outward appearance of diversity you'll probably only ever meet four types of humans on forumland here, their being, the ignorant who don't know of your posts, the morons who ignore your posts, the sheep who read your posts, and the nutters who actually reply...", at which point the goblin, who felt that he had covered the topic of forum readership to a tee here, asked "...so does this in-depth analysis get me the nobel prize for literature I wonder..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 George_Bush_Biography1
164 350 2557
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2011, 6:49 am

repost from elsewhere

"...ah now, the reader only ever sees the written words and reads the author's vision from them..." replied the goblin liking the poster indeed, adding "...though, in fact what each reader reads into those written words is individual here, so the reader is blind as I pointed out before as all one ever actually sees here are these letters on a screen that form words in your mind that in their turn form those visions now, so we deal in visions perhaps, ah but that doesn't make it real at all, no it just makes it fiction, where fiction is what is done here because all but none of it can be proved anyway...", and perhaps that was what was meant by virtual reality at this point, and yet didn't most writers deal in virtual reality long before the internet ever came along

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 The_illusionist_11533
164 351 2589
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2012, 11:01 am

repost from "happy new year" thread here

"...nah MYAHAHAHAHA, I'm not wishing you happy new year humans, I'm going to wish you a whooping great hangover for new year's day instead..." went the goblin, explaining "...or just wishing you some reckless youthful recollection of when you once had a whooping great hangover for new year's day that is, and weren't they worth it at the time, even if you don't actually remember what you did nor how you got there now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 T-pierrotjpg
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 9:08 am

repost from elsewhere

"...I suppose that because it's a book, and not a post, it is so different now..." started the gobin now, continuing "...but if for conjecture's sake we were to put "receiving a rejection" in the context of forumland, then moddy becomes that agent where his or her silent treatment would indicate the exact opposite to that drawn in the bookworld, one of an acceptance towards that which is submitted, so, if anything, silent treatment actually becomes silent encouragement by way of that silence, just one accepts the moderation without undue fear of rejection, yet it is clearly publishing all the same being something read by anyone here...", whereupon the goblin appreciated the many posts on this thread for their wise observations, but had also understood that had this been some library book on "the faults of forumland", no one would have bothered to pick it off the shelf for their increasingly limited reading time, yet because it's just a few bite sized posts open for comment upon, its readership speaks for itself, so the goblin just put it this way, saying "...doesn't this all show the difference in direction between the two mediums, where in the bookworld there is too much content chasing too few readers, hence the agent's cold stance, whereas with forumland it's too many readers chasing too little content, hence the forum's welcoming stance...", the goblin was just saying, ever so politely too, that perhaps the writer's focus was all in the wrong direction, that their approach was utterly outdated too, and above all, that those writers only had themselves to blame for their own stubbornness when around them was this sea of forumland readership just crying out for them to use their pens directly upon it

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 52+Cats+are+Stubborn
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 4:25 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...so greece now receives a bailout of 8billion dollars form the IMF, and yet it's deficit of 150% to GDP is about 1.5 trillion dollars here, meaning that that 8billion only pays the interest due on ongoing debt..." mentioned the goblin again noting that nothing has actually been solved by it, everything is merely shelved till later, so this then is our debt crisis in action, simply time and time again some deferment is given out to be an actual solution where in reality it is but a stop gap measure here, adding "...think of the titanic then, yes europe might look like the upper deck here, but in reality those debts are flooding in on all levels, an america that can't contain its military expansionism, all in the name of democracy no less, and a europe on the never never, just a ship of fools if ever there was one on an ocean of debt..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 BedardShipofFools
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2012, 10:42 am

repost from elsewhere, the "introduction section" on a writer's forum

"...well, there you have it then slot..." went the goblin now, continuing "...ample proof that the first sign of madness most probably isn't so much talking to oneself, but addressing another facet of one's personality in a portrayed character here, and then from there inventing yet another character to reply to it now...", whereupon the slot opened its mouth wide in a very "continue goblin, I'm hungry" stance, not really caring what the goblin was talking about just so long as it was edible, so the goblin just continued "...yes slot, jolly good thing that the printing press was invented in my view and that the general level of literacy amongst humans increased from there, I mean, prior to that, most writers were just thought possessed, something resulting in a good bonfire like joan of arc received, which admittedly is overkill in most people's books even if it kept their numbers down...", "...yes goblin, I see your point I suppose but look what happens when we let those writetypes actually delve into their writing, I mean do you think there really are enough writer's forums..., ..." somehow the slot had stopped in mid track, bulking even at thinking upon the notion of some writer's-asylum here, but then finding the strength within to continue, saying "...no, I mean enough places on forumland able to coop with this added influx now, I mean if everyone then turned into writers, there would be no one normal left talk to now, the place would be awash with multi-personality disfunctionals instead...", which was why their eyes then turned towards the new member xxxxx here, perhaps he was still normal now, their hopes were high indeed as they welcomed him hither

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Teletubbies5
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 5:37 am

repost from elsewhere

"...well now, life is always readying one's replies isn't it..." and, upon voicing that line to himself once more, the goblin was back where he had first heard its conjecture there, just sat in front of a grumpy middle aged man in a smoky candlelit coffeeshop, one who refuted everything with everyone, admittedly all in a class of his own but well hated for it too, simply a philosophertype who kind of left one in no doubt in one's mind as to why one should give socratics another chalice of hemlock, where the goblin hated the old man too, for his saying "...forget it, look at yourself now, what would you at your tender age possibly know about anything, nothing, whereas me, I just ready my replies because it returns, it all returns eventually, and if something doesn't return, what of it, one still knows the reply for oneself now, so that's your life for you now, it's just readying regardless of outcome here...", perhaps the best lessons are those one hates most for their being not easily forgotten, "...yes, and you still know nothing, don't you goblin..." went the voice in the background once more, "...perhaps it was all nothing anyway..." replied the goblin to that ghost now

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Retry-2

Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2012, 7:18 pm

It has been a very long year, and yes I am very aware that it has just started. The fact that this month isn't even over yet makes it all harder to wake up in the morning!

Hope everyone else's New Year is going swimmingly!
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2012, 5:56 am

("...glad to see that you're still at it, and good luck with your writing too..." replied the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, the goblin's home-turf

"...thanks for turning up then..." replied the goblin who had stopped inviting people here, saying "...we're so few amongst the many amongst the millions out there then, no, you've proved yourself time and time again as someone worth reading, our hitcounts run circles around those qualified writers now, but more importantly we have written much that we would have never have written otherwise, anyway I won't stop now, no it's not a battle between me and those writertypes and their banhammer, it's just that if I ever stop posting then dailylife engulfs me, where, like my mother drowning in her armchair to dementia, I fear the loss of this ability now, this heightened state then, so I will post to my last day, so perhaps a tenacious goblin turned out to be a good choice for a persona after all because that really is me inside..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Denial.480
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2012, 6:32 am

repost from elsewhere

then suddenly in an expected moment the goblin simply turned to the captain and asked "...say what, can I marry you...", "...well you already did that goblin..." she replied breaking into a smile at the absurdity of it, whereupon the goblin added "...oh, I did, really, gosh how wise of me too...", and with that it just became another something between them, something that the goblin never quite forget nor mentioned again either knowing that would lose its value if he ever did, and yet, upon reaching journey's end he felt he might just risk asking it one last time, hoping that she would smile as she once had, yes that would be something

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Ph04002_paul_horton_the%20goodnight%20kiss
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2012, 9:32 am

repost from elsewhere

"...think of it this way, if you actually like what you have written then it's good regardless, whereas if you write that which you yourself don't like then no matter how good others might actually think it is, and however correctly written too, it is actually bad simply because it's fake and not you, where also if I were to correct you now, then by each correction you would lose a part of your individuality to me by it, so this is the very process of cloning that I hate most on these writer's forums and dailylife workshops..." replied the goblin wondering if he could put it another way, saying "...think of painting then, each artist borrows something either from his predecessors or from a certain school of painting, but at some point he knows he has to break away from that crowd, simply thinking upon those artists that we most remember today, well, did they follow the rules, indeed yes they did, yet from there they branched off on their own, so my critic becomes poison to you, where instead can I offer you a real sense of audience here and a feeling of deadline now, so come and post with me anytime, where to post is to publish, yes, but more than that even, your readers want rapport..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Amancontemplating
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2012, 2:24 am

Quote :
think of it this way, if you actually like what you have written then
it's good regardless, whereas if you write that which you yourself don't
like then no matter how good others might actually think it is, and
however correctly written too, it is actually bad simply because it's
fake and not you

No truer words have been said. I often feel this of my own writing. There are of course ways to make myself feel better. Such is so getting the opinion of my husband who even though claims he's unbiased isn't. My sister is bias as well. So they stroke my ego quite well. At which time I get to work on the rewriting until I am actually happy with it.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2012, 6:20 am

Quote :
Quote :
think of it this way, if you actually like what you have written then it's good regardless, whereas if you write that which you yourself don't like then no matter how good others might actually think it is, and however correctly written too, it is actually bad simply because it's fake and not you
No truer words have been said. I often feel this of my own writing. There are of course ways to make myself feel better. Such is so getting the opinion of my husband who even though claims he's unbiased isn't. My sister is bias as well. So they stroke my ego quite well. At which time I get to work on the rewriting until I am actually happy with it.

"...well conversely I never share my persona/works with my family or friends..." replied the goblin, liking kellycakes post but whose whole point to his livewriting was to take himself entirely out to the context here, where the persona instead then rested solely upon its merits alone , adding "...actually what is posted to the slot is the end result here, where my being anonymous focuses me more upon the process itself rather than those other considerations of fame and fortune...", but perhaps the goblin had also seen that the time and effort to produce a ebook that could then be downloaded from amazon at 99cts, was never going to make it more lucrative than flipping hamburgers perhaps, so instead the goblin turned the reader into a touchstone, simply the reader paid the goblin in their replies now, for those replies also fed him his posts as that one had done

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 A.aaa-Feeding-time

Last edited by fleamailman on March 2nd 2012, 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2012, 6:25 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Learning from your peers... sort of puts the "Stood on the shoulders of giants" concept into perspective, doesn't it? I am looking forward to it.

"...ah no, we're not peers but ears..." ventured the goblin in his welcome, thinking that he was far better at listening than criticizing, explaining it by saying "...well yes, I'm very good at listening to you, where doesn't that alone offer you a true sense of audience and a feeling of deadline to go with it, so know that I am waiting upon your posts now, no not as a peer would, nor as some rival might, but merely as your reader here, but one who is verbal and hopefully one of many more to come..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 PierrotthePoliticianThomasCouture
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2012, 9:52 pm

Hmm, you make a valid point. I mean I get why not to share or rather to share anonymously. That keeps both sides for the spectrum honest and real. Do you not have bigger literary goals for yourself though?

I understand if you write because you have to. It is my passion and I have a necessary need to do so. Some others write because its simply their hobby and they hope to get lucky on the market one day. Do you have other creative avenues that you work on?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 2:23 am

Quote :
Hmm, you make a valid point. I mean I get why not to share or rather to share anonymously. That keeps both sides for the spectrum honest and real. Do you not have bigger literary goals for yourself though? I understand if you write because you have to. It is my passion and I have a necessary need to do so. Some others write because its simply their hobby and they hope to get lucky on the market one day. Do you have other creative avenues that you work on?

"...perhaps you've noticed that forum readership is now outpacing both ebook and blog readership..." replied the goblin, continuing "...where also it is just beyond the control and that manipulation of those publishers too, moreover, most writers with that attention firmly focused upon their bookwriting, haven't noticed that their readers are here wanting this interaction offered by writing in posts, so now, all you have to do is just become known by your posts kellycakes, like banski did with his graffiti, yet even today he remains both anonymous and fomous...", in fact, a few years back the goblin was the only one doing toying with this concept, trying it out, whereas today this livewriting scene or whatever the cares to call, is done by many, and the livewriters steal the show, adding "...perhaps if you google my usename the idea might become clearer, merely one's usernane is authorname, something like forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act, where already my readership at some venues is far greater per day than any ebook or blog could ever offer me, in short to post is publish where forum readership is for real, not that I'm trying to corrupt you or anthingMYAHAHAHA..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 28-2

Last edited by fleamailman on March 2nd 2012, 5:42 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 2:29 am

repost from elsewhere, and "introduction" section somewhere

"...ah no, I won't critic you ever, for what would I know about your humans ways..." replied the goblin in his welcome here, preferring each writer to build upon that bedrock of their own experience rather than blindly accepting those shortcuts from others here, adding "...besides, if I correct you now, then part of you become me by it, writers become agent smiths like that, where perfect is always so mundane and where correct is so predictable, so no, how about I become your avid reader here instead, offering you some sense of involved audience and a feeling of eager deadline here, so what say you human, drop base motivations for mere habit, for those readers are no further from you than this screen is, simply you pull them to your pen by your posts, while all the while, death looks on and time ticks away those seconds in the background..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 300373
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2012, 7:00 am

repost from elsewhere, shadow posting to the "Best way to try and describe flashback memories......." thread

and before he knew it back the goblin was there then, just a dusty seat on a school bus surrounded by the other morons of his class, that commandant who never smiled, and a girlfriend with an apparent lack of taste in boyfriends, and everyone just doing this "school-bus outing" to wherever wet dreary england typically offered those whose hearts actually yearned for topless ladies on tropical beaches instead, "...well, it's an outings after all, and as such a chance to show the world one's better side I imagine..." voiced the goblin to his girlfriend, biding his time for the prof to bore of his lecturing everyone upon the apparent detractions of an educational system that encouraged those around him to turn out like those around him evidently had, "...no, you're not going to, surely..." his girlfriend lied with one huge smile of expectation now, whereupon the goblin then crawled up upon the back seat dropped his pants and stuck his bum to the cold window to the awaiting motorists below, saying "...oh yes, I owe so much to my education it seems, where this is one of those all important traditions that youth enacts on school outings, where regret is for the old at heart..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 4186-18252
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2012, 11:30 pm

Took your advice and did a search on your Forum Name and my oh my you are in a lot of places dear Goblin. You have quite the following as well. Nice work on building your readership, I guess that is fine for someone who doesn't want to make a living off of his/her writing.

Although I write because it is my breath of life I still would like more then just forum reply acknowledgement. You however have created a vast following and I respect that!
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2012, 5:46 am

Quote :
Took your advice and did a search on your Forum Name and my oh my you are in a lot of places dear Goblin. You have quite the following as well. Nice work on building your readership, I guess that is fine for someone who doesn't want to make a living off of his/her writing. Although I write because it is my breath of life I still would like more then just forum reply acknowledgement. You however have created a vast following and I respect that!

"...ah but who are your readers kellycakes and how are they ever going to know about the worth of your ebooks without their first looking at your posts to see the workings of the author behind them, simply it's word or mouth by forums isn't it, but by the time you've got someone to see even the first line of your book, imagine just how many more posters will have seen this post instead, not to mention the fact that you are able to reply directly to this post too, I'm mean is it any wonder that forum-readership is growing apace..." replied the goblin who only suggested perhaps that kellycakes adds two words to her username to make it traceable across forumland, adding "...a 99cts book with those hours that goes into it, um, is rather a hard sell against your simply doing a few posts across forumland that then tells those readers that kellycakes's ebooks must be something worth reading, up to you now but of the two, which do you think would get you far better known I wonder..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Tumblr_kx3pkrRKbJ1qa5gdro1_500

Last edited by fleamailman on March 6th 2012, 5:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2012, 5:52 am

repost from elsewhere, the "please critic my work" thread

"...often it's hard to critic anything when one doesn't know who the intended audience is..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...besides, that truth is that it doesn't matter how one writes something because the reader, if enthralled, will quickly grow accustomed to any writing style as long as it remains constant throughout, very much like when one first hears some scotish accent for example, where invariably, one looks at to the sky half expecting god himself to scoop up a bucket-load of kippers to rain down upon one in some heavenly cascade, and where too, after a while one doesn't even notice it, no simply one gets used to the deluge of it then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Tumblr_liu0ozPJKU1qa18sao1_500

Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2012, 7:24 am

repost from elsewhere, goblin shadow posting to the "where am I" thread

and then the goblin, a bit bored with the CNN new, switched over to the BBC landing in children's hour and the man "...yey hello boys and girls, great to have you here, and have we got lot's for you now on our special cretian edition of blue peter here, where later we have an interview the cretian pirates lined up and you'll be able to see too, just how just how far our green shield stamp campaign for xxxxx's release has got on, remember every green shield stamp makes difference now, but before that, stick around, we're going to show you how to make your very own molotov cocktail from a rag, some left over oil and an empty bottle, afterwards sister maria theresa has kindly agreed to show us the latest moves in pole dancing...", whereupon the goblin was thinking, good old blue peter, nice to see that some thing never change now

it take you back I know

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 39912716_9e71d9637f
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2012, 7:27 am

repost from introduction section, the "hello from scotland" thread

[footnote: readers from the other side of the pond or from continental europe might at this point might be having difficulty understanding how that supposedly european weather bufferzone across the channel is actually divided into sub cultures, namely england, whales, and scotland it seems, of which scotland is the most fascinating because it's the least known, however, for those who have never come across a scot, as well as for those who have not as yet managed to understand what they're saying, then indeed this recording might be of help both to normal people, and to these penniless writertypes here too, to get the most from the encounter, so just take a deep breath now]

warning: some of the words are of a strongly accented nature, parental guidance is strongly advised, click here

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Raining_day3-773728
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2012, 6:46 am

repost from elsewhere, the "intro" section of a writer's forum,

"...feel yourself most welcome amongst us now, where each author becomes a reader too, and where readers are no longer those silent sheep of yesterbook..." replied the goblin as if knowing that he was addressing a talented writer here, adding "...ah yes, there are many other writer's forums out there, all helping their writers to churn out yet more books still, where in that respect then this forum is no different I suppose, and yet, am I not proof that it also caters for anyone who wishes to write directly in posts, where forum readership reflects a growing desire on the part of the readers, who have less and less time now, to read shortish content while participating too...", simply, the goblin saw it as forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act, where the biggest stumbling block was the mindset of those authors who somehow felt that their readers couldn't possibly be reading these posts too, but hopefully that mindset was changing through their own experience of forumland, adding "...no, I simply suspect that those writers have never stopped to think about just how many people browse forumland each day in search of content and from how many countries too, so now by this then you see why I'm here instead, and why too, I really have no need to be in that declining elsewhere any more even if I still like books though..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Singing-shoot
166 373 3035
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 5:21 pm

repost from elsewhere, the "introduction" section there

"...welcome to this forum then..." went the goblin always enjoying meeting humans, before dashing off on his own tangent, saying "...so I wonder if it's really true what they say about forum readership as something growing apace now, where if it is so, then probably it'll be upon these writer's forums that forum readership will actually expand from, ah but by then one will have to carefully figure out one's persona, for regardless of what they say, always a persona results from whatever one's posts of oneself here, where for example readers are finicky about long posts, just as they soon see through anyone trying to substitute what one reads here for whatever they've written elsewhere, no, simply we're these posts to our readers now, much like we are these posts to one another too, and to ourselves even, so what say you to making each of your posts a worthy ambassador of you, a post of a real writer then, where I'll become your avid albeit not so quiet reader if you do...", in fact, that goblin was out to become a livewriter much like those he had admired before, where in livewriting one didn't need the props of publishing, no, simply one built up one's readership around one's username like someone singing from the treetops of forumland drawing one's readers to one's pen

the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Pierrot72
166 374 3056
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next