Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Empty33%Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Empty67%Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 EmptyLiving with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Voting_bar2Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 EmptyLiving with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Voting_bar2Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TerishD

Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Empty
PostSubject: Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32   Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2017, 12:22 pm

Living with Spirit Girl
Chapter Thirty-Two

Blake was with his family and Dorothy in their entertainment room when I finally became conscious and appeared asking, “How long was I out?”

His mother answered, “About four hours, Arraelly.”

“What about Fernando?”

Wendy replied, “He hurt a shoulder after being thrown from the truck, but nothing bad. He said you told him to spin, and he claimed that if he had not he probably would not have landed so well.”

Mother said, “The FBI was telling him to hush about speaking of you, but that you told him to talk to keep the focus on you and not on Blake. Considering that they did not know which of the children were associated with Arraelly, I have to say that it worked. Oh, the FBI told us to have you call in once you became active again.”

I had to say, “Blake, thank you for keeping the brooch with you.”

He replied, “Oh, I actually forgot about it, Arraelly.”

“Well, keep it with you. I’m going to the shed.”

Mrs. Manwell said, “The FBI said Honnider had been in contact with them, but nothing from your people on your home world. I hope there was no trouble.”

“I do as well, but we do get a little paranoid about travel into dangerous areas.”

Mr. Manwell said, “Take care of yourself, Arraelly.”

I had to admit, “I probably will need Blake if I feel the need to take action. I will however make certain that he stays back.”

“Make certain he stays in a car with heavily tinted rear windows, Arraelly.”

“Will do.”

No sooner did I leave the house than I saw the car used by the FBI agents, and moved to it. Agent Wilson had a window come down to tell me to climb in the back seat. As I did so I told him that Blake had the brooch, and that we would need him if he planned on going any distance. He started the car moving saying that he would simply take me to the shed, and I agreed that it was where I wanted to go.

“Oh,” he asked, “how much do you trust Honnider?”

“I told you that he fixates on the money. It thus depends on how much I have as to how much I trust him.”

“He is supplying intel, but we have not given him any promises.”

“He probably wants to be present when our people finally call back. It would be best to keep him at a distance until we actually need him. It will give us some bargaining power.”

Agent Norwood said, “He is saying that it would be best not to allow us to have the technology of the gravity device.”

“He’s playing you for a fool. Honnider and I actually had that discussion before. The fact that you have seen it in action should be enough to assume you have the technology. He will actually go into research labs just to see what they are working on. Realizing that a line of thought is being advanced into something practical is usually enough to get him to thinking how to make it happen himself. It is like a magician. One might come up with a new trick, but once others see it being done they begin thinking of how to do it themselves.”

Agent Wilson asked, “You have magicians on your world, Arraelly?”

“Life is life. As different as we are physically, historically, and culturally, we still have a lot in common.” I then had to ask, “Why didn’t you shoot those men? I slightly understand the gorilla, but these were desperate criminals harming children.”

“The situation took us all by surprise, Arraelly. By the time our authorities were able to give the word, it was being resolved. Not in a manner we would have liked, but the children were kept safe. A few broken bones was actually considered a best-case outcome.”

I had to ask, “How about Fernando? I was told that he hurt a shoulder.”

Agent Norwood said, “He wants to talk to you, Arraelly. When you find a moment, call him.”

Driving up to the property on which was the shed, I quickly got out to rush to the small building. Coming inside I hit the buttons I knew would signal a transmission. As before, I did not wait for any acknowledgement, but simply started talking.

“*This is Officer S4 Arraelly Fortaubin. Clerk O1 Benamel Nollison, are you on station?*”

“*No one has arrived yet, Officer Arraelly. They however are close. They will be glad to know you are waiting.*”

I would have gotten around to asking about that, but let it be known the real reason for my question. “*Clerk Benamel, are you with the police, or some other agency?*”

“*This is a college assignment, Officer Arraelly. I am studying to become a physicist myself.*”

“*I wish you well. Thank you. I am waiting.*”

It surprised me to see a phone sitting nearby. Agent Wilson had mentioned that Honnider had been in contact with those present. Wondering about what he had truly said to the local police, I picked up the phone.

After hearing him answer, I asked, “*Why did you come here?*”

“*Any of the natives I would tell to go to Hell. You, well, it would take too much of our time to answer. There is an answer, Officer Arraelly. Can you be satisfied with that?*”

“*Maybe, if you can answer another question. Any problems in going home?*

“*As in will I have police seeking to lock me away? No. You know my reputation over there. How about you when you said you had two husbands?*”

“*Your response to that was cute, Honnider.*” I was glad to hear him laugh. “*I can believe you told others, but not that you wanted to attack the children.*”

He actually sounded relieved to hear me say that, so I believed him when he said, “*I was worried that those with you would be looking for my head.*”

"*They said you were talking to them.*”

“*Also called my wife, but she is pretty mad at me.*”

Having met Mrs. Pritchard, I could believe him. “*The clerk on station said that our people should arrive rather soon. Wanted to check on you before I listened to their scientific lectures.*”

“*Listen, Officer Arraelly, they might know something. The technology is old. I do not mean as in tried-and-true, but as in the equipment I found had been in place for a number of decades. That is what made me trust it. I had found other abandoned research projects and made money off it. Anyway, I would think with them having a clerk on station that they did some research into what the original designer was seeking to do.*”

“*I’m scared that they are going to tell me that they know nothing about it, Honnider.*”

“*You know the part of town it is in, Officer Arraelly. If they are going to the trouble of putting someone on station, and coming to speak to you, they know something. Thanks for calling.*”

I sat down the phone only to hear others ask about what I had spoken to him about. I replied that I had told Honnider that while I accepted he told some people some things, I did hold him responsible for the threat to the school children. Probably a mixture of curiosity and actual suspicion had them ask things about my native language, and I calmly taught them some things until hearing some words from a world away.

“*Officer S4 Arraelly Fortaubin, are you present?*”

“*Present and so ready to talk.*”

“*You told Clerk Benamel that your health was complicated. Can you explain?*”

I relaxed and went over my connection with Blake. I explained the situation with Honnider and Lorither, then clarified things about my own existence. There was a hope that they would speak of agreeing that my connection with Blake enabled it to be undone much more easier, although feared the lightyears separating us would make the connection unresolvable.

What Physicist Mosork said however slightly fit between the extremes. “*Officer Arraelly, I believe the creator of this device assumed that he would be affecting a liquid environment as our own. Still, the device is working, so do not bother it. Now that I have your actual data, I am going to sit down and go over the notes and other information. I am here though, so do not lose hope.*”

I looked to the others in the room and simply said, “They’re working on it.”

We turned as the lawyer for Mrs. Pritchard walked into the room while asking, “So, it will work?”

I replied, “It did work. What we are hoping is that it can send us back.”

“We are talking about technology that can send and receive messages, if not people, from one planet to another.”

“Yes.” I then stood up to direct her to a chair. “Sit down.”

“Sit down?”

“I have given these here some basic language lessons. Might as well give you a full course.”

She stood for a moment as if unsure what to do, then handed me some documents. “I came here with the intent of claiming this technology. This is Mrs. Pritchard’s property, and it was her husband that was first affected.”

“It’s not like I can put this equipment in my pocket when I am ready to go home. I have already talked this over with Agents Wilson and Norwood. You have seen the technology, so it is assumed to be available. I actually have good memories of my time here. I would be glad to stay in touch.”

We all turned hearing distant gunshots. The roar of an approaching truck also caused us alarm. While the police and FBI called in for reinforcements, we all turned as a bull horn let us know that the situation was more than we expected.

“Hey, American law enforcement, we want to claim your aid. We have commie bastards wanting our gravity gun. This is American technology, and we want you to protect us.”

While the truck had come to a stop in the street, the other vehicles continued to rush forward. The passed the truck with those on the inside spraying bullets, then in a display of expert driving came to a stop in a manner of blocking the road while providing cover for slower vehicles. The amount of firepower I saw arrive on the street had me accept that the situation had just gotten very critical.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com

Living with Spirit Girl: Cp32
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Pennings (Writer's Forum) :: The Scrawler's Workplace-
Jump to: