Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Empty33%Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Empty67%Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Dilemma of Dreams - 5A EmptyDilemma of Dreams - 5A Voting_bar2Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Dilemma of Dreams - 5A EmptyDilemma of Dreams - 5A Voting_bar2Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Dilemma of Dreams - 5A

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TerishD

Dilemma of Dreams - 5A ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Empty
PostSubject: Dilemma of Dreams - 5A   Dilemma of Dreams - 5A Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 7:32 am

An adult speculative Christian post-armegeddon fiction
Dilemma of Dreams
Chapter Five: Part One

And Another Comes for Me

I do not believe that Peralte slept. He did not lie down in the bed with me. I found myself in the dark not wanting sleep either, although pleased to have a period of relaxation. I did wonder what it would be like with Peralte next to me, although found myself glad that he was not. My thoughts became jumbled at that point, and I did sleep.

Peralte looked up from a tablet that he was drawing upon when I lifted myself from the bed. I stopped with the realization that I was still naked. He however had treated me well last night, so I did not let my nudity bother me. I moved to again kneel beside his legs, and upon feeling my touch he spoke to me.

“It is early, but it can be proper for you to be awake. We can go ahead and get started. I have your clothes set out.”

I turned to see one of the outfits that he had bought for me the day before, but I let him know of my thoughts. “I must first go through my prayers. I forgot them last night.”

“Of course, no rush. Do you what you feel is right.”

He went back to working on his drawing. My memories of this man were of him being unconcerned with established systems. I thus considered him rather rebellious, although sought for a deeper truth.

“You do not believe in Tresepsus?”

“I told you last night that we were beyond religion. Still, the truth is that I know Tresepsus, and you do as well. I however did not feel that you liked him, because you drove a rather hard bargain with the guy, but I guess that shows just how little I knew about you.”

I had stood to look for the items of my religion, but turned to Peralte to ask, “You know him? A god?”

He reached to grab a scroll from the table. I knew the document, and felt it improper for him to hand it to me. I had accepted that he owned me. The command from Peralte to read it I felt to be rude, but I did as he requested.

The document was in a strange language. Somehow I understood it, but the words were not anything special. The paragraphs basically stated that the god Tresepsus renounced all authority over me and placed my future in the hands of Peralte. I read the document again realizing something, then handed it back to the man stating what I felt was true.

“Tresepsus himself wrote this.”

“Yes, so Mother Hana had no choice but to turn you over to me. I paid the money because I could, and so that Tresepsus could save face. Anyway, the point is that I do know him.”

Wondering about the man before me, I asked, “Does he pray to you?”

Peralte laughed before answering, “No. The guy is egotistical, and can get away with it because he has a working system. He also felt that he was doing the right thing with you. It took some convincing to get him to write that document. Anyway, we both pray to the same person.”

Accepting that my owner was on a equal basis with one of the guiding forces of my world, I asked, “So, I should pray to you?”

“And what would you pray to me about?”

I did not see any of the items of my religion. As magnificently dressed as I had been the day before, the items placed upon my body were not religious in nature. I thus felt unable to go through the morning rites. Wondering about how people prayed to Peralte, I turned to him attempting to form an answer to his question.

“Well, for a good day.”

“I am going to do my best to make that happen. Are you hungry?”

Honestly, I was. After hearing my answer, I was again told to get dressed. Wondering about the order of my days now under the authority of Peralte, I obeyed. He gave me what help I required, then worked to put some style in my hair. When he was finished, I looked in a mirror to indeed see a very attractive girl. I had seen myself before, but I never really considered myself that pretty. I looked at the image of Peralte standing nearby, and felt that he would indeed take care of me. I thus confidently told him that I was ready for breakfast.

I again found myself walking next to Peralte. It was not how I was taught to walk with a man, but upon exiting the room I again felt myself in unknown territory with a lot of people around me. I thus accepted his hand more than willing to assure that I stayed with him.

The food provided was not abundant, but it was good. Peralte tried to make small talk, but I really did not know how to respond to some of the things he said. I had lived inside a convent, so never really bothered by the weather. I could speak of the other girls in my group, but did not feel that I would ever meet them again. I mostly focused upon watching Peralte and attempting to learn what he preferred to eat. I felt that he was going to reprimand me for something when he sat back in his chair, but his words spoke of giving me instruction.

“This is what I keep warning you about, Vetacha. You have to stay alert, because even when you are watching trouble will come to you. If you aren’t alert, it however gains the upper hand.”

The lady that approached the table walked in a strange manner. She had a nice full face, and long locks of a bright brownish color spilled from the back of a rather large hat. While she wore a full dress, I could tell that her glide to our table was not managed with the usual style of steps.

Somehow, it did not surprise me to hear her say, “Meow, Peralte. She is a cute thing.”

“Assadra, let me introduce you to Vetacha.”

“Yes, she is nice, but you are supposed to be on a mission, Peralte.” The lady looked at me, tried to look at again at Peralte, but turned her head back to me. “Oh, my.” Assadra sat down at the table in a rather forward manner from sitting near the front of the chair, then asked, “What are you going to do about this?”

I believe that the question was directed at Peralte, even though she looked at me, and it was my owner that answered. “I am going to be her friend. My plans were for us to head into the Fachelnar Mountains. I believe that we both like the beauty of the mountains.”

“I enjoy the mountains as well. I will go with you.”

She signaled for the waiter to bring her some food. Peralte moved his hand to let the man know that she would indeed be his guest. Assadra pointed to my plate to let the waiter know that she would have what I was having. All of that happened so quickly that almost no break occurred between her statement and Peralte’s reply.

“I don’t know if your presence will help.”

“I don’t know if leaving the two of you alone is proper.”

“Don’t put limitations upon her, Assadra.”

“She needs to be given options, as do you.”

While I felt the exchange to be rather intense, Peralte suddenly looked to me and smiled. I did not understand, but felt it best to smile back. His eyes darted to Assadra, but locked on me as he asked a question.

“You are listening?”

“Of course.”

“Remember, you are my mission, so you have the authority.” He then turned to Assadra to confidently say, “I have to assume that there were certain agreements in your statement.”

The lady purred for a moment before replying, “No, but I know not to play games with you Peralte. You are known as a pleasant companion, but not one to play relationship games.” Assadra looked to me as she said, “Truthfully, you are probably the best thing for her right now, however,” she now turned back to Peralte, “I believe that I will need to keep you with options. Thus, yes, you may assume that we have an agreement, but with a number of restrictions.”

“Honestly, Assadra, I believe that you could help as … no, I take that back.”

“What?” I believe it was more shock than anger that registered on her face.

“You do not wear makeup.”

“Makeup? She is a girl.”

I wanted to reply, but Peralte did not give me a moment to interject my words. “She will still need to learn.”

“Why?”

“Because they did not teach her that in the convent.”

“Because they… what?”

The gaze of Assadra felt as it had weight. There seemed to be some pressure from her green eyes. I feared some deep memories being released, but kept silent accepting that I was in the presence of elders. It was not my place to speak. When Assadra turned her gaze back to Peralte, I felt relief.

“She is what… nine?”

Peralte commanded, “Vetacha, tell Assadra how old you are.”

I stayed silent attempting to remember. I tried to count my birthdays, and realized that I easily could remember nine. What troubled me were my friends, as they were always different. I looked back at Peralte feeling confused, and his words to me did not help my thoughts.

“The word you are looking for is twenty-six.”

Assadra spewed, “Are you telling me…”

Peralte calmly said, “I told you and everyone else that I knew where Mesapher was. I never lost him –“ his eyes shot to me as he added, “her.”

“Oh, fuck.”

“If not her, you.”

“Damn you, Peralte. What in Hell is going on here?”

“Hell is living eternity in someone else’s version of Heaven. It is not my place to decide, or your place to decide. It is also not our place to set limits.”

I felt that Assadra was going to leave the table. She sat back in an erect manner that I felt was her preparing to go. Sister Wondra would always place her back directly against that of the chair before telling us to finish eating. Assadra however spoke to Peralte instead of giving instructions to me.

“I am going to see this thing through. I might have somewhere else that I would rather be, but I am going to stay with you, Peralte. Damn.”

“As long as the agreements stand.”

I felt that the lady was angry as she replied, “Yes, even under those conditions.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com

Dilemma of Dreams - 5A
Page 1 of 1