Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
What is your NaNo Novel about? Empty33%What is your NaNo Novel about? Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
What is your NaNo Novel about? Empty67%What is your NaNo Novel about? Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
What is your NaNo Novel about? EmptyWhat is your NaNo Novel about? Voting_bar2What is your NaNo Novel about? Empty 
TerishD (1441)
What is your NaNo Novel about? EmptyWhat is your NaNo Novel about? Voting_bar2What is your NaNo Novel about? Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

What is your NaNo Novel about?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Urs

What is your NaNo Novel about? ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : What is your NaNo Novel about? Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

What is your NaNo Novel about? Empty
PostSubject: What is your NaNo Novel about?   What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2009, 10:35 pm

I suppose the title says it all.

Tell us about your novel.

My Novel is based in a High Tolkien fantasy backdrop, where a freed slave is trying to build a new life. My Intent is to make a story about a coming to life and recovery, of Hope and surmounting obstacles. However it is also Post Apocalyptic Undead Holocaust, so there is a healthy ammount of undead monsters and stuff and deparved world and all that jazz to try and "tougen" it up.

Yah, it's all over the place and the plot and story line look like a smashed a pumpkin with a sledge hammer.

So what is yours about?
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Snacker

What is your NaNo Novel about? ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : What is your NaNo Novel about? Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your NaNo Novel about?   What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2009, 11:44 pm

A young father is left with raising his child by himself. After his daughter comes back from summer camp he notices that her behavior has changed. A visit to the hospital and a talk with a doctor, makes him realize that losing his wife is just the beginning of what is yet to come.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: What is your NaNo Novel about?   What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2009, 7:14 pm

Sounds like a thriller. What Genre would it be?
Back to top Go down
TerishD

TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : What is your NaNo Novel about? Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Reply   What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2009, 7:39 pm

Snacker wrote:
A young father is left with raising his child by himself. After his daughter comes back from summer camp he notices that her behavior has changed. A visit to the hospital and a talk with a doctor, makes him realize that losing his wife is just the beginning of what is yet to come.
Sounds like a psycho-thriller to me. Could be horror, but from what you said I vote psycho-thriller.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your NaNo Novel about?   What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2009, 8:33 pm

To be honest, I'm not quite sure if I can answer that question. I would have said it's drama, because doesn't a thriller have like mystery in it etc.?
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: What is your NaNo Novel about?   What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2009, 11:58 pm

Drama works too, like real life crisis and issues like that?
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your NaNo Novel about?   What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 12:53 am

Yes exactly. That's what it's about in the book.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

What is your NaNo Novel about? ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : What is your NaNo Novel about? Th_wel10

PostSubject: Re: What is your NaNo Novel about?   What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2009, 1:24 pm

My story is about a family whose life was turned upside down at a young age. The first character I introduce was a sociopath/serial killer whose method was to boil Caladuim flowers and lace food and drinks with it in order for their throats to swell and suffocate. Turns out he was killed in prison after a year. In his wake he left a brother whose wife cheated on him many times with his brother, a sister who hasn't been around since their mother was placed in a mental hospital. The brother's wife also suffered abuse at the hands of her husband, (the reasons why she cheated I guess?) has left her family until he gets help. Help comes from the lovely Dr. Pride, who was brought in when Keegan, one of his 9 year old twin daughters defended her serial killer uncle in a paper she wrote at school. Giving the police (4 other main characters) a small list of who is next on the list. Haunted by her uncle the family's drama unfolds. In the end, after one of the officers falls victim to the copycat serial killer they finally figure it out.

With a plot twist at the end, I completed my Nano challenge early, yet my novel remains unfinished and in need of some TLC.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your NaNo Novel about?   What is your NaNo Novel about? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your NaNo Novel about?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: Scribbles Cafe'-
Jump to: