Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Empty33%Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Empty67%Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Dilemma of Dreams - 21 EmptyDilemma of Dreams - 21 Voting_bar2Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Dilemma of Dreams - 21 EmptyDilemma of Dreams - 21 Voting_bar2Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Dilemma of Dreams - 21

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TerishD

Dilemma of Dreams - 21 ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Empty
PostSubject: Dilemma of Dreams - 21   Dilemma of Dreams - 21 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 3:25 pm

An adult speculative Christian post-Armageddon fiction
Dilemma of Dreams
Chapter Twenty-One: Complete

All Glory and Honor

I felt the universe begin to collapse right then. As the men tried to reason with Leotion through the door, I looked around feeling that I would soon see the sky turn blue and orange with other oddities occurring. Out of desperation I began searching my mind for answers. I guess that Peralte thought the same, as he yelled to me to help him deal with Leotion.

The words from Peralte however caught me by surprise. I considered him my elder. While he and I had developed a relationship in our time together, I really did not consider myself any better than he. I also could not imagine that Leotion would speak to a girl instead of another man. I thus looked to Peralte thinking that he should be looking to another for aid.

Suddenly, a memory clicked in my mind. “HOLD IT!”

The men did not immediately respond. I moved to stand right next to Saroniel to prevent my mount from moving when I whistled. Having been slammed by my horse, Peralte, Dimerkess, and Jeraketh turned worried that they would be sent flying again. I smiled seeing the men now giving me their attention.

“Jesus did not tell us that we needed to solve it, but only that we needed to come up with an answer. We have done that. We are thus not under the gun, but Leotion is. Call Jesus!”

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, then a bearded man kissed me before saying, “Wonderful handling of the situation. For somebody that hates to work, you do a fabulous job of making me think that she deserves her pay.”

I replied, “Thank you, Jesus, but I am worried.”

“No problem. I am good at this.”

I noticed that he was not in a cowboy outfit as he moved forward, but in the local style of dress. My other brothers obeyed the hand signals of our Big Brother to step aside. Once Jesus had a clear view of the door, he stopped moving forward to simply give a command.

“Leotion, come forth!”

The door to the simple building opened, and as Leotion stepped out he meekly chirped, “Jesus?”

“Yes, Leotion, your wife actually cooked you fish and bread yesterday. I believe that she has some left over. Could she bring it out? I suspect that there will be enough to feed everybody.”

I saw the lady come to the door, bow, then she rushed back in I guess to get the food. Jesus then turned to look behind him. I was not the only one in his view, and actually surprised to hear my name.

“Vetacha, I believe that you have a certain bottle of wine in your saddlebags. I feel that it will provide for everyone that is thirsty.”

Jesus referred to the bottle of wine from that day in the mountain inn. It had yet to become empty. I did keep it my saddlebag, as I enjoyed the flavor, so drank from it during my days of long travel. More than willing to provide, I brought it out and took it to the table that others were setting up as Jesus put his focus back on Leotion.

I considered it a happy occasion. The people did not celebrate with joy, but they moved about with a confidence that their lives would go on. I felt relief that this reality would continue to exist, and spoke with others who understood that at some level a true miracle had been performed in their presence.

Seeing Dimerkess move up to me did not bother me at all. I enjoyed having him lift me in a hug while kissing me. His words however did bother me.

“Very good job, Vetacha. I will let you know when I have another task for you. Until then, I guess that you will continue with Peralte.”

“What? Well, yes, as I would like to see his home.”

“Fine. It is a lovely place. Work on your Wild West, as I believe it will be a much more interesting place than your last city.”

As I said, his words bothered me. Seeing him head to his horse also caused me concern. I thus moved after him to ask a question.

“Where are you going?”

“To where I call home. The job is over, Vetacha. We did good. You did fabulous. Look forward to seeing you throughout eternity.”

Honestly shocked, I found myself further surprised to be grabbed by another set of masculine arms. I somehow recognized Jeraketh. I did not mind sharing a kiss with him, although really did not want him to leave either. I grabbed him and hugged him while exchanging pleasant words, only to again feel a desire to cry as he rode off taking an extra horse with him.

“Hey, girl, I will be in touch,” Assadra said. “Peralte has problems with putting an ocean on his world, but Jesus told me to keep the pressure on him. Something about him needing to go ahead and make his reality complete. I am not really one for reality building however.”

I said in response, “Honestly, I do know about mermaids. I thus might join you on occasions. That cat look is not me, but I might go for a fish tail.”

“The more I speak to you, the more I wish that I had met you as Mesapher. If I could have brought you out of your shell, you probably would have been more fun than Peralte. Anyway, call me if he gets too frisky with you. You need to allow yourself to fully mature before you allow him to fully have you.”

She did not ride off, but simply began walking. I assumed that once away from the village she would remove her clothes and go about as a cat. I remembered Jeraketh taking another horse with him, and realized that it had been hers. Wondering about my own future, I walked through the crowd looking for Peralte, although found Jesus.

“You’re free, Vetacha. Go do whatever you like. Even nothing, if that is what you prefer.”

“No… yes… I don’t know. I need time to think.” I looked directly into his eyes as I told him the only thing that I was certain about. “I however want you to know that I am glad to be Vetacha. Thank you for allowing the transformation.”

“You made the decision. That pact that you formed with Tersepsus was done with a clear mind. Remember that you were always free to make your own decisions. You however are here because you tended to make the right ones, all through your life. Getting here was actually simple to do, but you are one of the few that I feel actually deserved my blessing. Go in peace, Vetacha.”

I kissed Jesus, then allowed him to continue to oversee the developments between Leotion and the others of his community. I thought to grab my bottle of wine, although realized that I could always claim another one. Leotion could have it, or Jesus could take it, I really did not care. I looked for Peralte, and was glad seeing him come to me for a kiss.

After a prolonged sign of affection, the man asked, “Well, are you going to come home with me?”

“Yes, but let us not rush there.”

“Never planned to do that. Just for note, I never do that anyway. My ladies are always available, so I really do not need to sit around the house to gain their favors.”

I actually wondered what type of sounds I would hear from the man spending time with his ladies, although my memories of such periods caused me to think of another. “I believe we should have fun. Assadra told me to call her if you got too frisky around me.”

“I look forward to a future when you will tell her to stay away, but, yes, you need to allow yourself to continue to mature. I still say that you are going to be a wonderful lady.”

“I fully plan on doing that. However, my goal is to become Sheriff Vetacha, and not your lover.”

“Then I will work on you to assure that your territory borders mine, as my goal is to keep such a wonderful and successful lady in my life. My eternity would be poor without having you near.”

As I rode with Peralte back the way we had come, I spoke with him about the surroundings. While this reality was not something that pleased me, I spoke with him accepting that we might need such territories on our world. Peralte mentioned that Jesus did want him to form an actual globe with a fully functional ecosystem. He spoke of us probably needing to spend time with Dimerkess, as he had worked with Tersepsus and others to design that reality, which was considered one of the most completely developed realities. Enjoying the conversation, the day passed rather quickly.

I got to spend more time with Forthelinar that evening. Peralte had called her his doll, and she basically filled that roll as she sat naked about the camp. Her breasts were quite large. While I could understand that the man found them pleasing, I felt that they were much too large for me to enjoy upon my person. I did try to discuss her assets with her, but she did not have much to say about them. Forthelinar only said that she was glad to serve Peralte, as her only alternative was returning to Hell. I found myself thinking that the other ladies were more interesting, and spent most of the evening working in my journal building some framework for my new Wild West town.

It took a number of weeks for Peralte and me to make it to his home. While I enjoyed riding Saroniel, I also enjoyed walking through the mountains. I would care for my horse each evening, and saddle it each morning before walking away with the command to be ready for my call. Peralte’s mountains were basically made for walking, and there were enough fruit trees and wild life to make each day pleasant. I however discussed with him other things that I expected as part of a mountain range, and he listened to my suggestions understanding that while it would make the surroundings harsh at times, it would also make his creation more of a real world. I however moved about his home telling him to never change it, as I found it a wonderful place to relax.

With Peralte having so many ladies at his call, he never turned his attention upon me in a certain manner. I thought about summoning a doomed soul to create my own man feeling that it would help me adjust to being a female. I however agreed with others that I needed to develop as a woman properly. My own memories since becoming Vetacha did not reveal me as having any problems in dealing with men. While certain things about this life were so much different than my original one, interaction with others was very much encouraged. I thus felt that I would one day gladly find my body seeking Peralte or another of my brothers to become their lady for a time.

I was in the barn discussing with Pheloshirra the type of animals that I found in my Wild West books and what their needs would be when someone came running onto the property yelling for Peralte. He rushed to respond, although I watched and listened from a distance. I thus knew what he was smiling about when he turned to me.

“Sheriff Vetacha, we have hombres that need tracking down.”

Playfully, I returned, “This is not my territory.”

“It’ll be fun!”

Smiling, I headed to the house while saying, “That it will. Let me get properly dressed.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com

Dilemma of Dreams - 21
Page 1 of 1