Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Empty33%No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Empty67%No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A EmptyNo Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Voting_bar2No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Empty 
TerishD (1441)
No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A EmptyNo Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Voting_bar2No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TerishD

No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Empty
PostSubject: No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A   No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2011, 7:53 am

No Zombie for a Neighbor
Day Ten

Part One: The Rise of Ghouls

I enjoyed the night, but I was not certain that Theo did. The way he kept coming to me simply spoke of him not being able to sleep. I would often dream of being awakened by certain sensations, so having them occur for real I considered a wonderful experience. The way that my husband rose from the bed this morning however let me know that he did not sleep well. To hopefully put his mind at peace, after doing what was necessary I left the bathroom naked telling him that I would make his coffee.

He came from the bedroom rubbing his eyes as if groggy. He did smile at seeing me have my breasts bounce for him, but it did not last. As he took a cup of coffee from me, he finally spoke about what was on his mind.

“Those ropes won’t hold. I need to do something to support them.”

“It shouldn’t take much. Use furniture.”

“I would rather not ruin the furniture. What I am thinking about however are bed frames. They are metal, and will provide a lattice for running additional support lines.”

I might have been naked, but I did not want my husband to think that my mind was left in the bedroom with my clothes. “What type of additional support lines?”

“Don’t know. I had to resort to garden hoses to do what I did. Still, hopefully doing this will enable me to expand into other yards. Might find something.”

I moved to look out the window. There was a mist in the air with a heavy cloud cover. I went to the living room to look out the front, and saw that the ditches were still full. I thus spoke to Theo as I returned to sit at the table.

“I don’t know if today is a good day for that.”

“Yes, I will be careful.” I saw his eyes lock on my breasts as he said, “Please, keeping doing that.”

I could not help but smile as I asked, “You enjoy the view?”

“Yes, I do. I keep feeling that I am supposed to grab them and start doing things with your body, but I want you to know that I find you a very lovely lady.”

I did not jiggle my torso. I actually sat up straight. The desire was to appear natural and at ease, although I did admit otherwise.

“I am not going to say that I am comfortable, but I do believe this is part of my agreement with you. Just for your information, I have not done this for anyone else.”

“Well, I do appreciate it.”

The marriage pact between us did cause me to feel obligated to display myself to Theo. He however displayed his own sense of obligation to me. I thus did not desire to go put on a robe, but to explain myself to hopefully put us both at ease.

“I want you to know that I appreciate you. You are working to keep your part of our agreement. I also enjoy the sex. Really, it feels good. I want you to stay happy with me, Theo.”

“For the rest of our lives.”

I felt it necessary to inject a dose of reality. “Yes. There however will be all types of mornings, so I cannot promise every day. That goes for you as well, Theo. If you don’t feel it to be wise to go out, don’t think that I will hold it against you. I will understand.”

“The zombies are out there, Livonia. Nobody is in the Phillip’s house, so it should be safe to go and take apart their beds. I can at least get things ready.”

“Mistakes kill, Theo, and I really do not want to do this for any other man. I am doing this for you, but I want you to know that I feel that you deserve it. I want to do this for you tomorrow, and I want to have sex with you and carry your babies.”

“Well, our agreement does work both ways. I thus don’t want you to ever feel that I am not keeping my part of the bargain.”

Again, I felt it necessary to say something for my benefit as well as his. “Theo, all I did last night was spread my legs, and all I am doing right now is sitting here without any clothes. There is no risk. What you will be doing does include risk.”

He moved to kiss me. As he closed the distance between us, a hand did take hold of one of my boobs. After the act of affection, he had both hands grab my chest.

“Don’t you belittle what you are doing. I do appreciate it, and feel that it has enough value to fuel my desire to have you keep doing it. I want you, I want this, for the rest of my life, and I don’t plan on it being a short one.”

“I want that as well, Theo.”

I stood as proud as I could with the intent to let the man hold my boobs as long as he desired. He did fondle them, but I believe just long enough to realize that I would not pull them free. His arms then moved his hands around me as he hugged as well as kissed me.

“God, you are someone special. I love you, Livonia.”

“I love you as well, Theo.”

He broke from me, then began to move to put on another layer of clothes as he said, “Seriously, I am only planning to move into the Phillip’s house and dismantle their beds. It depends on the weather and other things as to whether I do more.”

“I will be here with the children.”

I felt so much like a wife as I saw Theo leave. Realizing that I was still naked as I fixed myself another cup of coffee, I found myself wondering if I could actually get used to going about without any clothes. Thinking of the children, I knew that I did need to put something on, although their presence again had me thinking of myself as a wife. Accepting that I was actually married to a man, a good man, I sat naked and drank the cup of coffee with the determination to enjoy my new life.

Afterwards I did put my clothes on. I wanted to check on the zombie situation outside, and did not feel like allowing anyone besides my husband see my body. While I knew no one could see me from the outside, as to look out the front window I stayed back to peer through narrow natural breaks in the curtains, I did feel safer dressed.

I did make out a few zombies in our area, but not enough to truly concern me. I found myself agreeing with Theo that we needed to secure our area. A concern came over me that if I took off to kill the remaining zombies some type of vacuum would be created that would suck more zombies in. Feeling presently happy with the equilibrium, I settled on the couch to enjoy the view.

There was still water in the ditch. I at first felt certain bubbling to simply being the filth in the depression settling. A definite disturbance in the water however began, which I noticed was due to a hand. It was very possible that a zombie had fallen and was now trying to get up, and I momentarily felt like rushing out to kill it. I found myself wishing that I had when I saw what did rise out of the water-filled ditch.

The creature appeared humanoid, but its features were blurred. Zombies were recognized more by their attitude than appearance, although after over a week of being outside in the weather their lack of grooming could also clue one in. What I saw of the creature presented no evidence of being human except in basic shape.

The body did not move quickly. I got the feeling that the outer layer of muscle was not connected to the skeletal system in the usual manner. It however gave the appearance of having more intelligence as it went to a regular zombie and appeared to sniff at it. Zombies do not attack one another. How they could tell was something we asked each other about. They did have a different smell to them – part decay, part something odd. If we did not have a fear of becoming a zombie ourselves, we might have tried wearing their clothes and moving among them. The new type of undead did not attack, but after checking out the zombie it slowly turned in a manner suggesting that it was looking around.

I picked up the phone and called the Phillip’s home. I could see across the street and saw no one else active. The only one I could imagine being potentially in danger was my husband. I thus hoped that he would answer.

“Yes?”

“Theo, look outside on the street.”

“What about it? I am headed to the door right now about to try and set up a bed frame.”

His voice did not have enough audible concern to soothe me, so I stressed a command to him, “Theo, look out the window.”

He mumbled a statement of doing as he was told. I did not care about what he said, but what he did. I stayed silent as I heard the clank of metal being set down, then steps. The sound of a mumbled curse told me that he saw the creature.

I shouted my husband’s name as I saw the creature turn in his direction. The head turned as if it heard me, but the eyes directed themselves at the Phillip’s house as if it saw Theo. Most zombies did not act as if they saw, but this creature clearly could recognize things visually. I shouted again as it began moving to the house my husband was in.

“I’m in the house, Livonia.” My husband’s rational voice did help soothe me. “What can it do? I going to see how I can get an advantage over it, then I will kill it.”

“Be careful, Theo. This is something different.”

“No, it’s not. It is just another member of the undead. It’s not our neighbor either.” I found myself wanting to chuckle, but hushed when my husband said, “Oh, crap. It knows to turn the handle on the door, and I don’t believe it is locked.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com

No Zombie for a Neighbor - 10A
Page 1 of 1