Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Empty33%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Empty67%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Scribbles Hotspot!

Go down 
+16
soujiroseta
Leaka
Urs
Bick
Khaleaya
Chrome
alexandra
whitehart
AliceInWonderland
Spyqueen
TerishD
JuJu
Snacker
Saphira
HYdraMStar
Kellycakes
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
JuJu

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Th_alo10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 4:47 pm

1) If you could have super powers what powers would you like to have and why?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 7:16 pm

Kellycakes wrote:
The next person is in the hotspot is.... URS

Thanks. :: Bows Humbly ::

JuJu wrote:
1) If you could have super powers what powers would you like to have and why?

This is a fun question. I suppose barring the entire superman package, with out the kryptonite weakness, For functional motives I would take mind control, like Xavier from the X-Men.

I guess I would take this ability to change my world and my environment, one despotic leader at a time. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Kellycakes

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 9:44 pm

You are quite welcome sir!

2. If you could choose one moment in your past to relive over again, which point in time would you choose and why that moment and would you change anything?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 10:07 am

Kellycakes wrote:
You are quite welcome sir!

2. If you could choose one moment in your past to relive over again, which point in time would you choose and why that moment and would you change anything?

You know there are so many things in my past that I would have liked to have changed, to have the chance to do again and "fix" because I feel that I have failed myself in many ways because of stupid things I have done in my life.

But to pick a single moment, that is a very hard. Well, as it stands, in my life now, I suppose one thing that got me was about 2 years ago, when we (my wife and I) decided to go stay with her parents.

I would have bought the motor home I saw the first week and left then.

But that is one thing, there are many others.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Caring10

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 10:49 pm

3. If you'd be regenerated as an animal, what animal would you like to be and why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2009, 4:06 am

4. What are your hobbies and why did you choose them as hobbies?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2009, 3:00 pm

Snacker wrote:
3. If you'd be regenerated as an animal, what animal would you like to be and why?

A dog, namely my dog Luna.

I am not sure why, I guess so I could grasp what love really means. There are days when I look into her eyes and it seems like she has life figured out. Sleep, Eat, Love those around you and you don't need more then that.

I don't know. I guess failing that, I would want to come back a tick, since I failed at politics in High School, I would like to try my hand at being a different kind of bloodsucking parasite.

Kellycakes wrote:
4. What are your hobbies and why did you choose them as hobbies?

I enjoy painting small scale figurines and models, as well as writing/drawing.

I am kinda bland and boring to tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2009, 8:33 pm

5. *knock* *knock* There is a knock at your door and you answer it to find a man with a gun. He says to you, "I go around killing bland and boring people. Why should I spare your life?" What do you say to him?

Edit: And he's psychic and will know if you're lying. So, you can't make up any lies about yourself to make you seem more interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2009, 10:44 pm

HYdraMStar wrote:
5. *knock* *knock* There is a knock at your door and you answer it to find a man with a gun. He says to you, "I go around killing bland and boring people. Why should I spare your life?" What do you say to him?

Edit: And he's psychic and will know if you're lying. So, you can't make up any lies about yourself to make you seem more interesting.

Well suppose I could invite him and would explain that I know that it is never too late to live a dream, that I should never give up, and I admit I have not given up. I know that each tomorrow is a doorway to a new chance... but then again, I don't have tomorrow with this guy, now do I? I don't have the life lived 20 years ago either I would wager. I have today, maybe yesterday, or something about ME that makes me special. I might say "We are all unique, just like everybody else" but that is more a poke at fun then something that would keep me alive.

I guess I am a bland person, I am just a gaming geek of the normal variety and I hate to say it, but beyond pleading for my life so that I can be there to grow old with my wife and dogs, so that I can try to work towards my dreams that I had lost in the grind of life for many years, (Hence why I am even on this forum and thinking about writing again) I don't think I am going to talk this nut job out of killing me.

I, like most people, had settled into living a simple life of just getting by for a long time. Such is the nature of things I guess, for every special person there are a million employees on the assembly line, and I am just one of those cogs in the system..

Also, I would guess that being a married, middle aged, fat, white guy that owns two dogs, would just work against any means to keep myself alive at this point as well.

I suppose I am still with my first wife after 7 years might make me special, I beat the 50% odds of divorce so far and more then half of married coupled get divorced within the first 4 years and half that stayed married past the first 4, get divorced after 7. So one more year and I am 'special' in that regard, I guess.

I don't think it would be enough say I am special, I am just happy in my marriage, happens I guess.

So, as I see it, I am still dead, Especially with a nut job that kills bland people.

I have not swam in shark infested waters, base jumped off buildings, or done something really cool like snow boarded down a mountain side, and now days the closest I get to doing something really exciting, fun, and physically stimulating is watching Ninja Warrior or the Unbeatable Banzuke on TV. So, I guess that is a fail in the influence meter.

I might try to say something about my inventive creativity, but I have a bunch of unfinished novels and stories that are eternal works in progress, just like all the other aspiring writers of my type, so that is pretty much out as well.

I can draw, about as good as other artist I see on deviant art (better then some, a lot worse then others), so I guess that is out as well for keeping my arse alive.

I might bring up my blog and say something like the 3 regular people that visit it (including my mom and wife) might want to hear about not giving up on their dreams, but, I think that would not hold any water for obvious reasons.

And well my job is not going to cut it either, like "I am an employee that works in customer service!" that is like telling him he is doing me a kindness killing me. So screw bringing that up.

After all is said and done I guess, I would not be able to talk him out of it, and if you are expecting something amazing from me, I just don't have it... yet.

So realizing that there is nothing I could say, that would stop this crazy person from killing me, I would forget about words and just fight like hell , by making every effort to kill him before he killed me, I don't even think I would give him the time to finish his little speech.

I may not live, I might not win, but I would try to die on my feet at least... Screw Begging.
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2009, 11:16 pm

6. One day this woman is shopping at a supermarket. Well the woman walks off into a different aisle leaving her cart and her child alone in the aisle that you are in. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 9:39 am

Leaka wrote:
6. One day this woman is shopping at a supermarket. Well the woman walks off into a different aisle leaving her cart and her child alone in the aisle that you are in. What do you do?

I suppose like most people I would stand around for a bit to see if she comes back quickly.

Then depending on where my "give a crap" level is at that day, I might just move on thinking it is not my problem, all the way to making a complaint to the manager and requesting that the police be called.
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 4:12 pm

7. If a random child ran up to and suddenly hugged you. He started calling you father and the woman who was taking care of him told you a heartfelt story about how the boy has been waiting for his father to come back from a long journey. How would you tell the boy you weren't his father? How would you get the boy to stop clinging onto you?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 6:32 pm

Leaka wrote:
7. If a random child ran up to and suddenly hugged you. He started calling you father and the woman who was taking care of him told you a heartfelt story about how the boy has been waiting for his father to come back from a long journey. How would you tell the boy you weren't his father? How would you get the boy to stop clinging onto you?

Wow, this one is like Hydra's, a real mind bender.

Ok so I have a kid that thinks I look like their dad. Well my first thought would be to see if I recognize the mother from my college or high school days.

If not, I breath a sigh of relief and then give the woman a big broad smile as I pat the boys head and chuckle, and then wait for the mother to remove their child from my leg.

I would then, depending on how loud the child was, either rub my forehead in frustration as the mother took her child away, or wait for my wife to explain that I was not the child daddy. (I am really not good at those insanely awkward social situations)

If I recognized the mother from my "before" days, I would most likely spout into a long sting of profanities (quietly, or maybe loudly, depending) about how she is telling her child lies about me (As well a long string of challenges to her fidelity during our relationship and her choice of profession in life) , and that would be my story unless a DNA test proved otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 9:33 pm

8. All right, what if some random person walked up to and then suddenly started telling you your name, age, birth, and special events in your life. Then you asked them how they knew this and they took out this person who said that their name was your name, they were born on the same day, but looked nothing like you and didn't have the same parents. But they were currently saying everything you were thinking. What would you do? How would you react?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 10:40 am

Leaka wrote:
8. All right, what if some random person walked up to and then suddenly started telling you your name, age, birth, and special events in your life. Then you asked them how they knew this and they took out this person who said that their name was your name, they were born on the same day, but looked nothing like you and didn't have the same parents. But they were currently saying everything you were thinking. What would you do? How would you react?

Hummm... well I would mostly likely brush this off this person was some nut job that was doing this to steal my identity and just became obsessed with me (I am quite predictable really) or something along those lines.

Then I would proceed to call the cops and charge them with identity theft, unless I could figure out a way to use this to my advantage, maybe have them be me for a while to establish an alibi or something while I went and robbed trains or something along those lines.

This might open up new doors for me... Hummm....
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 1:44 pm

9. One day you are at the mall. Usually the mall is filled to the brim of young teenage couples and teenage friends. Well today you realize how quiet it is in the mall. You wonder why. You begin searching around and notice no one is around not even the stores that are open. What do you do next?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 10:15 pm

Leaka wrote:
9. One day you are at the mall. Usually the mall is filled to the brim of young teenage couples and teenage friends. Well today you realize how quiet it is in the mall. You wonder why. You begin searching around and notice no one is around not even the stores that are open. What do you do next?

Well, this Sounds like the premier to the opening of a Zombie Movie, or a really bad dream.

But since I do not believe that Zombies are real, at least in the sense of the dead coming back to life Zombie, and if I am dreaming about being at the Mall, the least of my worries is that it is empty, because I hate being in the mall to start with.

So on a rational note, I would at first just brush it off as most likely it was a holiday, or major event or something was happening elsewhere and I was just clueless.

Depending on my mood, and why I was going to the mall, I might Go home, go back to bed, and mutter about the cost of gas and the wasted effort I put in to going to the Mall, but that would only happen if had no real motive to go the mall.

If I was there to buy something of importance like say a gift for my wife, I would wander around a while, wondering why the mall was open but the place was empty and the stores closed. Mainly I would stay around because I would not want to leave until I got what I came there for in the first place.

But if after wandering the mall I found it devoid of people I would start to get very unsettled to put it lightly.

I would first check the electronics stores and see if their TV's were on the news channels and I would watch to see if they told me anything.

Failing that I would head back to my truck, get my laptop, hit the local McD's or Starbucks, or other WiFi hot spot, and check out on the Web what was going on with the Mall, and try to figure out why the stores were not open, after all I have something I need to get, which is WHY I am at the mall in the first place... right?

if nothing came up, I would then do a quick search for other stores in the area that might carry what I was looking for, again, cussing and complaining about the waste of time and cost of gas.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 10:48 pm

I'm really shocked no one has been asked this question yet.

10. What are you wearing?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 11:29 pm

HYdraMStar wrote:
I'm really shocked no one has been asked this question yet.

10. What are you wearing?

Oh I laughed at this one!

I knew there was a motive why I liked you Hydra.

I am at this moment sitting at the computer wearing boxers short, socks, sneakers, (As I need to take the dogs out one last time before bed) and a dirty faded t-shirt that says "The Beatings will continue until morale improves"

I would like to pass the torch to Hydra
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 5:20 pm

I cracked up at question 10, nice one Hydra.

And since you've been chosen I'll throw that question back at you.

1. What are you wearing? *wink*
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 6:15 pm

Kellycakes wrote:
I cracked up at question 10, nice one Hydra.

And since you've been chosen I'll throw that question back at you.

1. What are you wearing? *wink*

A brown velvet dress that the more conservative people in my circle tell me is too tight and too short. Brown tights, legwarmers that are tan and brown and look like bell bottoms, high healed boots, and fingerless brown gloves. A long copper colored wig and of course makeup, jewelery, etc.

Really, just my normal every day stuff.

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 100_2210
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 8:02 pm

You are given a choice:

You can either live on an island with two people you can not stand, but are very good looking, or people you enjoy being with but are very ugly. Now here is the question.

Do you have sex with them one at a time, or do you engage in group gratification?
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 8:48 pm

Urs wrote:
You are given a choice:

You can either live on an island with two people you can not stand, but are very good looking, or people you enjoy being with but are very ugly. Now here is the question.

Do you have sex with them one at a time, or do you engage in group gratification?

If they are both women or both men then group sex. If they are one of each then one at a time. Every man I've ever known, and yes I'm using the biblical meaning, hasn't been able to keep at the job at hand while in a three way with two women, Poor things they get too easily distracted.
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 9:01 pm

I have no idea what you mean by the "Biblical meaning of Man" but, this answer made me laugh so I have to ask you another question.

3: I noticed you have a tattoo on your arm. How many tattoo's do you have, and if you feel up to it, could you describe their location and design. (or provide pics as you are good with that as well)
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 10:35 pm

Urs wrote:
I have no idea what you mean by the "Biblical meaning of Man" but, this answer made me laugh so I have to ask you another question.

3: I noticed you have a tattoo on your arm. How many tattoo's do you have, and if you feel up to it, could you describe their location and design. (or provide pics as you are good with that as well)

Biblical meaning of know, or rather known. In the Bible when it says a woman did know a man it means she fucked him.

As for the answer to number three, I have six tattoos in total and sadly I don't have any good photos of them on hand.

1. A compass sort of design that looks a bit like a yin and yang symbol. It is green and blue, with tiny red hearts on each arm of the compass.

2. The band on my left arm. The center of it closely matches the compass design and was also designed by myself and is in the same colors minus the red. The band its self is overlapping waves.

3. The Chinese character for star with three inverted five pointed stars above and beside it along with a handful of tiny dots meant to look like stars on my upper right arm. Eventually, when I start to work on getting sleeves done I'm going to put the character for morning in purple and rose behind it.

4. An inverted cross constructed of vampire skulls with flames and smoke behind it just to the left of southern hairline.

5. Just above my navel is a Baphomet (goat head), just like the one in the necklace I'm wearing in my display picture minus the star and circle.

6. An image of the Egyptian goddess Bast (a black cat) done from a statue I own on my right outer thigh. This is the largest.

And yes, I have plans for more... many, many more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scribbles Hotspot!
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next