Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Thanksgiving Empty33%Thanksgiving Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Thanksgiving Empty67%Thanksgiving Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Thanksgiving EmptyThanksgiving Voting_bar2Thanksgiving Empty 
TerishD (1441)
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Thanksgiving

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kellycakes

Thanksgiving ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Thanksgiving Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 1:06 am

You know I love Thanksgiving, more so then any other holiday. Love, love and love it some more but... I love this holiday so much so that I am willing to be around people who I love but do not actually like. People who I have had a previous falling out with, maybe even more then one and I am still willing to spend time with these people only because it is Thanksgiving. It is suppose to be a time for family, love and all that mushy stuff right?

I go out of my to help with dinner, something NONE of my other siblings are willing to do. Then I help clean my mother's home to get it ready for the family.

Then my older brother shows up. My older brother who I have always know to be an incredible asshole, and who I have unclaimed as my brother. But it is Thanksgiving... This asshole spends the day making comments under his breath or to anyone in ear shot mostly about me. Then the asshole is asking for a favor by the end of the night that would require me to sign a bunch of papers telling the government that yes I am willing to take care of him while he recovers from the surgery he is soon going to have. Really? But I was civil. I did not go back at him even though he clearly stepped over the line within the first 10 minutes of arriving. I had to keep my husband off the man. My husband who has the temper of the devil himself should not be tempted. My sister Julie, who is having many health problems should not be tempted. Boy was this holiday a close one. Evil

I truly missed the good old days when he came, he said some stupid shit and then packed a couple of plates for him and whatever chick he was with. (His latest one, who he decided to also pick on is married and taking care of her husband all the while she cheats on him with my brother.) Then leaving. Those definitely were the days when we would watch football, play scrabble, eat throughout the day and talk about old times. I am really contemplating whether or not I will be celebrating Thanksgiving anymore.

Hell, who am I kidding. Did I not say I LOVE Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you are still thankful for many, many things. I know I am!!

Tell us your story, what happened around your holiday table this year?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
TerishD

Thanksgiving ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Thanksgiving Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Reply   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 10:49 am

My father has Parkinsons, and is being kicked out of his apartments (they lost their certification - not his fault). We kids thus had to discuss with him options. I then had to deal with him (he is as stubborn as the rest of us, plus he has Parkinsons). I am right now using his internet making sure the man is eating while dealing with him some more.

His older brother is filled with cancer. Why he is not dead, we are not certain, although all were glad to have him still alive.

Thus, it was a rough Thanksgiving, but I figure it will go down as a memorable one.

Oh, just remember that we have one more Thanksgiving. This is the final Christmas (world ends on the 21st of next year), so make it good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com

Thanksgiving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: General Discussions-
Jump to: