Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Empty33%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Empty67%Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 EmptyScribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Voting_bar2Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Scribbles Hotspot!

Go down 
+16
soujiroseta
Leaka
Urs
Bick
Khaleaya
Chrome
alexandra
whitehart
AliceInWonderland
Spyqueen
TerishD
JuJu
Snacker
Saphira
HYdraMStar
Kellycakes
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Topscribbler-1
fleamailman

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2009, 10:57 am

Leaka wrote:
4. If a muffin began talking to you, what would you do?

the goblin then looked at the forth question, thought for a bit and then noticed his empty coffee cup feeling that surely he couldn't have drunk already and without any recollection of having done so that is, he cast those knowing glances at people around him in the bistro and then turned to the question again, "...actually this is quite a common occurrence, if not even a daily one for me..." said the goblin uncalmly, continuing "...well, not a muffin per se, but those people who choose various personas, of which one, if only out of politeness, should always accept without question..." to which the goblin thought for a moment about the other places he had visited this morning, "...well, I was speaking to "the princess in her tower" on one "last post" thread, while replying to "the man with the pointy hat" on another, while here I seem to remember that an "elf" and a "prince" pop in from time to time..." in fact, the goblin noted that there was quite a large list of people now who delved into using a persona occasionally, "...one simply has to have a persona if one is going to write in third person since writing "the person who is writing this" each time is very dull, isn't it..." said the person who writing this waving a hand to grab attention, "...another coffee please..." he calls over to to the counter where the "larger than life" bistro's owner wife, who could even be larger than two lives in fact, replies "...coming senor goblin, anything to make you happy my sweet one..." and with that the goblin's day is made

Last edited by fleamailman on February 12th 2009, 10:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2009, 2:50 pm

5. What is your favorite color?
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 4:06 am

6. You've thought of a strongly plotted story but it requires you 48 hours without any sleep to get it out the way you want it, do you stay up to finish the story? Make an organized list of details then go to sleep? Or just forget the story and go to sleep with hopes that your ideas will be there when you awaken?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 9:54 am

Kellycakes wrote:
6. You've thought of a strongly plotted story but it requires you 48 hours without any sleep to get it out the way you want it, do you stay up to finish the story? Make an organized list of details then go to sleep? Or just forget the story and go to sleep with hopes that your ideas will be there when you awaken?

the goblin showed up, "...well, that was quick, thought I only replied to the last question a moment ago, now another question, goodie, you humans are getting good at questioning..." mentioned the goblin still seated in the bistro though outside it was a bright white day somehow contrasting perfectly with this grotto like interior, and between the vibrant music and the kicking coffee the goblin's mind was revving away for once, "...good question mortals, not easy, guess I'd do all three options then Kellycakes..." the goblin voiced breaking for his thoughts and a quick sip again, continuing "...actually, Muse wouldn't let me sleep if it was one of her works and knowing me I would write through the night following each moment of her spell like vision longing to know how it ends probably more than anybody who might read it later that is, but she also knows that there's bits and bobs that I mix in, she never gets it quite all her own way it seems, after all, the vision has to written out in words doesn't it...", at which point the goblin almost believed that he too could be a writer if he had enough coffee, motivation, and some intense suicidal deathwish adding "...silly me, I was getting carried here..." but the goblin also knew that nothing is ever finished in "live writing" that is, it was just stored and polished backstage somewhere to be posted at the right moment on sites across the Internet, meaning that the goblin did make those notes, that organization needed, and the rest, only that the deadline was often more instant than "standard writing" since the goal here was always having something that could relate to the topic in hand, since ones recognition was by what one was posting at that point and not by some previously released stuff, "...Oh and if she's "on form" you can forget the third option straight of, you'll never get to sleep when one is still trying to make sense of one of her plots, the sandman's nemesis if ever there was one but I love her still...", meanwhile the man in the mirror was wondering if the scribblesbots had read this far saying "...keep it short goblin...", "...sorry mirrorman, I forgot about the American attention span problem..." as the goblin quickly signed off again
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 10:28 am

Leaka wrote:
5. What is your favorite color?

(guess which stupid goblin forgot to press the "post" button this morning losing his answer for question four before closing his laptop)

the goblin doesn't have a favorite but "white" reminds him of blanc, blanc as in a white page, footprints on the snow and the open slot, "...white then..." the goblin stated, adding "...white is the color of devious temptation to me..." and with that the goblin took extra care by first rolling up his sleeve, then by drawing a pointed circle in the air in goblinlike readiment, till finally he then expressly dives his index finger headlong into the touchscreen to hit the post button this time
Back to top Go down
Urs

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 2:29 pm

fleamailman wrote:
(guess which stupid goblin forgot to press the "post" button this morning losing his answer for question four before closing his laptop)

Boy do I know that feeling.

Next Question: #7

What brought you to Scribbles and how do you like it so far?
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 6:06 pm

8. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 6:18 pm

9. Sorry to inform you, but the waitress(er) who served you that last cup of coffee is starting their career as a mass murder and you are their first victim. They have slipped high powered rat poison into your coffee and soon you will dead, again sorry. A year from now, when the murderer has gone on to kill thirteen more and is finally caught, your image and name will be splatter all over the news. A well known true crime author decides to write a book about the killings/victims and researches every aspect and deed of your life, both online and off.

What will they title the chapter about yourself and what will the first paragraph be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 7:00 pm

HYdraMStar wrote:
9. Sorry to inform you, but the waitress(er) who served you that last cup of coffee is starting their career as a mass murder and you are their first victim. They have slipped high powered rat poison into your coffee and soon you will dead, again sorry. A year from now, when the murderer has gone on to kill thirteen more and is finally caught, your image and name will be splatter all over the news. A well known true crime author decides to write a book about the killings/victims and researches every aspect and deed of your life, both online and off.

What will they title the chapter about yourself and what will the first paragraph be?

the goblin's future ghost showed up to write the reply here, "...oh, so someone did bump off the old fart after all, figures, mind with all that coffee he drank he was a good as poisoned already..." the ghost read the the next bit, "...OK, "what will they title the chapter about yourself and what will the first paragraph be", um, no idea, better call the muse over for this one, it's more her type of thing I belive..." as he looks at her pointing to the screen with both prodding index fingers, then wisely jumps back letting her take control of the keyboard as she freezes in front of the slot

Quote :
"...you know, looking at this place..." an inebriated arm swung outwards above two cannons of white sitting on the bistro table, presenting those other neat tables and most empty chairs, "...but.." as he splayed his fingers out in an outstretch hand only to turn them inwards clinching into a fist that, in a sudden pull, he returned towards his chest with a severe vice like motion "...she killed them, one by one by one..." not that he was talking to anyone in particular around him, he fixed his gaze on someone and then the monolog just continued "...oh, and there was that old bloke with the laptop..." he smiled at remembering "...that's right, the one that mumbled texts, always seated in the same corner table that is, yes, he was the first one, ever looking across the room or making sideways glances at people, rarely talking, just typing, always typing, silly looking guy, oh what was his name again...", the man seated near by replies "...I think it was fleamailman, can I get you another glass perhaps..." the drunk is first surprised then nods with a smile, as the man signals the waiter "...make that two canons please..." as the waiter pours the hard dry white "...so you knew fleamailman then, did you know the waitress too, look, you see I'm writing a book about this whole thing and I've got the basic details together, the plot, the people's background, but the motive is missing, or at least it doesn't seem plausible to me, I mean, she didn't gain anything by it, so why poison people in the place where one is serving, surely the police would know straight off wouldn't they, unless..." and with that the man broke off hoping the drunk would fill in the blanc, "...sorry, well yes, yes, she killed them, one by one by one..." the voice was losing coherence, the eyes glazed over in a stupor, and the interview was over but the man just asked again "...why commit a crime which leads deliberately to ones own incrimination here..." as he picked up small slip left with the drinks, and, walking over to the counter, pays it, somehow the encounter with the drunk hadn't changed the facts as the stood but somehow again those same facts no longer seemed to fit so neatly here, there was more to it the author now knew, and it would come to him, at least he knew that much, but which one was the real motive here, as his mind seemed to make a mental list again but none of those motives seemed to sing to him, and with that he knew he would return the next day too, "...I know this is trying to tell me something..." the man just voiced softly in the street walking away
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2009, 11:11 am

Leaka wrote:
8. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

looking at the Muse the goblin had a some idea of what criteria fitted the bill here, but alas the man in the mirror was a paragon of sane sobriety who never once strayed from being his normal everyday Dr Jekyll self, in short, he and his Internet self were at loggerheads though that is what made him tick he felt
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2009, 3:44 pm

10. This is the most simple question ever, do you speak whale?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2009, 5:22 am

Leaka wrote:
10. This is the most simple question ever, do you speak whale?

"...IIIII, ssssspppppeeeekkkk wwwwhhhhhaaallleeee vvvveeeerrrryyyyy bbbbaaaaadddddllllyyyy..." went the goblin never quite sure if he had got the right, mind you always lurking in the background was that whyly dislexsick friary "...knope dowhent U tork abaut mee pleez...", or the British civil servant "...by...the....time...you...have....read...this...the...snail...will...have...crossed....the...courtyard...." and then there was the Australian who wrote backwards and upside down "...ǝʇɐɯ ʎʇıuɐs ǝʌɐɥ ɹǝɥʇɐɹ ɐʎ plnoʍ 'ɥʇnɹʇs ʎq ɟlǝsʎɯ ʇnu s,ǝɥ ʞuıɥʇ 'uılqoƃ ǝɥʇ ʇnoqɐ ǝʇɐɯ ʎɹɹos 'ʎɐppooƃ...", and then there was all the west country accents he had done in his blog "...Izabe fine thank you now youzabe reading this that is..." and umpteen other writing tricks and styles that the goblin had used in posting to date, but the goblin was a thief, he simply took anything he liked and kept an edgy eye out for anything which suited his purpose for his posts, even pictures, because he was anonymous, "...oh, and what about the AOL thumb messenger text style "..."W3 HOLD THESE TRUTHS 2 B S3LF-EVIEDNT TAHT AL M3N R CREAETD EQUAL TAHT TH3Y R ENDOW3D BY THERE CR3A2R WIT CARTANE UNALEINABL3 RIGHTS TAHT MONG TH3SE R LIEF LIEBRTY AND TEH PURSUIT OF HAPIENS!1!1!1 OMG LOL", what do you think..." asked the goblin who anyway thanked the humans again for their questions somehow seeing now that the site was coming along with the posts "...posts are the lifeblood of a site..." he just repeated
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 3:24 am

Well I think you've missed a question in there, have another look through them please. Once you've answered all your question be sure to choose the next victim of the Scribble's Hot Spot please.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 7:20 am

Urs wrote:

What brought you to Scribbles and how do you like it so far?

"...aha, the hidden question, even two questions in one then, lucky me..." said the goblin, in Chamonix's one and only, well far more just "only" to be precise, McDonalds, who then now took note of the question(s), "...so "what brought me to scribbles" then..." said the goblin who first paused thinking it best to be honest, then continued "...actually, I can only be on a certain number of "last post" threads at any one time, simply I stay, where the pull is, and leave, where the push is, so this creates a turnover, where either I no longer feel happy on their site, or where the site no longer feels happy with me, and although this turnover is not high but it is naggingly constant, so there is turnover that brought me here if I think logically about but...,...", in fact, the goblin was being coy again in that also knew that the other side of the coin was that amazing sensation of just landing somewhere completely unknown and seeing how the site would react to having a goblin, who was talking in third person, on a "last post" thread that he himself had created there, "...it's exactly like jumping onto a stage, or buskin, and seeing if I can win over the audience from nothing, but we can go into this another time..." mused the goblin turning back to the question again saying "...so I arrived here following the link from some other forum with only a vague idea of what the site was about, and it was one of three forums I joined on that day, and the only one remain on now..." said the goblin seeing the clock had crept up on him again, and that he would now have to reply to the other bit of the question later, the clock then pounced but the goblin was quicker
Back to top Go down
Urs

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 12:26 pm

So who would you like for us to question next FleaMailMan?

(That sneaky 11th question is always waiting)
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 6:09 am

Urs wrote:

how do you like Scribbles so far?

the goblin found the scribbles a touchstone, it's members were focused on writing, and, in the goblin's agreeing to not posting pictures here, his posts had actually been returned to the sole power of the words alone, which he felt was excellent thing in itself he felt, as long as he didn't give up illustrating his post elsewhere that is, in that when one starts illustrating posts, ones ability to see pictures in terms of the works grows, and conversely ones ability to see texts in the light of relating to the pictures grows too, "...it's that "what is this picture saying to me" or "...what does this text look like..." thing I think, but that's by the by here, and rather than than this, far more important is the feeling that one is sensing ones muse and, back on scribblebot, that feeling is very strong..." ventured the goblin who thanked the scribblebots for their questions, which he had enjoyed, and now the goblin knew that he would just cut/paste his replies to his lair for cannibalization into something else where need be, he simply voiced that same old line agian "..."to live" is to win, as "to post" is to win too, but "to build up those wins" is to triumph" here, thank you bots for the fun then..."

Last edited by fleamailman on February 17th 2009, 6:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 6:15 am

the goblin didn't know who hadn't been interviewed here and therefore was open to someone suggestion as to who should be the next person to reply to the questions
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2009, 5:18 pm

I'd say just pick someone who's currently active on the boards. You might want to send them a private message to let them know you put them in the hot seat if you aren't sure if they read this forum, but other then that it's really open to anyone here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2009, 7:50 am

the goblin just wondered if there was someone who hadn't been interviewed yet feeling that everyone had already been interviewed here, "...I could start with the first person again if you wish..." suggested the goblin
Back to top Go down
Poet

Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Scribbler-1
Poet

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2011, 11:20 pm

This thread is very popular, when is someone going to start things back up around here? I would volunteer if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   Scribbles Hotspot! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scribbles Hotspot!
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16