Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
But Words Will Always Hurt Me Empty33%But Words Will Always Hurt Me Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
But Words Will Always Hurt Me Empty67%But Words Will Always Hurt Me Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
But Words Will Always Hurt Me EmptyBut Words Will Always Hurt Me Voting_bar2But Words Will Always Hurt Me Empty 
TerishD (1441)
But Words Will Always Hurt Me EmptyBut Words Will Always Hurt Me Voting_bar2But Words Will Always Hurt Me Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

But Words Will Always Hurt Me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
x_paramore

But Words Will Always Hurt Me Scribbler-1
x_paramore

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-28

But Words Will Always Hurt Me Empty
PostSubject: But Words Will Always Hurt Me   But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 4:48 pm

A/N: Wrote this about 2 years ago, I was about.. 14. XD. I don't know why but it's always been the favorite of mine of my poetry. *shrugs*. So I guess... ''enjoy''. :P
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those three last words
Were not the ones I wanted
Were not the ones I needed
Yet by them, I am haunted

Those three last words
Were everything to me
Were all my hopes and dreams
Yet that, you fail to see

Those three last words
Were entirely up to you
Were totally under your control
Yet you shortened it to two

Those three last words
Were the meaning of my existence
Were the reason that I lived
Yet you put up this resistence

Those three last words
Were the be all and end all
Were the last thing I thought of
Yet you stood there proud and tall

Those three last words
I remember today
Or should I say two
Go Away
Back to top Go down
Snacker

But Words Will Always Hurt Me ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : But Words Will Always Hurt Me Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: But Words Will Always Hurt Me   But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 4:53 pm

Wow this is a great piece of work. I liked that it flowed smoothly when I read it. It had a total twist in the end. Never thought that it would be like that.

Great work. Keep it going Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
x_paramore

x_paramore

Female

PostSubject: Re: But Words Will Always Hurt Me   But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 5:00 pm

Snacker wrote:
Wow this is a great piece of work. I liked that it flowed smoothly when I read it. It had a total twist in the end. Never thought that it would be like that.

Great work. Keep it going Wink

Hehehe. Thank you very much! Smile
Back to top Go down
HYdraMStar

But Words Will Always Hurt Me Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : But Words Will Always Hurt Me Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: But Words Will Always Hurt Me   But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 6:50 pm

"Go Away," is my favorite phrase to use when someone is annoying me with silly questions or unwanted advances, but that's neither here nor there I suppose.

I thought you did a great job of capturing the emotion. It's not perfect, but very impressive considering how young you were when you wrote it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Kellycakes

But Words Will Always Hurt Me ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : But Words Will Always Hurt Me Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: But Words Will Always Hurt Me   But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2008, 8:14 pm

I agree, your age seems to be the surprising thing to me. Its a very impressive piece considering I know a few grown ups that can't produce poetry such as this. Wonderful piece, smooth and exciting all the way to the end. Its full of teenage angst but doesn't come off as juvenile and needy. Nice job.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
x_paramore

x_paramore

Female

PostSubject: Re: But Words Will Always Hurt Me   But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 5:37 pm

Oooh, thank you guys ! Very Happy

Teehee. It was at first for English class which I was kinda failing so I needed something good to help my grade out. :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: But Words Will Always Hurt Me   But Words Will Always Hurt Me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

But Words Will Always Hurt Me
Page 1 of 1