Overused
Books (some new -- one old) Empty33%Books (some new -- one old) Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
Books (some new -- one old) Empty67%Books (some new -- one old) Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Two (6-8A)
Books (some new -- one old) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part One (1-5)
Books (some new -- one old) Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2019, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Black and White - Part 7 (32-36)
Books (some new -- one old) Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2019, 6:44 am by TerishD

» To Know Black and White - Part 6 (26-31)
Books (some new -- one old) Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2019, 6:37 am by TerishD

» To Know Black and White - Part 5 (20-25)
Books (some new -- one old) Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2019, 6:47 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
Books (some new -- one old) EmptyBooks (some new -- one old) Voting_bar2Books (some new -- one old) Empty 
TerishD (1390)
Books (some new -- one old) EmptyBooks (some new -- one old) Voting_bar2Books (some new -- one old) Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

Books (some new -- one old)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thadd

Books (some new -- one old) NewScribbler-1

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Books (some new -- one old) Empty
PostSubject: Books (some new -- one old)   Books (some new -- one old) Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 4:31 am

I ave found this year to be crazy for sure. I spent 2010 editing for a bunch of great writers and then the new year came and I published my poetry book - the one I spent 2010 trying to finish. Then, quickly got published in a book entitled "Sins and Tragedies" -- my friends Stephen W. Roberts, Daniel Fabiani, and Stacy Bolli are in this with me. Then I found myself invited to be in Abandoned, which hasn't come out yet, but is the third book in the series by Jason Baker, a great photographer.

Alright, as if that isn't enough. Next came two poetry books over at Static Poetry headed by Chris Batholomew. Through her and Stephen W. Roberts I was asked to re-write chapter 14 in "Edward Ballister" - a collaborative fiction written by 25 writers.

I have been featured as the month's storyteller for January and Feburary at http://flexwriterblogsonline.net/Storytellers/?p=60 and http://flexwriterblogsonline.net/Storytellers/?p=121

And today "Soup of Souls" came available and I was putting the links on my website when I "googled" myself to find an old link for another book and this site came up. I'm so glad it did because I saw where i posted and everyone commented.

Sorry it took so long to reply and to realize how great of a site this is. I thank Hydra M. Star fop inviting me all that time ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thaddpresley.com
Skwerly

Books (some new -- one old) Scribbler-1
Skwerly

Male
Number of posts : 79
Current Mood : Books (some new -- one old) Th_tha10
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Books (some new -- one old)   Books (some new -- one old) Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 8:13 pm

Busy, busy, busy! Hey, busy is good, right? Smile
Back to top Go down
Thadd

Books (some new -- one old) NewScribbler-1

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Books (some new -- one old)   Books (some new -- one old) Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 7:43 pm

I just got the link for my newest book out. It is a collaborative novel called "The Edward Ballister Project" and it incorporates 25 writers, each doing a chapter each. The book went around and became the best novel I've read this year. I hate saying that something of mine is awesome, but I can say it for this because on one out of 25 chapters is mine. You can find the book here http://www.pillhillpress.com/shoppe-static-movement.html

The Edward Ballister Project

Here is a list of the authors in "The Edward Ballister Project"
I lsit them because I am very grateful to work with them and I want those who support them to know what a wonderful job they have done. I could not, would not, be in this book without them and it is my pleasure to tell you that "The Edward Ballister Project" is up for sell at the Pill Hill Press Website.

Chapter One
Jeff Ezell

Chapter Two
Jessica Lynne Gardner

Chapter Three
Charlotte Emma Gledson
Chapter Four
S.D. Chamberlin

Chapter Five
Brandon Layng

Chapter Six
Dave Rex

Chapter Seven
Garry Charles

Chapter Eight
Victoria Selene Skye~Deme

Chapter Nine
Matthew Pierce

Chapter Ten
W. Todd Banks

Chapter 11
L.L. Nelson

Chapter 12
Jennifer L. Miller

Chapter 13
Andrea Colleen

Chapter 14
Thadd Presley

Chapter Fifteen
Benjamin Bussey

Chapter 16
Mark Mihalko

Chapter 17
Mark E. Deloy

Chapter 18
Stephen W. Roberts

Chapter 19
Kristy Tallman
Chapter 20
Chris Bartholomew

Chapter 21
Michael A. Beaudry

Chapter 22
P.S. Gifford

Chapter 23
Kasey Curtis

Chapter 24
Shawn-a-lee McCutcheon-Bell

Chapter 25
Jeff Ezell

Back to top Go down
http://www.thaddpresley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books (some new -- one old)   Books (some new -- one old) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books (some new -- one old)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge (Chit-Chat Forum) :: General Discussions-
Jump to: