Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Empty33%Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Empty67%Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) EmptyTell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Voting_bar2Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) EmptyTell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Voting_bar2Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Snacker

Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Empty
PostSubject: Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey)   Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 4:04 am

1. Are you happy with your life now? If so, or not, give a description why...

2. Who can't you live without?

3. Why can't you live without them?

4. What do you think the meaning of life is?

5. What keeps you going in life?

6. Do you believe in soul mates?

7. Do you fit your zodiac sign?

8. Does love ever end?

9. Do you have a best friend?

10. What would you name yourself if you changed your name today?

11. Is there a song that defines you?

12. Would you consider yourself happy?

13. Are you envious of anyone?

14. Dinner and a movie or a picnic at sunset?

15. Do you think you picked your parents before birth?

16. Do you feel bad for bums?

17. Do you donate to charity?

18. Are you addicted to something?

19. Can you be in love with more than one person at a time?

20. Sun or moon?

21. What color is your aura from your perspective?

22. What are you stereotyped as?

23. Would your friends agree with your stereotype?

24. What do you want to be good at that you aren't?

25. Is there life on other planets?

26. Do you have a mission?

27. Who has influenced you the most?

28. If you died tomorrow what would you want to happen today?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Th_wel10

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey)   Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 4:38 am

It's a tough question to answer but I'd have to say yes. Over the past year I've become a lot more happier than the previous year and next year I hope things will be even better.

My sister is my best friend, and in all honestly has been taking care of most the household finances and if she weren't around I believe my life would be topsy turvy.

I can't live without her because she is my breath, she keeps me believing in myself.

No one can answer that for any one else. For myself I still can't answer it.

Writing, reading and being creative in general. Seeing the finish product of my time, being productive and feeling like I've made a difference in the world, if not the world in my immediate environment.

Absolutely, not everyone is lucky enough to find their other half but I believe its possible and truly a wonderful experience.

Yes, there is no doubt that I'm the bull of the zodiac. Proud of it too!

8. Does love ever end?

I think feelings about someone can change. Emotional connections that were once so strong can lay dormant or recede and eventually connections are broken.

Yes my sister is my best friend, along with my husband its a life worth living.

I actually like my birth name and wouldn't like to change it. I got off better than my brothers.

I want to say yes, I would actually choose "I'm Movin' On" by Rascal Flatts. The song defines every inch of my life to the letter.

Yes, as I said in question one, as of now I am happy.

I really want to say no, but in all honesty I'm envious of a lot of people. If I think about it though I'll get depressed and have to change my last answer which would make this survey longer than it already is and we cannot have that.

Both! If I had to choose only one I would choose the picnic, being outside on a breathtaking day is unbelievable but dinner and movie is always nice.

Yes, and I couldn't have chose a better set of people. My parents were incredible and hopefully they are proud of me.

Actually I do, some of them might have chosen this life, but others just couldn't make it on their own. They have become life's forgotten and no one wants to be in that position.

Sorry to say, not in recent years. But when I was a teenager I adopted a child, don't really remember his/her name or when I stop giving. As an adult we've donated to peta and other animal rights centers.

Cigarettes unfortunately, and coffee as well.

Depends on your definition I guess. You can love a million people if not more. Being in love suggest some type of sexual connection and if that's the case then I believe you can do that as well. One person might give you something the other person just can't.

20. Sun or moon?

Moon, it's the ruler of the night.

I'm projecting a beautiful rose color, a little deeper to this font color.

I'm not sure. I get lazy sometimes and if I'm stereotyped as such I would agree. But any stereotypes other then I take things too personally I don't know about.

I have no clue.

I work hard for anything I want to be good at. If you want something, you have to work for it, so there aren't any attributes that would fit here.

Probably, and I'm sure it will be proven 100% before my lifetime ends.

Follow my dreams and try to improve myself each and every day.

My mom climbed over obstacles to get where she's at, my dad is battling diseases and still finds time to smile at me, my sister works hard to keep up our semi-spoiled life and my husband who left his immediate family in Switzerland to be with me.

I would want someone to tell me that I was brilliant and help them change their lives for the better somehow. I want to feel needed and loved and show everyone that I know that anything I've done it was for them and for the betterment of the world.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Snacker

Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Caring10

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey)   Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 5:19 am

Yes I am happy with my life. I've become closer to who I want to be, have become closer to my dreams and also when there is still a long way to go, I now know that it's possible.

My wife - She is my life, my every single breath.

She gives me strength whenever I'm down and believes in me. I've learned so many things from her, have become a better man and see life in a different way then I did before. She is my better half and the rock in my life. I know that she'll always be there for me, doesn't matter what may come!

This is a tough question, but I think the meaning of life is to precious the smallest things in life. Be thankful for everything good you have around you and live as happy as you can.

My dreams keep me going. The things I want to accomplish before I leave this world and my wife who pushes me through when needed.

Absolutely. I'm sure that there is a soul mate out there for everyone. Some find it earlier, other ones later.

Definitely. I couldn't agree more on being an absolute fit for Aries.

8. Does love ever end?

It might get weaker, but I doubt that it'll ever end.

This would be my wife who has become my best friend over all those years as well.

I'm very happy with my given birth name, but I do like the names Livio, Kevin and Ryan.

I couldn't name one right away.

Yes definitely.

No I'm not. I think that everyone has a good life in its own way.

I like them both, but I'd pick the picnic at sunset. Being outside and having a picnic on a nice place definitely brings peace to my soul.

Yes I think so. I love my parents, and also when I don't have any contact with my mom and sometimes can't stand her, I have to admit that I've had a great childhood and wouldn't wish it otherwise.

Actually, yes I do. I haven't really thought about it, but imagine being out there, maybe even all by yourself is something horrible.

No I don't. It is only a question of having money though, because if I had enough money I would donate to children or/and animals.

Music. I can't live without music.

It is a question of what kind of love it is. You can love a lot of people, but you can be in love with only one person.

20. Sun or moon?

Definitely the moon. The moon surrounded by a lot of stars is something I find very beautiful.

I would say a pinkish. I'm relaxed and show love for the people around me. I am in peace with myself.

A hard shell with a soft soul.

Yes they are.

Playing the guitar and being more calm and not scary when angry.

Yes and one day it'll be proven.

Following my dreams and be there for the people who need me.

My dad who works hard every day to keep up his life, my sister in law who works her butt off to afford our lives and my wife who I'm very proud of because she doesn't give up on her dreams. I've never seen another person who lives life so peaceful. Amazing!

For someone to tell me that they're proud of me, that I touched their lives by just simply being in it and that I never wanted to harm anyone by the choices I made in my life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
HYdraMStar

Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey)   Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 7:58 am

Not really, but only because basically everyone around me have decided all at once to be as annoying and disruptive as they can possibly be.

Myself

Everyone else I can live without or with, no matter how 'important' to me they are or how much I care for them, but I can't live without myself.

The only goal of life is to survive and procreate. Everything else is either background or our pathetic attempt to see meaning or patterns where there are none.

Oxygen, food, and water.

I don't believe in souls much less them mating.

Those things are designed so that anyone could fit any random sign they are given... So, yes.

8. Does love ever end?

Always.

Yes.

Already done so.

No.

Wasn't this question number one? Really, try to keep up.

A lot of people, it's part of being human. A better question would be what I plan to do or am doing about my envy... but too late you wasted the question.

I try to avoid eating outside on the ground surrounded by bugs and dog/other animal's shit as much as possible.

Now, how in the name of Hell would I have done that? I didn't even exist yet.

Sometimes.

Only the non-religious ones that are geared towards training people for employment.

I have a really bad sweet tooth.

I assume this means romantic love, but either way the answer is yes. Anyone who says no is a fool who very likely doesn't understand anything about love or human nature.

20. Sun or moon?

Don't we need both to stay in orbit and for life to continue on this plant?

Clear, otherwise everything I looked at would have a strange hue to it.

Everything I am there is a stereotype for.

Not the smarter ones.

Drawing/painting

Don't know; don't care; but I find it unlikely that there isn't.

Yep.

A lot of people have influenced me, but the most notable persons anyone here is likely to have heard of are Clive Barker (his books really inspire me to want to write) and Anton Szandor LaVey (his work helped me understand myself and feel just a little less alone).

I'd want someone to figure out a way to revive and restore life to the recently dead... duh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
TerishD

Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Reply   Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 8:08 am

Yes. It is my life, and I will claim it and the kids.

Who? Me. I would say my kids, but I want them to move on and live their own lives.

N/A

To establish your meaning of life. I believe that there is an eternity, and our life here sets its style. Life here is to test you and force you to make certain commitments about how you want life to be. Those that avoid the decision are the ones that wander in the afterlife without purpose.

Life. Things that I want to do, things I need to do, and little time for either.

I would like to, but I have had no evidence of such.

Can I not? They are so vague and general that they usually apply to anyone.

8. Does love ever end?
No.

I have good friends.

Probably something weird and strange that would result in everyone continuing to call me by my present name.

No.

I do consider myself happy, although I also believe that I could be happier.

No. I have enough problems of my own.

Depends on the lady.

No.

No.

Not often. Usually I am the recipient of charity.

Breathing.

What? Yes. Can I have a committed sexual dependent relationship with more than one person at a time? No.

20. Sun or moon?
I am morning person, so I guess the sun.

I like green.

I really do not know. My children and students change from 'weird,' to 'boring,' to attempting to find me a girlfriend.

Probably.

Sculpting.

Nope. Even if there is, we will never encounter them, which results in the same answer.

No.

Various people in various ways.

One last day of the same old routine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey)   Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell us about life, friends and family (Survey)
Page 1 of 1