Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
This is how rumors get started. Empty33%This is how rumors get started. Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
This is how rumors get started. Empty67%This is how rumors get started. Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
This is how rumors get started. EmptyThis is how rumors get started. Voting_bar2This is how rumors get started. Empty 
TerishD (1441)
This is how rumors get started. EmptyThis is how rumors get started. Voting_bar2This is how rumors get started. Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

This is how rumors get started.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HYdraMStar

This is how rumors get started. Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : This is how rumors get started. Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

This is how rumors get started. Empty
PostSubject: This is how rumors get started.   This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2008, 10:52 pm

I've always believed that most superstitions and illogical beliefs are based on some strange happening somewhere in history that science at the time could not explain... or the priests happened to get there first.

With that in mind I give you, the demon cat; a witch's dream.

This is how rumors get started. Cat300

Isn't he cute?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Snacker

This is how rumors get started. ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : This is how rumors get started. Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: This is how rumors get started.   This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2008, 11:52 pm

Yes I do actually think that he is cute. He has those eyes...I don't know, but something about them is just magical. Absolute beautiful and awesome cat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
JuJu

This is how rumors get started. ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : This is how rumors get started. Th_alo10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: This is how rumors get started.   This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 2:29 am

Yes he is so cute ....
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is how rumors get started.   This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 4:41 pm

Yeah, he is a real cutie.

By the way, here, is a link to a news story about 'Yoda' the four-eared cat. I meant to include it in my first post, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

This is how rumors get started. ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : This is how rumors get started. Th_wel10

PostSubject: Re: This is how rumors get started.   This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 4:44 pm

I read this story a few days ago, and it's truly amazing. He was like a freak attraction until the couple said it was enough and offered to adopt him. He's is an adorable cat, and should be treated with respect. He looks a little devilish with those ears but all cats have a little evil in them.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is how rumors get started.   This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 4:56 pm

Kellycakes wrote:
... but all cats have a little evil in them.

Don't we all? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Snacker

This is how rumors get started. ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : This is how rumors get started. Caring10

PostSubject: Re: This is how rumors get started.   This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 4:58 pm

Absolutely! I totally agree with you in that point Hydra. We all have a little evil in us, some have more, some have less. But it is there. True!
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is how rumors get started.   This is how rumors get started. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is how rumors get started.
Page 1 of 1