PortalHomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Empty33%the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Empty67%the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
Top posters
oskar (2320)
the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 14 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Empty 
TerishD (1366)
the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 14 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Topscribbler-1
fleamailman

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-01-17

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2011, 6:17 am

repost from elsewhere, a writer's forum, the "where do our words come from: is it your head, or your heart, or your mouth, so what kind of writer are you?" thread

and with that the goblin, who had been reading up on anthropological studies again, could now place his hand on his heart with some certitude and state that most members of on this forum actually wrote from head shoulders knees and toes, to which the goblin then submitted a stream to clarify his conjecture now, saying "...yes, I was resting in the bath musing over the various primal writing methods as suggested by the PO here, feeling none of them to be quite right for what one saw, and then suddenly it just hit me, and I had this eureka moment towards writertypes and modern day writing in general, that is, yes they were all writing form head shoulders knees and toes here, in compliance with the constraints of that writing norm expected of them...", in fact, the goblin felt really chuffed that he had finally solved, once and for all, the mystery of modern day writing as he saw it as he then rushed off again

proof of the pudding

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 7abfe4294135efe0e79de8d03151a395c26
162 325 2064
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2011, 7:32 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
That picture tells it all. Just how stupid the riots are. Burning buildings, and ruining peoples livelihoods is one thing, but endangering peoples lives, and potentially committing murder, are another. What did the lady in the building, jumping for her life, do to the thugs who set it on fire? Stupid, mindless terrorists, is all these 'protesters' are. Most of them wouldn't work if a job was handed to them on a silver platter. And yet they cry poor, and, "poor me, no-one will give me a job," and "woe is me, there are no jobs in England". What a load of ****! They are proving exactly what type of people they are, and nothing will come of it, except a lot of arrests (hopefully). They have not gained an ounce of sympathy from me, for their 'plight'. I feel hard done by everyday, working for a lousy $18 an hour, but it would do nothing for my cause if I burnt down buildings, or set fire to the owner of the company! (Now there's a thought.....) That sort of thing would NEVER happen here (knock on wood, and all the rest). A couple of bullets to the leg, and the rioting would stop. You can't kick in a window, or run away, if your legs are shot to pieces! Arm the police with guns, and then see how many rioters show up! ****ing losers!

"...well there are jobs perhaps, but those jobs, like yours, don't translate into any future beyond one's servitude, for can they buy a house with that job I wonder, who can now, moreover, what with taxpayers paying for those very banks that have bankrupted the savings and pensions system in the first place, and what with speculators able to use one's bank deposits as collateral to speculate with too, things are only going to get much worse from here, simply the whole system in each country is a mountain of unaffordable debt, underwritten by insurers and already sold on to a wallstreet that is now stumbling upon their double b rated worthlessnes, simply debts of debts then, and of course the more one bails out the system with yet more debt the more inflated the system becomes by it, the poorer the individual is the poorer we become..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...but the odd thing about all this is the fact that these riots haven't already occurred across europe, showing you the power of ourdearmedia's ability to divert attention away from this obvious decline in everyone's living standards now, ah but if the police start shooting at protesters as they did in eygpt and tunisia then by it the resulting police state is defact to is it not, and the democracy of that country is anything but, simply protest is the last line of democracy, without protest there is no democracy..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 CorporateDecision19831ac
160 326 2078
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2011, 6:31 am

repost from elsewhere, the "introduction" section

Quote :
Got my ticket, now where is my map?

"...well the map is your own experience I believe, where the compass is your heart..." replied the goblin both liking the post, and welcoming its author now, adding "...ah, but I'm afraid I can't help you become some published writer, for I am not one, and either way I could never write as they do, but instead of that though, if you'll agree with me that forumland is a journey to self in posts, then perhaps we can just walk down this path together awhile, so what say you human, isn't life too short to be writing for them anyway, simply my anonymity shows my sincerity in this journey of posts now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Wang-kae-waiting-for-early-train
161 327 2103
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 5:58 am

repost from "predict the future" thread here, finished

Quote :
As for writing posts on the internet? Sure, they accumulate over time but only people clinging to an identity created by them, will place any real importance on it.

"...ah no, quite the opposite is true..." suspected the goblin, explaining "...one's identity comes out of these posts then, so one isn't so much clinging to, as progressing here, where each of us becomes ever more aware of his or her own identity as one posts on, for example, wouldn't you agree with me that your posts are better now than they were before, so by that fact then, you note where you are now by why of where you were before, a journey to self it becomes by it...", simply the goblin wanted to know who he was by what he posted, saying "...oh yes, I think therefore I am, agreed, yet my posts are an account of my thoughts, and are me by them then, so do I not tempt you to post on, I mean don't you want to see yourself by what you post..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Diabolic-tutor-12802
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 6:06 am

repost from elsewhere, helping out on their "introduction" section

Quote :
Hello, Everyone. After looking at myself within this forum for the first time it seems like a nice fit! I am a writer, hoping to get so many works out of my head and onto the page, well not page but uhm... well you get the point I also enjoy reading. I am looking forward to spending many hours in here!

and with that the goblin showed, saying "...well, you've done the right thing human, for there is much here for all types now, where your progression, from that of some simple potted plant stuck in front of a keyboard, might indeed progress into that of a lampshade with its light on full even, yet a lot depends upon your diligence and imagination here, so come post with us then, for the road to becoming an accomplished daydreaming lampshade is a long and arduous one but we are here to help you in your transformation from being normal into being more like us instead..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 4134423_l
161 329 2121
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2011, 2:17 pm

repost from elsewhere

whereupon the goblin showed up, saluted the man in the mirror once more, and then opened the awaiting slot's mouth, asking "...well slot what do you think, can readers ever follow something like this then...", "...nah, l don't think they ever read this far now goblin, a hopeless bunch the lot of them..." replied the slot chewing on the goblin's words before gulping them down now, continuing "...and besides goblin, the moment you start compromising for the sake of some unknown readership however flattering now, you're missing the whole point of your being anonymous on forumland, l mean who's post is it anyway where how can you prove it to yourself without being anonymous now, that's the point of your anonymity goblin, it's your insincerity to your readers that is also your honesty to them now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Silent-Reflection-George-Underwood
162 330 2130
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 6:01 am

repost from "central character = you" thread, finished

Quote :
So how many people out there just have a habit of writing themselves into their stories? It doesn't mean it's an exact description of you, maybe it's a person you would like to be? Or maybe it's you in a situation you would like to be in? Would love to hear your thoughts!

"...not quite like that then..." replied the goblin, adding "...as I tend to be all of my characters now, that is, the muse is probably the inspirational part of me, whereas the goblin is just my normal self, the witchdoctor is the clever calculating part of me, the man in the mirror is me in dailylife, where my conscience is portrayed as the voice in the background...", whereupon the narrator just wondered why the goblin had forgot to mention her, not that she knew what part of him she was either, just that she had the woman's agility to portray the scene as she saw it, thinking "well that goblin's ok I suppose, just he always seem outnumbered my the rest of us in here"

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Alex_ross_joker_harlequin
162 331 2152
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 5:17 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...yes, I love that picture too xxxxx..." replied the goblin who had missed the post till now, saying "...well, one doesn't see many old people in the cinema, I guess they're pacing their money out, something which I too am increasing learning to my cost, so here's a link that might help you then...", as the goblin put up the link suspecting that it might not work in other countries, "...so now, for our date then, how about the seaside, a gentle wind, the smell of salt, the hails of seagulls, a english beach on a sunny day, with a little transistor radio that plays radio caroline's latest pop music, a towel that covers the bumps of shale as one lies down thinking that there's still hours ahead to read one's paperback without a care in the world beyond the need to know who killed the victim to see if one's guess was right after all...", yes, those dates weren't much then but it was everything at the time where the goblin would be there waiting now

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 English-seaside-starfish-audio
162 332 2180
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 10:08 am

repost from elsewhere, finished

"...so who would buy a bond of debt where those who furnish the benefice of it are increasingly unable to do so..." asked the goblin seeing how the subprime had been exactly this same dilemma, while noting too, all those other type bonds that are still floating upon the stock exchange to an ever waning faith of its investors in an increasingly bearish market, saying "...and everything just points to gold doesn't it, but few today remember the surrender of bullion act of 1932 where, then too, gold had seemed the perfect haven until it became apparent that gold was just too valuable to leave in private hands, so the new president, president roosevelt that is, on his first day in office, stepped in and forcibly bought one's goblin off one for dollars again...", just the goblin was feeling that, what with the combination of these debtbond timebombs, together with this new gold rush, that things were increasing pointing to the powers that be doing something like that, saying "...remember it's what they don't mention most that is most likely..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Greenspan-blackhole-wrkers
162 333 2203
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2011, 10:13 am

repost from, "where do your words come from" thread here, finished

"...well now, isn't every new thread a gift from its post originator..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...where if we're going to go around maligning the OP for starting something that isn't to our liking, we all might as well close up shop in advance, because all the threads are going to displease someone, so ok, this thread isn't your thing, but why should this forum only have those new threads that you approve of, where someone who has never seen this topic before might relate to it straight off thus giving this forum an extra boost in posts and content...", and with that the goblin wanted to thank the patient OP for starting a thread, and to apologize for those here who then took it upon themselves to dictate what was beneficial as if they were speaking for everyone else now, adding "...no, I don't agree with the head/mouth/heart concept myself, yet I don't see any reason to malign it just because I feel it's inapplicable to the way I write, whereas someone else, no, most people in fact, might benefit in viewing their writing from this head/mouth/heart focal point..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Dont-worry-about-word-count-make-your-words-count-censorship-through-word-count-ArtsJournal-blog-music-critic-Kyle-Gann-washington-post-ARTicles-National-Arts-Journalism-Program-400x250
162 334 2225
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 7:16 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Quote :
"...I like you already..." went the goblin, adding "...go on spill the beans then, I mean which writer's forum are we talking about here that banned you..."
oh it was xxxxx forum, tell my buddy he was unworthy of my handie.

the goblin had been removed form that forum too, but had kept all the PMs to prove it, yet he never talked about ex forums anyway, preferring instead to just give any forum that welcomed him still, his posts and rapport, saying "...well, this forum's membership is growing, not least because it is both imaginative and engaging, for example this forum has not once locked a thread upon me, nor deleted an entire thread with a "so there" PM either, instead it has simply talked to me offering a compromise between its needs and mine, over pictures for example...", but in fact the goblin also knew that if he failed here too, then regardless of whatever excuse he made, it would prove that those forums had been right in banning him, smiling "...so I'm out to prove them wrong by getting it right this time, yet I'm the same me here as I was there, with the same views and holding to the same heresy even, but doesn't everyone have some sort of agenda on forumland anyway, where mine is to become the most viewed goblin on forumland, catch me if you can mortals..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Jack%2BNicholson
162 335 2268

Last edited by fleamailman on October 22nd 2011, 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2011, 7:56 am

repost from elsewhere

"...so where are your civil liberties now I wonder..." asked the goblin who could see only an escalation of events into dictatorship here, where, what with no clear cut objective in afghanis'nam, with a president who came to power of landslide victory on a platform of boys home by christmas, close gitmo, and end the a patriot act, only to give us their opposites here, and worse, where the country is now on its knees in debt to the banks for playing world's policeman once more, adding "...do I care, yes I do, but do I think one can stem our slow march to dictatorship here, probably not, well not if six republicans, together with six democrats, can form a super cabinet under a president with executive powers that will then dictate to congress that is, so yes, the fear of barbarians at the gates has finally handed ceasar his dictatorship now, for the senate together with those voters of either camp, much like their roman counterpart of old are bypassed by this dictatorship in all but name..." simply the IMCP, the industrial military congress party, has gained control through everyone's fear of terrorism, which is exactly what everyone should have been more terrified about instead

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Vietnam-war-protest
163 336 2284
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2011, 5:41 am

repost from elsewhere, the random thoughts page

"...me, I'm thinking on empty..." went the goblin, sitting in the silence of the public library, where around him the obsolete references books sat neatly stacked upon upon their shelves like vultures perched there to witness those who used the WIFI now, whereupon the goblin looked once more across the room to reconfirm his conjecture that not one book was being read now, some notes taken on paper perhaps, but not an open book in sight, so the goblin just sighed "...and who would have me write a book in all this then, surely if forumland is where the readership is then I must write within my posts instead and be grateful that people everyone still reading posts at least..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Digital_assassination-520x245
163 337 2300
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2011, 4:25 pm

repost from elsewhere

the next day of many perhaps, and the goblin sits alone with his thoughts again, saying "...funny how we share this living then, where we all expect the young to outlive the old, the well to outlive the frail, etc., but isn't the truth of the matter that "no one has any more life than anyone else does", just we share this moment of now together where the next moment it could well be different...", outside, the wet dreary rooftops under the grey cloudy evening sky seemed to remind the goblin that so much in this life is built upon the mere assumption of certainty where in the end there is only one certainty that awaits

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Night-of-the-Demons-006
163 338 2315
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2011, 2:24 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...ah, but what has happened before is likely to happen again..." replied the goblin now, enjoying the replies now, adding "...though first you need to see that the money within the financial system is only initially created by those printing presses, where the rest is created by the bank in their lending, where each bank is allowed to lend out 15 dollars to any one dollar it holds as its reserve, but then once that loan is made out, the resulting money is invariably redeposited to another bank thus allowing that bank to lend 15 times its worth again, thus debts upon debts we are all sold a system that cannot sustain itself indefinitely, so their trick is to then speculate with commercial bank deposits, our personal savings that is, simply because those are the only bonds backed by the government when they eventually turn to junk...", just that the goblin's mind was on student loan bonds now, where one in five american students are in default, but where the real question was where the leverage for that bond came from, for it would be interesting to find out if they had actually been underwritten with personal bank deposits again

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Market_crash
163 339 2337
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kellycakes

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2011, 2:17 am

I love that word count shirt a few posts up. I'm doing Nano again this year and I believe that will be my motto. November should therefore end in success.

Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2011, 3:52 am

("...where I will be placing my bet on you then..." replied the goblin, always appreciating Kellycakes as a credit to this forum then, adding "...me, I want to build up a readership from posts alone, where there are livewriters with 50,000 hits to their threads already but I'm getting there, or more likely I'll die trying now...", either way, it seemed great odds)

repost from elsewhere, the "random thoughts" thread

"...in the end roman empire was unable to square its circle, simply military authority took over from the senate giving way first to the dictators then the emperors..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...that is, until the marian reforms, there was no standing army and the soldier came from the landed class, not the landless class here, however, what with the demise of the small farm holders, the recruiting pool became too small to function, hence the new idea of conscripting form the landless class soldiers that would serve their general 15 to 20 years where those soldier's loyalty was first to their general now, and where history was then to see many a general cross the rubicon as a result...", no, in fact, the reason why the goblin was thinking this at this point was that president eisenhower, in his parting address in 1961, warned america against the onward encroachment of the industrial military complex, and yet today when one looks both at america's budget and its agenda, one sees exactly what he warned the electorate of back then, that same growing circle that seems unsquareable now

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Eisenhower2
164 341 2367
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2011, 7:51 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Unlike some heartless folks on this forum I intend to give my Mom a free copy of my book..signed.

alas, being anonymous, the goblin couldn't give his mother a signed copy of any of his posts now, not that that really mattered though, after all she might just be reading this from up there now, or even form over the goblin's shoulder perhaps, "...mum, I sprinkled your ashes into the sea some years back, took this photo, and then drew a line through our past together vowing never to return there, so I don't want you to becomes a ghost that returns here now, any more than you would wish me to be someone who clings to our past either, so remember me then, but really your thoughts should be upon your future still, and me upon mine, yet well meet again, promise..." smiled the goblin in a passing thought of how long is not long just like martin luther king had once put it

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 DSC00013
164 342 2421
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2011, 11:11 am

repost form elsewhere

"...if in america one still hasn't found a job after two years, they take you off the government's unemployment register regardless, simply one is technically not unemployed even though one doesn't actually have a job..." mentioned the goblin thinking upon it, continuing "...so what does that tell you about the true unemployment figures in america today, I mean is one supposed to believe the government's official unemployment figure of 9.1% to be anything representative of their reality now...", but the goblin's biggest concern was elsewhere in that during the great depression of the thirties one in ten people lived in the city whereas today it's more like one in ten that doesn't

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Migration
164 343 2453
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2011, 10:55 pm

You might want to take your bet off of me, my good goblin friend. I have not hit the halfway point in my word count. I am struggling to coerce my plot forward. So instead of pushing it and losing my characters to trite and unrealistic dribble I have decided to work it through slowly to make my story what I once planned it to be. Whether or not I win Nanowrimo is beyond me at this point. I will not give up but I am far far behind.

Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2011, 3:03 am

(the goblin had liked kellycakes from before, saying "...ah no, I'll still place that bet on you but not on nanowritmo, which is an external then, for I really do want exactly what you want too, something truly you to yourself, so go at your pace then, and remember that it's a journey and that those readers are these readers where the days of writer's forums being some sort of tee workshop for that publishing world, or at least that mindset perhaps, are passing, replaced by verbal readership, a two way street, simply you write amongst your readers now, so welcome to my livewriting world then, forumland is publishing...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
The fact is, without the the folks who are interested in writing traditional stories, novels or poetry, the platform for the "Goblin" wouldn't exist. The people who do read your musings, for the most part, are here for different reasons entirely than what you promote -- and I don't see a lot of converts.

"...ah I'm afraid my platform here has only just begun, though I don't think you need to worry about me going unread should something untoward happen to me here, I mean, by the time I have finished writing this, I have about twenty other notifications from various forums to reply to, yes I love this forum for it's growing membership, yet my being anonymous means that readership in itself cannot be my goal, instead rapport is my goal, even if I agree that too is based on readership, ...", in fact, the goblin wondered if xxxxx would care to see himself feeding the goblin now, adding "...ah now, looks like I don't need to convert you into someone feeding me after all, or would you like to further pretend that this not exactly what it is here, nom, nom, nom, nom..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Baracknomnom
163 345 2472
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2011, 11:04 am

repost from elsewhere

"...being anonymous, any notion of fame and fortune does not relate to my posts, where perhaps it's just the price for an ageless faceless freedom here..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...where oddly too, for all my being anonymous I still find myself looking at the thread's hitcount to gage its readership, where unknown I still sense this audience with its feeling of deadline albeit as an unknown author towards unknown readers..." but there was something else, for the goblin counterbalanced his dailylife with his posting, so if ever these posts were to become part his dailylife through fame and fortune, then knowing him he'd probably just counterbalance his dailylife elsewhere with yet another anonymous persona, as in just writing anonymously to get away from writing officially, just running away through writing perhaps, saying "...well I imagine I'm not the only one who writes in reaction to the stress of one's dailylife now, so fame and fortune it certainly isn't, but if you've read this far, and if the hitcount is what it is, then shouldn't I just be happy that somebody like you has kept me company even if we don't know each other and this is all that it will ever be..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 35466580
164 346 2502
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 12:51 am

Well my dear goblin friend, you are very lucky to have kept your bet on me. I did it. I won Nano yet again. I am so proud of this one especially because I went down to the last Nano-second so to speak. When it came time for me to validate my novel in order to be declared a winner I was still a couple thousand words off. It turns out that Nanowrimo doesn't recognize the all of the same words as say Microsoft Word or Open Office. Lucky me knew this so had another few chapters which gave me my edge. So thanks so much for your faith in me dear goblin, it is much appreciated.

Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 3:46 am

("...congrats at called for where they are well deserved too..." replied the goblin not surprised now, continuing "...so I suppose that with that win kellycakes you'll have to now substantiate your on-line presence too, for your readers will surely turn up on forumland in search of you here where any void in your place might lose them..." in fact, the goblin had conversed with another nano winner recently, aware that forum readership was the growing readership and that once those readers were conversing with their preferred author it would them to google her username finding yet more works by her)

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Hmmm... you are a rather... interesting individual, fleamailman. But why is your username not Goblin, then? Or some variation of it? Or is the point that you are a goblin, with the name fleamailman? Is fleamailman a name in goblin-speak? Sanamagatutu seems more goblinish to me. Welcome to this forum.

"...because a livewriter, well for want of a better word that is, chooses a persona that easy to remember but then sticks to a username that's easy to find..." replied the goblin, continuing "...in that most people are not going to remember someone's username off hand, for example unfortunately I doubt I'll remember yours straight off, though the persona is more like an object, for example the brain remembers seeing someone's dog, cat, or their goblin too, though they'll won't remember that pet's name, whereas the trick for the username is slightly different, in that with a unique username anyone interested in finding you in a google search, can, so someone with a common username like goblin is near impossible to find, but fleamailman being unique throws up a somewhat chequered history of someone I'd rather prefer to disown at this point..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 SS.BlastofSilence
164 348 2511
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 6:26 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Do you always refer to yourself in the third-person? Glad to have you here anyway.

"...well I never write otherwise..." replied the goblin, loving this forum for its tolerance towards him, continuing "...simply, one has to ask oneself why most writers narrate their works with such amazing fluidity but then when it cane to their posts it seems some dull directness each time, where isn't it the truth that that author is the same author in both his published works and his posts too, so perhaps more authors should stop compromising to that boringly dull norm and give their readers their fiction writing style instead, I mean what a waste of obvious talent and imagination...", all lies of course, in fact the goblin was no more in control of his writing habit than an alcoholic was on that drinking habit, sighing "...ah, but who needs an excuse for a habit anyway, the words just flow from my pen mortals, and besides, what would forumland gain if I pretended to be one of you greedy humans now...", at which point the slot just reminded the goblin not to make the post too long as normal people didn't read this far

the last person to post here wins - Page 14 404474-bigthumbnail
164 349 2536
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next