Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
System Check[Explicity Language] Empty33%System Check[Explicity Language] Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
System Check[Explicity Language] Empty67%System Check[Explicity Language] Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
System Check[Explicity Language] Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
System Check[Explicity Language] Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
System Check[Explicity Language] Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
System Check[Explicity Language] Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
System Check[Explicity Language] Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
System Check[Explicity Language] EmptySystem Check[Explicity Language] Voting_bar2System Check[Explicity Language] Empty 
TerishD (1441)
System Check[Explicity Language] EmptySystem Check[Explicity Language] Voting_bar2System Check[Explicity Language] Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

System Check[Explicity Language]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leaka

System Check[Explicity Language] Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : System Check[Explicity Language] Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

System Check[Explicity Language] Empty
PostSubject: System Check[Explicity Language]   System Check[Explicity Language] Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2009, 3:17 pm

The usual metal song from me.

System Check

You never understood
You never listened
Why are you such a f#$king b!tch?
You never put my condition first
You never gave me special treatment
But all of your other silly little friends
and do the same sh!t I do and it's new for
you

^chorus^
You're a b!tch