Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Salutations from Missouri! Empty33%Salutations from Missouri! Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Salutations from Missouri! Empty67%Salutations from Missouri! Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Salutations from Missouri! EmptySalutations from Missouri! Voting_bar2Salutations from Missouri! Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Salutations from Missouri! EmptySalutations from Missouri! Voting_bar2Salutations from Missouri! Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Salutations from Missouri!

Go down 
+10
lackeyagogo
Rumpole
Sketch
JuJu
Snacker
Kellycakes
HYdraMStar
alexandra
Chrome
Bick
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Bick

Salutations from Missouri! ScribbleSuperr
Bick

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Salutations from Missouri! Empty
PostSubject: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 8:43 am

Well, Hello there! I’m Bick, but since that is a rather odd nickname, you may call me Angela. Depends on your fancy. Let’s see. I’m 18, and I’m a Freshman in College. Writing use to be a passion of mine, until I stopped a few years back. I’m not really sure why I stopped, and I’m not sure what the chances of me going back to my writing will be. On the way, I have written a few essays and short stories. Most were unfinished or dealt with school, so they don’t much count. For the time being, my passion is reading, not so much writing. I hope that’s not a problem.

Though, I’ve got a great character in mind that was spawned from an RPG a few months back. Hopefully, I’ll be able to start writing stories for him, but again. I’m not sure that I will ever write because I ‘love’ it. Hopefully this forum can help me past that bump.

When I did write, I aimed more for the general to humor genres. I could never do fantasy, but I most certainly enjoy reading fantasy.

Lesee. I love to bake, and that’s where I plan on going for, career-wise, once I’m done with this College Program I’m in at the time being. Culinary Arts has been my main goal since I stopped writing. (Which actually might be one of the variables towards my failure to write.) Hopefully, within the next 5 years or less, I’ll be a Pastry Chef.

Hobby-wise, I like to randomly look up words. It's been something I've began doing once school started—more of a habit then a hobby. I pick favorite words and I keep them on hand and such, as odd as that sounds. For the time being it's 'indefatigability' (Just because I cannot find a way to say that word, verbally.). Then misnomer and nonchalant, which have been my favorite words for the longest of times. (You'll soon find out, I'm rather odd.) Baking is obviously a hobby, though my breads and my cake-making need a touch up. I can’t ice a cake without it looking a right mess. Just because it tastes good, doesn’t mean I’ve accomplished anything. (At least, in my book.) I like to draw on the computer, I’ll have to find a way to share my art with you. It’s not that great, but I do take my time on it. I love Disney (movies, not the channel.) and basically anything that has to do with children. I’ve been babysitting since I was very little, and I’ve never stopped enjoying it. I love all the kids shows, (Not Disney and such, more the 2-5 year old kid shows) and I have a fascination with Barney. (Again, you’ll note how odd I may seem.)

I’m not sure what else to add, I hope to see you all around, as I hopefully become a productive member of this forum.

./hugsandlove

-Bick

--In addition, 'Chrome' is a friend of mine, and showed me the forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chrome

Salutations from Missouri! Scribbler-1
Chrome

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 9:11 am

Hey there missy :P Welcome to the forum (Har Har 8)). I think we already did the basics on MSN, but I'll put some of the technicalities here.

It's pretty simple, but you should totally check The Scribbles Hot Spot and Challenges! They are the fun place to be. Wink Also, for prose (you can read, can't ya), go here.

Plus, the people here are really sweet. Not as sweet as me, but you know. Wink Have fun!
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 10:36 am

Hello Bick,

a fellow baker! yooohooo! you get ten points just for that!

not to worry if you're not too much into writing, you can always comment and tell us off if you don't like what you read, that is a very helpful thing for us writers, so look forward to your comments and also to bits of writing you might get inspired to write (who knows)

there are lots of word games here so I'm sure you'll have fun with those.

welcome on board
Back to top Go down
http://alexandrariera.spaces.live.com/
HYdraMStar

Salutations from Missouri! Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Salutations from Missouri! Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 4:03 pm

Hello Bick,

"Odd" nicknames haven't every bothered me too much, so that's what I'll call you.

Even if you only write a little or every so often you're more then welcomed here, and we always love readers... What writer doesn't. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Bick

Bick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 4:08 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, it is much appreciated!

Bick is prefered anyway Smile Thank you.

On a side note, I think I saw it was your birthday HydraMStar, so Happy Birthday!

I will try my hardest to be active, but weekdays are hard. Specifically this week, I've got projects and a study group going. Hopefully you'll see me around soon. Smile

Though, I did notice your Scribbles Visual, I did get a few ideas. I might have to do something with that, are new members allowed?

./hugsandlove

-Bick
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Salutations from Missouri! ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Salutations from Missouri! Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 4:08 pm

Very nice introduction! Nice to have your aboard. Many thanks to Chrome for dragging your ass here. (Just joshing ya!) Maybe we can inspire you to return to your writing, if not we are still glad to have you. There is plenty to read and enjoy on Scribbles. Again happy to have you!
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Snacker

Salutations from Missouri! ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Salutations from Missouri! Caring10

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 4:10 pm

Hey Bick and welcome to the site.

Wow that is a heck of an introduction. You sure you don't write that much anymore? Wink I don't think you are odd. Everyone has their own things and that is what makes us all unique and special isn't it? I like that you have your dreams and that you already know how your life is gonna look in five years.

As for your pictures; We have the gallery where you can open your own personal folder. I put some of mine in there as well. So just check it out and have fun.

If you should have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Other than that, have fun on the site!
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Snacker

Salutations from Missouri! ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Salutations from Missouri! Caring10

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 4:13 pm

New members are allowed everywhere on the site. When you enter a challenge the only thing you have to make sure is that you do it before the time is up. But usually you'll always have about 3 weeks to do so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
JuJu

Salutations from Missouri! ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : Salutations from Missouri! Th_alo10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 4:16 pm

Hello Bick, Welcome to scribbles..Hope you enjoy our site....Nice intro...Glad to meet you .....Hugs JuJu
Back to top Go down
Sketch

Salutations from Missouri! NewScribbler-1
Sketch

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 5:18 pm

What is your favorite thing to bake?
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

Salutations from Missouri! Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Salutations from Missouri! Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 7:17 pm

Bick wrote:

On a side note, I think I saw it was your birthday HydraMStar, so Happy Birthday!

Yes, indeed it is and thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Bick

Bick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 8:02 pm

Thanks so much for the wonderful greetings, and helpful words.

Quote :
What is your favorite thing to bake?

I definitely tend to stick with cookies. I like to mess with the recipes a lot. Though, the cakes are pretty cool too. Smile I'm working with bread along with my mother lately, and that's been a bit of a ride. Not so easy to mess with.
Back to top Go down
alexandra

alexandra

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 2:30 am

yummy!
Back to top Go down
http://alexandrariera.spaces.live.com/
Rumpole

Rumpole

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 9:43 pm

Heya Bock!
Back to top Go down
lackeyagogo

lackeyagogo

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2008, 1:56 pm

Nice to meet ya. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lackeyent
Bick

Bick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2008, 10:02 pm

Hiya Buddy Wink Glad you joined Mister Rumo.

And wonderful to meet you as well lackey Smile
Back to top Go down
deathbypen

deathbypen

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 11:05 am

You can cook?

So, I say we all sit around in a circle, read poetry and eat Bick's masterpieces. *wishful thinking*

I always love good cooking, probably because I could burn water.

Thanks for welcoming me to the site, and I'd like to return that by doing the same.
Back to top Go down
soujiroseta

soujiroseta

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 11:39 am

:gwomp:
Back to top Go down
Urs

Salutations from Missouri! ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Salutations from Missouri! Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 3:25 pm

Bivk :: Hugs Bounce! :: Glad to see you here, but then again I should expect to see you here already, you are the one that invited me to this place :: Blush ::

Always, I can't wait to see you around and see what happens and all that jazz.

It seems you brought an entire following of people over to this forum with you. :: gawks in amazement of your friendly influence ::
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 3:56 pm

Urs wrote:
Bivk :: Hugs Bounce! :: Glad to see you here, but then again I should expect to see you here already, you are the one that invited me to this place :: Blush ::

Always, I can't wait to see you around and see what happens and all that jazz.

It seems you brought an entire following of people over to this forum with you. :: gawks in amazement of your friendly influence ::
Yes, where the Bick goes, we follow. Twisted Evil Hey there miss Bick, hope to see you around.
Back to top Go down
Urs

Salutations from Missouri! ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Salutations from Missouri! Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 7:51 pm

Shadow Dragon wrote:
Yes, where the Bick goes, we follow. Twisted Evil Hey there miss Bick, hope to see you around.

She has that way about her, don't she?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salutations from Missouri!   Salutations from Missouri! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salutations from Missouri!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scribe (The Latest News Forum) :: Scribbles Appendages-
Jump to: