Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Hey, Flaresi here. Empty33%Hey, Flaresi here. Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Hey, Flaresi here. Empty67%Hey, Flaresi here. Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Hey, Flaresi here. Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Hey, Flaresi here. Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Hey, Flaresi here. Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Hey, Flaresi here. Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Hey, Flaresi here. Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Hey, Flaresi here. EmptyHey, Flaresi here. Voting_bar2Hey, Flaresi here. Empty 
TerishD (1441)
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Hey, Flaresi here.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Flaresi

Hey, Flaresi here. NewScribbler-1

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Hey, Flaresi here. Empty
PostSubject: Hey, Flaresi here.   Hey, Flaresi here. Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 11:54 pm

You people have a really obscure way of inviting others... Neutral

Sorry, just had to get that out. The name's Flaresi, as you can tell. I'm 15 and while I don't prefer to disclose my exact location, I can tell you at least that I live in the United States. I'm originally from the RuneScape Forums (or RSF), if any of you are familiar with those. I was pretty active on their Stories Forums for years, but now I'm not as active as I'd like to be (what with school having started and stuff).

So I've had quite a bit of experience with forums, most notably writing ones. So I kinda know what it's like, but I'm always eager to find new communities to hang with.

What do I write? Well, I've written quite a bit of poems, a few short stories, and one novel-length (about 82,600 words) story that is currently posted on the RuneScape Forums. I also keep a blog on MySpace which I use to either post some of my writing or let out my thoughts about interesting stuff, such as dreams and how to improve society.

To be honest, I'm not sure how critical y'all are here on Scribbles, so I'm a little nervous. silent
But I'll get used to it. We were fairly critical back at the RSF, in my opinion. Never belittling. All the good constructive stuff. It was (and still is) a good place.

Anyways... I think that's it for now. If you want to know anything more, just ask.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?49,50
Snacker

Hey, Flaresi here. ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Hey, Flaresi here. Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Hey, Flaresi here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Flaresi here.   Hey, Flaresi here. Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2008, 1:08 am

Hi Flaresi and welcome to Scribbles!

RuneScape eh? Great game...like to play it myself. Wow you are incredible. You are 15 years old and you already wrote a novel-lenght story. That's very inspiring!

Well if you already read through the poems and stories you'll see that some of our Scribblers give out excellent criticism. It is honest and in my opinion very helpful. So just start to post and you will see by yourself how helpful it is.

I'm looking forward very much to reading your work.

Last edited by Snacker on August 27th 2008, 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

Hey, Flaresi here. ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Hey, Flaresi here. Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Hey, Flaresi here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Flaresi here.   Hey, Flaresi here. Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2008, 1:08 am

I'm not sure how exactly you were invited. We go through blogs and other sites and pick and choose those who we believe will do some good writing. If you were chosen it means we have seen something you've written and thought it was worth being apart of Scribbles. What poem or story exactly? I don't really know as there are three of us who go around looking for new Scribblers. However, it does not matter how you got here, but that you are here and I want to personally welcome you.

By the way if you have any friends who write as well please feel free to invite them or send us their sites, blogs etc. And let us invite them. Again, nice to have you a board.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Hey, Flaresi here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Flaresi here.   Hey, Flaresi here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey, Flaresi here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scribe (The Latest News Forum) :: Scribbles Appendages-
Jump to: