Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
ZOMG, look what i found Empty33%ZOMG, look what i found Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
ZOMG, look what i found Empty67%ZOMG, look what i found Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
ZOMG, look what i found EmptyZOMG, look what i found Voting_bar2ZOMG, look what i found Empty 
TerishD (1441)
ZOMG, look what i found EmptyZOMG, look what i found Voting_bar2ZOMG, look what i found Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

ZOMG, look what i found

Go down 
+2
Snacker
seraphim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
seraphim

ZOMG, look what i found NewScribbler-1
seraphim

Number of posts : 13
Current Mood : ZOMG, look what i found Th_bla10
Registration date : 2009-01-11

ZOMG, look what i found Empty
PostSubject: ZOMG, look what i found   ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2009, 11:49 pm

Well hello, i'm not a writer, but i joined anyway, looks like a cool forum, though red is a boiling color angry , i still find it cool, cool (ok i dont make sense)

i'm 18. am female(so far), an aspiring musician, artist and much much more.
my ambition in life is to do nothing, cause i so hate being normal >.<

i dont speak english very well, my grammar is below average, but i tend to blab alot (blab)

I found this site through forumotion, cause i run a forum as well.

ok, so far, this intro is pointless.

so hi, i'm new XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.bleachdynasty.com
Snacker

ZOMG, look what i found ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : ZOMG, look what i found Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, look what i found   ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 12:03 am

Hey Seraphim and welcome to Scribbles.

You don't have to be a writer to join this forum. We do have other sections that have to do with music, or other stuff.

Just look around and you'll see.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Oh btw, I'm looking forward to reading your posts. Maybe we will find something of you in the lyrics section, since you are a musician.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
TerishD

ZOMG, look what i found ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : ZOMG, look what i found Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Reply   ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 7:40 am

Not a writer, but decided to join anyway? Cool. I guess this means that you believe that we will talk with you on your subjects - SURE. Look forward to having you around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
HYdraMStar

ZOMG, look what i found Extrascribbler
HYdraMStar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Current Mood : ZOMG, look what i found Kitty10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, look what i found   ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 8:00 am

Well, we have a song writers and artist forum. So, I guess you're wanting to join up makes sense.

My one question to you is this, you say you don't speak English well, is that because you're not a native English speaker? If so, cool, welcome to the board we have a few others here who aren't native English speakers. If not........
Back to top Go down
http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
seraphim

seraphim

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, look what i found   ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 9:04 am

hey thanks for the welcome guys, and yes, i'm not native english english speaker, i have so many to learn on that area.

thanks again XD
Back to top Go down
Urs

ZOMG, look what i found ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : ZOMG, look what i found Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, look what i found   ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 1:01 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums! Glad to have you among us. You don't need to be a writer to appreciate writing or be inspired to be creative.

We have people here that like to do images, from photos to drawings. It's all accepted here at Scribbles.

I have already seen and commented on your work so far and I am glad to see you jumping into things.

Just one thing....

seraphim wrote:

i'm 18. am female(so far), an aspiring musician, artist and much much more.

Umm , do you mean "So far you are an aspiring musician, artist and much much more?"

Or do you mean "you are a female so far as you have plans to change that aspect of yourself?
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
seraphim

seraphim

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, look what i found   ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 1:07 pm

hmmm, well, its actually just an expression, kinda like ,"i'm a girl, but just for now"

something like that, see, i'm not that good at this XD, thanks for the welcome ^^
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

ZOMG, look what i found ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : ZOMG, look what i found Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, look what i found   ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2009, 5:23 pm

Welcome to Scribbles, not a writer umm, well honestly my hubby kind of learn to better his English through a writing forum so maybe you can too, good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, look what i found   ZOMG, look what i found Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZOMG, look what i found
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scribe (The Latest News Forum) :: Scribbles Appendages-
Jump to: