Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Here is my real head Empty33%Here is my real head Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Here is my real head Empty67%Here is my real head Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Here is my real head Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Here is my real head Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Here is my real head Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Here is my real head Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Here is my real head Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Here is my real head EmptyHere is my real head Voting_bar2Here is my real head Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Here is my real head EmptyHere is my real head Voting_bar2Here is my real head Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Here is my real head

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HYdraMStar

Here is my real head Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Here is my real head Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Here is my real head Empty
PostSubject: Here is my real head   Here is my real head Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 12:26 am

I found this site through myspace.com and figured why not join. It's a Sunday night and I got no place better to be. Besides, unlike many of the new writers sites I come across on the a daily basis, it actually looks like the creators put some thought behind it.

I'm not really sure how much about myself I'm expected to share here or even how much you guys want to know and/or care. So, I'll use the ask if interested policy.

I"ll be turning over my first completed novel, The Reluctant Prince, to an editor in a few weeks, mid-fall at the latest. It's actually the first in a series of dark fantasy; The Infernal Empire. I also try my hand at poetry from time to time, with some interesting and not all together bad results. For the most part my poetry can be found on my blog, www.hydramstar.blogspot.com

Be forewarned; my blog contains a few entries of an adult and/or "controversial/blasphemous" nature and my language does stray from PG-13 in some areas. If that sort of thing upsets or offends you then it might be best if you stay away.

I only have two rules when dealing with friends and other people: 1. Don't preach, meant in both the religious context and any other. Stating an opinion is fine, but when things move in the direction of 'my way is the only right way' you'll lose me every time. This usually only becomes an issue among other writers when the subject of self-publishing is raised. 2. Don't ask for my opinion unless you want to hear what I really think.

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Thanks for having me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Snacker

Here is my real head ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Here is my real head Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Here is my real head   Here is my real head Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 12:39 am

Hi HydraMStar and welcome to Scribbles.

I already like you. You say what you think and that is how you go on in life especially in writing. If someone tells you the whole time your work is good and then you go further and everyone says it sucks it won't bring you nowhere.

I already checked your blog and read a few pieces of yours and honestly I think they really good. Maybe you can post some over here as well in the poetry section?!

I look forward to ask you for your opinion though, because I know it will be honest!

Thanks again for being here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
HYdraMStar

Here is my real head Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Here is my real head Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Here is my real head   Here is my real head Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 2:06 am

Thank you for the welcome and I have already added one poem to the forums here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Snacker

Here is my real head ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Here is my real head Caring10

PostSubject: Re: Here is my real head   Here is my real head Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 2:13 am

You know in the forums 'Poetic Justice' and 'Literates Feature' you are always very welcome to reply what you think, because those are the forums we want criticism! So please reply and share your opinion with us!

I've read your poem. Very nice work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

Here is my real head ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Here is my real head Th_wel10

PostSubject: Re: Here is my real head   Here is my real head Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 2:49 am

Hello HydraMStar!

I'm so glad that you can join us. Your into is great, we are looking for some eccentric opinions here so don't hold back. Again welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Saphira

Here is my real head ScribbleSuperr
Saphira

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Here is my real head   Here is my real head Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 4:42 am

Hello HYdraMStar Very Happy

Greets Saphira Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
JuJu

Here is my real head ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : Here is my real head Th_alo10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Here is my real head   Here is my real head Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 1:56 pm

Hello HydraMstar, Welcome to our site. I hope you enjoy it and if you need anything just give Kellycakes,snacker ,or Jules a yell and we will gladly help. Once again welcome....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is my real head   Here is my real head Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is my real head
Page 1 of 1