Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Empty33%I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Empty67%I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore EmptyI Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Voting_bar2I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Empty 
TerishD (1441)
I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore EmptyI Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Voting_bar2I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HYdraMStar

I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Empty
PostSubject: I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore   I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2008, 1:56 am

by Hydra M. Star

I cannot write long poetry anymore
No matter how much passion
Or sorrow
Or rage
I put into them
The words simply will not
Fill up a page
I cannot write long poetry anymore
But I know
I have not run out of things to say
It is just that what I have to say
Takes up such little space.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Urs

I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore   I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2008, 11:04 pm

This just made me laugh... thanks for sharing this.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Leaka

I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore   I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2008, 2:40 am

This is kinda of funny and cooky.
And I like it, but at the same time I dislike it.
I really don't like how people write about what they cannot do anymore.
It isn't about what you cannot do.
Its about what you can do.
But other then that I think this is funny and cooky.
And kinda crazy.
Good job.
Back to top Go down
John Yamrus

I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore ScribbleSuperr

Male
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore   I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2008, 4:00 pm

nice.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore   I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2008, 7:24 pm

I'm glad you guess enjoyed it and I take is as a great complement that I made you laugh Urs. We need more of that in the world right now. And yes, Leaka it's meant more or less in a cooky way and not really a statement on what I can't or want to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Kellycakes

I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore   I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2008, 2:44 am

It didn't make me laugh at all. Its more or less informational to the poet. Or at least that is the way I've read it. Its has a different feel from all your other pieces and that is why I enjoyed it so much because its a change from what I've seen from you. So often we write and expect things to turn out one way, but they come out totally different and poetry isn't an exception to this medium.

Nice job.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore   I Cannot Write Long Poetry Anymore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1