Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
How are you doing today? Empty33%How are you doing today? Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
How are you doing today? Empty67%How are you doing today? Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
How are you doing today? EmptyHow are you doing today? Voting_bar2How are you doing today? Empty 
TerishD (1441)
How are you doing today? EmptyHow are you doing today? Voting_bar2How are you doing today? Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

How are you doing today?

Go down 
+8
Bick
x_paramore
Snacker
Spyqueen
mamawsue
Michael Pasquale
HYdraMStar
Kellycakes
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kellycakes

How are you doing today? ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : How are you doing today? Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

How are you doing today? Empty
PostSubject: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2008, 11:17 am

Here is a place to let everyone know how you are doing everyday.

There are times in our lives when we don't want to even get up in the morning, then there are days when we can't even sleep from excitement of starting a new day.

Come here and tell us about it... (We're listening!)
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
HYdraMStar

How are you doing today? Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : How are you doing today? Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2008, 6:06 pm

I took a little time off from writing this morning and did a bit of painting. I can't say I'm entirely unhappy with the results... So, it's been a good day thus far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Michael Pasquale

How are you doing today? Scribbler-1
Michael Pasquale

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2008, 5:42 pm

I just got picked up to do a 10 article run on vacationing for lovers/nature lovers in St. Augustine, FL. The coolest part... It pays $200 per article. $2000!! Woohoo!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/michaelpasquale
Kellycakes

How are you doing today? ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : How are you doing today? Th_wel10

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2008, 8:37 pm

As you all know we have been moving, and I can't seem to get myself back to 100%. I feel like I'm not getting enough sleep, not enough is getting done in a day and life is floating by faster than we can live it. Other than all of this everything is going well so far.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
mamawsue

How are you doing today? NewScribbler-1

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2008, 12:48 am

I'm trying to get caught up on scribbles...have had a lot of 'stuff' going on in my life, but want to get connected with all of you soon!!

Love the site!

Sue~mamawsue~
Back to top Go down
Spyqueen

Spyqueen

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2008, 10:32 pm

I have had two very productive writing days! I am currently working on a non-fiction project two years in the making. I am in the final edits and revisions now. To be honest, I am quite sick of edits and revisions right now. LOL! But I have made much progress and will continue to do so. So, I am feeling pretty good today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wanderingwriters.org
Snacker

How are you doing today? ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : How are you doing today? Caring10

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 4:27 pm

I'm doing pretty good today. We updated the site a little bit and I'm proud of it. I think it looks great so that satisfies me. Hope we will get a lot of new posts and new members! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
x_paramore

x_paramore

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 5:10 pm

Today sucked. :P

School... homework.. more homework.. more homework.. and well, MORE homework. :P
Back to top Go down
Snacker

How are you doing today? ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : How are you doing today? Caring10

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2008, 5:28 pm

I'm good today. I wish that our dog would be easier to train, but that doesn't seem to happen in the next couple days. I enjoy spending time with him, and I'm actually pretty patient as well, and you do need some things that challenge you don't you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Bick

How are you doing today? ScribbleSuperr
Bick

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 2:12 am

My day...has been better then I thought it would be. I've been trying my hardest to get past my pessimism. I'm slowly getting there! My day started out horribly. I was upset over what I thought was losing a friend, but I decided, that I wasn't going to let that ruin my day. I told myself this would be a great day. I know that sounds really lame, but you know what? It worked.

I went to school, with a smile on my face! I may have been late with doing my homework, but I got it done. I mean, that alone is a disappointment. I'm a real stickler for doing my homework on time, but this weekend was a wreck, and Monday was not much better! So, sometimes it happens. After a hard weekend and a bad Monday, today needed to be a good day. So, I looked past the bad start of a day, and I went forward knowing if I tried I could make this day wonderful.

My first class was pretty fun, he's a great teacher. We laughed and we talked about Multiple Intelligences, which isn't that great a topic, but when you have a great teacher anything is fun! By the end of the class, I didn't let that smile stop. Come my second class, I really got into class. Which is a big thing for me. I'm really quiet, but I'm trying to open up and be more of an extrovert. I've got this talent for reading out loud. I never skip over my words and I can make my voice reach every corner of a room. So, I took that to my advantage and I offered to read aloud with much enthusiasm. Which sounds rather odd, but again. This is a big step for me.

Not to mention, even before class, I stood up in front of everyone and made a speech about the newsletter. Since I really need more writers. I've only got one on my 'staff' right now and that's not including me. I'm becoming the unofficial editor, and I've got no help. But that's beyond the point.

Class went well and that smile never left. My last class was spent mostly working by ourselves, so I had no chance to break out of my shell. Then I got to work on the newsletter for 2 and a half hours, and it's definitely not finished yet. But, I did get most of the pictures for it today! That was exciting, I was able to format everything to fit, and we even got more room for the article the only person who's helping me is writing titled "Why Vote." Which I've had to deal with a lot of... misunderstandings with him. I wanted it to be unbiased, but It's definitely not! I'm going to have to find a way to get it through his head, since it needs to be done by Friday.

I'm very content with my day. I got a lot of the newsletter taken care of, and I've got teachers impressed with me. That's definitely a first.

Going home wasn't a downer like it tends to be either. I spent the day dancing, block-building and singing with the kids. Made dinner. Then I had a wonderful chat with my friend whom I thought I had lost! And he's back, and that's such a relief.

I'm not sure how much better a day can get.
Back to top Go down
soujiroseta

soujiroseta

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 3:11 am

ive had a day where ive spent most of the time sleeping but i still wanna close my eyes. So yeah good day. cheers
Back to top Go down
Teele

Teele

Male
Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 2:01 pm

Hey all! Today's going good so far, even if actual work getting done is progressing a little slowly. I asked about a job as a computer tech for the City of Cold Lake. I'm a full-time student working from home, so I inquired about the possibility of working part-time as their tech.

The big item on today's list is a big project proposal I have to write for my IS project. I'm building an email client, but of course, diving right into code is considered bad form :P. So, I must tell them what I plan to do. But, it'll go good once I get oriented and get my mind engaged.

And I'm going to Edmonton tomorrow to hang out with my dad, so that'll be awesome! Haven't seen him since May.

So yeah! My day's going good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theclaybox.ca
soujiroseta

soujiroseta

Male

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 8:55 pm

today seems to be starting okay its 8am where i live and i just need to go to school to submit papers and then the one week mid semester break begins 8)
Back to top Go down
Leaka

How are you doing today? Topscribbler-1
Leaka

Male
Number of posts : 334
Current Mood : How are you doing today? Evil10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 8:56 pm

Today, so far has been tiring, boring, and a bit upsetting.
But I'm having a good day despite it all.
Its 4:56 pm here almost 5:00.
Back to top Go down
x_paramore

x_paramore

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2008, 2:33 pm

Today was a FanFic day.
I literally sat in front of the laptop for about 5 hours, reading Twilight and Harry Potter FanFic.

Can you say ''Get a life''? Hahaha.

It was fun though!
Back to top Go down
soujiroseta

soujiroseta

Male

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 10:49 am

ive been surfing the whole day, feel kinda tired but am still pretty upbeat, also playing with photoshop=)
Back to top Go down
KillarasGhost

How are you doing today? NewScribbler-1

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 4:25 am

My car died:( it died yesturday but my partner jump started it. I went to start it again today but it wont start. I think the startermotor has gone on it. :'( So My car sucks but at least I have the day off. So that's good, right???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are you doing today?   How are you doing today? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How are you doing today?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: Scribbles Cafe'-
Jump to: