Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
April's Writing Prompt Empty33%April's Writing Prompt Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
April's Writing Prompt Empty67%April's Writing Prompt Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
April's Writing Prompt Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
April's Writing Prompt Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
April's Writing Prompt Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
April's Writing Prompt Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
April's Writing Prompt Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
April's Writing Prompt EmptyApril's Writing Prompt Voting_bar2April's Writing Prompt Empty 
TerishD (1441)
April's Writing Prompt EmptyApril's Writing Prompt Voting_bar2April's Writing Prompt Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

April's Writing Prompt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snacker

April's Writing Prompt ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : April's Writing Prompt Caring10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

April's Writing Prompt Empty
PostSubject: April's Writing Prompt   April's Writing Prompt Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 1:08 pm

This month it's about 'far far away'. Do you have what it takes to describe a place so wonderful and unique that the reader wants nothing more then to be there?

Here is your chance:

You have just arrived in a distant place far away, and everyone "back home" can't wait to hear what it is like!

Write a clear description of this place -- whether real or imaginary -- to give your readers a vivid picture of what it is like in this far-away land.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
Kellycakes

April's Writing Prompt ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : April's Writing Prompt Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: April's Writing Prompt   April's Writing Prompt Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2009, 12:23 am

A Woman's World

There aren't any butterflies or rainbows, but an immense amount of quietness even when the music is playing. Time seems to stand still, but days do go by. I'm enjoying my vacation I must say I didn't expect the massages and pedicures to be free and whenever I want them. This must be a woman's world. The men walk around in loin clothes; the cute ones anyway and I cannot say that I'm insulted by their near nakedness. Some of us women do the same, and its nice not to feel like a piece of meat in the cold case. When the sun rises, it is not hot but the temperatures are always perfect, and the water is never cold. I was getting a manicure this morning in bed after breakfast which Caleb and Tila brought in, they were looking so good I wanted them both to stay the morning. If I had asked I'm sure they would have agreed to do so, but I was too chicken, though by the end of the week I will have had them both and a few more that I have my eyes on. Long story short, this must be a woman's world and I must say I'm really damn happy to be one.
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
Urs

April's Writing Prompt ScribblesModerator-1
Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : April's Writing Prompt Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: April's Writing Prompt   April's Writing Prompt Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2009, 10:03 am

Far Away Home

Words fail me as I try to explain what it is about this place that is so unique. Is it the green grass, the clear blue sky, the crisp clear water? No, all those things are easy to describe. What first touched me was emotion, a welcoming if you will, a feeling that can not be truly explained but must be felt. When I arrived upon this place what I felt was the finality of being home.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April's Writing Prompt   April's Writing Prompt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

April's Writing Prompt
Page 1 of 1