Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
and all the sick, perverted Empty33%and all the sick, perverted Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
and all the sick, perverted Empty67%and all the sick, perverted Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
and all the sick, perverted Emptyand all the sick, perverted Voting_bar2and all the sick, perverted Empty 
TerishD (1441)
and all the sick, perverted Emptyand all the sick, perverted Voting_bar2and all the sick, perverted Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

and all the sick, perverted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
John Yamrus

and all the sick, perverted ScribbleSuperr

Male
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-09-04

and all the sick, perverted Empty
PostSubject: and all the sick, perverted   and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2008, 9:29 am

bastards of the world
deserve to die an awful,
bloody death…

i was picking my dog up
at the vet
today
and while i was
waiting for them
to bring her out
i looked over
at the big white dog on my right
and was shocked to see
it had an ear missing
and part of its skull was gone.

it looked like an old wound
that had healed over
and i nodded at the owner
and asked:
“what happened
to your pooch? she
get hit by a car
or something?”

“nah”, he said, “she’s
a rescued dog.”

“rescued?”

“yeah, we found her in
the road, thrown out,
with her ear gone
and her head half torn away.”

“what happened?”

“the cop said
they see it all the time.
they figure she was raised
by people who fight pit bulls
and you can tell by looking at her
that she’s real sweet
and i guess
when she wouldn’t fight
she was
probably just
used.”

“used?

for what?”

“bait.”

neither one of us
said a word.

i knelt down
and gave her a hug
and scratched her neck
and when i did
she turned real quick
and gave me a great
big wet sloppy kiss.

right on the face.

bastards of the world
deserve to die
an awful,
bloody death.
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

and all the sick, perverted Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : and all the sick, perverted Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: and all the sick, perverted   and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2008, 8:52 pm

I'm interested to know if this was based on true events. Because here, where I live, they'd put a dog like that down and the owners, if caught, might, MIGHT, get a fine, lose their right to own dogs for a couple of years, and spend a few nights in jail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
John Yamrus

and all the sick, perverted ScribbleSuperr

Male
Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: and all the sick, perverted   and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2008, 9:23 pm

this IS based on true events...and on top of that, this poem has taken on a life of itself...and the dog, even more so. the back-story is this: shortly after the poem was first published in a magazine...before it showed up in my book SHOOT THE MOON, a friend of mine who knows me and kathy are dog lovers, sent me this e-mail saying "i'm attaching this poem, i found it on the internet...you've gotta read it!"...of course, to my surprise and delight...it was my own poem (minus my name at the bottom). well, time passed and the poem got included in my latest book. then, a few months after the book came out, i'm down here in the basement writing, and kathy yells to me..."john! John! it's your dog! come quick! it's your dog!" i run up the stairs and there on the Oprah friggin' Winfrey show is this same dog! turns out Oprah was doing a show on great and special loves, and one of her producers had heard about this dog...well, the dog, who turned out to be named Oogie, was on the Oprah Winfrey show. i ended up sending the owners a copy of my book and they sent back a very nice letter saying they've been incredibly blessed in having this dog, and their kids were blown away that their own dog was already on Oprah and was written about in a book.
cool story, huh?
jy

Last edited by John Yamrus on September 7th 2008, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delta Blue

and all the sick, perverted NewScribbler-1

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: and all the sick, perverted   and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2008, 10:32 am

I second the emotion

db
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

and all the sick, perverted ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : and all the sick, perverted Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: and all the sick, perverted   and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 2:00 am

Very cool and great piece!

What I like about your work (as much as I've read) is that each piece (although I'm questioning whether it's poetry) tells a story. This is my favorite by far.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
HYdraMStar

and all the sick, perverted Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : and all the sick, perverted Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: and all the sick, perverted   and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2008, 7:04 pm

Kellycakes wrote:

What I like about your work (as much as I've read) is that each piece (although I'm questioning whether it's poetry) tells a story. This is my favorite by far.

You know, I'm kind of in the same place with your work John. I feel you are one Hell of a writer, but is it poetry, flash fiction, some mixture, or something else all together? Personally, I don't feel too much of a need to label it or you beyond saying it's enjoyable, anything beyond that is just arguing semantics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: and all the sick, perverted   and all the sick, perverted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Verses (Poet's Forum) :: Versification-
Jump to: