Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
KEO/Legend of New Horse Empty33%KEO/Legend of New Horse Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
KEO/Legend of New Horse Empty67%KEO/Legend of New Horse Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
KEO/Legend of New Horse Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
KEO/Legend of New Horse Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
KEO/Legend of New Horse Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
KEO/Legend of New Horse Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
KEO/Legend of New Horse Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
KEO/Legend of New Horse EmptyKEO/Legend of New Horse Voting_bar2KEO/Legend of New Horse Empty 
TerishD (1441)
KEO/Legend of New Horse EmptyKEO/Legend of New Horse Voting_bar2KEO/Legend of New Horse Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

KEO/Legend of New Horse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WordWulf

KEO/Legend of New Horse NewScribbler-1

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-04

KEO/Legend of New Horse Empty
PostSubject: KEO/Legend of New Horse   KEO/Legend of New Horse Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2008, 2:55 am

I am much less than a weathered tome to your eyes. I’ve come to seek that which more than magick reveals; language, the texture of my skin, cloth spread 'cross bony spar, a cobweb sail blown by the winds of time. What I have accomplished must occur a thousand times more, each set of these fifty years of my existence. I see the hand of my grandson upon the hand of my son. Over a hundred and fifty generations will this eternal stack of hands represent, a fine promise and hope of aeon.

This message is a thin whisper to the younger, word secrets kissed into your ear. We aren't doing so well in this world of bombs and bullets we have made, our epithets of peace or else, the mad science of overkill. I hope you are there in spite of us, have learned some thing because of us and are, better still, yet one of us.

I am a man who dreams. It has even been suggested that I dream in color. I do so hope you have color and a host of dreams upon waking. To this end, I have penned a song whose tune my son's guitar has learned to sing. I have chosen to include the lyrics that its music might find your lips for I know, if you are of me, you will find a way to sing.

Legend of New Horse

Mama told her first son
Come sit down by my side
When everything is said and done
all you can do is try
Remember when you wonder
which way and what to do
some times only hunger
will see a spirit through
And we're standing
in a crosswind
Bad Moon
bound to carry
a legend on the rise

When you follow your heart
face the risk of breaking down
set yourself a part
awareness of the sound
the arch of Earth and Sky
peace angelic fall
Mama said, "Son can we only fly
when we're not above it all"
We are standing
in a crosswind
Bad Moon
bound to carry
a legend on the rise

Where Winter makes her mark
what decades find lay claim
a howling voice the dark
and New Horse is its name
A pounding heart of rage
tempered passion will
when it's time to turn the page
a destiny fulfill
And we're standing
in a crosswind
Bad Moon
bound to carry
a legend on the rise

Breathless fall from the womb
a four point landing to
Maybe shake the mother spoon
find a path that's true
We are only what we are
a kick in fortune's ass
Honey we may hold the stars
kiss the nights we pass
We are standing
in a crosswind
Bad Moon
bound to carry
a legend on the rise

Mama told her first son
Come sit down by my side
When everything is said and done
all you can do is try
Remember when you wonder
which way and what to do
some times only hunger
will see a spirit through
And we're standing
in a crosswind
Bad Moon
bound to carry
a legend on the rise

So, there you have it. I keep a tenuous grip at best, so at odds am I to the time in which I have been borne. I live near the mountains and share their breath and my Children, your next of next of kin. Be generous and good to one another. Look forward and not back. Most of what you may learn from us is how not to be. In history's stead, keep a good heart. Care about your young and old. Those in between will thrive in a circle of wellness.

I like to think of myself as your father for it is what I have come best to be, one who cares for Children, sings when he gets the chance and appreciates the blessings of love when they occur. Remember always that your Spirit resides within yourself. You are a living pagoda. No one can show you the way, yet may you close your eyes and wander unclothed in a snowfield to be kissed by Gods. Be humble and proud, simply courageous...

I promised myself I wouldn't preach when I penned this piece, yet it sounded just then as if I were. Listen, if you know me when this is found, come get me straight away. We will make a circle and pound our bare feet into the dust of our Spiritual Ground, howl the legend to the heavens, press our faces into the flesh of the new horse and ride the hell away.

This song may be sampled or downloaded at TrueFire:
http://truefire.com/list.html?store=original_music&viewauthor=3554
or ReverbNation
http://www.reverbnation.com/wordwulf?pop....ctivate%3Dtrue
Back to top Go down
Snacker

KEO/Legend of New Horse ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : KEO/Legend of New Horse Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

KEO/Legend of New Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEO/Legend of New Horse   KEO/Legend of New Horse Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2008, 3:17 am

Wow...Two thumbs up! Of course I just had to check the song out, and well I have to say; Respect man. The lyrics are great and the melody to it as well. I like rock music, not the kind of rock where everyone screams around, but I really enjoyed your work.

Great piece of art! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com

KEO/Legend of New Horse
Page 1 of 1