Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
What Fictional Character Empty33%What Fictional Character Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
What Fictional Character Empty67%What Fictional Character Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
What Fictional Character EmptyWhat Fictional Character Voting_bar2What Fictional Character Empty 
TerishD (1441)
What Fictional Character EmptyWhat Fictional Character Voting_bar2What Fictional Character Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

What Fictional Character

Go down 
+2
TerishD
HYdraMStar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HYdraMStar

What Fictional Character Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : What Fictional Character Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

What Fictional Character Empty
PostSubject: What Fictional Character   What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 8:24 pm

What fictional character would you most want to be? And why?

For me it's; Pie oh' Pah from Clive Barker's Imajica.

Pie is a mystif. Mystifs are neither male nor female, but a third sex all together. Not only are they of a race of people who live very long lives, Pie is over two hundred years old, but they can take on whatever appearance and/or sex their partner or strangers they meet in passing desire. As you can imagine this gives them a lot of power over other people and can come in quite handy in a tight spot, but they are rare. When one is born, only once every generation, it is cause for great celebration.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
TerishD

What Fictional Character ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : What Fictional Character Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Reply   What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 9:10 pm

Fictional characters? Are you kidding? Do you know how much trouble those characters get into? They have problems worse than my own. I feel sorry for them, and am often glad that I am not them.

Following your line of thought, Hydra, I tend to sink deeper into alternate characters. Female characters give me the most trouble, because ladies are also human so I believe I can relate. Having had two wives, two daughters, and numerous females in the family (my son is called 'the boy' because he is the only male grandchild with six aunts, two sisters, and over a dozen female cousins) I believe that I can 'think' like a lady, but it is rather difficult at times. I thus at times wish that I could enter the bodies of some of my female characters simply to get a real feel for their lives.

Of course, writing fantasy, I have created bizarre characters whose personalities and lifestyles have interested me. Getting into their 'skin' has given me some fun.

To truly answer your question though, well, my namesake TerishD (Terish Dozzrine who has a story being presented now). I have gone on some fantastic journeys due to imagining his life. He has some really awesome problems however, so I am always glad to wake up and realize that I am not him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
whitehart

What Fictional Character NewScribbler-1

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What Fictional Character   What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2008, 12:56 pm

I am a bit of a romantic....so I've always wished I was a Carpathian. I think they do fall under fictional characters. They have this thing where they have lifetime mates that I think is pretty cool. But also the fact that they don't kill their victims for blood also intrigues me
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/whitehart
x_paramore

What Fictional Character Scribbler-1
x_paramore

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What Fictional Character   What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 5:05 pm

Elizabeth Bennet. :P

Mr. Darcy=Love. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soujiroseta

What Fictional Character ScribbleSuperr
soujiroseta

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What Fictional Character   What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 2:56 am

I wish i could be my namesake and avatar Soujiro Seta from the Rurouni Kenshin anime universe.

i think that i would like to be him because i associated with him because of his past and how he tries to hide it. he's very intriguing for me and is one of my top characters of all time.
Back to top Go down
Teele

What Fictional Character Scribbler-1
Teele

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What Fictional Character   What Fictional Character Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 2:13 pm

Hm. There are many characters I'd like to be.

Foremost among them is my own creation, Teele, from my Crystan world, and a primary character in my current unfinished novel, The Tome of Daemus. When I created Teele I put into him everything I wanted to be; someone who desires to know things, who feels deep empathy and love for those around him, who always tries to do his best, and who desires to advance himself as a person.

As for characters I haven't created, I think Grand Admiral Thrawn from Timothy Zahn's Star Wars: Heir to the Empire trilogy would be my first choice. The man is brilliant, artistic, charismatic, and an excellent leader. He can get inside the heads of his enemies by studying their culture and art, allowing him to predict almost uncannily what their next move will be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theclaybox.ca
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Fictional Character   What Fictional Character Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Fictional Character
Page 1 of 1