Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Empty33%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Empty67%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Scribbles Hotspot!

Go down 
+16
soujiroseta
Leaka
Urs
Bick
Khaleaya
Chrome
alexandra
whitehart
AliceInWonderland
Spyqueen
TerishD
JuJu
Snacker
Saphira
HYdraMStar
Kellycakes
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 2:24 am

8. Okay, your house/apartment is on fire. You can only save three personal items. What are they?... Assume all other people/pets living in the house are safe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Snacker

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 2:36 am

Quote :
8. Okay, your house/apartment is on fire. You can only save three personal items. What are they?... Assume all other people/pets living in the house are safe.

- My briefcase where all my drawings and a lot of my writings are in.

- My laptop, because I have a lot of my music and my pictures on there. And because I just need to have a laptop.

- And a statue of Buddha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Th_wel10

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 2:36 am

9. Which of your poems is your all time favorite you've written?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 2:58 am

10. Final question. So, remember to pick the next victim. What has been the weirdest moment in your life? It can be something paranormal, spiritual, or just out right strange.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 4:02 pm

Quote :
9. Which of your poems is your all time favorite you've written?

A long way to go

I'm walking on a street, a quiet street
Around me the desert
It's a very hot day
And the air is dry

I'm walking there just with my backpack
Inside a bottle of water and a picture of you
The water that I don't die with thirst
And the picture to save energy

I don't know where I am
But my love to you leads me
I don't know when I am with you
And I don't know how many miles I still have to go

The only thing I know
Is when I'm there you will be ready for me
You will give me your whole heart
And in the meantime I will wait

I will walk slowly
That I'm not to early with you
Cause I give you time
Never mind how long it goes

I will be there
When you need me
And I will be there
When you want me

The other thing I don't want
Is to corner you
And I know you will give me your whole heart
When the time is ripe

And when the time is ripe
You will be mine
Forever you
Forever me
Forever us
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 4:10 pm

Quote :
10. Final question. So, remember to pick the next victim. What has been the weirdest moment in your life? It can be something paranormal, spiritual, or just out right strange.

When I was at the beach in Spain and I dreamed that I was at the beach in Spain. I wished it really bad, and when I woke up I was at the beach. It was only a dream, but it felt so weird but still awesome the same time.

This is the only weird thing I can think of right now.

The next victim is Kellycakes.

1. What in your opinion happens after dead?
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 10:55 pm

2. What do you consider more important connecting with and understanding yourself or connection with others?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2008, 12:50 am

Quote :
1. What in your opinion happens after dead?

I have many opinions about death. As I've said many times before I believe this is hell so if 'God' exists then I honestly believe in a afterlife. I imagine it would be a lot like life but under better circumstances. I've struggled with believing in God and the only answer I could give is I'm certain that 'organized religion' is a ploy to pull the world in too many directions and again if there is a God then he wouldn't have wanted us to be apart of any of them.

Short answer: If there is a God, there is an afterlife similar to this one. If there isn't, we are just dead, and will go to the earth as ashes and dust.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2008, 12:57 am

Quote :
2. What do you consider more important connecting with and understanding yourself or connection with others?

I don't in anyway believe that I could ever begin to understand others without first understanding myself. I oftentimes have trouble connecting to other people because of this.

So I would first evaluate myself in all aspects of my connection to certain people before pursuing any type of relationship, social or otherwise. I think my understanding of me is more important because that tells me and others what type of person I truly am.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2008, 4:49 pm

Come on people. We still have 8 more questions to go for our lovely Kelly.

3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2008, 5:06 pm

Quote :
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I love asking these type of questions, but answering them aren't as easy.

5 years from now I can see myself signing my second bestseller at Barnes and Noble in Flagstaff Arizona. My agent calling me on the phone to set up yet another book signing across the country, but I'm arguing with her because I don't like flying so she moves it a couple days so we can drive down there. I find myself talking with a young girl who says I'm her favorite writer and asks if I could give her any advice to a young aspiring writer. I do tell her; 'don't give up, keep writing, and keep striving and you'll find yourself in my position giving advice to others.'. There is a steaming cup of coffee on the table and unfortunately I'm still craving a cigarette that I've tried a dozen times to give up unsuccessfully.

All the while my two children are running through the store, their father chasing them because mom doesn't like to be embarrassed. Aunt Juju is holding tight next to me, finalizing our road trip plans and setting up a new bunch of books for the people in line. One kid skins his knee and runs to me. I apologize to my fans, telling them I'm a mom first and foremost. The laugh, understandably. The next person asks about my next novel, I give them a preview.

We have a strong intuition, especially when contemplating someone we love, that love is real and transcends its physical manifestations. Charlie was beautiful but had a secret, she was in love with Alisha who was married and going through the most troublesome relationship of her life. Will she take advantage of the young Alisha? Or will she be the friend she is expected to be and help her through?

(I completely made this all up, but hey we can dream can't we?)
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2008, 5:15 pm

4. What makes a great relationship a great relationship?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2008, 6:38 pm

Quote :
4. What makes a great relationship a great relationship?

The simplest answer I could give you is 'Communication'. Which is a problem sometimes in our own relationship. I have this theory that if I don't talk about it, the problem will go away or solve itself. A theory that has failed many times but one that also gives me time to reevaluate myself on a level no one is allowed to be apart of. Communication is important but I also believe that when you live with someone, or know someone on a deeply personal level, you should know their little quirks or hints as to what they want and when they want it. Maybe thats just me.

What makes a good relationship great? I'm not sure I could answer that completely because most of us spend our lives bettering ourselves and in essence bettering the world around us, including our personal relationships. Communicate, love without demands or expectation, and continue to improve yourself and things should work themselves out. Relationships are in essence the way of life and if you live you in effect will have have relationships, not only with yourself but with others. Hence the way you live your life will be the way your relationships play out.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

HYdraMStar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 11:39 am

5. (halfway point) Are their any subjects that you will not address in your writing? Either because they make you uncomfortable or you don't think it is wise for you to do so.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 6:48 am

Quote :
5. (halfway point) Are their any subjects that you will not address in your writing? Either because they make you uncomfortable or you don't think it is wise for you to do so.

Not at this point. Rape was a big issue for me because I gone through the experience but what I found out and what I was fueled most by was that specific subject. When it happened to me I was dead inside for many years afterwards. Writing about it in the beginning was therapeutic and eventually turned my depression into anger and then into coping and slowly moving on from the experience. It took me twelve/thirteen years to talk about it openly and my parents still don't know what happened. So I turned my story into fiction, which left me and readers open to discover the issue for themselves on different levels.

I usually stay away from Politics, mainly because I don't really understand them. Once I've grasped a certain point, that point is contradicted and everything gets jumbled, so I don't even bother.

That is also one of the things I enjoy about 'writing'. What makes you uncomfortable as the writer can be rearranged, changed, or deleted to you as the writers stand point. Its yours to create and maintain as you see fit. This is also the reason why many 'great and exceptional' writers don't get to the level they deserve by industry's view. Because writers that don't follow the rules but are innovative are what make this profession great.
Back to top Go down
AliceInWonderland

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Scribbler-1
AliceInWonderland

Female
Number of posts : 44
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 1:30 pm

If you would be a colour, which colour were you and why?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 6:57 pm

Quote :
6.If you would be a colour, which colour were you and why?

Very hard question with so many colors to choose from. My favorite color is pink, simply because its pretty. My second color is green, and I think that is what I would choose. Why would I choose green? Because it is the color that defines me. I've learned over the years that green is not only my lucky color but also the color representative of intellectual genius. The famous genius's of the world's favorite color has always been green. How cool is that? I am in fact very intelligent. Sometimes I lack common sense but highly intelligent. And of that I'm proud.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 7:31 pm

7. What motivates you?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 8:22 pm

Quote :
7. What motivates you?

In writing, the idea and accomplishment of creation.

In life; you, Julie and the rest of our family.
Back to top Go down
JuJu

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Th_alo10

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2008, 2:37 am

Who do you admire in life and why?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2008, 2:28 pm

Quote :
8. Who do you admire in life and why?

There are a few people I admire. You for instance, for taking care of me, for being there for me when life wasn't so good. For being a sounding board when I needed someone to talk to or yell at when I'm pissed off for no reason at all, or for every reason in the world.

I admire Sevi, for giving up his life in Switzerland because he loved me that much to start our life together as soon as possible.

I admire my parents, my mother who raised 4 kids on her own without much help from anyone, who was disowned by her entire family but she still managed. My father who without a high school diploma, managed to get a job with General Motors, work his way up and build a pension and life for us kids, even since he's only my 'real' dad.

I admire people who work hard for what they want and don't walk over others to get it faster. I admire people who are willing to lend a helping hand to a fellow human being even when the chips aren't in their favor.
Back to top Go down
JuJu

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Th_alo10

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2008, 5:08 pm

9. What is the worst thing you had to do so far in life?
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Snacker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2008, 5:15 pm

10. What is it that completes and gives you joy the most about the thought of being a published writer?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2008, 7:11 pm

Quote :
9. What is the worst thing you had to do so far in life?

This is a very hard question. So hard in fact I don't really have an answer for it. The worst thing I have had to do.. hmmm. The worst thing; maybe moving away from my parents. I should have done it after high school but I wanted and they got use to me taking care of them, so when it came time for us to leave they didn't want us to go. And for some odd reason we allowed them to get us back to Michigan. So its a tie between leaving home and coming home.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2008, 7:23 pm

Quote :
10. What is it that completes and gives you joy the most about the thought of being a published writer?

The fact that I've done something no one ever thought I would do. Other then you and Julie, I've never felt encouraged by anyone, so I pushed on even though I began believing that my passion would never equal to the goal. Being a successful has been a dream of mine since I was a starting teenager and since then I've never given up the dream, even though I've wanted to. So when it does happen it will be an overwhelming sense of accomplishment if anything at all.

Finally I'm done. And now for the next victim: Saphira
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scribbles Hotspot!
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next