Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Empty33%the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Empty67%the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 13 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 13 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+7
HYdraMStar
Leaka
Kellycakes
TerishD
Snacker
Urs
fleamailman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Topscribbler-1
fleamailman

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-01-17

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 10:55 am

repost from "welcome new members" thread, elsewhere

the goblin welcomes the new member saying "...it's all hush hush actually and I feel I can trust you here, but this site is, in fact, just a front for the "Homeland security service" and their operatives in their ongoing undercover work to root out the threat of cyber terrorism on the Internet...", the goblin paused knowing that it was all too hard to comprehend in one go, but he continued "...simply think about it, which site would you least expect a cyber attack to originate from, that is between some ultra smart nerdy eastern block country, the Taliban's site, the Nigerian spamming site, well those types of sites on the one hand, and, or, just somewhere like this site here then, where the members can, and do, manage to hit the "post" button from time to time, so that's right the members here are really sharp "Homeland security" operatives only pretending to be otherwise, very snide of them I know but in fact they're probably the best America has..."

Last edited by fleamailman on May 4th 2009, 5:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Urs

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 3:30 pm

man i love some of this stuff
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 3:53 pm

(the goblin liked this site too, saying "...honestly, if you saw the matching photos, the posts would make more sense perhaps, perhaps not...", in fact, the goblin today was thinking about someone who had had 1000 posts lost, because he had been banned from the site, "...so you see why now I have my own secret site somewhere, and yet post across so many other sites too, simply any number of sites can lock my "last post" thread, or delete it or my posts too for that matter, or ban me from their site leaving the "last post" open, or even the site or server could crash, whatever, and yet there would be me, and on other sites and servers would be my posts too, for this then is the power of the Internet...", in fact, the goblin could become a beggar on the street with nothing but the Internet would still have his posts)
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2009, 9:55 am

repost from a British "last post" thread

xxxxx wrote:
It hurt my brain reading this... need a dark room to lay in now

and with that the goblin welcomed yet another mommy, thanking her for her post, saying "...thanks xxxxx, well I really don't know much myself about this sort of thing as it is more admin's line I imagine, but for a dark space to rest ones brain in, I suppose a tobacco tin would be amply spacious don't you think, also I hear that Tesco are now doing a trendy "ready to go" sarcophagus at a knock down price, that is, complete with that "delicately scented embalming oils" spray function, not to mention that Salormoon style "quick self bandaging" button too, but then again I thought Britain was always dark anyway...", and with that the goblin somehow felt that he had actually done his good deed of the day then
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2009, 9:57 am

"...the truth is that hecklers jumping on ones typos is probably a good thing, if only because it shows you that one is not looking hard enough at ones own texts before posting, and although it might put one on the defensive each time for a while, in the end, once one has actually got used to double checking everything before one posts, eliminating most of those typos that is, the ability remains though out ones remaining lifetime, and you emerge the winner here..." mused the goblin, adding "...also, if you want to take up posting on a site where one becomes recognized for content, it might be a good idea to just read aloud the text before posting it...", in fact, the goblin often edited his posts by reposting them across sites, simply "content" tended to be universally accepted which, in turn, created a benchmark for him to aim at here, "...well, if you want something to remain of what you post that is..." added the goblin
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2009, 9:59 am

repost from the same British "last post" thread

the goblin just looked back over the ransom note, reading
Quote :
"listen you scum Saxons, us Scots have still got "xxxxx" from when we raided her tomb in the pyramid next to the pub and the lobar exchange, and unless you lot pay up promptly we will slowly feed her Scottish cuisine, yes, you heard that Saxons, real kippers, followed by haggis and then a fried Mars bar too, ah, bet that sends shivers down your Saxon spines, well if you had spines that is, but just to prove our good will in the matter, we will now lower the asking price from 90 pence to only 50 pence here, don't contact the police or be warned we will promptly play bagpipes and recite Robbie Burns to show you just how ruthless we can be when we are cornered, just put the money in an envelope marked "PM" and post it, I am looking forward to your speedy cooperation in this matter, I remain., yours faithfully, Gorden Brown whoops, someone else
and yet somehow the goblin wondered if the members of this forum really had that much money amongst them
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2009, 10:03 am

repost from "storytime" thread elsewhere

Cookie had somehow known, his mind somehow went back to the point where they had first met in fact, and now, looking at her, the years had sharpened her stare as if highlighted by those thin lines that had formed from the corners of her eyes outwards, "...I had to do it Cookie, you know that, the company's in a bad way and honestly, if there was any other way, believe me I..., ..." she paused, looking into Cookie's face to gage his mind still drowning in the shock of it, numbed with disbelief perhaps but not quite dead, she continued anyway "...I would have kept you...", the slow silence of the office contrasted completely with muffled noise of the factory equipment heard through the door, while they just looked at each other with nothing more to say, in the end he pressed his hands hard down on the elbows of the chair to raise himself, then, standing up, he took the file in some fake army fashion, clasped it in his left hand under his shoulder, and accepted her handshake before making for the door, where, one final glance found her her still looking at him until she then purposely broke off the eye contact to correct something on the computer screen again, the handle opened the door inwards to a incoming wave of machine noise and human commotion as he walked slowly back to his work group though really he just had nothing to say to them, his life seemed all so lost now
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2009, 10:03 am

repost from "storytime" thread

although their silence was never asked for, it just seemed given to this unfolding moment as each monk resigned himself to his own thoughts on this, their last cold rain swept Winter's morning together, how it was to them as if God himself had drawn some curtain of drizzling cloud tight around their solitary boats as they now rowed out against that short time left to them to reach the center of the lake, before they, and more importantly those three bells, had to perform that final act of defiance towards that Lord Protector and his roundheads, "...no, I see them still..." said the goblin now looking across the lake on towards the ruined abbey in the background, adding "...writer's see ghosts in everything...", the abbot signaled, and the monks lifted the boards that let slip the heavy bells into the murky cold water that fast swallowed them into its dark depths below, the goblin's vision just followed the anguish of the scene through those ever repeating moments
Back to top Go down
deathbypen

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Scribbler-1
deathbypen

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2009, 8:40 pm

What do we win?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 3:07 am

"...just the chance to "post on" here I suppose, and for someone who writes, could there really be any better prize I wonder..." replied the goblin, as if returned once more here to look upon his old posts again, saying "...ah yes, I won here a long while, while what I needed was to lose to win, and now, simply gone are my days of posting by myself, selfish perhaps but this posting is a journey to self is it not, well then why not share that journey..."
Back to top Go down
deathbypen

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Scribbler-1
deathbypen

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 6:04 am

Share the journey? Like Dorothy? I don't think she went to Oz with a goblin, but maybe she should have...maybe she should have.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 8:25 am

"...oh no, she went down that road with millions of readers, one of which had to be this goblin in his childnood..." replied the goblin feeling that he might have been holding the camera for that matter, or watching in some darkened cinema , grateful that those flying monkeys hadn't actually noticed him hidden deep behind the seat in front, "...oh but cinema seats were so much bigger in those days, wouldn't work now of course, I'd be a goner for sure..." went the goblin at it
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2009, 6:43 am

repost from elsewhere, just sharing again

Quote :
me

the goblin was having a problem with "me" as he saw them, perhaps the goblin was mad too, but, at least, the goblin was free, and would never turn himself to stone by what he did like the person writing this had, saying "... surely then, it's better to remain unknown as this goblin than "set in stone" of either a publishing world or your "dailylife" now...", simply their minds mused over the image of someone saying of person writing this here "see that person over there, well he's that goblin on the Internet", and then noting the observer's sudden disappointment at it all, but the goblin would laughed now, saying "...serves you right then, because you're "set in stone" of course, but not me, I'm alive and free until you break this spell here..."
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2009, 2:15 pm

Welcome back Fleamailman!
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2009, 2:46 pm

("...thanks..." replied the goblin, adding "...I'll post from time to time then...")
Back to top Go down
Pookabear

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 NewScribbler-1
Pookabear

Female
Number of posts : 23
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2011-06-29

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2011, 4:46 pm

The doctor walked up the steps of the old the house, reading the papers he had in his hands. he sighed just before knocking on the old brown door and waiting for someone to come to it.
Back to top Go down
http://ariaddict.deviantart.com/
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2011, 5:08 pm

(the goblin had left off posting on this forum long ago, saying "...nice place but I need to match my posts with pictures, or else I will never learn how to illustrate my works however much my actual writing might improve that is...", sadly it was only for this reason, where many other writer's forums were more liberal about illustrating, that the goblin had ceased to post, saying "...I'm still a member here, appreciating the effort too, where if something happens to change this impasse I return, promise...", whereupon the goblin wished well once more but didn't leave so much as fell silent again)
Back to top Go down
Snacker

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Caring10

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2011, 6:01 pm

Fleamailman, well hello. We never said you couldn't post any pictures, or at least that's not what I had in mind. Just choose the smallest option there is for the pictures. If they are too big it might slow some members down and we don't want that, now do we?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2011, 7:39 pm

("...then I shall return..." went the goblin happy again, adding "...I will post pictures to this thread alone, as I have much editing of posts to do now..." , where much had happened since he had last been here)
Back to top Go down
Snacker

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Caring10

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2011, 9:31 pm

I'm glad to have you back. Refer to this link here (https://scribbles.forumotion.com/t404-how-to-upload-a-picture) and choose the 320 px size for the pictures and it's all gonna be good. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2011, 5:59 am

("...ok, I'm just back to editing my posts again, where I'll venture beyond this thread went I've caught up with what's going on now..." mentioned the goblin)

repost from from elsewhere,

the now sulking goblin had just had another of his "last post" threads locked on him somewhere, so he would forget that site too, progressing elsewhere where the playing field was more level, saying "...no, just that there's so little time to build one's persona before one arrives at self here, where there's no room to doubt either, so the pact with the muse goes honesty, a shared life, and a thick skin...", and with that the goblin, feeling himself now over it, was back to pulling more rabbits from the muse's hat again, concluding "...this pen is mine mortals, fame and fortune are for those who wish to compromise themselves, but why conform to that wherever when there's one's journey to self instead and ever somewhere on this forumland for for those who post across it..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Hobbit-elijah-woods
320 1986
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2011, 10:55 am

repost from elsewhere, today's then

odd then but, what with the death of his mother and the casting of her ashes to the sea a year or so back, any continuity of the goblin's past as something either leading into his present, or of being part of his present even, had all abruptly ended by it, so the slate was wiped clean now, debts repaid in their full, but memory lane, or at least the one that the goblin had journeyed down so often with his gradually vegetating mum, had finally become just that then, just the road behind him then

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Lookingback
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Th_wel10

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2011, 1:47 pm

Glad to have you back Goblin!!! So what have you been up to?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2011, 3:00 pm

("...I have been conquering forumland in posts..." replied the goblin, whose anonymous notoriety went before him it seems, adding "...well, the writing goes from strength to strength only matched by the occasional swing of a ban hammer somewhere...", where in fact, the goblin had learned much about writing in posts now, moreover, the livewriting idea itself had caught on with others writing in their posts too, whereupon the goblin just butt in, saying "...enough about me, I have some catching up to do here, so post with me awhile, I will let you live if you do...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
What do I expect of my fellow writers? I expect other writers to criticize my work at every turn. My grammar, holes in the story, where I could improve and every little detail. Critics help me improve my writing in every possible way.

whereupon the goblin showed up, looked at the post and simply said "...welcome to here then, ah but please don't expect me to correct you now, where, in each correction that you accept as valid from me, a part of your individuality is lost by it, so I'll tell you what, if you join us posting on this forum, I will offer you a sense of deadline and a feeling of audience...", in fact, the goblin was fed up with coming across all these clones of perfectionism, simply for him the painters/writers/poets/musicians/filmmakers that the goblin actually admired in life had been the very ones that had branched out on their own as if complimenting the set norm here with their own uniqueness, saying "...look, if you want to write like everyone else then that is how it will turn out, meaning that sometimes the gods punish us by granting us our wishes..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 77a73b848163444549afab4b4e43a200_medium
323 2019
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2011, 6:12 am

repost from elsewhere, an american "last post" thread on the recent uk riots

"...the repression only masks the unrest..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...simply ourdearmedia is doing its level best to divert our attention and calm us here, by just pinning all the blame on kids, or on mindless vandalism, and on the looting, pretending that if one first calms down that things will get better and all blow over now, but what becomes apparent by its not being mentioned anywhere that this becomes a new kind of threat to them, the internal terrorism perhaps, and that in order to fight it, yet more monitoring of you is needed, all for your security of course, for example your face book page, where various little determining factors such as your radical views, your racial background, that broken family history, or single motherhood, being unemployed too, having islamic beliefs then, and umpteen other traits will collectively form an underlying profile of you against their loose cannon standard now, and where, if they haven't already started compiling this database yet, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will start doing so now..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v0_d3c6fNE&feature=player_embedded

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 America-flag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next