Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
For the one making the best and most pancakes Empty33%For the one making the best and most pancakes Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
For the one making the best and most pancakes Empty67%For the one making the best and most pancakes Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
For the one making the best and most pancakes Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
For the one making the best and most pancakes Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
For the one making the best and most pancakes Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
For the one making the best and most pancakes Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
For the one making the best and most pancakes Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
For the one making the best and most pancakes EmptyFor the one making the best and most pancakes Voting_bar2For the one making the best and most pancakes Empty 
TerishD (1441)
For the one making the best and most pancakes EmptyFor the one making the best and most pancakes Voting_bar2For the one making the best and most pancakes Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

For the one making the best and most pancakes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AliceInWonderland

For the one making the best and most pancakes Scribbler-1
AliceInWonderland

Female
Number of posts : 44
Current Mood : For the one making the best and most pancakes Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

For the one making the best and most pancakes Empty
PostSubject: For the one making the best and most pancakes   For the one making the best and most pancakes Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 2:04 pm

You
Always make me smile
Like a pancake with sirupe dots
We laugh (loud and weird)
Have fun, even when we're taught about genetic
We understand
We recomment
We're singing in the rain
I'd never dare doing this with any one else
I'm feeling whole
I never felt whole beforeI feel loved
Not only by you
But by the whole world
You helped me to fit
In my skin
I feel beautiful
Every freckle on my nose
Is so beautiful
Our souls already touched
Gentle
Suddenly kissing
You told me all your secrets
I know, I wrote rubbish
The bits don't fit together
Bit if I show you
I know you'll understand
And call this poem beautiful

You are... well
A friend?
Or more?
It's just not important
Cause
You are
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

For the one making the best and most pancakes ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : For the one making the best and most pancakes Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: For the one making the best and most pancakes   For the one making the best and most pancakes Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 2:23 am

Its very cute. Its a choppy poem; I had to reread some areas to get a clear picture. I like the point at the end 'You are' which makes you seem like you were just happy that this person was born, which is very sweet. (This is at least what I got out of it.)
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
AliceInWonderland

For the one making the best and most pancakes Scribbler-1
AliceInWonderland

Female
Number of posts : 44
Current Mood : For the one making the best and most pancakes Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: For the one making the best and most pancakes   For the one making the best and most pancakes Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 4:22 pm

That's exactly right. I just couldn't manage to write a "clear" poem, because our friendship is very various and not that easy to describe. I don't even have a clear picture of it :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the one making the best and most pancakes   For the one making the best and most pancakes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the one making the best and most pancakes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Verses (Poet's Forum) :: Versification-
Jump to: