Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Empty33%No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Empty67%No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C EmptyNo Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Voting_bar2No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Empty 
TerishD (1441)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C EmptyNo Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Voting_bar2No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TerishD

No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Empty
PostSubject: No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C   No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2011, 7:58 am

No Zombie for a Neighbor
Day Seven

Part Three: My Man Theo

Hearing Theo scream at me that we were attracting zombies seemed a very silly thing for him to say. I however remembered what the press of undead did to the Mitchell’s fence. That bothered me more than the sight of the zombies upturning the cab used to pull trailers. What they did to others was one thing, but I did not want to lose what safety I had finally gained. I thus silenced myself and turned to hush the children who began to scream and cry along with me.

Theo rushed into the yard and began gathering our clothes and tools we had used earlier as he told the children to stay quiet. I looked at him strangely, especially after he told me that we were going to attack the zombies in the other house. I told the children to stay quiet in the house, then began helping him as he explained his plan.

“We cannot have the zombies break our fence. We are thus moving into the other yard to do things. If the zombies break into that yard, that is not so bad. If we actually manage to clear the house however, that is good.”

The phone rang, and I answered then listened to Annette as my husband and I moved to the next yard. “Livonia, what should I do?”

“What can you do? Your yard isn’t safe anyway.”

“Well, what are you doing?”

I explained Theo’s plan as I watched him set up a belt to keep the door from fully opening. He showed no concern for making noise. The diesel engine in the street was making a much louder racket. A nail went into place through a hole to be used for securing the belt upon a person. Finding the door still locked, he then moved to get a wheelbarrow and moved it beneath a window. I had to speak with pride with Annette as I saw my husband drive my crowbar through the pane of glass and into the skull of a zombie.

The phone was set down on the steps as I joined my husband in the wheelbarrow. I used the cane to pull zombies to the window where Theo could drive the crowbar into their skulls. I did worry about another zombie falling through upon us, but the frame of the window proved to be strong enough to take the pressures applied. The phone was picked back up as my husband reached through a broken panel to unlatch the window and give him access to the house.

“We got another house over here,” I bragged.

“I sure could use a couple of men in my life,” Annette said, “but I don’t see any way to rescue them.”

“No. They are going to have to turn that truck off and wait for the zombies to disperse.”

“I don’t know, Livonia. The undead can see them through the window.”

That was a fact. Truthfully, I however felt that the idiots in the truck should thank God that the windshield stayed in one piece. Hoping to keep Annette thinking positive, I spoke of another fact.

“Most cannot see, but react to sound. If they stay quiet, most of the zombies should run off to other noises.”

“Well, I guess I can wait a little longer for my man. How are things going over there?”

The belt set to keep the door from opening now worked against me entering the house, so I ended the phone call. “We are about to check this house. Call the others and let them know things. I will be with Theo.”

It was not as big of a house as Theo’s, ours – I guess – now, but it had been rather nicely furnished. The zombies had not done a good job of keeping the place up. Not much food in the frig. Looking through the house, I however heard Theo mention something.

“Trojans.”

“What?”

“Protection.”

I launched myself upon my husband. Right there on the bed I opened up his pants, then went to work assuring that he was hard while I stripped everything from my bottom. He did not stop me, which was a good thing. I believe that he was mystified, but I did not explain myself at that time. I simply took my husband inside me and enjoyed the natural pleasure that his body could provide.

When he finally finished, I stayed on top of him as I gave him a lecture. “Don’t you worry about any protection. Especially now, as we are married. Whatever child comes, it will be ours.”

He tried to explain himself by saying, “But we already have three children to worry about.”

“Listen, you don’t worry about that. What you just did, THAT is what I want you to worry about. Yes, coming into this house was a good idea. That is where your mind needs to be right now. When the zombie menace is over, you need to worry about returning to your education and getting a job that will support a wife and a number of children. You do not EVER need to worry about me, except if you look at another woman. If you want to feel boobs, mine are right here.” I had not taken off my shirt, but I took one of his hands and let him feel the soft flesh through the cloth. “If you want me, I want you knowing that I am wanting you as well. Your mind has to be on other things than conceiving of methods to get a woman in your possession. I am yours whenever you want a woman. You don’t need to worry about protection, or saying sweet things, or even looking your best.”

He again tried to speak in his defense. “I will worry about you.”

“And you did. Let me say again that your move to come to this house was a good one. It was the right thing to do. You fully deserve what I just did for you.”

“Well, you could end up with a lot of work.”

“You’re the one becoming the doctor. Everything I am doing is natural. I will be more than happy providing for you if I know that you are there providing for me.”

He had the audacity to lift a hand and point a finger at me as he said, “Well, again, I want you to know that I do accept you as my wife.”

I let him know another thing about me. That action got me angry. Even though I did not like his response at all, I let him know that the attitude did not get in the way of my beliefs.

“Oh, no! We are past you accepting me, but you need to get yourself used to it.”

I had my head go pass his hand to put a lip lock on his face that had him squirming. What little of him remained down below was still inside me, so I fully felt his movements. By the time that I released him, I knew that he had indeed gotten my message, although his words this time had the proper attitude.

“I believe that I will spend the rest of my life wondering how I got a woman like you.”

“And my mother will be wondering how I managed to end up with a doctor.”

He laughed, then I did as well. We continued to cheerfully play with each other as we used the shower. I just dried myself off, then strode into the bedroom to look in the closet. There actually were some clothes that I thought would fit me. The shirts were a little large for my husband, but I had him try on a couple. We laughed some more as we chose outfits, but before we put them on I found him able to again provide me with some pleasure.

Before leaving the house, Theo and I looked out the front window to find that the truck had actually been pushed by the zombies. Luckily, they continued to focus on the large vehicle and not the surrounding properties. I did fear that the fence in front of Annette’s house had been bent over, but I changed my mind seeing the mass of undead in her yard flow sideways instead of directly toward the truck.

I called my mother to ask her about her opinion of the situation. It was Rita that answered the phone, and we provided each other with what information our views could reveal. She mentioned being worried about a gas tank rupturing with a spark causing a fire. I spoke of the vehicle being tipped over, and not actually crashing into anything. We agreed that the zombies really had not done enough to hurt the truck.

The children rushed to us when we came through the door. We mentioned that the other house was clear. They noticed that we had different clothes. I spoke of Annette’s house possibly having things for them, like toys, but none were in the house we just cleaned of zombies.

Theo said, “Well, we need to check the yard beyond the one we just cleared. The house on the other side of us is no better than Annette’s.”

I simply said in reply, “Okay.”

“That is what you want me to think about?”

Making certain that my husband truly understood things between us, I asked, “Any reason you can think of as needing to worry about me?”

“You’re my wife.”

“For the rest of your life. That thought should however stop you having to worry about me in a certain way.”

He smiled as if pleased with my answer. He then approached to kiss me. I rewarded his action by again putting a lip lock on the man, and when we broke contact I let him know that I would worry about him in certain ways as well.

“We need to eat. Pizza would be nice, but I guess that we will need to microwave them when the boys in the truck can finally make their delivery. Don’t pay them however, as they will be late.”

Theo roared with laughter at that, although quickly reduced himself to chuckling while looking with worry to the window. Seeing that the threat continued to focus upon what was in the middle of the road, he released some of his joy by becoming active with the boys. I had set something out earlier, and asking Claire for some help I began to prepare supper for my family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com

No Zombie for a Neighbor - 7C
Page 1 of 1