Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Are You Ready For Some Football? Empty33%Are You Ready For Some Football? Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Are You Ready For Some Football? Empty67%Are You Ready For Some Football? Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Are You Ready For Some Football? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Are You Ready For Some Football? Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Are You Ready For Some Football? Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Are You Ready For Some Football? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Are You Ready For Some Football? Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Are You Ready For Some Football? EmptyAre You Ready For Some Football? Voting_bar2Are You Ready For Some Football? Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Are You Ready For Some Football? EmptyAre You Ready For Some Football? Voting_bar2Are You Ready For Some Football? Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kellycakes

Are You Ready For Some Football? ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Are You Ready For Some Football? Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Are You Ready For Some Football? Empty
PostSubject: Are You Ready For Some Football?   Are You Ready For Some Football? Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2012, 12:24 pm

Yay Patriots!!! Who doesn't love the Pats? Well you should. I have always loved Brady and the Patriots, and now they are back for a fifth chance at the trophy. Tom has three, he lost the one where his team helped him with a 19-0 season. Came out of the Superbowl with a lost, finally defeated and pissed off. Who did they play you ask? Those damn NY Giants. Young Manning and his upset will finally be revenge in one week, at his big brother's stadium no less.

I have to say Brady has not been playing that great as of late. His offensive line has been doing their job, giving him time to run the plays but his throwing arm only shows up 60-65 % of the time and for Brady that just isn't right! Let's hope his vengeful heart and body are ready this time. The Patriots defensive line must have been working hard in the off season because I don't remember one game where they didn't save Brady's ass!

The Patriots known for their offensive seemingly had the defensive take the lead this season with Brady giving a lack luster performance. This is a big something for me to admit because I am a die-hard Brady fan, always have been, and always will be. Hopefully they will come together and give it all on both sides of the ball. One week and counting. I can't wait.

What do you think of this football season? Who will win this year's Superbowl? Are You Ready For Some Football? 371655
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
TerishD

Are You Ready For Some Football? ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Are You Ready For Some Football? Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Reply   Are You Ready For Some Football? Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2012, 11:54 am

Never liked Brady or the Patriots. I detest the Jaguars because they had a chance to beat Brady on a previous post-season game, and played so soft that I scratched the Jags as being a real football team. I was proud of Eli for whipping Brady that time.

Note also that we here in Louisiana consider Eli a local boy. He might now live and work in Yankee land (both historically and basebally), but he is one of Archie's boys. We will thus support Eli or Peyton, and we still smile as we speak of Peyton actually throwing the game winning Superbowl pass for the Saints -- just like he dreamed of doing while growing up.

My vote is thus for the Giants. Note that I also believe that the Giants have the defense to put Brady off his game. Thus, the Patriots do not have a chance. I expect a boring game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
TerishD

Are You Ready For Some Football? ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Are You Ready For Some Football? Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Good game   Are You Ready For Some Football? Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2012, 8:56 am

Well, it was not boring at all. It was not flashy, but a good, solid football game. I thoroughly enjoyed watching.

I don't believe that it was the Giants' defense that won the game. Honestly, the Patriots' defense played well. Brady and his offense however seemed put off their game, while Eli and his offense took the damage and came back cool and collected. The Giants made some mistakes, but came back and put their focus back on the game. Patriots started making mistakes, and never recovered.

At least, that is my opinion. Still, it was a good game.

Oh, Saints next year have home field advantage in the Superdome. No stretch there -- done deal. The stretch is that they will be playing the Raiders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
Kellycakes

Are You Ready For Some Football? ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Are You Ready For Some Football? Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Are You Ready For Some Football?   Are You Ready For Some Football? Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2012, 3:46 pm

I knew it would come down to a few points. I loved the back and forth, but the Pats did play horribly. As I said in the first post they haven't been the team I've adored so many years. Truthfully they haven't been the same the last couple years without Randy Moss, who was a wonderfully running back once he came to New England and was allowed to flourish. Still I've never been a fan of the Manning brothers and that will probably always be.

They played a good game, it wasn't boring at all and that is how football should be played. As for the Saints? Well... Good luck!

I look forward to next season!
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are You Ready For Some Football?   Are You Ready For Some Football? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are You Ready For Some Football?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: Scribbles Cafe'-
Jump to: