Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Gross or Embarrassing Things Empty33%Gross or Embarrassing Things Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Gross or Embarrassing Things Empty67%Gross or Embarrassing Things Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Gross or Embarrassing Things EmptyGross or Embarrassing Things Voting_bar2Gross or Embarrassing Things Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Gross or Embarrassing Things EmptyGross or Embarrassing Things Voting_bar2Gross or Embarrassing Things Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Gross or Embarrassing Things

Go down 
+2
Kellycakes
Leaka
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leaka

Gross or Embarrassing Things Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : Gross or Embarrassing Things Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Gross or Embarrassing Things Empty
PostSubject: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 4:50 pm

I thought this would be fun.
A topic about the grosses or most embarrassing things that have happened to you.
It would be fun to share stories.
So, what are your gross or embarrassing stories? BTW, I'm talking real life.
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

Gross or Embarrassing Things ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Gross or Embarrassing Things Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 5:02 pm

I have sorta a funny story. About 4 years ago Halloween we (my family and I) went on a haunted hay ride. The ride wasn't scary at all, just some silly little monsters jumping out of the woods. But I'm absolutely afraid of Michael Myers, the character from the Halloween movie. I mean not just scared but scared to death kind of scared. (Or I use to be rather.) and so when he came out of the woods walking slowly without a care in the world and a knife in his hand, I flipped out.

I didn't scream at first, I was trying to catch my breath when he picked up pace and the trailer slowed down all at the same time. Then I felt a hand on my back, it is at this moment the screaming and crying began. Well the ride ended and after all that commotion my head was banging, when I found out that my nephew was the hand on my back and my sister peed her pants because my screaming is what scared her most. We laugh about it now but it was embarrassing because the kids on the trailer were laughing at me. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
KillarasGhost

Gross or Embarrassing Things NewScribbler-1

Female
Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 8:56 am

Gross: My brother and I were on the trampoline. I was on my back and he decided to hauk a loogie. It went up and then it came down.... only shirt. Blech!!!!! Gross. But thats the mildest thing but I remember it really well.

Embarressing: In primary school, I was in the library and I farted... and at ten years old and having the librarian reprimand you because she heard ot is pretty embarrassing. Nowadays: Embarrassing means pretty much everything I say lmao. I'm a little awkward some times :p
Back to top Go down
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 6:25 pm

KillarasGhost wrote:
Gross: My brother and I were on the trampoline. I was on my back and he decided to hauk a loogie. It went up and then it came down.... only shirt. Blech!!!!! Gross. But thats the mildest thing but I remember it really well.

Embarressing: In primary school, I was in the library and I farted... and at ten years old and having the librarian reprimand you because she heard ot is pretty embarrassing. Nowadays: Embarrassing means pretty much everything I say lmao. I'm a little awkward some times :p

That sounds like a lot of fun Killaras
Back to top Go down
KillarasGhost

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 4:21 am

lol You shold of heard me scream.

Another embarressing incident was when I had the flu and being a checkout chick, I didn't want to share my germs so I had a bottle of sanitiser. Anyways, I sneezed and then used the sanitizer except I squeazed the bottle too hard and sanitizer goop stuff landed on this guys meat +_+ I pretty muchs used a cloth to wipe it up and mumbled that it was sanitizer so it shouldn't hurt (the meat was wrapped in plastic) and then charged him noney and then he left.

I could of died!!!!
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Gross or Embarrassing Things ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Gross or Embarrassing Things Caring10

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 3:57 pm

When I was a little boy I spent a lot of time outside with my family. So one day I was sitting on the swing, looking at the sky. Suddenly a bird flew over me and because I was following it I fell off the swing. It is not really embarrassing, because I was a little boy, but I still remember that.

While being outside again, playing with other kids, I saw a snail. I went over there, took the snail on its shell and licked it. Not only once, but twice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 3:32 pm

That is gross dear, why would lick a snail, more than once at that. Yuck!
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Gross or Embarrassing Things ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Gross or Embarrassing Things Caring10

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 3:35 pm

I don't know, but I said I was young and I didn't know what to do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

Kellycakes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 3:42 pm

You didn't know whether or not to lick a snail?
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

Gross or Embarrassing Things Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Gross or Embarrassing Things Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 4:52 pm

And just think Kelly, that's the mouth you've been kissing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Leaka

Leaka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 5:39 pm

I will tell you something I did that was an embarrassing, more embarrassing for my parents though then for me.

When I was a kid about 5 and such, I was a screamer. I screamed for the most randomness things.
I screamed at the super market, I screamed at the park, I screamed everywhere I went.
Well one time, I'm not spoiled even though I'm their only child, I put a toy in the shopping carpet, now I normally don't do this and I did it for whatever reason I can't remember exactly, but when my mom put it back and told her that I couldn't have a toy for some reason I didn't want the toy. And I screamed at her that "I don't want it, I want it in the cart,"
That makes no sense, just more weirdness coming from I Leaka.
[I hope that made sense cause I don't understand myself]

One time were gardening and putting worms in the garden, my teacher gave us all a little can of worms. I was in 1st grade at the time.
I ate the worms and asked the teacher if they had any more worms.
Back to top Go down
Bick

Gross or Embarrassing Things ScribbleSuperr
Bick

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 6:29 pm

I've a fear of... well. Urine and Stool in general. Like a lot. I can't stand that it even comes out of me.

I was babysitting the kids a few weeks ago, and they spent the night. And when they spend the night, they cling to me, and of course they want to sleep in my bed. I don't mind, since my bed is pretty large. I climbed in bed after them pretty late since I wasn't about to go to bed at 9. I wake up a few hours later with a warm sensation. We all woke up to find the bed covered in pee. I knew who it was of course as I cleaned them up, and the poor 5 year old was crying because he was so embarrassed. So I told his older sister that I had wet the bed, in which she told her parents this. And now everytime they come around they joke about me being a bed-wetter. That would be the embarrassing part.

The digusting part was obviously in there. I can't handle urine in the first place and it was all over me. I had to bath them before I could even think about bathing myself, and put them into 'bed' on the couch, then I had to clean the sheets and place a towel on the bed. I had to wear those clothes for a good hour. Ugh!

Never again.
Back to top Go down
KillarasGhost

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 9:04 am

ewwwwww!!!!

How about when you wave to someone and call their name because, you KNOW it's them. Then they turn around or look up and you realise it wasn't them... O_O eep. I think that's embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gross or Embarrassing Things   Gross or Embarrassing Things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gross or Embarrassing Things
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: Scribbles Cafe'-
Jump to: