PortalHomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Empty33%new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Empty67%new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Two (6-8A)
new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part One (1-5)
new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2019, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Black and White - Part 7 (32-36)
new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2019, 6:44 am by TerishD

» To Know Black and White - Part 6 (26-31)
new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2019, 6:37 am by TerishD

» To Know Black and White - Part 5 (20-25)
new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2019, 6:47 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Emptynew story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Voting_bar2new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Empty 
TerishD (1390)
new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Emptynew story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Voting_bar2new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thadd

new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" NewScribbler-1

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-08

new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Empty
PostSubject: new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music"   new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 6:46 am

Please visit my blog to read my newest story http://storyblog.thaddpresley.com

thank you so much
Back to top Go down
http://www.thaddpresley.com
TerishD

new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1390
Current Mood : new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Reply   new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 10:41 am

Read it. Not my type of story. The protagonist really had nothing that caused me to care for him. Still, that is my bias and puts no reflection upon you. I agree that one should attempt a number of story styles and perspectives. I thus applaud you for taking on the challenge of this tale.

The only thing that truly bothered me was the actions of the Sherriff. If he had the bull horn, why would he be up close to the door? A number of other technical details bothered me (this is the twenty-first century, so the officers should have suspected cameras). I however understand that at times the movements of the players need to fit the story and not exactly reality.

Okay, I wish you well. Keep at it. You are working hard, so deserve any honor that you gain.

http://www.terishd.com
Thadd

new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" NewScribbler-1

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music"   new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2011, 7:41 am

I think the loud music might have had him near the door. But you are right. I haven't develop the character enough yet. When I rewrite this I'll keep all these great tips in mind. thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thaddpresley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music"   new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new story posted entitled "Jonathan Loves Music"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: General Discussions-
Jump to: