Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Hullo World! Empty33%Hullo World! Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Hullo World! Empty67%Hullo World! Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Hullo World! Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Hullo World! Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Hullo World! Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Hullo World! Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Hullo World! Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Hullo World! EmptyHullo World! Voting_bar2Hullo World! Empty 
TerishD (1441)
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Hullo World!

Go down 
+5
Snacker
Shadow Dragon
Urs
Bick
Teele
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Teele

Hullo World! Scribbler-1
Teele

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 1:32 pm

Greetings!

I am Teele; amateur writer, musician, and computer geek. I've been hanging out on another forum recently, and one of my friends there (Bick) invited me over here to share the fun! So, here I am!

In the area of writing, I write fantasy. I've crafted my own world called Crystan, in which I play constantly. I have a (sort of) finished novel based in it, but it was written over the course of years as my writing style and skill were evolving, so its rather uneven.. I'm working on a better Crystan novel right now, but it, too, needs a bit of work.

In reading, I like various sci-fi and fantasy; Tolkien is my idol and model; I like Star Wars and Trek, Timothy Zahn is my favorite sci-fi writer.

In music, I like art. Any band or ensemble that can play there instruments in a skillful and aesthetically pleasing fashion will get my attention. Within those criteria my tastes are very eclectic. Pink Floyd is definitely up on my favorites list (love Gilmour's guitar playing), along with a lot of other classic rock. New stuff, it really depends. Country bores me, rap annoys me. I like classical, Celtic, and world music as well.

In computers, I like to tinker. Smile I build Web pages, program apps, and configure databases. I'm taking a Bachelor of Science in Computing and Information Systems over the Internet through a university in Alberta. I support the Open Source movement, Unix and Linux, and hackerdom as a whole.

So yeah! That's me in a nutshell! Looking forward to meeting you all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theclaybox.ca
Bick

Hullo World! ScribbleSuperr
Bick

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 1:35 pm

I just learned a lot that I didn't know about you Teele :p But I will say. Whoot for Classical!

./hugsquish!

So glad you joined mister! Smile Now I's can bug you a lot =o
Back to top Go down
Urs

Hullo World! ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : Hullo World! Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 3:15 pm

hey Teele! I did not know you made a Game based on your Crystal World. I have to say it was an amazing world to say the least! In depth and very vast, one day I look to see what novel you have written about it... if I am lucky I'll get away with out needing to buy it in the book store!

Welcome to this little neck of the woods.. Seems Bick brought a whole group of People.

Chrome/Charface is here as well.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Shadow Dragon

Hullo World! Scribbler-1
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 55

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 3:37 pm

Hey Teele. Good to see you again.
Back to top Go down
Snacker

Hullo World! ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : Hullo World! Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 3:47 pm

Hey Teele and welcome aboard.

Wow I came to the site today and saw a lot new Scribblers. That's great.

I'm looking forward to reading your work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

Hullo World! ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : Hullo World! Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 3:50 pm

Wow, a flood of new people are joining, I must say I'm liking this. Welcome to Scribbles, I'm looking forward to reading some of your work.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Chrome

Hullo World! Scribbler-1
Chrome

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 4:04 pm

Welcome to the dig Teele! Okay, so on WF we don't know each other a lot, but I'm from there too. I hope you like the place! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Teele

Hullo World! Scribbler-1
Teele

Male

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 4:13 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and reading your works!
Back to top Go down
soujiroseta

Hullo World! ScribbleSuperr
soujiroseta

Male
Number of posts : 124

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 4:57 pm

Welcome Good to see ya!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JuJu

Hullo World! ScribblesPrincess-1
JuJu

Female
Number of posts : 287
Current Mood : Hullo World! Th_alo10
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 8:01 pm

Hi Teele, Welcome to Scribbles....
Back to top Go down
Teele

Hullo World! Scribbler-1
Teele

Male

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2008, 8:26 pm

Urs wrote:
hey Teele! I did not know you made a Game based on your Crystal World. I have to say it was an amazing world to say the least! In depth and very vast, one day I look to see what novel you have written about it... if I am lucky I'll get away with out needing to buy it in the book store!

Ha! Actually, I kinda just used a figure of speech there! Though I have adapted some of Crystan into a D&D campaign setting, and I did start building a Crystan game written in Java once. It didn't make it far, but I'll probably do something like it again....when I get a development team (i.e another programmer or two, some artists, an accountant, various other technical and managerial staff, etc....or hey! Maybe I'll just make it an Open Source project!!! Very Happy)

And yes, you'll probably see a good bit of my work before it goes into the books! Very Happy I really need to get back into my novels...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hullo World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo World!   Hullo World! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hullo World!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scribe (The Latest News Forum) :: Scribbles Appendages-
Jump to: