Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Antheel Rules Empty33%Antheel Rules Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Antheel Rules Empty67%Antheel Rules Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Antheel Rules EmptyAntheel Rules Voting_bar2Antheel Rules Empty 
TerishD (1441)
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Antheel Rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TerishD

Antheel Rules ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Antheel Rules Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Antheel Rules   Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 5:46 pm

This is tooting my horn and letting people know that I am a role-player.

For those that play D&D, there should be knowledge that 4ed has come. I was never happy with 3.5. My players knew my style and type of story, so accepted a growing number of house rules to keep the game similar to the stories that I tale. Not wanting my game to end, I have written my own rule book.

Antheel Rules

It is basically a toned down and rational 3.0 D&D. There is a new character race. A number of different character classes (and Prestige Classes).

At present the playtest version of the rules has been printed. The rules are being put into my own wiki. Once the rules have been checked and in the wiki, a PDF will be available. I expect to have the confidence to claim FINAL version next summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
Urs

Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Antheel Rules Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antheel Rules   Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2008, 8:59 pm

That is quite an involved thing you have going on there.

Looking good.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
TerishD

TerishD

Male

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Reply   Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2008, 11:10 pm

Thank you for looking. Yes, it has been a lot of work, although I believe it would be more work converting my game to each new system. I have the rules that I believe work best for my type of story and game style, and I don't plan on them ever going out of date. What is really satisfying are players attempting to find fault with the rules, but finding them rather solid.

Anyway, again, thank you for looking.
Back to top Go down
Teele

Antheel Rules Scribbler-1
Teele

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antheel Rules   Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2008, 1:25 pm

Heya Terish.
I downloaded your PDF, and I'm reading through it, and I have to say: good on ya!

I really appreciate writers who take the time and effort to build and flesh out their fantasy world(s). I like the different angle you've put on Antheel, that it's a Golden Age where heroes really ARE heroes and people are respectable and hard-working. I also like how you've specified exact rules that work well for you.

If there weren't a couple thousand miles between us, I'd put in a request to join your gaming group. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theclaybox.ca
TerishD

TerishD

Male

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Reply   Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2008, 2:18 pm

Thank you. By the way, I have been doing business with some Canadians that learned about a RPG that I wrote 2 decades ago. I always liked those rules, but it required more math than most wanted to bother with. It did not sell well, but it seems to have gained some notice. That is the advantage of Antheel Rules, I did not do it for money. I did it so I could continue gaming in the manner I wanted.

By the way, to anyone wanting to presently download the rules. The website is down at present due to technical difficulties. It should be back up soon however (some minor glitch in an update that I need to resolve).
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antheel Rules   Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2008, 4:08 pm

Teele wrote:
I really appreciate writers who take the time and effort to build and flesh out their fantasy world(s). I like the different angle you've put on Antheel, that it's a Golden Age where heroes really ARE heroes and people are respectable and hard-working. I also like how you've specified exact rules that work well for you.

Equally like I enjoyed your crystal world. I think the two of you have quite a bit in common as far as the gaming and world building goes.

Kudo's to you both.
Back to top Go down
Teele

Teele

Male

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antheel Rules   Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2008, 7:27 pm

Thanks, Urs!
I have yet to put Crystan into a game system, though I've always wanted to. I'm thinking that Terish's work might inspire me to do just that.

So, Terish, did you actually do work for Wizards or another gaming company? Or were you just an independent developer?
Back to top Go down
TerishD

TerishD

Male

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Reply   Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2008, 12:43 am

I was originally independent. The company was "Lords & Masters," but we were a section of a group of men attempting to pool our talents into various projects hoping one would work. I mostly did computer work, but also worked on the game. Others worked at running a printing company. None of it worked out, but I gained a lot of experience in company management and book development.

The present project was completely my own. D&D was going into 4th edition while I was not even happy with 3.5. What was worse was that you could no longer buy books from earlier editions (except through ebay). I thus started my rules to lock in my rules, and to enable me (or whoever) to be able to print out rule books whenever a new one was needed (or desired) -- Kinkos did a very good job of printing my books for playtesting.

My advice is to accept the challenge, then tackle it. To me no project is more fun than one that I have taken simply for the enjoyment of accomplishing. If you have a good world, work to put everything in the manner you desire. It takes time and effort, but in the end you should have something to be proud of.
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antheel Rules   Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2008, 8:30 am

TerishD wrote:
My advice is to accept the challenge, then tackle it. To me no project is more fun than one that I have taken simply for the enjoyment of accomplishing. If you have a good world, work to put everything in the manner you desire. It takes time and effort, but in the end you should have something to be proud of.

Good Advice!
Back to top Go down
Teele

Teele

Male

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antheel Rules   Antheel Rules Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2008, 10:04 am

Awesome. For myself, I got into D&D just as 3.5e came around, and so really, that's the only thing I'm versed in. Although I would probably base the majority of my work off the 3.5 SRD, I like a lot of the ideas I see in your Antheel rules (spending of XP to advance levels rather than simple acquisition, for instance), and I would have to re-work the spell system because 'magic' in my world is quite different. Plus, I'd like to make an attempt at streamlining the magic system a bit.

Quote :
To me no project is more fun than one that I have taken simply for the enjoyment of accomplishing.

Exactly correct. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Antheel Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antheel Rules   Antheel Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Antheel Rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: Scribbles Cafe' :: Role-Playing Games-
Jump to: