Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Ciao tutti .. from austria Empty33%Ciao tutti .. from austria Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Ciao tutti .. from austria Empty67%Ciao tutti .. from austria Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Ciao tutti .. from austria EmptyCiao tutti .. from austria Voting_bar2Ciao tutti .. from austria Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Ciao tutti .. from austria EmptyCiao tutti .. from austria Voting_bar2Ciao tutti .. from austria Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Ciao tutti .. from austria

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mon-ti-fu

Ciao tutti .. from austria NewScribbler-1
mon-ti-fu

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Ciao tutti .. from austria Empty
PostSubject: Ciao tutti .. from austria   Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 4:28 pm

Ciao tutti .. or in english: hello everybody!

my name is marco, i am 31,5 years old, half italian and i thought you need some postings by an non-american .. and by the way snacker is a good friend of mine.. so i am here to say hello .. hello from austria.. the small country under germany in europe.. i hope i can put some nice wirtings in here in future.. and even if my english is not the best.. i swear.. i'll try to make it as good as i can!

i hope to have lot of fun in here..

marco What a Face
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Ciao tutti .. from austria ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Ciao tutti .. from austria Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao tutti .. from austria   Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 4:33 pm

Well hello Dude...

It's so great to see you here. You are not the only non-American here. We have Scribblers all over the world - okay almost all over the world. There are still a few countries missing, but you know what I mean.

I'm looking forward to reading your work and see your posts.

You know if you have questions, just ask. And no worries if your English isn't the best. We are here together and we will help you if you stuck somewhere.

Again welcome on the board Dude cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
HYdraMStar

Ciao tutti .. from austria Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : Ciao tutti .. from austria Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Ciao tutti .. from austria   Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 4:38 pm

Most of the people I've meet here haven't been American.

I consider that to be kind of a good thing. Don't misread me, I love my country and am a total xenophobe when it comes to people moving here and expecting our culture and way of life to change to suit them, but it is nice to be reminded from time to time that we are not the center of all human culture... Plus, I really like using words like xenophobe when speaking with non-native English speakers. I'm mean that way. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Kellycakes

Ciao tutti .. from austria ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Ciao tutti .. from austria Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao tutti .. from austria   Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 5:25 pm

Welcome to Scribbles Marco! I've missed you stranger. I hope all is well in your world. Nice to see you finally come around and join us. Now get writing.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
JuJu

Ciao tutti .. from austria ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : Ciao tutti .. from austria Th_alo10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Ciao tutti .. from austria   Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 8:17 pm

Hello Mr. Marco long time no talk miss ya ....Hope you enjoy scribbles.... Don't be a stranger ...Hugs Jules
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ciao tutti .. from austria   Ciao tutti .. from austria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ciao tutti .. from austria
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scribe (The Latest News Forum) :: Scribbles Appendages-
Jump to: