Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Waffles or Pancakes? Empty33%Waffles or Pancakes? Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Waffles or Pancakes? Empty67%Waffles or Pancakes? Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Waffles or Pancakes? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Waffles or Pancakes? Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Waffles or Pancakes? Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Waffles or Pancakes? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Waffles or Pancakes? Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Waffles or Pancakes? EmptyWaffles or Pancakes? Voting_bar2Waffles or Pancakes? Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Waffles or Pancakes? EmptyWaffles or Pancakes? Voting_bar2Waffles or Pancakes? Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Waffles or Pancakes?

Go down 
4 posters

Waffles or Pancakes?
Waffles
Waffles or Pancakes? Empty17%Waffles or Pancakes? Empty
 17% [ 1 ]
Pancakes
Waffles or Pancakes? Empty50%Waffles or Pancakes? Empty
 50% [ 3 ]
Anything with Syrup
Waffles or Pancakes? Empty33%Waffles or Pancakes? Empty
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
HYdraMStar

Waffles or Pancakes? Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Waffles or Pancakes? Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Waffles or Pancakes? Empty
PostSubject: Waffles or Pancakes?   Waffles or Pancakes? Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2008, 3:31 pm

While things are heating up around the country with election day, I thought a bit of silly voting was called for.

So, which do you prefer, waffles or pancakes?

Personally I like waffles, they don't get as soft when you put on the syrup, but I make better pancakes. So, usually I eat pancakes at home and waffles when I go out... Frozen toaster waffles are gross.

cooking
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Bick

Waffles or Pancakes? ScribbleSuperr
Bick

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Waffles or Pancakes?   Waffles or Pancakes? Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2008, 3:51 pm

Pancakes all the way. I LOVE pancakes. I make them at least twice a week. I'm more for corncakes, but I go with the wheat pancakes as well. <3
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Waffles or Pancakes? ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Waffles or Pancakes? Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Waffles or Pancakes?   Waffles or Pancakes? Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2008, 5:51 pm

I have to go with pancakes too. A good breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausages and pancakes is something so yummy. I like waffles too. With a few pieces of fried chicken and waffles with some syrup on it. Yummy! But I like pancakes better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Leaka

Waffles or Pancakes? Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : Waffles or Pancakes? Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Waffles or Pancakes?   Waffles or Pancakes? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2008, 2:33 am

I like waffles.
My mum got me into waffles when I was young.
Waffles was one of my very first meals besides milk.
Waffles are delicious.
Especially Belgium Waffles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waffles or Pancakes?   Waffles or Pancakes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waffles or Pancakes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: Scribbles Cafe'-
Jump to: