Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Empty33%the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Empty
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Empty67%the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Empty
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Abduction to Elfland: Part 4 (19)
the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 6:22 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 3 (13-18)
the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 6:41 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 2 (7-12)
the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2020, 6:30 am by TerishD

» Abduction to Elfland: Part 1 (1-6)
the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2020, 6:33 am by TerishD

» To Know Sweet and Sour - Part Seven (35 - Epi)
the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2020, 6:38 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)
the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 2 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Empty 
TerishD (1441)
the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Emptythe last person to post here wins - Page 2 Voting_bar2the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Empty 
HYdraMStar (1170)
Kellycakes (1136)
Snacker (818)
Urs (569)
fleamailman (400)
Leaka (334)
JuJu (287)
alexandra (198)

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+7
HYdraMStar
Leaka
Kellycakes
TerishD
Snacker
Urs
fleamailman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Topscribbler-1
fleamailman

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-01-17

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 5:58 am

the goblin understood that just being with other people meant compromise so he settled for the adjective "happy" to go with each festival in turn, that is, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, and yet when the goblin was alone the goblin wanted wanted something deeper where Halloween meant "goodbye" Thanksgiving meant "gratitude" Christmas meant "giving on" and Easter meant "arrival", "...depth is what my life is really about, and although I live in dailylife I feel I should reach beyond it so these seasonal rituals are tools to gaining depth in my life if I so choose..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 The20Allure20of20Change
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 12:26 pm

"..."the duty of an opposition is to offer an alternative"..." said the goblin adding "...so then what is it that you want to show me, just link me to it or is it just that with you..." wondered the goblin who. being goth at heart, allowed people to post as they wished, and helped those people who believe in themselves and tolerance towards others, "...there, can't be fairer than that, you link me to a better way and I will change for you..." remarked the goblin with interest as his cold Winter's day started in earnest but at least the goblin had something to think about now he knew, perhaps even a new route even

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 NyoongarDreaming

Last edited by fleamailman on January 20th 2009, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 12:27 pm

the goblin finds himself watching the US open tennis match between the woman who looks like a runaway farm tractor and the man wearing women's clothes it seems, "...actually I am all for the reintroduction of women in woman's tennis..." concludes the goblin again

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Cat_tennis
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 12:30 pm

the goblin was happy with any mind that turned up, "...ah but to think of the mind as a mere machine will probably not work beyond the building blocks any more then just thinking that a picture is the sum total of number of used paints brushed upon a canvas..." mused the goblin who continued "...perhaps the mind is a controlled madness then, with umpteen necessary and unnecessary speculations and reactions built first upon the environment around it and then upon itself..." by which time the goblin was thinking back to the idea of building a gap between "dailylife and those biddings of the moneygod" and that other part of one, above those binds, that builds ones own values for oneself

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Uiuioujghfg
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 12:30 pm

the goblin just reminded himself that the trees pumped coloring into their leaves before they fell, and that all this theoretically wasted effort was just to tell insects which trees they were by those dead leaves that would rot below them, "...who knows, perhaps like one of those leaves, I am trying to gain color before I finally fall too..." mused the goblin looking at Autumn's short beauty in his Autumn years

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Comp_fallingleaves
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 12:34 pm

the goblin knew he had to explain more here, "...simply, I am across many "last post" threads meaning that often in replying to one thread an answer can be adapted and used elsewhere..." at which point the goblin remembered that the clock on the wall was a strange creature and had a nasty habit of jumping the minute hand while the goblin wasn't looking "...never trust clocks when one is engrossed in posting I say..." ventured the goblin knowing that when the clock stole time it was worth it

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Nauka_chodzenia
Back to top Go down
TerishD

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 ScribblesModerator-1
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1441
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Thinki10
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Reply   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 11:34 pm

Uh, fleamailman, I don't believe that you understand. A thread like this is supposed to be a sharing of comments and ideas. You post, THEN SOMEONE ELSE POSTS. If no one else posts, YOU WIN!

Now, if you want to do what you are doing, fine. There is a thread for pictures, although these aren't your own (do I have to mention copyright laws). However, the stories seem to be your own work. Thus, The Scrawler's Workplace would be a good place for this thread (oh, just give credit to the source of your pictures). There is also the Daily Journals section, but again - give credit to the source of your pictures. The pictures really bother me, AS THEY ARE NOT YOUR OWN. To keep this site up and the owners free from copyright charges, credit the source of your pictures.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terishd.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2009, 4:02 am

(the goblin turned up, he always liked it when someone bothered to reply, "...let me see, alright, I'll cut out the pictures to please, it would be the very first "last post" thread where I didn't use them, but mind you, since they are, in fact, links to photo albums on picture sites, much like the music is linked on sites in the jukebox, .... oh and plus the fact there is no profit making, .... plus the fact that I am always anonymous too, I can't really see the worry here..." replied the goblin in his usual a spirit of compliance, continuing "...so it's agreed, I will add the pictures to the texts elsewhere then, not here..." at which point the goblin has to excuse himself for not replying straight off to other threads here, saying "...I just wanted people to know how I am before I reply that is, I mean it's not everyday that humans come across a reply by a goblin you know, they might be shocked, dismayed, etc.,...", at which point the goblin was now looking at an empty coffee cup again almost sure that he had forgotten something, then he remembered "...ah yes, these "last post" threads, well they're a game where the only rule is to be the last poster by taking the last spot on the thread, they're pretty random as such and belong either in a "games" sections or in a "random" section, and I could link you to some where the pages go into hundreds and the hitcount into tens of thousands but we'd have to stop the school teaching and lighten up a bit, it's just a game after all..." and with that the goblin was in winning place again)

Last edited by fleamailman on January 21st 2009, 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2009, 4:33 am

("...come play with me humans, would you let me win alone here..." asked the goblin)

the goblin liked the posts, "...the balance between being too sensitive to post, and insensitive to what one sees, is a fine one..." the goblin ventured as his work pace had numbed him again to the events of his life and, although he had seen the gypsy boy holding a paper cup out to the drivers stopped by the traffic lights, had seen his mother seated on another corner holding a baby under one arm and a paper cup under the other, the goblin hadn't thought about it till later when he asked himself if "taking the child away from the parent" as the Swiss had done in the past was the right answer or not, anyway continuing homeward the smell of the elephants from the visiting circus, the degradation of the foliage of Autumn, and so many other things just happened for the noticing, "...what is the point of being alive if one doesn't match it by being aware then..." he typed into the slot's mouth at this point but when an event had happened the goblin had barely noticed it, "...dailylife and the moneygod are thieves..." the goblin concluded slowly realizing how much of his life was just washing over him unnoticed
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2009, 4:39 am

"...well today we can laugh slot, that is if the others can catch us up here..." smiled the goblin adding "...but the truth is nothing outside myself is mine anyway slot and all these tears come when one forgets that simple truth then, perhaps these tears come even and in spite of remembering that truth too, ah but it's just an unfair truth I suppose, that throughout ones life one just has to keep saying goodbye to people, places and the rest...", "...goblin let's go back to laughing, life's too short for this..." said the slot who was looking at the goblin writing this text thinking silly old clinging fool who gives the very advise he himself can't follow, the goblin laughed between his tears too saying "...the goodbyes hurt slot but surely I should know better by now...", "...you can know what you like goblin but you'll still feel the goodbye just the same if you care that is..." said the slot in an understanding gulp
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Th_cil10
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2009, 10:01 am

I for one have been enjoying your posting, you have a very creative mind and rather unique way of being entertaining.
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2009, 12:04 pm

("...aha thief, someone trying to take the last spot I see, I thank you for your comment human but you won't get away with..." said the goblin who quickly took it back but still liked what the human had wrote, adding "...funny "last post" thread this one, where is everybody...", and then the goblin put up another piece)

"...do you think I talk to myself slot...", "...no goblin you've got the muse and me to talk to, but mind you what with innerman lamenting the superficiality of outerman, and outerman craving "this, that, and the next thing", the wonder is not if you do actually talk to yourself, it's more how you can ever get a word in edgeways...", "...hello you two..." said the muse who popped in from the back room "..I heard that, is that you goblin worrying about whether you talk to yourself then...", "...um, well I, um...""...yep, he sure is, muse...", the slot had noticed the goblin was seated looking down at his shoes woefully, the muse put her hands down on his shoulders from behind him "...there there goblin I am sure you're not talking to yourself, any schizophrenic will tell you that much...", the man in the mirror found the whole image rather appealing as the goblin lifted his hand to his shoulder placing it on hers saying "...thanks muse but...", "...goblin..." she moved around the chair to look at him clearly, then, placing a lone finger on his lips as only a woman could do, spoke softly "...anyone can post but only mad people make interesting posters, leave sanity for shallow people, we're different...", "...that's better Your Madnessty..." joked the slot as the goblin started typing his hapless posts again
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2009, 12:18 pm

the goblin picks up the ringing phone and says his usual "...Bond(pause), James Bond...", "...ah pups, still that old line then, well we haven't changed, guess life can't change us then..." said the goblin's own voice back at him from the other end of the line only that is was him as he had been in his youth, it continued "... anyway I can hear that I lived, so do I marry then and have children, what do I become of myself...", "...well now..." said the older goblin somewhat used to this sort of thing "...well yes I suppose, all that, you throw away all your youthful freedoms willynilly for some trappings of family life and those trinkets of the moneygod, you' ll be basically happy but won't quite fit into your own life it seems, mind you, I wonder who ever neatly fits into growing older...", "...cool, any advice then for my future, pups..." asked the youthful goblin thinking the question would please rather than actually wanting to listen, "...if you don't live your life at surface level, I will be proud of you I guess..." the goblin replied knowing he was wasting his breath, "...sure pups, you take care of myself then, ciou..." as they closed the conversation and put their phones down somehow neither really understood the other but they never had
Back to top Go down
Kellycakes

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 ScribblesQueen-1
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Th_wel10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2009, 1:27 pm

Goblin is it? I have to say you're a little weird, at least to my human eyes. And what is bothering me is that although you've just joined our forum you have over 30 post and no one really knows who you are or where you came from.

Now don't get me wrong, we know that you enjoy writing in some off shore language and you believe yourself a goblin, and put yourself off as one in order to remain anonymous. All of this is quite alright, however; we would appreciate you taking the time to read through the other forums.

Introduce yourself in the appendages area (in a normal way please, and I mean human, there are enough introductions for you to read to do so.)

And maybe tell us what exactly you can offer our forum in a way of writing help, experience or is this particular thread the only thing you will do while here at Scribbles?
Back to top Go down
https://scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2009, 7:09 pm

("...ah! another human is it..." said the goblin as he reads the post, "...um, "who am I and what do I want", well start with the first bit I suppose I could write something like "married man with children, lives in Geneva, harmless, deluded, dyslexic, does not seek similar, if interested contact scriblebot "last post" thread", what's the next bit then..." mutters the goblin to himself reading on while reaching over for the coffeecup, sips, look back at screen, his muttering continues "...um, something about not reading the other posts here..." the goblin suddenly thought back to the reply he had already made about that not being the case here on this thread, continuing "...and "what do you intend to contribute here", fair question but I guess I'll just mention that I don't know other people's goals here, nor their requirements for that matter, leaving me little choice but to continue this thread here a bit longer to see for myself as kellycakes suggests, gosh she's smart, I like her...", and with that goblin was still thinking up his reply when the clock struck midnight, "...oh no, not the dreaded sandman, no, but I've still got a reply to write here, no don't shot me pleaseZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...")
Back to top Go down
Snacker

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Caring10

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2009, 8:02 pm

The goals of the people here is to improve their writings and to get tips and tricks on how to improve it. I would like to see you posting in other threads as well, but of course this is absolutely up to you.

I agree with Kelly that an introduction in the Scribbles Appendages section would be appreciated. You told us a little bit about yourself in the last thread, but still. Geneva as in Geneva, Switzerland?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 3:37 am

(the goblin returned, noticed the new post and collected his scattered thoughts, which usually meant little more than putting on the kettle in the bare kitchen followed by that slow stare at the slot here, "...and don't we love our waiting slot..." voiced the goblin in the cold morning air where, outside in the droning city streets below, people readied for yet more of the same, the seconds ticked away, life slipped though the moments, etc., "...I'm not a writer slot, they can see that, I just write here...")

from the "Dear all" diary

25th May 1997

Dear all,
Not again!, a few moments to yourself, a quiet coffee with a view and the next thing you know you're talking with a muse who's giving you some hard luck story(about how books that sleep on shelves show just how insidious this tyranny of television has become), she should talk, weren't muses really sirens that call writers to dash themselves on desks, next she'll complain about those nerds on the natternet with the usual "where to now the written word" but I explain "...if you're one of maybe fifteen members of the writer's club outnumbered by 170.000 predominantly pendumb Genevans the question isn't fame and fortune, it's more like "does one go down writing or simply fall on ones pen"...", and with that she smiled saying "...sounds like great odds, what about you then..." she took a sip from from the coffee and continued "...the pact goes, "a shared life, absolute honesty and a thick skin"...", "...and what's in it for me..." I ask reaching for my pen, "...a trip to self..." she replies handing me some paper as I write "Dear all" again.

sin., flea
Back to top Go down
Snacker

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 ScribblesKing-3
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood : the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Caring10

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 3:49 am

I just checked the "Who's online" and saw that your arrow points to Switzerland. So I'd say "Herzlich Willkomme zu eusere Gemeinschaft! Hoffe meh vo dir zlese!" I'm not sure if you understand that though flea, since you are from Geneva and "Schwitzerduetsch" isn't that common down there right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scribbles.forumotion.com
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 4:06 am

(the goblin thanked snacker for his post saying "...for a moment I was worried that I would be going down this thread alone and I always prefer to "lose to others" rather than "win my myself" here...", the goblin then answered the language bit, continuing "...bravo, correct Geneva is French speaking, there are a few words, and the basic accent, which differ from the standard French spoken in schools, which in turn differs from that which is spoken by Parisians but, all is all, it isn't as bigger gulf as that spoken between the German cantons here..." and with that the goblin posted his next, for that was the game then)

from the goblin's blog

11)"...life is odd..." said the goblin who had just returned from a conversation with his mother who after two months had been allowed to return home from hospital, their conversation was typical of all those he had with her and at least she was well though she couldn't really be left alone for long:

"...ah, I see you're awake, would you like to get up..."
"...where's grandma..."
"...she passed away long ago..."
"...oh, and where's the other one..."
"...dad's gone up into the village to do some shopping..."
"...ah, you have lost weight..."
"...I would like to do the bed, would you like to get up..."
"...where's the doctor(dad again)..."
"...I cannot hear what you are saying, come nearer..."
"...would you like a coffee..."
"...funny that the doctor would choose to go shopping at this moment when will he be back?"
"...soon, I will go and make you a coffee then..."
She comes into the kitchen, I hand her a coffee.
"Where's the doctor..."
"...ah, you have lost weight...."
"...here's your coffee then...."
"...oh, can you drink coffee your parents must be very proud of you, where is grandma..."
"....she passed away long ago..."
"...oh, you can drink coffee your parents must be very proud of you, you have lost weight, where's the doctor..."
The goblin by now had got used to this conversation and realized that any conversation was, after all, better than no reaction..
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 8:57 am

fleamailman wrote:
"married man with children, lives in Geneva, harmless, deluded, dyslexic, does not seek similar,

I laughed.. this is was just horridly funny. I could not help myself, I had to laugh at this.

You really need to interact more with the crew here, I think some of your best stuff comes from responding to others, while of course maintaining your persona.

By the way, as Snacker and Kellycakes said, this is a writing forum, what is your goal with this? How can we help you improve your skill or even critique your work?

I suppose by simply offering you fodder to work with, we are helping you in our own special way, so write on.

Also, can you tell us where your blog is?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 9:40 am

(the goblin liked Urs, "...of course I will react more with everyone here, do I not always reply, and it has only been a week at that..." said the goblin knowing that although he, and the humans, had much in common their goals were slightly different here in that they wanted to be "writers" did they not, whereas the goblin only wanted to create "posts" which isn't the same thing at all, "...to be honest, I really have no right to pass bland judgments on other people's works when I don't know what their goals for sure beyond improvement but what is "better" I wonder, something that might sound like an excuse in itself, ah but I am good at listening I know, and where you have no expectations of me humans you will be surprised, even pleased perhaps and, where you have those expectations, disappointed for sure..." ventured the goblin taking last spot again but enjoying everyones input immensely, continuing "...post for me mortals, win for me here, give me extracts, opinions, anything, as anything wins anyway, you're on stage here and I want to know who you are by what you post...", and with that the goblin posted some more)

in fact, the goblin sharpened his mind with coffee and WIFI, his life was a fight to reach in and drag "it", whatever "it" was, out, only that umpteen trivial calculations relating to "dailylife" got in the way, the goblin had to keep reminding himself at times that one has to "live life" and not have "life living one", saying "...honestly at times I can feel myself simply disappearing into the woodwork of some easy life of personal gain...", somehow that image of those boys being turned into donkeys in the book "Pinocchio" sprang to the goblin's mind now save that the goblin was a grownup at this point but the temptation remained

Last edited by fleamailman on January 22nd 2009, 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 9:41 am

"...feed me goblin, so many ghosts and so few posts...", "...but slot, what if many of those ghosts and still alive...", "...well just post their live ghosts then goblin, that's what the present becomes anyway, besides you promised the muse and had better do it before you become a ghost too...", "...OK alright slot, I remember it's "honesty, a shared life and thick skin" but I never thought this "Muse pact" thingy would be so weird to live through, I mean they're everywhere and anytime...", "...goblin, people have their memories, writers have their ghosts, that's all, and those ghosts own you until you dispel them and that is all it is, isn't it..." and with that the hungry slot and the haunted goblin just looked at each other as the ghosts closed in for the post
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 9:45 am

(repost form elsewhere, advice to anyone into writing)

the goblin knew that writing was never easy, "...too few adjectives and the story seems colorless and monotone whereas each adjective one adds to the storyline is a parameter that one is then tied to, so writers have to keep thinking back to earlier parts of the story to avoid contradiction and confusion on the part of the reader..." mentioned the goblin adding "...think of it like a rock under the flowing story, the other rocks are misspelling, ambiguity, writing style and length ...", at which point the goblin was thinking that all these rocks are forgiven if they are few and if the story remains deep enough to carry the reader over them but, where not, the boat breaks up on them so to speak..."
Back to top Go down
Urs

Urs

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 10:13 am

That is a really good analogy!

Very well put! Very Well said!

I like that and I a going to remember that.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 10:59 am

(the goblin liked Urs, but he had said that before he knew, "...we're not to but trusted, we steal pictures for illustrations, and images from dailylife, and in fact anything we can lay our hands on to make posts..." confessed the goblin posting his next of many)

any "word" once written lives on adrift the Internet where sooner or later one came across it again thinking "...oh yes that was me then too..." before moving on to the next "word", so perhaps for that reason alone no one can ever really have the last word, it(the word) has only itself(infinite) and a short span that it was looked at(finite), "... no not "who has the last word" it's "which word had the last person viewing it"..." ventured the goblin to a sea of infinite words to choose from
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next