Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Empty33%Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Empty67%Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys EmptyChronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Voting_bar2Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys EmptyChronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Voting_bar2Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Chronicles of The Giant of Cullera.Toys

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alexandra

Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys ScribbleSuperr
alexandra

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Empty
PostSubject: Chronicles of The Giant of Cullera.Toys   Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2008, 10:36 am

These Chronicles have been going on for the past year but only verbally to my children and it’s only now that I’ve finally begun to put them in writing…Since you haven’t been in the car when I tell my children about the giant of Cullera’s doings there’s lots of explaining to do but it will come.. it will come….

Chronicles of The Giant of Cullera “Toys”

Pedro Vidal had been a happy man till he came back to work after lunch. The tractor he had left by the building site where a new school was being built was no longer there. He looked on the other side of the building and he even asked the security guard at the entrance if he had seen anyone drive his tractor off. It was all in vane as the tractor was nowhere to be seen and what’s worse, no one could tell him what had happened to it as everyone seemed to have been deep asleep on pavements till a couple of hours earlier. Pedro Vidal went to the police station and demanded to see the Police Inspector. He had actually planned to see the mayor of Cullera first but somehow he got distracted and ended up at the police station instead.

The police inspector just laughed at him and told him to take it easy, that the tractor would be back before the day was over but Pedro Vidal wasn’t having any of it; he shouted, he screamed and even threatened to burn the police station down unless his tractor was returned to him. In the end, Pedro Vidal had to be arrested and the mayor had to be called for, as after all, Pedro was the Mayor’s brother.

The mayor of Cullera wasn’t happy to be disturbed and shouted at the police inspector over the phone that he had better things to do than calming his brother over his lost tractor as he had his own crane and digging machine missing from one of his construction sites. The Police Inspector, who had an incredible, well, a strange sense of humour, just laughed at the mayor and told him to relax too.

“Oh, no! don’t tell me it’s him again!” said the Mayor of Cullera.

“Yes, I think it might be.”

“I’ve had enough of him” cried the mayor over the phone.

“There’s nothing we can do except send a note to his mother.” Said the policeman calmly.

An hour later, Rabossa, Cullera’s mother, was reading a little note that had been pushed through what she called a letter box which was in fact a deep cave in the mountain of Cullera. She had to adjust her reading glasses to read the small writing and when she finished reading the note, she left her home in search of her son.

She found him by the beach, pushing a crane about in the sand with one hand and pushing a digging machine with the other. She was pleased to see that he had at least listened to her and not wandered off somewhere far but she was not happy at the sight of his toys.

“Now, Cullera, you’d better go and put them back where you found them. They’re not yours.”

Cullera, the little giant gathered his toys to him and started crying. Rabossa went to her son and gave him a cuddle. “You’ve got your own toys darling; these people need theirs so that they can build little things. You’re not going to make friends by stealing from the villagers, you know?”

Cullera gave a couple of sobs and got up with his two machines in his hands. “Alright, I’ll give them back.” He said as he turned in the direction of the village.

“Oh, and don’t forget this little tractor you’ve left in the sea.”

“That one doesn’t work anymore.”

“You take those two back and while you do that, I’ll fix this one. You can return it after tea.”

“hummmmm”

The end
(594 Words)
© 2008 Alexandra Riera
September 21st - 2008

By Alexandra Riera
© 2008 Alexandra Riera
Back to top Go down
http://alexandrariera.spaces.live.com/
TerishD

Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Reply   Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2008, 5:47 pm

It is related in a style as that for children, so I won't complain. I expect that your children did not allow you to leave the story there, but demanded more information along with more stories. I will thus wait for other tales.

Some bitter pills were present however -

1) 'It was all in vane as the tractor was nowhere to be seen' VAIN.

2) 'through what she called a letter box which was in fact a deep cave' The hole in the door was a cave, or her home was a cave. Now that I have read the story through, I believe that her home was INSIDE the mountain and the cave was a safe manner for the chief of police to send messages. It could have been made clearer.

Those were the only ones that truly bothered me. As stated, I will wait for further posts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
alexandra

alexandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of The Giant of Cullera.Toys   Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2008, 2:59 am

well... the story is actually based on a mountain in a place called Cullera, the mountain has t he name Cullera written on it (just like holywood's) but with paint. I've called this Chronicles because it's not a story as such but pieces of what's happenning to the little giant of Cullera because wherever we seem to go by car we always find evidence that the little giant of Cullera has been there and done something to the place or left things behind.

The most difficult part was telling them how the giant came about and they liked it. (you said they'd ask questions... well they did!) .. I'll have to put that in writing too and hopefully the rest of the stories.... what's worse, I'll have to take pictures of the evidence as we find it..... I don't think I can remember where we found his left over birthday cake with candles and all.....

that VAIN word...I should have checked the thesaurus hahahah now I'll have to check just to see if vane means something....

as to the letter box, yes... they live in the mountain....hidden away.... a rather difficult thing since they're giants....

thanks for comments : )

Idea
Back to top Go down
Urs

Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of The Giant of Cullera.Toys   Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2008, 4:34 pm

ADORABLE!

I loved this. And you make the whole switch from Human to Giant seem easy and believable.

I love this type of tall tale telling.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
alexandra

alexandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of The Giant of Cullera.Toys   Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 3:57 pm

thanks Urs! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of The Giant of Cullera.Toys   Chronicles of  The Giant of Cullera.Toys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chronicles of The Giant of Cullera.Toys
Page 1 of 1