Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Empty33%What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Empty67%What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? EmptyWhat is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Voting_bar2What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Empty 
TerishD (1441)
What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? EmptyWhat is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Voting_bar2What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?

Go down 
+6
Elodie-Caroline
HYdraMStar
VergilSparda
Saphira
JuJu
Kellycakes
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kellycakes

What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 4:26 am

We all have that favorite poem that stays with us for years if not all our lives before another one comes along and takes its place. I am a personal fan of e.e Cummings poem 'I Carry Your Heart'. I love you It is currently my favorite by a famous poet, what's yours?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
JuJu

What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Th_alo10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 4:42 am

I Carry your Heart in My Heart From E.E. Cummings...This Poem is for my Sister because I Carry Her Heart in My Heart Forever and for Eternity......I love you Sis
Back to top Go down
Saphira

What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? ScribbleSuperr
Saphira

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2008, 5:44 pm

Do you know the person Wolfgang Goethe ? He is a german poet

He write the poet "der Erlkönig" and this is my favourite
It is in german but you can translate this with the the internet.. or wait a moment i send the link who is it in english
I hope you can understand the translate ^^
Here the link: http://ingeb.org/Lieder/werreite.html

( the first poem is it)
Back to top Go down
VergilSparda

What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? NewScribbler-1
VergilSparda

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 1:36 am

Remembering Sunday by Alex Gaskarth.

Look up All Time Low.

You'll find it.

or just look at this.

It will give you the lyrics. Songs are poems too.

http://www.plyrics.com/a/alltimelow.html
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 6:47 am

"Alone" and "Anna Bell Lee" by Edger Allen Poe

He's the king of all things dark and poetic. No one since has even compared.

I agree with VergilSparda also, song lyrics are poetry.

On that note my favorite poetic songs would have to be; "Angels Would Fall" and "Silent Legacy" both by Melissa Etheridge. I also really dig the new Ludo song, "Love Me Dead". But the most over played song in my house is "Satan is my Motor" by the band Cake... There are a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Elodie-Caroline

Elodie-Caroline

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 10:03 pm

CLM by John Masefield... Writing this out in class was the only piece of work I did in two years of boring Relgious Education Laughing

Elodie
Back to top Go down
http://elodie.the.writer.tripod.com/
Bick

Bick

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 2:36 am

Quote :
"Alone" and "Anna Bell Lee" by Edger Allen Poe

My favorite poem is by Poe as well! I love Anna Bell Lee, but I'm not sure I've heard of Alone.

My favorite is most definitely "A Dream within a Dream" By: Edgar Allen Poe, it's the only poem I've ever memorized.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 8:11 am

Bick wrote:
My favorite poem is by Poe as well! I love Anna Bell Lee, but I'm not sure I've heard of Alone.

Here it is:

Quote :
Alone

From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were — I have not seen
As others saw — I could not bring
My passions from a common spring —
From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow — I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone —
And all I lov'd — I lov'd alone —
Then — in my childhood — in the dawn
Of a most stormy life — was drawn
From ev'ry depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still —
From the torrent, or the fountain —
From the red cliff of the mountain —
From the sun that 'round me roll'd
In its autumn tint of gold —
From the lightning in the sky
As it pass'd me flying by —
From the thunder, and the storm —
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view —
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
lackeyagogo

lackeyagogo

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 5:43 pm

TS Eliot's Morning at the Window.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lackeyent
soujiroseta

soujiroseta

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 2:44 am

I myself am a John Donne and Andrew Marvell fan. I love the metaphysical wit pf these guys.

My favorite poem, the are two actually are by Marvell.
1. The Picture of Little T. C. in a Prospect of Flowers
2. The Mower to the Glow-Worms
Back to top Go down
Leaka

What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 9:32 pm

My two favorite poems are from Edgar Allan Poe.

Annabell Lee and The Raven

They have the perfect balance of love and insanity.
Lee being love of course and Raven being insanity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?   What is your favorite poem by a famous poet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite poem by a famous poet?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: Scribbles Cafe'-
Jump to: