Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Empty33%Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Empty67%Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) EmptyAbduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Voting_bar2Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) EmptyAbduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Voting_bar2Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TerishD

Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Empty
PostSubject: Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)   Abduction to Elfland:  Part 4 (19) Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am

Abduction to Elfland
Chapter Nineteen

Morgan:
Civilization

I do not know where the men came from, but there were not just ladies about the camp the next morning. Most were not wearing anything. The robes I saw the ladies wearing had been used as blankets, and I saw some nudity as they rose only to have them covered as they sealed the garments for going about the day. I saw some men naked as well, but found myself responding to Needay directing me to a pool of water to bathe.

Going into the water, she changed from her animal form to being a fox lady. She saw me look to her, and simply said that her hands did a better job of washing her than paws. I spoke of my own problems moving my appendages when a horse. I also spoke of my tail, and her reply to that was to have her thick, long rear member soak me in water.

Needay changed back into a fox as she came from the water. I saw her shake herself to send liquid flying from her body. I however then heard her mention a need to comb her fur. I was about to reply to Needay when something went off around her that appeared as a quick electrical display.

A lady cursed, then asked, "What enchantments are upon you, Vixen?"

Needay looked to me, then advanced with me understanding to step with her. Before us was an elderly lady with a large nose. Something about her however radiated power that had me think of her as not old. I accepted that I faced someone special and important, so listened as Needay spoke to her.

"You are not the only great power in this land. Morgan LeFay --"

"Morgan LeFay? Hah! Her power is not like mine."

I heard the voice of Tough Link ask, "And that troubles you, Baba Yaga? Why are you turning your attention on my fox?"

The lady with the big nose slowly turned her head from glaring at Needay to glaring at Tough Link. "I can finally give you an answer. Cursing a child is not a curse, which always trouble those that are responsible for the curse. That does not mean it is a blessing either, although those that work with the one cursed often feel blessed. I can give you answers Tough Link, but they will cost, and I doubt would really help you at all."

"Then let me tell you one more story, Baba Yaga. My first wife was told in a vision by Juno that she would not marry. When I arrived in Nemarble and showed her some interest, she jumped at the opportunity to claim me. She was a fascinating lady, and I treasure my time with her. She died giving me a child, and it is her doll that now shares my life."

"I did not need to hear that - she did."

I thought the statement odd. Needay jumped up, and I caught her in my arms. Finding the fox to snuggle next to me, I found myself realizing the statement to have applied to her.

As Baba Yaga turned and walked away, Tough Link approached to say, "If you want to talk about that, Needay, wait until we get away from here. I would even suggest waiting until we reach civilization."

The fox asked, "Do you know Morgan LeFay?"

"Yes, I know her. Not well, as my association with the Knights of the Round Table does not put me in a favorable light with her. Still, I have traveled upon Monsalvat and on occasion came near her estate. On other occasions I was invited to socials where she was invited as well."

"Then I will probably feel that you might understand what I tell you. Still, you are correct, in that we should talk about it later."

"Well, then, pack. As I am ready to get away from here."

I saw Needay look up to me as she said, "You're the one that needs to pack. Oh!" She looked to the larger man to say, "Your deputy needs a comb, as I will have him tending to me while we ride."

I saw Tough Link look to me as he asked, "Do you have any problem will combing her hair?"

I was actually shocked by the question, but managed to say, "No."

"Then I will get you a comb."

As he walked away, I asked, "Why should I have a problem with that?"

Needay answered, "You shouldn't, but having a lady allow you to comb her hair is an honor. He probably thinks that we are developing more than a friendship."

"Well, compared to the ladies around us, you were much better looking, Needay. Still, your gray has you look old."

"Your honestly helps my desire to be your friend, Deputy. I really think you should not be so open, but even Morgan LeFay had to acknowledge the power of those who retain their virtues. Now, let me have you get to work."

I found myself enjoying the time with Needay. There was something pleasing in combing her fur. I mentioned things about the hair covering her body and what I experienced during the periods that the blacksmith brushed my hide. The conversation that occurred had me enjoy the time traveling, although I found it strange when Needay made a comment.

"If I could, I would comb your hair later."

"Why couldn't you?" I asked. "I would let you."

"Because you are not mine to treat that way. I am presently a possession. While not yours, the one that owns me is your superior and has placed me in your care. You thus have liberties with me. I however have no standing with you."

"Why not as friends?"

"Our friendship is based on trust, not on social relations. Trust me, Deputy, as I am enjoying our friendship."

I changed the topic to mention her crawling into my shirt yesterday. She told me things about witches. Michechio joined us in this conversation. Since she spoke of being from the Witch Woods, I expected her to speak in favor of the inhabitants we met. She however spoke of the magic in the land, which the witches took advantage of, and how it could affect all manner of life. Needay spoke of sensing the power, and being scared of those who had some control over it. While she understood crawling into my shirt would really not help her, hearing her say that my presence did comfort her brought me some pleasure.

Our conversation was disrupted by Tough Link saying, "Well, secure everything, because we are going to have to cross the Dream River."

I brought my mount to a stop, then followed instructions to check the straps. The flow of water ahead of us did not look deep, but there was a strong current. Remembering my own time of being a horse, after checking the straps I moved up to look over the bed of the river to see where I could better direct the animal.

The voice of Tough Link behind me asked, "Any problems?"

I replied, "I think I could have made it, so I guess I'm ready to direct my horse through it."

"Your time as a horse really affected you."

The words seemed to be intended to bother me, but after thinking over my thoughts I replied, "I believe for the better. I did not like being a horse, but there were some good lessons in the experience. At the worst, there is no reason to just deny I ever was a horse."

"I have to agree with that. Most would however try to forget, but your attitude does seem to be healthy. Also, you and Needay seem to be getting along. What do you think about her?"

"She has a lot of the qualities I did not have as a horse. I thus find her to be someone I can talk to. I like her."

"Okay. Well, honestly, I expected her to have run off by now. I would hope that she has seen the benefit of traveling with us, and that we mean her no harm. Still, what Baba Yaga told me indicates there is more to her than I suspected, so I wanted your opinion."

I thought about what he said, then asked, "How old do you think she is?"

"In this land, you never can tell. Time is kinda funny here. Anyway, why?"

"Because she is looking for a man, and speaks of finding a lady for me."

"She isn't speaking of choosing you?"

I actually expected him to ask that question, so had an answer ready. "No. She has heard my comments of thinking she was older, but also I believe is looking for a fox person, like her."

"Well, watch it. That is what happened to me. I showed up in this world, and got myself married. I don't know your real intentions for your life, but this is a lot different place than what you are used to."

"I was hoping to go into the Marines."

"I really hope this world does not prepare you for that. We should be at an inn tonight. I know a place. Let's see what happens when we get into civilization."

I did need to dismount to provide the encouragement for my horse to cross the river. Tough Link was also leading his mount. Michechio stayed in the saddle, as did Needay. Other than the force of the current, nothing bothered the horses, so soon enough we were back to traveling.

I started seeing houses as soon as the trees became scarce as the land became very rocky. The stones were not as dark as those around the Neyluborn estate. While the buildings were constructed of rock, they were painted and otherwise decorated to give some sign of the personality of those that lived or worked inside. People were dressed in a type of loose attire secured to the body by tight collars, cuffs, and belts. While I was glad to see what I considered to be more normal houses and people, I looked about still unsure about what land I was in.

People seemed to know Tough Link, and he gave some coins to send word ahead about our arrival. A few I felt were beggars, but they received a few coins as well. Hearing the one I was with identified by so many, it did not surprise to hear his name one more time as we settled in a cafe for something to eat.

This man was very small. While I was sitting down, I still had to look down to face him. He however displayed no concern of his small size in facing the rest of us.

"Tough Link, this is my territory. If you don't inform me, I will send word to our king of your behavior."

The large man replied, "Go ahead, but expect a strong reprisal when I finally am able to present my case to Nezarraine."

The small person had to move about to look at each of us. Needay hissed at him when he came to examine me. He then moved back around to speak to Tough Link.

"It is good that you brought your wife with you, but who are the others?"

"I have Deputy Neblett, who is undergoing some training with me. I also own the fox, although she has taken a liking to my deputy. I am seeing if anything is going to come of it."

The man looked back to me, and when Needay again hissed at him he turned back to Tough Link to say, "Yes, well, is there anything you would like for me to acquire for you?"

"Some clothes for my Deputy. His fashion is rather limited in communities. Something with a broader range of acceptance in our land would help. If you can, a couple of rather exquisite garments would help. As you noted, I have my wife with me, and I also plan on going on to the castle."

Needay then said, "Some clothes for me as well, if you don't mind."

"I don't. Michechio is taller than the fox when she is a lady. I will worry about any accessories, but I would like a couple of exquisite garments for her as well."

The small man said, "It would help to get an estimation of her size."

Needay said, "I am naked right now, although my fur is pleasant enough. Should I change into a lady, my fur will not be enough."

"Ah, yes, I will do what I can. Will you be at Sinbad's, Tough Link?"

He replied, "You know I will."

When the little man left, I asked, "Is he trouble?"

"No. If I was less successful he could be, but I have my own reputation with the queen that I doubt will ever be tainted."

"Are you rich?"

Michechio replied, "Queen Allenorre just fills up my husband's purse when we visit. It is not that we are rich, but that we always are supplied with money."

Needay said, "Tough Link once saved the king."

Tough Link replied, "I give the king his honor, because he did not back down. He gives me honor in return, because I did not back down either. As for his wife, she put her trust in me before the major battle. I proved myself to her, and she has always let me know that she was glad I did what I did."

I said, "I remember something about you rescuing some children."

"Yes, it gained me renown in this land and in our home land."

Needay asked, "What are your plans? I would like to go after my own concern."

"We," Tough Link stressed the word, "are going to the Castle of Seven Towers. We will meet with the noble family and see what they can tell us. Depending on what we are told, we might decide it best if we separate. Knowing what I know of this land, I would doubt it."

Michechio added, "And I cannot say how fast the clothes will arrive, especially the exquisite garments."

Needay said, "Well, I did have a reason for wanting to come here."

"Tough Link and I have connections, Needay. Earn some honor with us, and you could well meet your objective."

I saw the fox look to me, so I said, "It is probably wise to keep working with them."

"Okay. I guess I do owe them."
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com

Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Page 1 of 1