Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Dreams are Weird Empty33%Dreams are Weird Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Dreams are Weird Empty67%Dreams are Weird Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Dreams are Weird EmptyDreams are Weird Voting_bar2Dreams are Weird Empty 
TerishD (1441)
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Dreams are Weird

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leaka

Dreams are Weird Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : Dreams are Weird Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Dreams are Weird Empty
PostSubject: Dreams are Weird   Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 5:00 pm

I believe dreams tell us things about our lives subconsciously.
And with that said I wonder what my mind is trying to tell me.
Lately I have had dreams about cigarettes.
Now I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, I don't even know how to smoke a cigar or a cigarette, I'm afraid to even try one for the fact of the matter.
But lately I have been having dreams about being a chain smoker, smoking in general, me smoking.
I also have been having dreams about heavy drinking too. Now I hate alcohol, it taste gross, I don't ever want to drink it, makes me throw up.
But for some reason I have had been having dreams of heavy drinking, being drunk, wanted to be drunk.
[Now even before these dreams a long time ago when I was in middle school I had urges to being reckless and foolhardy, I have always wanted to smoke weed or do some sort of drug, but I thought I moved past the stage]
Has anyone had any of these experiences?
What does this mean about me?
Is there something wrong with me?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Dreams are Weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams are Weird   Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 7:32 pm

"...a dream is often a fixation, something one either wants or fears, and the more one writes the more ones dreams, and those dreams will evolve hand in hand with one recollection of them..." ventured the goblin only saying that writing, by its very nature of funneling ones imagination, was like a dream diary by default
Back to top Go down
Urs

Dreams are Weird ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Dreams are Weird Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Dreams are Weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams are Weird   Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 9:50 pm

Taken from: Dream Moods

Smoking
To dream that you are smoking, indicates that you are trying to shield yourself and others against your emotions. You have trouble letting others in.

Drinking
To dream that you are drinking alcohol, denotes that you are seeking either pleasure or escape. In particular, if you are drinking wine, then it is symbolic of a divine power.

Cigarettes
To dream that you are smoking or offering a cigarette, signifies your need for a break. It may also points to issues of� dependency.

However if you are against smoking and have this dream, you must analyze aspects of your waking life and what you are dong that may adversely affect your health.

Drunk
To�dream that you are drunk, suggests that you are acting careless and insensible. You are losing control of your life and losing a grip on reality. Perhaps you are trying to escape from a waking situation.

Intoxicated
To dream that you are intoxicated, indicates that you are losing control of some situation. The dream may also suggest that you have attained a new level of awareness.

Ok, well hope some of that helped. There are entire books devoted to dreams, their means and hidden meanings.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Leaka

Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : Dreams are Weird Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Dreams are Weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams are Weird   Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 9:57 pm

Wow thanks Urs.
I know that second hand smoke is ridiculous, but I am always around people who smoke.
I'm always breathing in the smoke, also my mom smoked before father and her decided to have kids. She went cold turkey and has never went back.
But could that be a reason for my strange smoking dreams?

I always dream about drinking Vodka, Whiskey, Scotch, etc.
Back to top Go down
Urs

Dreams are Weird ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Dreams are Weird Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Dreams are Weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams are Weird   Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2009, 9:21 am

Check out the site, and see what they have to say. I have no idea, I am not a dream expert. For all I personally know, you could be dreaming about smoking because you were thirsty and your mind was trying to explain why you were so parched.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Sketch

Dreams are Weird NewScribbler-1
Sketch

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Dreams are Weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams are Weird   Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2011, 11:31 pm

Sometimes dreams aren't necessarily a reflection of reality but an explanation of past experiences or deep hidden feelings? Just a thought...
Back to top Go down
Skwerly

Dreams are Weird Scribbler-1
Skwerly

Male
Number of posts : 79
Current Mood : Dreams are Weird Th_tha10
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Dreams are Weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams are Weird   Dreams are Weird Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 2:30 pm

I did quite a bit of studying on dreams a couple years ago, as they interest me to no end. MOST times, the thing in your dream is representative of something completely different, as Urs indicated.

It could be that you have secretly been wanting to misbehave lately, or do something you’ve never done but that is socially a little unacceptable? Or maybe just unacceptable to a family member or friend.

The harder alcohols may represent getting right to the heart of a matter. You don’t wanna screw around with a beer or two, you wanna do it right lol! It could, of course, simply mean you would like to try drinking and smoking at some point. The loss of control is appealing to us at certain points in our lives. That’s for sure! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreams are Weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams are Weird   Dreams are Weird Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams are Weird
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: Wellness Matters-
Jump to: