Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Favorite Television Shows Empty33%Favorite Television Shows Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Favorite Television Shows Empty67%Favorite Television Shows Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Favorite Television Shows EmptyFavorite Television Shows Voting_bar2Favorite Television Shows Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Favorite Television Shows EmptyFavorite Television Shows Voting_bar2Favorite Television Shows Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Favorite Television Shows

Go down 
+3
soujiroseta
KillarasGhost
HYdraMStar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HYdraMStar

Favorite Television Shows Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Favorite Television Shows Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Favorite Television Shows Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 12:29 am

Okay, we all agree that reading is a better outlet then the boob tube, but let's be honestly we all still watch at least a little television. So, what are the best shows around? What's worth a watch? What are you guilty pleasures.

For me my favorite shows have always been cop shows. My current favorite in this vein being Bones. It's horribly unrealistic. I mean, I wish the police and FBI had resources like that and some of the characters are a little 'out there', but it's also horribly smart and clever. I was surprised recently to learn the show is based on a series of books by authoress Kathy Reichs. But I haven't read any of the books yet, so I can't say how closely the show matches up.

My guilty pleasures are quite guilty.

East Enders, which is totally out of character for me because I absolutely hate soap operas. Maybe it's because it's about 'real' people and not millionaire/fashion model types like most of its American counter parts or maybe I caught my grandmother's love for all things British. Red Dwarf is still my favorite television show of all time. But I can't get enough of this show. I watch it every chance I get, which is usually only about once a week.

My other guilty pleasure is, America's Next Top Model. This is just trash television at its absolute best. The show has no redeemable qualities. Every week the cast seem to step into another stereotype regarding the fashion industry and I honestly thing they all suffer from short term memory lose and can't remember anything they've said prior to the show that's currently being shot. That is the only way all the contradictions they make make any sense at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
KillarasGhost

Favorite Television Shows NewScribbler-1

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 2:27 am

Buffy, Angel..... Stargate...... I like TV. Americas next top model is also a guilty watching... probbaly because at 15 I would have never wanted to watch it...
Kyle XY is a new one. I wished I could have gotten into Bones, but never really did. I will watch it everynowandthen but yeah... Sad
Back to top Go down
soujiroseta

Favorite Television Shows ScribbleSuperr
soujiroseta

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 3:07 am

How I met your mother
Friends
Scrubs
Eureka
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 3:17 am

KillarasGhost wrote:
..... Stargate......

I've never been able to get into the original series, but I will watch the Atlantis ones when I catch them on. The whole vampire/alien angle is very interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
x_paramore

Favorite Television Shows Scribbler-1
x_paramore

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 5:35 pm

Desperate Housewives
&
Friends
&
Criminal Minds.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Favorite Television Shows Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : Favorite Television Shows Evil10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 5:49 pm

My shows are:

House
Criminal Minds
Code Lyoko
Fringe
Project Runway
America's Next Top Model
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 5:56 pm

I can't get into Fringe for some reason. I think it's too much like the X-Files.

House, I loved in the first season. It kind of lost me last year. I still enjoy the character, but they just sort of have him doing the same things over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 5:58 pm

HYdraMStar wrote:
I can't get into Fringe for some reason. I think it's too much like the X-Files.

House, I loved in the first season. It kind of lost me last year. I still enjoy the character, but they just sort of have him doing the same things over and over again.

I liked the X-files and that is why I like Fringe.
I also like the movie Altered States and that is why I like Fringe.

I like House even the newest season. Even if its a little of the same stuff. Its cause I love House probably.
Back to top Go down
KillarasGhost

Favorite Television Shows NewScribbler-1

Female
Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 8:37 am

The Stargate Atlantis IS agood series. The original stargate got pretty much screwed up with our channels and being on late and gettign replaced with other shows or sports, which is a shame because it can be interesting. But I kinda liked it for Richard Dean Anderson. My pre-teen crush. God I was a wierd kid lmao
Back to top Go down
Teele

Favorite Television Shows Scribbler-1
Teele

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 4:33 pm

I barely watch any TV, and when I do, there's only a few things I actually enjoy:

Star Trek (any flavor)
Stargate (any flavor)
CSI (any flavor; the Original is best, though; Horatio is just too cool.)
The Simpsons
Just about any anime (Inu-Yasha, Hacksign, Bleach, etc.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.theclaybox.ca
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 6:28 pm

To tell you the truth I'm tired of Stargate.
I use to like it, but now it feels like their trying to milk a dried out cow.
The milk is no longer delicious.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Favorite Television Shows ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Favorite Television Shows Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 7:42 pm

I really wanted to watch the series premiere of Fringe but because I missed it I don't even know how good or bad it is. I'm a fan of Joshua Jackson since he was on Dawson's Creek which was one of my guilty pleasure shows of the past.

I'm a Frasier fan, always have been and still watch the reruns everyday if possible. I adore the characters and their eccentric qualities.

Love 'House'! I don't catch all the shows and I'm not up to date on the storyline that are going on but each time I watch it I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 7:44 pm

Kellycakes wrote:
I really wanted to watch the series premiere of Fringe but because I missed it I don't even know how good or bad it is. I'm a fan of Joshua Jackson since he was on Dawson's Creek which was one of my guilty pleasure shows of the past.
You have to watch this show when you can.
If you like the X-files you'll like this.
This is a good show.

I forgot another one of my favorite shows is:
Heroes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Television Shows   Favorite Television Shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Television Shows
Page 1 of 1